having fun?

unkown sean

having away run

or just in fun

yet all remains one

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think Sean visited his own site for a short time to stop the Trump political threads. Being a supporter of trump must be embarrassing at best and he did not want anyone on TDB to look like an idiot. IMO

Did I just break all the rules?  What rules? A least 2 people will be offended on this site who are dumber then Trump, my apologize in advance for your limited mental ability.

• Like 2

He came in like a wrecking ball.  Knocked out the admin and moderators.  Swept away the Trump dump and is now MIA.  Which would be fine, if it wasn't for the lack of someone to welcome new members and some slight modicum of moderation. 

Its easy to take the boards longevity for granted, but forums come and go.  Survival requires the right Zen-ish touch.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

A least 2 people will be offended on this site who are dumber then Trump

2 or 200 not a big difference 

13 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I think Sean visited his own site for a short time to stop the Trump political threads. Being a supporter of trump must be embarrassing at best and he did not want anyone on TDB to look like an idiot. IMO

Did I just break all the rules?  What rules? A least 2 people will be offended on this site who are dumber then than Trump, my apologize  apologies in advance for your limited mental ability.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Come back Sean

While you are gone

Our things break down

With no one to repair around

projects undone our lair abounds

While you are gone

The simple freaks

with sudden shrieks and eerie creaks

attack our house causing large leaks

come back Sean

:lol::P:blush:

I may be a lousy poet but, I sure have fun with it;)

Edited by moment
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Apech said:

Did I just break all the rules?  What rules? A least 2 people will be offended on this site who are dumber then than Trump, my apologize  apologies in advance for your limited mental ability.

Love! ( over and over again) How great can a comic like Apech  be to break the code!  A deep bow to you sir! I am still laughing.

At will please correct my grammar, is that a french word grammar? Do you know how a  French Girl holds her liqueur....Buy the ears.

• Haha 3

Oh Yeah>> We were talking about Sean. I have have never met Sean before> Is Sean a member of TBA?  Sean kind of gave off that he was like the owner of this site and then just varnished.

Maybe the Pandemic has sent him underground for fear of dying. We all need to face  death and we all need to get over that.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen

dear sean,

today's turds

tomorrow's tulips?

(please sean, continue to post any replies only telepathically)

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sean oh Sean - Trump made you pissed,

Cos you are an anarchist,

Now Bernie's screwed,

By Biden's plots,

We all will end up Trots,

Or dead in jails,

Like Jeffrey Epstein,

Cos being left

Will be a crime.

Come back, come back.

And and change our fate,

or leave us all to the white male patriarchic corporate capitalist state.

• Haha 4

For sean, wishing him good health and gratitude for our little playground 

• Like 1

Our lives are fucked,

The Board is cucked,

Now Sean has gone away.

Don't save your Jing,

Just have a fling,

And masturbate all day.

Or light a joint,

'Cos what's the point,

In following the Way?

It's all gone wrong,

Forget qi gong,

Stay up late,

Don't meditate,

Lie,

Steal,

Kill,

Drink,

Shag your neighbour at her sink,

Let's face facts,

No going back,

It's all gone wrong,

Now Sean has gone ...

And

That

Is 

It.

• Haha 4

Poor Sean.  After a lifetime of community activism, the capitalist machine rages on, seemingly more powerful and evil than ever.  Discouraged and despairing, he finally succumbs to a complete mental breakdown.  The diagnosis is in: dissociative identity disorder. Yes, that`s right, his personality split into a bunch of tiny pieces.  All that`s left of our beloved founder on the board today is a subpersonality that calls himself GSMaster.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, in 16 years, sean has posted ~3200 times... (unless he's playing @ puppets with us :ph34r:) :D

In the seven years I've been a member, the only activity by him I've ever witnessed was the recent sweep.  Though I do take long breaks, so perhaps I've missed some of his former visits in that time.

Either way, I get the sense this place, though owned and started by him... is not much on his radar, nor a priority.

Absolutely Nothing wrong with that.  He shagged out the old admin crew when he returned and found the tone untenable... and has since allowed to ground to go fallow now.  Chaff and weeds will grow, but equilibrium will find a balance between mud/bog and good mountain valley soil.

It's up to each of us, what we'll plant in our responses... only now, the only repercussions come in the form of... more responses... or not.  No mommy daddy figures to play authority.  I prefer this over the unavoidable biases of any admin.  It's a nigh on impossible task to be neutral and fair across the board.

So we share what we share and folks respond... the shit responses are shit.

Unqualified observer's responses are akin to traffic noise.  Devoid of inherent applicable value and meaning.

No biggie here.  Words... ideas... concepts.

True, no new members can join, but perhaps that's part of going fallow and allowing things to settle.

All sharing here is thoughts, mind stuff... and nothing about thoughts are inherently real, true, or even important, no matter how pithy or insightful.

It's playful coming here, some times the conversations are deep, revealing and insightful.

Much is social in nature.  Some is trite and assinine... so what?

Nothing wrong with any of it, to me. 

Still plenty of pearls shining in the mud... in fact, the mud helps bring focus to that which shines in contrast...

and without mud, where would the lotus anchor?

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Will the God of the Tao Bums ever return? 

Sean, a mind away 

Will the Lotus collapse in the mud?  

Another site form? 

-Anybody want to found another site if this one collapses? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

Anybody want to found another site if this one collapses? 

One already was formed when the more mature crowd got kicked out or left in disgust.  The crybabies, which this place caters to, could try it out.     Original Dao Forum

They know a lot more about politics and government goings on than the superficial tripe that gets slung around in this place.

Edited by Starjumper

6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Still plenty of pearls shining in the mud... in fact, the mud helps bring focus to that which shines in contrast...

and without mud, where would the lotus anchor?

True.

Personally, I´m finding it difficult not to engage with threads and people who aren´t good for me here.  Part of me is attracted to the drama of it all but then I find that my time here has dragged me down rather than lifted me up.  It´s perhaps not so different from reading Coronavirus news.  As important as it is to stay informed, it´s easy to overdose on scary stories.  I miss the mods.  The forum with mods is like a healthy buffet with grassfed buffalo burgers, organic powergreens, and no distracting icecream sundaes to tempt me.  Without mods, it´s like you have to pass through a Snicker Bar factory just to get to a carrot.  Yes, it´s possible to do.  Yes, it´s my responsibility to say no to that Snickers and fill up on the roasted carrots hidden in the corner PPF.  But hey, I´m human.  This stuff is hard.

• Like 4

On 02/04/2020 at 10:59 AM, liminal_luke said:

Poor Sean.  After a lifetime of community activism, the capitalist machine rages on, seemingly more powerful and evil than ever.  Discouraged and despairing, he finally succumbs to a complete mental breakdown.  The diagnosis is in: dissociative identity disorder. Yes, that`s right, his personality split into a bunch of tiny pieces.  All that`s left of our beloved founder on the board today is a subpersonality that calls himself GSMaster.  

Well,  the capitalist machine here is now broken ;  extra welfare payments , immediate free health care ,  unions and government working side by side , government  is paying wages , frivolous activities are banned and armed forces are roaming the streets , pollution is down, peasants are growing their own  food again , people are  learning to co-operate and help each other  ....  all thanks to that   right wing destroying ' Chinese Virus  ' .

;)

;) 

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

One already was formed when the more mature crowd got kicked out or left in disgust.  The crybabies, which this place caters to, could try it out.     Original Dao Forum

They know a lot more about politics and government goings on than the superficial tripe that gets slung around in this place.

off you go then ... to  'Original' Dao Forum .   Bye bye .

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this