thelerner

Think you caught Covid19, What to do

we are 3 weeks into this and these are the powers already put in place in the UK

From the article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52106843

What powers do police have?

Police have wide-ranging powers to help fight coronavirus, by enforcing social distancing measures designed to keep people apart.

The three key tools they have been given are:

• The power to detain someone to be tested if they are believed to be infectious
  • The power to restrict your right to move around and be part of a gathering

But there is an enormous gap between what the government would like people to do and the actual limits of the law restricting movements. The restrictions came into force as a "statutory instrument", which means it was created by ministers in each part of the UK with no debate or vote before it became law.

The rules are broadly the same across the UK, but each country has its own regulations:

Individual police officers have enormous discretion and there will be differences in what they decide. That has led to accusations that some are being overzealous.

What punishments can police enforce?

A police officer can order a non-essential business to close while coronavirus regulations are in place.

Police can also enforce the two key social distancing rules, which ban:

• Leaving the place where you live "without reasonable excuse"
  • Being in a public gathering of more than two people

If someone refuses to follow the regulations - for instance a request to go home - officers can give them an on-the-spot fine of £60, reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days. If they keep breaking the law, more fines can be given - up to a maximum of £960.

Police could ultimately charge someone with the more serious criminal offence of breaching coronavirus regulations and a direction to follow them. This could lead to a conviction in a magistrates court and an unlimited fine.

Its already creepy enough.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

Going to have to watch very closely... what they try to pass and what has recently played out.

Those sweeping powers Barr was seeking? 

Lack of provisions on the money handed to the wealthiest corporations?

They can lay off only 10% of their staff now, but after six months, that restriction lifts.

I fear the backbone of middle class' financial independence is crippled, perhaps beyond the ability to recover, on the mom and pop scale.  After the wave of failed small businesses and the sale of said resources, the resulting commodities scoop by the wealthiest will use all that government cash to 'prop up the economy' and result in a massive influx of remaining resources to the top 1%... all while we're in our homes, frightened...

Sure feels like the middle class has been irreversibly finished off...  Greatest cash grab of financial coffers across the globe just took place and no one can protest, if it's even on their radar to be upset, which it seems, it's not, as we're all under curfew and house arrest social distancing laws and restrictions of gatherings of any kind.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I may have missed it, if it was mentioned in the other threads... what's the word on Kombucha?

Any reason to avoid it, like honey due to cytokine production? 

My gut tells me it's no problem, but my gut always says that with Kombucha :P so another opinion is craved.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Sure feels like the middle class has been irreversibly finished off.

The middle class has been dwindling for like sixty years, all thanks to the bankers* and their friends. (Brainwashed slaves will think it's some kind of accident, because they think "follow the money" is a conspiracy theory).  My dad pointed this out to me around forty years ago.  Before hitting home, the bankers did an excellent job of destroying the middle class in other countries first, Like Argentina.  Argentina used to be an affluent country with a large middle class, then Bushits the Bankrupter paid them a visit and made some lawmakers a deal they couldn't resists.

I would not be a bit surprised if the bankers are behind this.  Trump was aiming to take them down, and this could be their response.  The bankers have had a lot of people assassinated, including two presidents.

*  Bankers, in this case, refers to those at the top of the money chain.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I may have missed it, if it was mentioned in the other threads... what's the word on Kombucha?

Any reason to avoid it, like honey due to cytokine production? 

My gut tells me it's no problem, but my gut always says that with Kombucha :P so another opinion is craved.

Kombucha is a purging agent, the opposite of tonifying.  It washes away your nutrients.

47 minutes ago, bax44 said:

unfortunately, this isnt what usually happens. I hope it will. But, if history has shown us anything, is once more power is ceded to the government or womever they tend to keep it and in fact push it further if allowed. In this case, the populace has almost begged for it and just using 9/11 as an example, many of the things pushed through afterward never went away.

In the UK some of the stuff they pushed through so quickly with pretty much no resistance and little awareness from the masses is pretty startling. also add in the fact that theyve crashed the economy and people will be desperate for relief. its like a perfect  storm, and It could be just the beginning.

Hope I'm personally lensing on the repercussions of this, but it appears if anything, my lense was way too optimistic...

