Sign in to follow this  
NoviceMonk

Ejaculation ruins me

I’ve noticed over the years that releasing either by Sex or myself puts me into a massive low energy, depressed, fogged state.  It’s always been this way.

Ive had my best days when retaining but it’s very up and down.  Not a linear improvement with the length of retention by any means.

5 days ago I was making some energy progress with my novice qigong practise.  For whatever reason I made my self release twice.  I’ve been in a pit of dispair since.

Only today on day 5 do I feel a bit brighter, some energy and interested in life.

im gonna try and retain long term and hope my qigong practise helps the problem in time.

right now I can feel a fullness in my crotch it feels to be in my penis.  I have no libido, my penis doesn’t feel pleasant when touched just dead, but it’s a feeling that draws me to release.  But from experience it would be a pleasure less empty release that just drains me.

i can only assume either I don’t produce as much energy as most guys so releasing drags me down so far..

OR 

My energy is blocked or stuck in my crotch somehow and when I release I release far to much in one hit.

i can’t describe to you how this condition has ruined my life but also introduced me to qigong and energy practises.

So, is there any suggestions how I can improve this?  How can I get this ball of energy I can feel building in my crotch moving? I’m going to retain but how do I avoiding losing such amount of energy if I do end up having to release?

ive never had a nocturnal release either.  Does that suggest I’m very low energy and have to conserve as much as possible?

currently I’m practising 8 brocades twice daily and doing Dan turn breathing while meditating.

is this likely to go away with continued practise as I am a novice.?

Edited by NoviceMonk

Consult your teacher. He or she will be of better qualified opinion to guide you rather than strangers on the Internet who all have different practices. 

In the absence of that, consult a TCM doctor for recommendations on imbalances. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

currently I’m practising 8 brocades twice daily and doing Dan turn breathing while meditating.

Welcome to the club! You are the second member of the month with this problem joining us.
Yes, if your have the patience to do it diligently for a long period of time.

23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Consult your teacher. He or she will be of better qualified opinion to guide you rather than strangers on the Internet who all have different practices. 

In the absence of that, consult a TCM doctor for recommendations on imbalances. 

thanks I’m self learning at the minute at least until I’m convinced that these practises can help.

i did see a tcm Doctor, he stuck a lot of needles in me, set one on fire, and sold me aload of herbs - I left poorer and felt no different!

Id appreciate different opinions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

thanks I’m self learning at the minute at least until I’m convinced that these practises can help.

Bad idea. Internal arts, especially trying to teach yourself how to do things like LDT work is bad. These are not autodidactic practices. You can harm yourself without knowing you are as you don't know what to look for, and there is a lot of misinformation out there without a framework to use and someone to oversee your individual growth as it's not linear or the same for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

i did see a tcm Doctor, he stuck a lot of needles in me, set one on fire, and sold me aload of herbs - I left poorer and felt no different!

Again--some people don't feel results immediately after one visit. It takes around 8-10 for acupuncture and modifying your lifestyle to suit the herbs, not taking them like antibiotics to make the problems go away.

4 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

Stick with informed opinions if you must. 

1 minute ago, NoviceMonk said:

Hi,

Lots of people come on here with this kind of problem - so you are not alone.  It's not a simple issue it's a complex one - in the sense that it's not just like storing water in a barrel and releasing it (or not).  There's all sorts of feelings and emotional states which feed back into your body/mind - so I think it can be quite confusing.

It's good to have a clear understanding of how the subtle body works - so you need to study that in some depth.  For meditation on LDT I would just rest your mind there and breath count - don't think about storing energy and so on - your body does that naturally and it will kick in if you let it happen - don't react to any sensation/experiences that occur just carry on for set time (maybe 20 mins or so).

For ejaculation - set your self some targets - longer periods of retention each time building to 100 days - but don't get depressed if it goes wrong just start again.  

Have you been taught the 8 brocades or are you doing it from a book?

(Just my thoughts of course :)  ).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

Hi,

Lots of people come on here with this kind of problem - so you are not alone.  It's not a simple issue it's a complex one - in the sense that it's not just like storing water in a barrel and releasing it (or not).  There's all sorts of feelings and emotional states which feed back into your body/mind - so I think it can be quite confusing.

It's good to have a clear understanding of how the subtle body works - so you need to study that in some depth.  For meditation on LDT I would just rest your mind there and breath count - don't think about storing energy and so on - your body does that naturally and it will kick in if you let it happen - don't react to any sensation/experiences that occur just carry on for set time (maybe 20 mins or so).

