Goku76

Falun Dafa/Gong anyone practice?

Does anybody practice Falun Dafa, and if so I would like to hear your experiences on it, opinions, and if some other form you practice is comparable or better. :) 

It appears you are still experimenting and exploring other systems. Since your initial post about instructions on the Mo Pai, it is highly recommended you stop that practice before mixing it with anything else for your safety, and to stick with a system long enough to develop a foundation. Exploration is fine, but you're jumping around what seems like every other month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can do searches about Falun Gong on the forum, there have been a few threads about the practice and the organization. It seems to me that there are other qigong practices that are equally accessible without all the baggage.

• Like 5

Here is a collection of good beginner arts. Please pay attention that there is a good alternative to Falun Dafa mentioned there: it has same principles but without the burdens.

• Like 2

I think this is a solid thread where Wu Ming Jen gives a pretty good opinion on Falun Gong. 

Edited by Miroku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It appears you are still experimenting and exploring other systems. Since your initial post about instructions on the Mo Pai, it is highly recommended you stop that practice before mixing it with anything else for your safety, and to stick with a system long enough to develop a foundation. Exploration is fine, but you're jumping around what seems like every other month.

Oh yeah i had stopped doing mo pai after the forum arguments couple months back, I am on a new path now :) 

• Like 1

As the others were saying-  Falun Dafa has more baggage/controversy then most. 

• Like 2

Stay away! very, very far away from Failing Gong .

There are sooo many authentic and time tested schools of chi gung in countless formats. Chi gung is  just one part of the equation for a perfected warrior. 

Fulan gong was huge in the 90s, the Chinese government after chairman Mao's death in the 70s supports all traditional Kung Fu schools. The foundation of Chinese civilization is again  not to  be put down.

Shaolin  is vacant during the Chinese revolution and is restored. Wudang wrote on all the temples walls long live chairmen Mao so the red guards could not destroy the temples. My teaches teacher refuses to leave Wudang .Masters are sent across the globe and reunited in the  80s. After Mao's death the nationalist government embraces their long traditions of civilization.

So why is falun gong put down and stopped by the government when they were funded by the government at first.  

Li has asserted his absolute authority over the transmission of the teachings and the use of healing powers of Falun Gong: he said in Changchun that only he is possessed of these right, and any who violate are to be expelled. Do we see a problem here?

Fulan gong attracts controversy, hello the law of attraction. Li Hongzhi said that things such as organized crime, homosexuality, and promiscuous sex, and so on are not standards of being human . Li had many outlandish ideas and the position  he assumed would have to make him a god or enlightened light giver or something. Just doesn't sound like the immortals I have met,

The blend of Buddhism that is not Buddhism is weird to me  it is like using buzz words to promote your brand, seriously its is awful.

The founder fucked up the people that practiced became fucked up. When you harm your own citizens and the social fabric of the longest civilization on earth that raises some serious questions and good for you China that shit is  not tolerated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Fulan gong attracts controversy, hello the law of attraction. Li Hongzhi said that things such as organized crime, homosexuality, and promiscuous sex, and so on are not standards of being human . Li had many outlandish ideas and the position  he assumed would have to make him a god or enlightened light giver or something. Just doesn't sound like the immortals I have met

It was probably an authoritarian cult.

And the government of china is a cult in itself, and so there was a conflict of power and interests between them.

So they disposed of Falun Gong in a most brutal and merciless way.

Thing is they would not have a reason to do this if it was just some set of exercises or a kungfu school. But when there is a hardwired ideology involved and it goes against the communist party...

Some people believe that if FG was banned in china it is some secret special internal art (which seems to be an idea behind Gokus mind), it is not.

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

As the others were saying-  Falun Dafa has more baggage/controversy then most. 

The basic framework is like most Chinese neigong...best to meditate quietly in full lotus.  And then Li Hongzhi added a bunch of his own personal mishmash of ideology on top of it.

Problem is, like most such systems, they skip all the details on how to actually achieve the optimal configuration.

It's like saying, it's best to be able to jump high in basketball.  But, they give you zero technical training tips on how to actually jump higher...other than just jump a lot (which doesn't really work).

I guess these systems still offer good confirmation of what you should be able to achieve if you do things the "right" way...but it will still be up to you to fill in the gaps and figure out how the fvck to actually do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GSmaster said:

It was probably an authoritarian cult.

And the government of china is a cult in itself, and so there was a conflict of power and interests between them.

So they disposed of Falun Gong in a most brutal and merciless way.

Thing is they would not have a reason to do this if it was just some set of exercises or a kungfu school. But when there is a hardwired ideology involved and it goes against the communist party...

Some people believe that if FG was banned in china it is some secret special internal art (which seems to be an idea behind Gokus mind), it is not.

Do the research on the founder it is far from secret or special. It is mostly made up from parts of different stuff.

Anyone with experience in the internal martial arts will quickly point out multiple errors. If you do not have kung fu what is that called again ... flower fist and brocade leg meaning someone with no skill doing some set of exercises.