I've been up on this stuff since the early 80's, but expected this level of actionability for my son's golden years, not mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe I'm naive but I'm more optimistic about Government restrictions.  Where I am, in the States, Illinois, its Shelter In Place.  You can go out for walks, but non-essential businesses, including restaurants and stores other then groceries and hardware types are closed.  Sadly so is the lake front, beaches and trails.  I may be testing that soon, to see what happens. 

In the face of this virus such restrictions, the shelter in place may be needed, and the wisest course.  It's in the US governments benefit, everybodies, to end this as soon as safely possible to get the economy, paychecks moving again.  The longer it goes on the more everyone  suffers.  Thus you had Trump thinking of pulling the plug in 15 days and medical experts convincing him to keep it going through April. 

We will see. 

What is the word Kombucha here?  I'm a fan,  having a few drinks of it a week.  Probably healthier then booze, at this point. ?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bax44 said:

unfortunately, this isnt what usually happens. I hope it will. But, if history has shown us anything, is once more power is ceded to the government or womever they tend to keep it and in fact push it further if allowed. In this case, the populace has almost begged for it and just using 9/11 as an example, many of the things pushed through afterward never went away.

In the UK some of the stuff they pushed through so quickly with pretty much no resistance and little awareness from the masses is pretty startling. also add in the fact that theyve crashed the economy and people will be desperate for relief. its like a perfect  storm, and It could be just the beginning.

It is a delicate balance.  All we can do is try to influence others in the sublime way that lasts.  The world will be in severe need of balancing.  Who better than Bummers.  Sure, we have all different types here but, one thing I think MOST of us (some here actually support totalitarianism) can agree on is FREEDOM!  Pass it around!

Edited by moment
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, moment said:

It is a delicate balance.  All we can do is try to influence others in the subtlne way that lasts.  The world will be in severe need of balancing.  Who better than Bummers.  Sure, we have all different types here but, one thing I think MOST of us (some here actually support totalitarianism) can agree on is FREEDOM!  Pass it around!

Yeah some pretty disturbing posts from some(actually just one) poster who has pretty gross energy, you can almost feel it coming through his posts, who seem to actually want it to happen.

i won’t tag him/it because I don’t even want it replying to my posts. It’s  parasitic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Maybe I'm naive but I'm more optimistic about Government restrictions.  Where I am, in the States, Illinois, its Shelter In Place.  You can go out for walks, but non-essential businesses, including restaurants and stores other then groceries and hardware types are closed.  Sadly so is the lake front, beaches and trails.  I may be testing that soon, to see what happens. 

In the face of this virus such restrictions, the shelter in place may be needed, and the wisest course.  It's in the US governments benefit, everybodies, to end this as soon as safely possible to get the economy, paychecks moving again.  The longer it goes on the more everyone  suffers.  Thus you had Trump thinking of pulling the plug in 15 days and medical experts convincing him to keep it going through April. 

We will see. 

What is the word Kombucha here?  I'm a fan,  having a few drinks of it a week.  Probably healthier then booze, at this point. ?

Kombucha is pretty good stuff. Although as noted above it does tend to “detox” you(if you believe in such things), but it tastes good and for some reason give me a little buzz.  Does contain high histamine, though, so if you have allergies might be not great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris Cuomo confirmed today he'd been tested positive. Some of the stern encouragements coming from Dr Gupta worth noting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bax44 said:

Yeah some pretty disturbing posts from some(actually just one) poster who has pretty gross energy, you can almost feel it coming through his posts, who seem to actually want it to happen.

i won’t tag him/it because I don’t even want it replying to my posts. It’s  parasitic.

You forget that I am omniscient, and even thoughts are being watched.  :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GSmaster said:

You forget that I am omniscient, and even thoughts are being watched.  :lol:

Aww do you not get enough attention? Following me around like a little doggy. Shouldn’t you be practicing MAgiCk off utube or something . 

Blocked.

• Thanks 1

For more information on which available cloth may block the virus best, read here: https://www.businessinsider.com/homemade-mask-using-hydro-knit-shop-towel-filters-better-2020-4

Without a profession/medical grade mask, though, we have to turn to available, make-able  and imperfect. 

<By catching our coughing, sneezing & wheezing, these are better at protecting others from us, then they may be from protecting us against airborne germs.  Still some protection is better then none.   And countries with wide spread mask use have 'flattened' the virus sooner. >

I liked this video on how to make a face mask. Fast and simple, no sewing needed. 

Masks are increasingly important.  Not perfect, but helpful. 

Here's another video.  I like the simplicity of #4 and #5. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1