For ejaculation - set your self some targets - longer periods of retention each time building to 100 days - but don't get depressed if it goes wrong just start again.  

Have you been taught the 8 brocades or are you doing it from a book?

(Just my thoughts of course :)  ).

I read Wong kiew kits book and been practising his basic moves lifting the sky, raising the moon.

i felt as though I have a reasonable starting point as I can feel Qi in my body and have moved it around adhoc when practising meditation or muscle relaxation in the past.  I’m not new to the feelings but new to the structure of qigong.

to get some variation to those basic movements I decided to learn 8 brocades as it was regularly reccomended here.  I’ve just been watching a good YouTube video and copying the lady exactly.

in Wong kiew kits book he suggested if i Just practised his basic moods 20 reps a day for a few months the difference would be noticeable.  So that is me dipping my toe into Qi gong. If I do feel better I will find a local teacher for sure.

I’m trying to keep my practise simple for a few months.  Hopefully I’ll see some benefits and convince me it’s worth While.

the retention thing is sooo powerful an impact on my quality of life.  I go from being like a zombie to being quite bright when recovering from a single release.

this happens 90% of the time I release whether sex or by myself.  Occasionally it has lifted me.

retention makes sense as a easy win.  It’s not even pleasant more of a habit and release of the feeling of pressure in my crotch.

when I have felt good - usually when retaining.  It feels like all the good feelings in my body is coming from my crotch and spreading through my body.  Like my crotch is a reserve of energy and it’s feeding the good energy throughout my body.

most of the time all I feel is a fullness and weight there.

thats the best I can describe.

58 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

I’ve noticed over the years that releasing either by Sex or myself puts me into a massive low energy, depressed, fogged state.  It’s always been this way.

Ive had my best days when retaining but it’s very up and down.  Not a linear improvement with the length of retention by any means.

5 days ago I was making some energy progress with my novice qigong practise.  For whatever reason I made my self release twice.  I’ve been in a pit of dispair since.

Only today on day 5 do I feel a bit brighter, some energy and interested in life.

im gonna try and retain long term and hope my qigong practise helps the problem in time.

right now I can feel a fullness in my crotch it feels to be in my penis.  I have no libido, my penis doesn’t feel pleasant when touched just dead, but it’s a feeling that draws me to release.  But from experience it would be a pleasure less empty release that just drains me.

i can only assume either I don’t produce as much energy as most guys so releasing drags me down so far..

OR 

My energy is blocked or stuck in my crotch somehow and when I release I release far to much in one hit.

i can’t describe to you how this condition has ruined my life but also introduced me to qigong and energy practises.

So, is there any suggestions how I can improve this?  How can I get this ball of energy I can feel building in my crotch moving? I’m going to retain but how do I avoiding losing such amount of energy if I do end up having to release?

ive never had a nocturnal release either.  Does that suggest I’m very low energy and have to conserve as much as possible?

May I ask your age? Have you consulted your Dr. for a prostate and urinary tract exam? Prostate issues can feel as if there is congestion in the perineum.

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

May I ask your age? Have you consulted your Dr. for a prostate and urinary tract exam? Prostate issues can feel as if there is congestion in the perineum.

I am 38 and male.  Fit healthy active.

never had a prostate exam no.  I’ve had the psa blood test however and that was all good.

ive had the full feeling all through my 30s and Kate twenties when I started to realise the benefits of retaining.  It disappears when I release.

however when I have had sex recently when I’m on top and my weight is in my girl I feel a fullness in prostate area...

the full congested feeling isn’t in my pelvic floor.  But my penis and base of penis.

maybe an exam is worthwhile?

Edited by NoviceMonk

Your problem lies on the title of your OP. Unfortunately,  most guys went through this unhealthy habit due to not knowing better when we were young. Eventually, Qigong can cure it if it was done properly and diligently. Yours truly had gone from the worse to the better.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NoviceMonk said:

I am 38 and male.  Fit healthy active.

never had a prostate exam no.  I’ve had the psa blood test however and that was all good.

ive had the full feeling all through my 30s and Kate twenties when I started to realise the benefits of retaining.  It disappears when I release.

however when I have had sex recently when I’m on top and my weight is in my girl I feel a fullness in prostate area...

the full congested feeling isn’t in my pelvic floor.  But my penis and base of penis.

maybe an exam is worthwhile?

Always clear this stuff with your doctor. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ralis said:

Always clear this stuff with your doctor. 

I concur with this advice.

Sign in to follow this