Sign in to follow this  
Spotless

Will there be a big crash / how deep / recovery time?

What are your thoughts on the peak / bottom of the economics we are facing in the coming weeks and months and possibly years from the corona virus pandemic?  USA 

I have observed a very wide spectrum of opinions regarding this - in my life of 65 years I have never seen the segment of those believing things that are the stuff of mental wards to any noticeable degree until the past few years. I even found out a workman I know actually and truly is a flat earther and believes the entire corona virus thing is a hoax by the Democrats.

The fundamentalists have always been fundamentally whacked - but that has been a given and only since the world was ending starting in the years 100, 1000, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2012 and now simply any day, have we seen a real upturn in their whereabouts. But it is no longer just that group, it includes Catholic priests teaching that Democrats are the devil as well (certainly not a surprise - the pope back in hitlers time was friendly to him so nothing is off the table for them - and another inquisition might be just what they need to recover from all the child molestation and murder in their past and current image.

But - with that said it is surprising the number of people that seep into a conversation or blurt into one with stupefying idiocy - it is amazing how prevalent it has been here in this blog sphere.

So - I am genuinely interested in hearing your take on what’s up and where you think it will bottom out / peak and why.

Will it be worse than the Reagan Crash of 1987 ?

Worse than the Bush Jr. crash of 2008 ?

Will you jump on a packed plane in a couple of months?

Sit in a stadium with 80,000 fans?

Go to a packed dance hall and busy bar?

Those in the most populous and prosperous cities tend to think on either side of the issues, some thinking it will blow over soon and others certain it will be very possibly worse than the Bush jr crash of 2008.

Those in the most populous poor cities are pretty much certain they are fucked and in many cases have the adjunct beliefs that this is the apocalypse they have been praying for.

Most, but not all, of the rural areas are mesmerized by Fox, flat earthers, prepper’s and as always drugs and alcohol - and right wing corporate interests.

The poorer midsection is shutting down factories and laying off huge numbers.

The affluent are enjoying the holiday as it is to many and expect their portfolio to blossom again soon enough - though some are concerned that their tenants are not paying and are not sure when their government bailout will arrive - but they are certain it will - when have they ever been forgotten?

Meanwhile Biden continues to be wallpaper - I hope he takes on a progressive female VP - something that will get us off our pillows.

Trump continues to inspire many of us to carry airbags for the constant vomit we feel coming up when his mask appears - for others he is unlike anything their faith would ever dream of but they are utterly lost in his cocoon of babble.

Unlike 2008 - most other countries in the world are in bad shape and will not swoop in to buy up some things and keep us going - they will not be buying up our yachts and going on real estate hunting trips. Many big companies are grinding to a halt world wide not simply nation wide.

And the US has not paid a nickel down on its wars and spending - we are already at zero percent - what do the feds have left by comparison?

Huge numbers of workers have left or are leaving the big cities and prosperous states - where rents and real estate will plummet - they are going back to huddle with families in areas where houses rent for $600 a month rather than studios for 4500 a month.

Students all over the place picked up and left their rooms and apts and went home or hiking and to the beach - those places are empty for April, May and June at least.

Interest rates were 4.75 three weeks ago, 3.75 two weeks ago and 2.75 this week - this is NOT NORMAL.

The more affluent Maga hat areas seem to be in denial and home prices are staying solid for now and the inventory has not spiked up through the roof at all - while in the more affluent mostly non-Maga hat densely populated areas home sales are flattening or plummeting and inventories are increasing. ( most of the Maga hat areas are not particularly affluent and in general here in the USA almost all of the poorest areas are red areas often full of Maga hats - do you think this will change?).

Your thoughts?

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Spotless said:

What are your thoughts on the peak / bottom of the economics we are facing in the coming weeks and months and possibly years from the corona virus pandemic?  USA 

All is pointing to a crash much harder than 2008.

By now markets are down what 23%? They will probably go down 50-60%, and it could take years to recover.

The world is in a huge debt, the economy is on halt, businesses go bankrupt all around the world, the global trade has degraded, the economy was slowing down even before the virus came. There has never been as many people as now losing jobs in the whole history of economy observation, it is even worse that World War 2.

Their current solution is to print money endlessly is just increasing already huge debt.

Its gonna be a hard / turbulent times and the lockdowns will probably last till the summer by the most optimistic predictions.

As for opening borders / going to various countries, not before next year, 2021.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spotless said:

I have observed a very wide spectrum of opinions regarding this - in my life of 65 years I have never seen the segment of those believing things that are the stuff of mental wards to any noticeable degree until the past few years. I even found out a workman I know actually and truly is a flat earther and believes the entire corona virus thing is a hoax by the Democrats.

The fundamentalists have always been fundamentally whacked - but that has been a given and only since the world was ending starting in the years 100, 1000, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2012 and now simply any day, have we seen a real upturn in their whereabouts. But it is no longer just that group, it includes Catholic priests teaching that Democrats are the devil as well (certainly not a surprise - the pope back in hitlers time was friendly to him so nothing is off the table for them - and another inquisition might be just what they need to recover from all the child molestation and murder in their past and current image.

