Sign in to follow this  
sean

Sorry for being AWOL lately ...

14 minutes ago, sean said:

Sorry for lack of responsiveness, I'm just in "sick dog healing under the deck" mode. I'll survive and hobble back here in due time. 🤕

Let nature take its course. Wu Wei.

48 minutes ago, sean said:

Howdy Bums,

I wanted to drop in and say I'm sincerely sorry for being AWOL the last few months. 😔

Some context on what's going on with me.

Last year I was increasingly feeling pulled into some intense life crossroads/transitions. OK, turbulent, I can do turbulent. 😐

But then I received a few quite impressive combo punches. Most notably, an unexpected (albeit amicable) separation with my wife, followed up shortly after with getting laid off from my job thanks to COVID-19. Goddamnit. 😵

I'm OK.

Not great, or probably even good. But OK. I've been marching through several demanding technical interview processes to find a new job which is consuming most of my mental and emotional energy. I've bumped zuowang to medicinal multi-hour dosages. Otherwise I'm just being my weird, aspie, hyper-introverted self in my mountain-hermit quarantine.

Le sigh. Deepest thanks to everyone who patiently reached out to me in my absence. Sorry for lack of responsiveness, I'm just in "sick dog healing under the deck" mode. I'll survive and hobble back here in due time. 🤕

In my leave, I've given Trunk the superpowers to help with any fires. Please be kind to him and to each other (but not to fascists, always be extremely mean to them whenever possible).

❤️
Sean

Sorry to hear about your marriage ... and your job as well ... sounds like a very bad time.

I'm sure you'll pull through ... given time.

A.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, sean said:

Howdy Bums,

In my leave, I've given Trunk the superpowers to help with any fires. Please be kind to him and to each other (but not to fascists, always be extremely mean to them whenever possible).

❤️
Sean

Feel better.   You know how they say The sun shines on the just and injust.  These days w/ the virus, quarantine and whatnot, The crap is falling on.. just about everyone.  So the strategy is to out wait it, let it turn to fertilizer. 

Thanks for giving the sword of power to Trunk the wise.  I'm sure people will respect it, or fall to it.  

Be well and don't be a stranger.   Community and friendly chatter are medicine, as well as a pleasant way to pass the time.

• Like 6

Thanks for the heads-up, Sean.  And good luck dealing with all the challenges being thrown at you lately.  It´s likely little consolation, but you´re certainly not alone.  I agree with Gatito and Thelerner that Trunk is an excellent choice.  Just in the nick of time, I´d say.

• Like 6

Thanks for letting us know, I'm sure I was not the only DB getting worried, but recovering from a couple of gut punches like job loss and spouse loss, as well as the general difficulties besetting all of us is certainly a good enough reason for some time off.  After all real life is more demanding and almost as important as the Dao Bums, even for the owner.

ZYD

• Like 7

My love and support go out to you @sean

Sorry we can't simply take care of ourselves here, seems like we need a stick from time to time.

Thanks to @Trunk for volunteering to take out the recycling.

Hopefully we'll be able to minimize our carbonated footprint and leave both of you be most of the time.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, steve said:

Sorry we can't simply take care of ourselves here, seems like we need a stick from time to time.

Who are the "we" to whom you're referring?

34 minutes ago, gatito said:

Who are the "we" to whom you're referring?

Our collective, no one in particular, though you are welcome to fill in the blanks as you see fit.

• Thanks 1

Called it--and am reminding you, @sean, don't be shy to reach out for help. Some of us are more than happy just to talk and listen, and I offered you a couple sessions before via E-mail if you needed it, even on the Marblehead remembrance thread when you were alluding to some stress already. The door is open if you want it. Take care. 

Edited by Earl Grey

14 minutes ago, steve said:

Our collective, no one in particular, though you are welcome to fill in the blanks as you see fit.

Perhaps you refer to your collective?

4 minutes ago, gatito said:

Or yours.

I doubt it but perhaps I'm mistaken.

You could get together with yourselves and have a vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh!

You imagine that I'm a democrat?

Are you a Trump supporter?

35 minutes ago, gatito said:

WTF prompts you to ask that question..?

This is what prompted my question. 

You imagine that I'm a democrat?

6 hours ago, sean said:

Howdy Bums,

I wanted to drop in and say I'm sincerely sorry for being AWOL the last few months. 😔

Last year I was increasingly feeling pulled into some intense life crossroads/transitions. OK, turbulent, I can do turbulent. 😐

But then I received a few quite impressive combo punches. Most notably, an unexpected (albeit amicable) separation with my wife, followed up shortly after with getting laid off from my job thanks to COVID-19. Goddamnit. 😵

I'm OK.

Not great, or probably even good. But OK. I've been marching through several demanding technical interview processes to find a new job which is consuming most of my mental and emotional energy. I've bumped zuowang to medicinal multi-hour dosages. Otherwise I'm just being my weird, aspie, hyper-introverted self in my mountain-hermit quarantine.

Le sigh. Deepest thanks to everyone who patiently reached out to me in my absence. Sorry for lack of responsiveness, I'm just in "sick dog healing under the deck" mode. I'll survive and hobble back here in due time. 🤕

❤️
Sean

Good to see you back here! I have done the hermit routine way back in the early nineties and it can be a positive reset. Hope it is the same for you! 

Be well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

This is what prompted my question. 

I see. (You appear to have conflated "democrat" with  "Democrat" in the sense of a North American political Party.)

I used term "democrat" in its definitive sense (as is derived from δῆμος and κράτος), which has no relevance whatsoever to contemporary North American politics).

Thanks for the clarification ralis.

7 hours ago, sean said:

Howdy Bums,

I'm OK.

❤️
Sean

I thought you might like this in reference to your situation:

3 hours ago, gatito said:

Yes, my perspective of the collective.

It’s really all I have to share.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this