chino

Hello

Hi, greetings from Auckland. 

I read about this site after searching up John Chang. I am interested in the path of self mastery/The Great Work/kung fu. I hope to learn from you and support you. 

Thanks

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chino said:

I read about this site after searching up John Chang. I am interested in the path of self mastery/The Great Work/kung fu. I hope to learn from you and support you. 

Thanks

If you are looking to discuss MoPai then please reconsider your reason for being here.

• Like 1

Chang is dead and the group with instructions from Kostas and Jim have specific parameters for the kind of person they give instructions to, but you’re better off with another system altogether.

• Like 4

As predicted by several of us here the MoPai wannabes keep leaking in from nowhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ralis said:

If you are looking to discuss MoPai then please reconsider your reason for being here.

Is there something either in the rules or in the Founding Principles that places a moratorium upon MoPai discussion?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chino said:

Thanks

Welcome!

Enjoy your sojourn here.

May it be both Happy and Peaceful!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gatito said:

Is there something either in the rules or in the Founding Principles that places a moratorium upon MoPai discussion?

MoPai freaks are guilty of spamming to the nth degree.

Just now, ralis said:

MoPai freaks are guilty of spamming to the nth degree.

The use of the term "MoPai freaks" appears to be a personal insult - reported.

Just put ralis on ignore @chino, you'll find that function in your control panel settings.

4 minutes ago, gatito said:

The use of the term "MoPai freaks" appears to be a personal insult - reported.

Just put ralis on ignore @chino, you'll find that function in your control panel settings.

Here are the rules as posted years ago which includes spamming. You reported me for that? Have you read the MoPai threads over the years on this forum and see that it lead to nowhere?

MoPai is not a person as you so think. That does not come under the heading of personal in which I didn't name names.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ralis said:

Here are the rules as posted years ago which includes spamming. You reported me for that? Have you read the MoPai threads over the years on this forum and see that it lead to nowhere?

Thanks ralis!

I'm now going to report you for spamming, as well.

Just now, gatito said:

Thanks ralis!

I'm now going to report you for spamming, as well.

Spamming for what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's been a bad tendency lately to use the Welcoming area as soap box for what we're against, and it seems alot like trolling.   People introduce themselves and ask about a practice or style and the thread becomes a flame war.  In my opinion, its good to tell them your feelings on it and why, then leave it alone. 

After a warning, respect them, perhaps they'll listen and have some extra caution but it's there path.  Lets not hound people or brow beat them into our way of thinking.  At best give them an alternative, but we ought to turn down the rhetoric and not carry on arguments from thread to thread.

If we didn't get involved in dumb practices early on,

we wouldn't know enough to appreciate the good ones. 

Nothings so dumb, that we can't learn something from it.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Please stop fighting, especially in welcome threads. If people want to fight or challenge each other, it would be wise to make a special topic or threads or zone on forum for it, or just go into pm.

• Like 2

Just now, SongShuhang said:

Please stop fighting, especially in welcome threads. If people want to fight or challenge each other, it would be wise to make a special topic or threads or zone on forum for it, or just go into pm.

The topics are already on the forum where there is much discussion. My reason for discouraging MoPai talk is one of relentless onslaught by MoPai wannabes which goes on ad infinitum to the point where many were banned from this site. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

The topics are already on the forum where there is much discussion. My reason for discouraging MoPai talk is one of relentless onslaught by MoPai wannabes which goes on ad infinitum to the point where many were banned from this site. 

There is an Admin, he should be able to take care of all who break the rules here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

There is an Admin, he should be able to take care of all who break the rules here.

I have been on here for years and will speak out against this forum being overrun. Whether it is MoPai, alt-right, and all the problems this site went through for years with right wing extremists. Obviously, you don’t know the recent history of such egregious problems. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

I have been on here for years and will speak out against this forum being overrun. Whether it is MoPai, alt-right, and all the problems this site went through for years with right wing extremists. Obviously, you don’t know the recent history of such egregious problems.

Perhaps start a thread of your own devoted to that topic (instead of riding this particular hobbyhorse incessantly on every newbie thread that mentions the term MoPai)?

• Like 1

I think presuming guilty before proven guilty is straight wrong.

This is no different than racism..

You are racist to anyone who follows John Chang?
Why project negativity on everyone who comes and mentions this name?

As wise man say, deal with issues when they arrive..

John Chang might have influenced millions people but not everyone becomes malicious or breaks the rules of the forum.

Being mean and evil to everyone who mentions him in the first post, is racist nonetheless.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, chino said:

Thanks

Incidentally, how are you finding Auckland during lockdown?

Working from home ATM?

Edited by gatito

So treating people like shit because of skin color is bad.

But treating people like garbage for mentioning some name or for mentioning some school is fine? That is what you want to say? @Cleansox

I do think when @sean talked about racism and fascism on the forum, and how we should not allow it, he did not only mean skin and nationality, but a more wide meaning.

I believe this place should be accomodating to various people, with various views, practices and beliefs. As long as they dont break the rules. Trolls, spammers, and evil people should be banned or punished - by fact, not by prejudice.

6 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

I think presuming guilty before proven guilty is straight wrong.

This is no different than racism..

You are racist to anyone who follows John Chang?

This is rather poor argumentation. 

While @ralis may be tired of the endless dead end arguments this forum has seen regarding mopai, he isn't racist, and is most likely the most active voice we have here speaking against racism. 

If you are curious what this is about use the search feature, look up mopai, and understand the more heated threads ended up in what we call "the pit" - which we presently don't have access to.

• Like 5

But treating people like garbage for mentioning some name or for mentioning some school is fine? That is what you want to say? @Cleansox

I do think when @sean talked about racism and fascism on the forum, and how we should not allow it, he did not only mean skin and nationality, but a more wide meaning.

I believe this place should be accomodating to various people, with various views, practices and beliefs. As long as they dont break the rules. Trolls, spammers, and evil people should be banned or punished - by fact, not by prejudice.

And please don't become one of those members who makes spurious and unfounded arguments on behalf of others and then summarily defeats the argument which exists only in their own minds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@sean

Didn't write that, and unless you are dyslexic you could not interpret that from what I wrote. 

But using "racism" in new contexts waters out the nasty meaning of the term. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And please don't become one of those members who makes spurious and unfounded arguments on behalf of others and then summarily defeats the argument which exists only in their own minds. 

Too late, another one lost to the Dark Side. 😁