But - with that said it is surprising the number of people that seep into a conversation or blurt into one with stupefying idiocy - it is amazing how prevalent it has been here in this blog sphere.

So - I am genuinely interested in hearing your take on what’s up and where you think it will bottom out / peak and why.

Will it be worse than the Reagan Crash of 1987 ?

Worse than the Bush Jr. crash of 2008 ?

Will you jump on a packed plane in a couple of months?

Sit in a stadium with 80,000 fans?

Go to a packed dance hall and busy bar?

Those in the most populous and prosperous cities tend to think on either side of the issues, some thinking it will blow over soon and others certain it will be very possibly worse than the Bush jr crash of 2008.

Those in the most populous poor cities are pretty much certain they are fucked and in many cases have the adjunct beliefs that this is the apocalypse they have been praying for.

Most, but not all, of the rural areas are mesmerized by Fox, flat earthers, prepper’s and as always drugs and alcohol - and right wing corporate interests.

The poorer midsection is shutting down factories and laying off huge numbers.

The affluent are enjoying the holiday as it is to many and expect their portfolio to blossom again soon enough - though some are concerned that their tenants are not paying and are not sure when their government bailout will arrive - but they are certain it will - when have they ever been forgotten?

Meanwhile Biden continues to be wallpaper - I hope he takes on a progressive female VP - something that will get us off our pillows.

Trump continues to inspire many of us to carry airbags for the constant vomit we feel coming up when his mask appears - for others he is unlike anything their faith would ever dream of but they are utterly lost in his cocoon of babble.

Unlike 2008 - most other countries in the world are in bad shape and will not swoop in to buy up some things and keep us going - they will not be buying up our yachts and going on real estate hunting trips. Many big companies are grinding to a halt world wide not simply nation wide.

And the US has not paid a nickel down on its wars and spending - we are already at zero percent - what do the feds have left by comparison?

Huge numbers of workers have left or are leaving the big cities and prosperous states - where rents and real estate will plummet - they are going back to huddle with families in areas where houses rent for $600 a month rather than studios for 4500 a month.

Students all over the place picked up and left their rooms and apts and went home or hiking and to the beach - those places are empty for April, May and June at least.

Interest rates were 4.75 three weeks ago, 3.75 two weeks ago and 2.75 this week - this is NOT NORMAL.

The more affluent Maga hat areas seem to be in denial and home prices are staying solid for now and the inventory has not spiked up through the roof at all - while in the more affluent mostly non-Maga hat densely populated areas home sales are flattening or plummeting and inventories are increasing. ( most of the Maga hat areas are not particularly affluent and in general here in the USA almost all of the poorest areas are red areas often full of Maga hats - do you think this will change?).

Your thoughts?

Santa Fe has been crippled due to galleries and restaurants being closed. Although, restaurants are offering take out and delivery it will be a shortfall for the 629 million yearly revenue. Art galleries pay very high rent per foot and most will go under which will be devastating for one of the largest art markets in the world. And with the announcement today that Indian Market will not happen in August is really devastating to American Indian artists that rely on this annual market for their yearly income. As well as the community that takes in around 25 million for one weekend.

All this destruction in this country and by extension the world, one evil orange virus is responsible!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Santa Fe has been crippled due to galleries and restaurants being closed. Although, restaurants are offering take out and delivery it will be a shortfall for the 629 million yearly revenue. Art galleries pay very high rent per foot and most will go under which will be devastating for one of the largest art markets in the world. And with the announcement today that Indian Market will not happen in August is really devastating to American Indian artists that rely on this annual market for their yearly income. As well as the community that takes in around 25 million for one weekend.

All this destruction in this country and by extension the world, one evil orange virus is responsible!

This is devastating and happening all over the place. Artist particularly are stopped in their tracks. Movie and theater companies, dance and music. Seasonal industries that are difficult in good times.

• Like 1

I remember doing, "duck and cover" in the 3rd grade...after that something else has been looming or horribly taking place every year or less, although many battles for goodness have also been won.  The laws of karma can not be broken but we can get right with Spirit, what else is there to do really?

Not all that long ago in history Germans burned paper money to keep warm, how far are we from doing the same probably not that far.

It is very confusing for now as all economies are under lockdown, and stocks are just rallying on "hopes" of improvement

• Like 1

The Pandemic isn’t going away, it will likely be 1-3 years until it passes based on research from reputable scientists.

Vaccine is going to take a bit to ramp up.

When the US opens back up, look for another big surge.

Don’t believe any news.

I think I may need to buy a Corona Fu from Jee Sifu, bahahaha, love that mad goat. 

https://www.tinyatdragon.com/blogs/spiritual/coronavirus-covid-10-remedy-with-taoist-magic

Sign in to follow this