manitou

Putting it out into the Universe

At this strange place in time, it might be nice to release some high vibrational thoughts into the universe.

Please, with intent, emit something good feelings and love out to all of the sentient beings on this planet.  The vibrational collective of The Bums would be a great laser to focus onto the healing of mankind.  Here's my contribution.  I quote John Lennon:

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one

And the world will live as one

• Like 9

Here’s the mantra Gandhi used, which transforms anger and fear into something greater and takes you beyond the ocean of rebirth. Highly recommended for individual peace and eventually bliss.

Om Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, manitou said:

At this strange place in time, it might be nice to release some high vibrational thoughts into the universe.

Please, with intent, emit something good feelings and love out to all of the sentient beings on this planet.  The vibrational collective of The Bums would be a great laser to focus onto the healing of mankind.  Here's my contribution.  I quote John Lennon:

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace

But I'm not the only one

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one

And the world will live as one

This has come into my mind at two critical points in the last four months. Firstly when we were having our elections here in the UK, second as Covid-19 hit the west and I watched nations of frightened people fending for themselves, taking from others instead of sharing and thinking of the vulnerable, not realising how rich and fulfilled they already are.

Pointing fingers at politicians, criticising how things have been handled (I am guilty of this one) and criticisms of other countries.

"Imagine there's no countries", is a very enlightened line. Not to throw away our identity, but our political stubbornness and separation.

So I put my blessings out to the world, for forgiveness and understanding. The world has panicked, and now let's be humbled and love our brothers and sisters.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 4

As taught to me by a nurse friend (now passed) who spent years in the East, in a monestary.

He asked me to burn the piece of paper he wrote it down on, once I'd memorized it.

In keeping with that tradition, I'll delete this in a few hours.

<snip>

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I made it to 999.  I just couldn't do it for another second.

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

the music! ugh.

why always with the music?

Here's one with no music, I like this one more.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 6

I've got this one running in the background on loop most days.

Often use it concurrently with several others, tibetan bowls, waterfall/rain in the forest, etc.

it's currently running with this...

shout out to the Northern Clans of my Ancestral Homeland.

Skol!

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I've got this one running in the background on loop most days.

I downloaded it to my computer.

I often hum along with this one

• Like 1

I love 432 tuning.

My guitar is usually tuned to 432Hz... sometimes 417.

Been strumming and picking leisurely quite a bit during this 'health retreat'.

18 hours ago, manitou said:

Good morning Barbara,

Thank you very much for this thread.

I saw on TV a school of thought that COVIG - 19 is grounded in/with Nature.

Interesting and I started a little search.  I found this... 

COVID-19 and the nature trade-off paradigm.

Use the exact words to access the article on the Web. It begins thus... 

Regardless of its cause or origin, the emergence of COVID-19 has underscored the mutually-affective relationship between people and nature.  Now, we must try to understand and appreciate the limits to which humans can push nature before the impact is negative.  Those limits must be embraced by our consumption and production aspirations.

Are we all not an integral/integrated part of Nature...?

Nothing in nature lives for itself. Rivers don't drink their own ...

Yes ~ Be kind to everything that lives. We all show our souls in ...

Keep very safe.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Regardless of its cause or origin, the emergence of COVID-19 has underscored the mutually-affective relationship between people and nature.  Now, we must try to understand and appreciate the limits to which humans can push nature before the impact is negative.  Those limits must be embraced by our consumption and production aspirations.

Nature strikes back!

Spoiler

May the world always  wake up to a Golden sunrise, no matter how dark the night might be.

sarve bhavantu sukhinaha

sarve santu niramaya 

sarve bhadrani pashyantu 

ma kaschit dukkha bhag bhavet

Om shanti shanti shantihi 

May all be at peace

may all be free from disease 

may all enjoy good health 

and may all be free from suffering. 
Om peace peace peace 🙏🏾

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Starjumper said:

So wonderful.  Thank you!

Some years back my Apache husband (now deceased) and I did a ceremony at the top of the Tuzigoot ruins in Arizona, flute and drums.  We had an audience of a group of school children who were visiting the ruins.  This reminds me of it, and of him.