My favorites are the mind junkies that have zero skill and can not apply the knowledge Mind clutter with no real life application what a waste of time

Have you ever been to a FG class?  I have in person

2 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Do the research on the founder it is far from secret or special. It is mostly made up from parts of different stuff.

Anyone with experience in the internal martial arts will quickly point out multiple errors. If you do not have kung fu what is that called again ... flower fist and brocade leg meaning someone with no skill doing some set of exercises.

My favorites are the mind junkies that have zero skill and can not apply the knowledge Mind clutter with no real life application what a waste of time

Interestingly enough, I heard there were connections between Falun Dafa and Shen Yun, the performing arts troupe that mails brochures to everyone and their mom...

2 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I did not even read the exercises. How did you like it?

13 hours ago, Goku76 said:

Oh yeah i had stopped doing mo pai after the forum arguments couple months back, I am on a new path now :) 

Falun Gong is a failure too.

Take a look at Damo / Longmen pai

• Like 3

On 4/1/2020 at 2:38 AM, Earl Grey said:

Interestingly enough, I heard there were connections between Falun Dafa and Shen Yun, the performing arts troupe that mails brochures to everyone and their mom...

Oh that’s no secret, Shen Yun is a Falun Gong propaganda outfit. This article from the New Yorker is a good read: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/stepping-into-the-uncanny-unsettling-world-of-shen-yun

Last year NBC published this expose of Falun Gong’s media arm which is pretty extensive: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121

• Thanks 1

I had been to the class of Falun Gong once. Nothing special. But their thinking is very strange. The teacher of Falun Gong, 李洪志, treat himself as a god. I think he is a liar. He is just a normal person, but have a big ambition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2020 at 11:28 AM, awaken said:

I had been to the class of Falun Gong once. Nothing special. But their thinking is very strange. The teacher of Falun Gong, 李洪志, treat himself as a god. I think he is a liar. He is just a normal person, but have a big ambition. 

Couldn't agree more I just like the practice though gets the chi moving  :)   

Oh I hadn't thought about Falun Gong in  long time. By coincidence a female friend of mine who I had taught some qigong to back in the winter made contact with me recently and mentioned she had recently learned some Falun Gong. She seems to try a bit of everything, she doesnt know what's good and what isn't haha. She did Taoist tai chi society for a while which is not good, Hunyuan tai chi which is good, I taught her some Wudang and Chen style which is very good, another one of our mutual female friends taught her some twin hearts and pranic healing which is interesting but not my thing, lol I think I broke up their friendship cuz they both got jealous over me. I was trying to go for the threesome or date them both lol! Now she just started Falun gong.

Falun gong itself if you read the main text, is actually really cool. It's very systematic, and transforms the whole body in a complete system , into every cell of the body. It also explains very clearly how it relates to, and fits in with every other style or practice, including Taoist qigong, Tantrism, Buddhism, Qimen, etc. Apparently if you practice it you can't practice other systems since it is still affecting you 24 hours a day even when not practicing and you don't want to interfere with the process.

Really it's a more complete system than you're gonna find usually taught publically. Most popular systems out there and talked about in these forums are not good. I mean I'm pretty open  minded but I dunno man, I hear about all these like kunlun kundalini qigong, or supposed Indonesian qigong teachers who do fake magic tricks, overly simple fragrant methods, or sexual practice qigongs claiming to be Taoist, and I dont think they are that good. Its absolutely not true that there are lots of good practices out there, there aren't. 

Some systems I do think are good are Wild goose qigong, Shing Ling Mei qigong, Intenal martial arts Taiji, Xinyi, Bagua( 99% of teachers are low level of skills and also arent lineage holders in lineage systems, a lot of teachers claim to be lineage holders in non lineage systems lol, even amongst the few good ones many are not all that good, so difficult to find a teacher, 99% of people who practice will never get to master level)  Science of Being, Lya Yoga, Kundalini Yoga( although the kundalini yoga organizations are even more kooky than Falun gong).

I'm interested in western magick practices, Tarot study by C.C. Zain, Huna practices, Kriya Yoga, Yantra Yoga, Tibetan Tantra practices, things like Tummo and Truhl Khor(but these are very difficult to find anyone capable of teaching you)

Falun gong is highly unique, and yeah pretty cool, but I dunno. It's also a little weird. Like extreme or something, super strict. The Master does seem to elevate himself beyond all other teachers, and I've heard the practitioners can be overly strict like if you get hot and take your shirt off to practice that's "immodest". Lol come on. Take your shirt of if you want, if people dont like it that's their issue not yours. 

This is probably the most unique part of Falun Gong that differentiates it  most from other practices. It's not just energy circulation through the meridians, but transforms the whole being of the person

https://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lecture1.html#7

Ours is a genuine cultivation practice of both mind and body. The gong that we cultivate is stored in every cell of the body, and the gong of high-energy matter is even stored in the original minuscule particles of matter at an extremely microscopic level. As your gong potency becomes greater, the density and power of gong will also increase. Such high-energy matter has intelligence. Because it is stored in each cell of the human body all the way to the origin of life, it will gradually become the same form as the cells in your body, assuming the same molecular combinations and form of nuclei. Its essence has changed, however, for this body is no longer composed of original physical cells. Won’t you be beyond the Five Elements? Of course, your cultivation practice is not over yet, and you still need to practice cultivation among everyday people. Therefore, on the surface you still appear to be an ordinary person. The only difference is that you look younger than those of your age. Certainly, the bad things in your body, including illnesses, must be removed first, but we do not treat illness here. We are purifying your body, and the term is not "healing illness," either. We just call it "purifying the body," and we clean out the bodies of true practitioners.[\quote]

Here's what I found when I looked onto it it. We can just on this thread most people are confused about the difference. I dont really know buddhism, so I was confused at first too.

