waterdrop

qi accumulation VS qi flowing ?

would like to hear opinions of people here about qi accumulation  VS qi flowing  

some question to get talk going    :

is it about gather as much qi in the body as possible ?

is it  never about qi accumulation really just about clearing the channel so we have as much qi flowing in us at all times ?   the more qi the better ?   how much qi flowing in us is too much ?

in exercises  where you push qi out of body  ...  do you lose that qi ?    if during the day i  do a number of "pushing"  qi movements  slowly with feeling qi in hand  -  do i lose that chi ?  

sex ,masturbation   effect via the flowing out look ?

eating food that is "high in chi"  brings more chi into the body ?  is that just the view of accumulation and food doesnt matter in the flowing point of view ?

does chi from my enviorment enter the body  ?  than can wind bring a lot of qi into my body  which seems like a good thing ?    can being in water be a good thing ?        maybe actually someone place with huge amounts of chi are in it  and you just go there and suck it all up into your  body -  accumulate it  

feng shui effect in this two views ?  can being in a house with a lot of qi flow be a good thing ?   can you make a house with feng shui which has extremely good feng shui  which you practice in it for a month and you reach enlightenment ? 

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:55 AM, waterdrop said:

would like to hear opinions of people here about qi accumulation  VS qi flowing  

The VS does not need to be in there.  

That post has way too many questions, and someone could write a book about some of those things, like I did  :) 

Some of the questions are very good from my point of view.

Maybe you could get some answers if you edit out most of those questions and save them for one at a time for different threads.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:55 AM, waterdrop said:

does chi from my enviorment enter the body  ?  than can wind bring a lot of qi into my body  which seems like a good thing

Chi from the environment will enter the body if you do the proper chi kung with the proper focus.

Wind doesn't do it, in fact wind is said to blow the chi away and is best to no practice in wind*, wind masks the necessary feeling of chi that you need to advance, and it is also distracting.

*  Unless someone is doing a chi kung specifically to get rid of sick energy ... which I guess a lot of chi kung is these days, everyone being so sick and all.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, rideforever said:

Another question is about qi accumulation vs being immortal.

Many athletes have high qi in their bodies and perish.

On 2020/3/30 at 1:52 AM, rideforever said:

Another question is about qi accumulation vs being immortal.

Many athletes have high qi in their bodies and perish.

There are two layers of body. One is 表 surface. Another is 裡 inside. 表 includes the skin, muscle, 三焦 the water path in our body. 裡 includes Viscera. Viscera can be divided into two part: 腑 and 臟. 臟 includes five elements: heart, liver, spleen, lung and kidney. 臟 decide our life.