That red earth is so incredibly beautiful.  I have, deep in the recesses of my memory, a snippet of a memory where I was apparently a young brown-skinned child, barefoot, standing in the red earth.  I can only see from my knees to my feet -  This little image has been with me forever.  I must have lived in a red-earthed area in a prior existence.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, manitou said:

That red earth is so incredibly beautiful.

And ingrained in it are...

th?id=OIP.tyTq81wAEbenbidQjH8QugAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=182&h=162thesurprisin.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, manitou said:

That red earth is so incredibly beautiful.  I have, deep in the recesses of my memory, a snippet of a memory where I was apparently a young brown-skinned child, barefoot, standing in the red earth.  I can only see from my knees to my feet -  This little image has been with me forever.  I must have lived in a red-earthed area in a prior existence.

I've done some solo camping and hiking in Southeast Utah, right next to the Arizona border, with similar scenery but a little more vertical.  For some reason that red rock and desert landscape had a strange and powerful attraction to me too.  It also had quite a strong and awe inspiring 'spiritual' feeling to it, I don't know why that is.  It would be nice if I could go back to some of those places some day.  My best buddy in Seattle was an Indian who at times lived like a hermit in some of the remote Redland caves around there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

For some reason that red rock and desert landscape had a strange and powerful attraction to me too.

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I've done some solo camping and hiking in Southeast Utah, right next to the Arizona border, with similar scenery but a little more vertical.  For some reason that red rock and desert landscape had a strange and powerful attraction to me too.  It also had quite a strong and awe inspiring 'spiritual' feeling to it, I don't know why that is.  It would be nice if I could go back to some of those places some day.  My best buddy in Seattle was an Indian who at times lived like a hermit in some of the remote Redland caves around there.

For some reason I sense that it's not in the Americas, but more like India.

Edited by manitou

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I seem to have an elemental attachment to dirt, or earth (I guess us Taurus's do).  Red earth immediately makes me think of clay pottery, and I have a body memory of molding and stretching clay in my hands that can get a little tingly.  This could be interpreted as a spiritual event as well.  Think of who we really are.   We are the creator.  Feel the squishy clay now?

Edited by manitou
Elimination of the extraneous
  • Like 3

In normal times, train diligently and with intent.....in chaotic times.....train diligently with intent. Train to surf....on the waves of the Dao. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:22 PM, manitou said:

For some reason I sense that it's not in the Americas, but more like India.

Interesting, my buddy was 100% all American.  His last name is Fire, and he has a daughter named Emerald Fire, what an exotic name, yes?  Maybe you thought of India because I used the word Indian.  I hung out with quite a few Indians for a while there, and they always used the word Indian rather than Native American.  I think they wouldn't associate with the  'political correctness' of the term Native American because it was too sissy like for them  What is your experience with that?

Possibly my buddy lived in India in a past life, he was one of those crazy/joyous shaman types.

I got along with the Indians a lot better than white people, they just seemed to be so much more natural and down to Earth, with a bit of a Hell's Angel flavor, while in comparison so many white men seem kind of sissy like.  What is your experience with that :D

One guy lived with us for awhile, he was a bodyguard of the Lacota Chief and the Indian 'pope', Arvol Lookinghorse.  His name was Xatud Firestarter, because he was in charge of lighting all the ceremonial fires.  He also acted as an unofficial policeman, caring for the woes of the natives, and there were a lot of woes.  He was also in charge of enforcing proper ceremonial procedures among the aforementioned sissy like imitators of their traditions.  Here is his ceremonial mask.5e87ea293a7cb_XatudsMaskcopy.jpg.23951ddc19ffba70030aaa9f6b350609.jpg

I got to meet and talk with the Lacota Chief, Arvol Looking Horse, since he was buddies with Xatud.  Here's a picture of Arvol surveying some of the results of interaction with the 'authorities' during one of the pipeline protests.

Arvol.thumb.jpg.285836b88a2b9c6649061de5066a8bd5.jpg

• Like 1

OMG.  Mr. Looking Horse looks almost exactly like my recently deceased husband.  He was an Apache man from New Mexico.

I've always had the impression of 'India' when I get that snippet.  It's just there.  India.  And strangely enough, the vision is from the knees down;  above the knees, I only see a cloud or mist that they come out of.

Edited by manitou
Removal of the stupid
  • Like 1

Rumi 

The guest house

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,