silent thunder

Dao Bums Trolls are a Virus here, alike to Covid

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Sramana said:

There are 2003 members here and approximately only 10% are active more than once a month. 

 

6604 members to be exact, as for active, 90%+ don't post anything, even bigger majority don't even login. There are 70 new registrations just this month. People come and go when they see that this place resembles a mental hospital for "specially gifted".

 

18 hours ago, Sramana said:

indication of what a fraud you are. 

 

Prove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

 

6604 members to be exact, as for active, 90%+ don't post anything, even bigger majority don't even login. There are 70 new registrations just this month. People come and go when they see that this place resembles a mental hospital for "specially gifted".

 

 

Prove it.

 

Easy enough!  Go to members pages, all members are there.  Count them.  Anyone here can do it.  There are exactly 2003.  Like everything else you do you just make stuff up.  Even after telling you the exact membership, you still make up phony numbers to try and show that you know something.  Anyone here can look up what I just said.  Your fraudulence has been proven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sramana said:

Easy enough!  Go to members pages, all members are there.  Count them.  Anyone here can do it.  There are exactly 2003.  Like everything else you do you just make stuff up.  Even after telling you the exact membership, you still make up phony numbers to try and show that you know something.  Anyone here can look up what I just said.  Your fraudulence has been proven.

 

I mean the only thing you are trying to prove here, is that you are clinically stupid.

 

6604.thumb.JPG.88672c6817d2ee1e8733d31b7097b002.JPG

Edited by GSmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

My ignore list might be "huge" but its only about 30 people, and there are 10000 members on this forum.

 

6,605 (which the drop window currently shows) is still a bit less than 10,000.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

" there are 10000 members on this forum. "

 

:D

 

Looks like YOU just proved YOURSELF   clinically stupid .

 

- give 'em enough rope !   ... every time !

Edited by Nungali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... 6,000 does round up to 10,000 :)

 

There used to be 50,000 'entries' and years ago there was an action to remove those who didn't actually post in the end.  

 

Then there are those who do post but the number who post less than a few is higher than who is active.  This has been the case since the beginning.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dao Bums are Bums after all.

 

We wander but are not lost.

 

We get sick, we recover, we eat what we can, when we can, from what's available, when that's unpalatable we fast and we thrive the entire time.

 

The current spread of vitriol has its benefit.  For every person who spends their bile here, hopefully has a little less to inflict on those they are living with...  and it serves as a reminder how readily we can fall into the inertia of feeding emotions with thoughts that create further similar feelings and thus create a mood.  Moods that are sustained long enough become personality traits. 

 

(sheesh is that guy ever a grumpy sob) or (that guy is so full of love he veritably shines)

 

As to the provocational childish words... They stem from unqualified observers, are not taken personally and so carry no impact, but are more akin to traffic noise than true communion, or even communication (apart from venting emotions).  They are harmless and will soon tire themselves out and move on.  It's happened many times before here and will again. 

 

As for the hate speech and the outright attacking.  That is a reflection of the bile within and should be treated with distant compassion.  Engage as one wishes... but remember, when following someone into a bog, you're going to get stinky and soaked... engage at your own level of willfulness and at your own peril.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A yes .... but thats all finished now .  Now we have 'the old way' back of dealing with it .

 

Time for

 

 

p4pb5233845.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well it seems that just sean posting his presence once here the other day and endowing Trunk with admin powers has caused the Trolls to recede.

 

Their bluster and presence seems to have whithered almost instantly...

Edited by silent thunder
mispelled recede...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Well it seems that just sean posting his presence once here the other day and endowing Trunk with admin powers has caused the Trolls to recede.

 

Their bluster and presence seems to have whithered almost instantly...

 

Not all have. I think we should wait at least a few minutes to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

Not all have. I think we should wait at least a few minutes to see what happens.

I've noticed a marked drop off in posting frequency and habits of certain individuals, but you're right, I'm not sounding an all clear signal by any means, just noting a significant and relieved drop in some of the more vehement troll's behavior, now that folks with some actionable authority have returned.

 

Cautiously Optimistic is where my Troll Meter is reading currently.

 

In the end, it always abates.  Modding or not.  That kind of vitriol can't be maintained indefinitely. 

They always either tire themselves out, or cease getting enough attention.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such behaviour  occurs when the  'parents' are away .

 

I see 2 causes ;  

 

1.  Naughty kids mucking up becasue there is no discipline here .

 

2. Others giving it back to them x3  .... because no one else is doing anything about it , or what they are doing is ineffective .

