Sign in to follow this  
Peace B

Hello All!

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for a few months now, reading people's experiences and recommendations. I've decided to use this lockdown to really accelerate my development and so I created an account to interact with and learn from others.

I have also been following Mantak Chia's teaching and have had some amazing results. I would love to share what I've learnt in hopes that it'll help others, because this is truly life changing stuff!

I do not recommend Mantak Chia at all as he is a controversial teacher and system here who has both inspired people and caused a lot more distress. 

You may use the search function to find the various discussions and opinions on this forum about him and what he teaches along with the specific controversies about what he allegedly knows, but I will spare you the further details of my opinion out of respect for your current and unsubtle joy in your current practice. 

• Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 10:11 AM, Peace B said:

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for a few months now, reading people's experiences and recommendations. I've decided to use this lockdown to really accelerate my development and so I created an account to interact with and learn from others.

I have also been following Mantak Chia's teaching and have had some amazing results. I would love to share what I've learnt in hopes that it'll help others, because this is truly life changing stuff!

Did you get it from his books?

I took several teaching workshops with Mantak back in 1987. His system has complications, is potentially harmful and he promises the moon, which is a big red flag. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3

Peace- Peace B.

I don't study his stuff recently but years ago I did.  Very thought provoking, I consider him a pioneering figure in getting Daoist energy arts to the West.  I think in live classes he'd be a great teacher but with just books, things get lost in translation without live instruction.  I went on to classes with Michael Winn. 

Which of his practices do you like most? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I do not recommend Mantak Chia at all as he is a controversial teacher and system here who has both inspired people and caused a lot more distress. 

You may use the search function to find the various discussions and opinions on this forum about him and what he teaches along with the specific controversies about what he allegedly knows, but I will spare you the further details of my opinion out of respect for your current and unsubtle joy in your current practice. 

Thank you for the words of warning good sir, and also for linking that thread. This is the stuff I came for and I'm glad I'm getting right into it!

Just to clarify, the only teachings I've undertaken from M Chia is using the PC muscle to control ejaculation and the microcosmic orbit to recirculate sexual energy and have full body orgasms. I know this might be child's play to a lot of you but it's revolutionary to me. I've never tried his breathing exercises (iron shirt etc), I don't use the million dollar point (I contract the PC muscle to control ejaculation after recirculating sexual energy) and I don't retain semen for longer than 2-3 weeks to avoid stagnation.

In your opinion do you think my practices are generally safe?

16 hours ago, ralis said:

Did you get it from his books?

I took several teaching workshops with Mantak back in 1987. His system has complications, is potentially harmful and he promises the moon, which is a big red flag. 

Hey Ralis!

The majority of the info was from his books. I've watched a lot of his talks on youtube and so I've gathered info from there too. I've seen some of the warnings on this forum prior to signing up, and that's allowed to me avoid some of the controversial areas.

2 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Mantak Chia can be quite dicey. Welcome to the forum

Thank you RiverSnake! Haha this is the kind of stuff I'm here for, I'd like to learn if my practices are potentially harmful.

46 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Peace- Peace B.

I don't study his stuff recently but years ago I did.  Very thought provoking, I consider him a pioneering figure in getting Daoist energy arts to the West.  I think in live classes he'd be a great teacher but with just books, things get lost in translation without live instruction.  I went on to classes with Michael Winn. 

Which of his practices do you like most? 

Peace good sir :)

I agree, there's only so much that can be conveyed in a book and given that English isn't his first language it becomes quite difficult to explain complex concepts.

The microcosmic orbit is what attracted me in the first place. I discovered that semen retention wasn't healthy, it was creating a lot of heat in my body. At the same time I didn't want to ejaculate frequently and lose jing, which is when I discovered Mantak's work. I solely practice the microcosmic orbit, the cool draw and love making without ejaculation (using the PC muscle to control it).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this