It seems that what Falun Gong teaches is the Universal Law, or Law of the Universe, Universal Laws, or Great Law, etc.

https://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/lecture1.html

The most fundamental characteristic of this universe, Zhen-Shan-Ren, is the highest manifestation of the Buddha Fa. It is the most fundamental Buddha Fa. The Buddha Fa manifests different forms at different levels and assumes different guiding roles at different levels. The lower the level, the more complex. This characteristic, Zhen-Shan-Ren, is in the microscopic particles of air, rock, wood, soil, iron and steel, the human body, as well as in all matter. In ancient times it was said that the Five Elements15  constitute all things and matter in the universe; they also carry this characteristic, Zhen-Shan-Ren. A practitioner can only understand the specific manifestation of the Buddha Fa at the level that his or her cultivation has reached, which is his or her cultivation Fruit Status16 and level. Broadly speaking, the Fa is very immense. From the perspective of the very highest level, it is very simple, for the Fa resembles a pyramid in form. At the highest point, it can be summarized in three words: Zhen, Shan, Ren. 

Full system 

https://youtu.be/utOFpj33TGQ

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

Here's Sasha from the Seduction community teaching Falun Gong, some hardcore zealous practitioners might not like it, but you know what? Too bad so sad, good for him!😂😂😂

Edited by Immortal4life

“The Chinese government was harvesting their organs because their organs were healthier” :lol:

The Falun Gong organ harvesting narrative has no solid evidence that doesn’t come from Falun Gong or Falun Gong front groups: https://thegrayzone.com/2019/09/30/reports-china-organ-harvesting-cult-falun-gong/

Edited by SirPalomides
  • Like 2

No it's true, we're talking the communist party here, that's what they do. It's not just Falun gong either, they do it to all kinds of political dissidents, enemies of the state, etc. They're the reason the world is in lockdown too. No reason  to defend communists, they are indeed illegitimate, liars, and the biggest enemy of the free world.

Actually Li Hongzhi is another highly, highly, talented speaker. A rare skill and rare level of talent too. I think Li Hongzhi, well I dunno if he could beat say somrone like the president of the US at public speaking, but he's very good. 

Edited by Immortal4life

At least too live for you apparently😋

"We're 2 live 2 black 2 strong, doing the right thing and not the wrong

So listen up y'all, to what we say, we won't be banned in the USA"

Edited by Immortal4life

35 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

No it's true, we're talking the communists here, that's what they do. It's not just Falun gong either, they do it to all kinds of political dissidents, enemies of the state, etc. They're the reason the world is in lockdown too. No reason  to defend communists, they are indeed illegitimate, liars, and the biggest enemy of the free world.

MSNBC, NBC, and CNN are all fake news. There's always some good in evrrything. Alex Jones is a good example, yeah he says some kooky things, and uses emotional provocation to sell products, but there's nothing wrong with that. In a lot of ways he's pretty enteraining, charismaric, fun, pretty awesome and interesting, and has done good things to expose the Clinton's, Bush's, the old political establishment which still hasn't been fully defeated not even with Trump's astonishing victory in 2016, and exposed the deep state to a lot of people. Alex Jones is not a bad person to watch to learn charisma and how to communicate with passion and energy. He's not aware of how to deliberately cultivate it, but he brings out and taps in to a lot Qi naturally and unconsciously when he speaks. He's kind of a natural at it.

Actually Li Hongzhi is another highly, highly, talented speaker. A rare skill and rare level of talent too. Much more reserved than Trump or Jones for example, but very powerful in his own right. I think Li Hongzhi, well I dunno if he could beat Trump at public speaking, but he'd whoop Biden or any other stunted repressed communist😂.

It's almost as of China wanted the Corinavirus to spread isn't it...

China makes a threat to US.

"If China retaliates against the United States at this time, in addition to a travel ban on the United States, it will also announce strategic control over medical products, and ban exports to the United States...If China announces that it's drugs are for domestic use and bans exports, the United States will fall into the hell of a new coronavirus epidemic."

China is ridiculous and Dangerous. It seems quite likely this virus is how they decided to retaliate against the trade sanctions Trump rightfully imposed on them. They wanna be number 1 by any means necessary, they will never defeat freedom, liberty, and the justice of the free world though

I see you are back with your right wing bullshit! Just in case you don't know the rules as set down by Sean, here they are. Take your Fox News shit as well as your love for Alex Jones and go somewhere else. Alex Jones has been sued for his Sandy Hook conspiracy bullshit.

• Like 1