 

I know I have annoyed some people as they saw it as 'feeding the fire' .    Sorry to those folks ,  but IME  these types cannot handle getting their own medicine back at all, it eventually gets to them so much they implode  or break down or run off .  The fire will flare up , and eventually consume them.  Yes, there was some 'collateral' damage in the process , but hey ....   the  guy was running around burning  people and the site left right and centre .    No fire brigade ,  so I set fire to him instead .

 

He was starting to falter , other one's , strangely supporting him ,  gave up and started to pull their head in.  And  then  .... on cue ;

 

stagecoach_216pyxurz.jpg?w=704&h=517

 

 

Maybe he crapped himself and ran off .... maybe he just got   the chop ? 

 

.... or maybe his parents eventually  came home and found out what he was doing ?    :) 

 

 

(I am also a bit amused that some people took some of my 'reflective ' comments  'back at him'  as serious  statements that I believe about myself    :)  ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Such behaviour  occurs when the  'parents' are away .

 

I see 2 causes ;  

 

1.  Naughty kids mucking up becasue there is no discipline here .

 

2. Others giving it back to them x3  .... because no one else is doing anything about it , or what they are doing is ineffective .

 

I know I have annoyed some people as they saw it as 'feeding the fire' .    Sorry to those folks ,  but IME  these types cannot handle getting their own medicine back at all, it eventually gets to them so much they implode  or break down or run off .  The fire will flare up , and eventually consume them.  Yes, there was some 'collateral' damage in the process , but hey ....   the  guy was running around burning  people and the site left right and centre .    No fire brigade ,  so I set fire to him instead .

 

He was starting to falter , other one's , strangely supporting him ,  gave up and started to pull their head in.  And  then  .... on cue ;

 

stagecoach_216pyxurz.jpg?w=704&h=517

 

 

Maybe he crapped himself and ran off .... maybe he just got   the chop ? 

 

.... or maybe his parents eventually  came home and found out what he was doing ?    :) 

 

 

(I am also a bit amused that some people took some of my 'reflective ' comments  'back at him'  as serious  statements that I believe about myself    :)  ) 

 

I am new here, and honestly, you look like a troll, I am reading through your posts and most of them are insults aimed at boosting self-esteem, by putting other fellow forum member down..

 

Or do you have some other explanation? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Some other explanation could be;   maybe you haven't read enough of them yet ?   For you to judge to content of MOST of my posts , you would have had to read over  8.000 of them .

 

However, if you feel that about most of my posts  that you  read ,   yes it could appear that way  and in that case  no, I have no other explanation.

.

 

.

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nungali said:

 

Some other explanation could be;   maybe you haven't read enough of them yet ?   For you to judge to content of MOST of my posts , you would have had to read over  8.000 of them .

 

However, if you feel that about most of my posts  that you  read ,   yes it could appear that way  and in that case  no, I have no other explanation.

.

 

.

 

Judging book by the cover, I read 3-4 posts and if I see arrogance, insults, ego and lack of virtue, I am not reading more of this!


Be more gentle on people, not everyone can go through hundreds of your posts consisting of endless insults, same goes for several other members here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see .  You said MOST of my posts are '''' blah  blah blah  ... "   but you only read  3 or 4 .

 

I already explained  about the nasty ones .

 

I have read some of your posts too .   Please feel free  to NOT read any more of mine . .

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, silent thunder said:

Cautiously Optimistic is where my Troll Meter is reading currently.

 

Mine just dropped into the green!

🧘🏻‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, steve said:

 

Mine just dropped into the green!

🧘🏻‍♂️

 

My ignore list has been basically rendered obsolete..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

Some other explanation could be;   maybe you haven't read enough of them yet ?   For you to judge to content of MOST of my posts , you would have had to read over  8.000 of them .

 

However, if you feel that about most of my posts  that you  read ,   yes it could appear that way  and in that case  no, I have no other explanation.

.

 

.

 

Isn't it odd that you were called out?? 

One would think, hmm... if this person is advocating kindness, patience and abstinence from wrongful words and anger etc (which is all good btw), shouldn't the first thing done be to investigate and ask questions to gather a better picture before jumping to the (wrong) conclusion? Im also wondering, how is it he noticed the needle... but not the cockwombling BSMaster haystack? Thats really baffling. 

 

For what its worth, Im delighted we have been spared his ridiculous nonsense for the last couple of days. Its apparent not only the atmosphere outdoors has improved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites