Vajra Fist

It's all getting too much

Everyday there seem to be a million new threads from @Heartbreak all of which just end up with all of us kicking the shit out of each other. It's getting too much and to be honest it feels like the final death knell of TDB. Which is a damn shame.

Can I propose a consensus? @Heartbreakcan you just keep all your thoughts in one thread, rather than creating one every day? I understand you want to speak your mind, but honestly you're spamming the forum and it's killing it for the rest of us. Soon you'll end up being the only person still using this site, which isn't it your interest either. 

If Heartbreak agrees to this, can we all agree to just let him have his space without criticism or attacks? If there's just one thread it's easy for the rest of us to be able to talk about other stuff too, which gets lost in all the noise. I hope we can sort something out because I've spent six good years on this forum and I've come to appreciate all of you. It would be a shame to see so many people driven away because of this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really understanding this is a the only effective way for people like you (and many others here) to deal with people like Heatbreak on the internet:

mad-internet1.jpg?w=584&key=599bcec1bfc2

If you feed them with attention they'll usually just return more.

I only feed them myself for my own (and some others) personal entertainment (or if I decide to keep one as a pet...).

rotfl.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gatito said:

Really understanding this is a the only effective way for people like you (and many others here) to deal with people like Heatbreak on the internet:

mad-internet1.jpg?w=584&key=599bcec1bfc2

If you feed them with attention they'll usually just return more.

I only feed them myself for my own (and some others) personal entertainment (or if I decide to keep one as a pet...).

rotfl.gif

There's only so many times you can 'just walk away' before you just stop coming to this site. Which is my main concern. We have lost a lot of people with a heck of a lot of wisdom to share. Would be a shame to lose more.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:43 PM, Vajra Fist said:

There's only so many times you can 'just walk away' before you just stop coming to this site. Which is my main concern. We have lost a lot of people with a heck of a lot of wisdom to share. Would be a shame to lose more.

I've become a big fan of Media Fasting.

When things were their most 'Trump oo'ra Bigoted' around here... I took several breaks.

Every time it was a benefit.

It's been very slim pickings here for the last four years now, even moreso now that there are no mods.

In the end, even this is cultivation because where I take the universe personally is inevitably where my work lies.  So even a well placed troll is conducive to productive self reflection.

I have a certain amount of energy to use in one day. 

It can go to nurturing something i love, or despising something ugly.

chains of gold or iron...

In the end, all of this come from one source.

All i love and all i despise. one source.

The difference between them then, must stem within my awareness...?

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

In the end, even this is cultivation... for where I take the universe personally... this is inevitably where my work lies.  So even a well placed troll is conducive to productive self reflection

^ Case in point on why I love this site so much. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vajra Fist said:

^ Case in point on why I love this site so much. Thanks for the reminder!

Love and Respect Mate!

We gonna keep cultivating... stay the path and laugh when we can.

• Like 2

Even a well placed troll can get a bit boring and repetitive - I haven’t felt baited yet, but I am getting a bit tired of heartbreaks endless new topics each slightly edgier and wonkier than the last. Here’s an idea, how about everyone who feels the need to respond in any way to heartbreak collectively puts him on ignore right now. Then there will be no more need to respond to anything, and heartbreak will get bored. It’s not like anyone will ever get through to him by continuing to respond. But it’s like herd immunity, enough have to do it that no new outbreaks occur :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

In the end, even this is cultivation... for where I take the universe personally

Devil's advocate says:  I like the way it was put in the "Godfather' movie: "I take everything personally"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Everyday there seem to be a million new threads from @Heartbreak all of which just end up with all of us kicking the shit out of each other. It's getting too much and to be honest it feels like the final death knell of TDB. Which is a damn shame.

Can I propose a consensus? @Heartbreakcan you just keep all your thoughts in one thread, rather than creating one every day? I understand you want to speak your mind, but honestly you're spamming the forum and it's killing it for the rest of us. Soon you'll end up being the only person still using this site, which isn't it your interest either. 

If Heartbreak agrees to this, can we all agree to just let him have his space without criticism or attacks? If there's just one thread it's easy for the rest of us to be able to talk about other stuff too, which gets lost in all the noise. I hope we can sort something out because I've spent six good years on this forum and I've come to appreciate all of you. It would be a shame to see so many people driven away because of this. 

Some people get turned off and leave, some fight with insults, some take a break and come back. I've done all three.

There is hope that maybe Heartbreak will grow up, even if not now, and it's in his best interest to grow up because living with that kind of paradigm makes me wonder if it truly makes him happy given how miserable all of his posts are, and how dead he sounds. If it isn't making him happy, he really needs to get himself evaluated and ruminate a bit on his paradigm. The biggest loser here is him because living with that kind of outlook on life will never bring anyone happiness, so he's going to have to either continue living it or change the script in his head. 

Happiness from trying something different or misery from doing the same thing and not getting anything better? I think we have all faced that kind of situation before and ended up here on the forum as a result. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Devil's advocate says:  I like the way it was put in the "Godfather' movie: "I take everything personally"

Nice Reference! 

As for me, perhaps my most relished realization was when it finally became conscious... that I'd stopped taking the universe personally.  Life is no longer a runaway river, sweeping poor little me along.

It's more akin to dancing now when life unravels.  Or to swimming in a strong current river.  The river is still carrying me along, but i'm no longer a victim of it, i'm actively engaged while personally withdrawn.  It's a mean foundation for some serious stillness and bliss of clarity.

One of the most resonant Taoist tenets for me is this one: which just keeps getting more resonant as i age.

The Sage is in the world, but not of it.

• Like 5

In between posts here, and a dancing break with my gal... I've been having a conversation with Holly.

Holly texted me this morning to rant about the administration at her hospital and their treatment of staff during this...

I don't know Holly.  She texted me by mistake.

When she realized it was a wrong number she apologized profusely, but I said, 'aw hell no! no apology needed.  Rant to me all you need to, I can take it and I'll gladly be your pressure release.  What you folks are dealing with... etc etc, you get the drift'

So we've been conversing on and off (when she can) over the morning.

I've been listening to her experience in the wards, with patients and dealing with heartless asmins on the frontline of this... and in return, I'm sharing with her, some heartfelt love and appreciation and also sharing how dedicatedly and sincerrely my family are taking this, in staying home, eating well and keeping our spirits up to keep from getting sick and to keep from spreading it.

She's been sharing the conversation with others and there's a connection just in this simple exchange, she says, that has affected the mood in her entire wing.

Reach out folks, when there's an opportunity.

Energy spent nurturing returns magnitudes greater than it went out.

Sharing grief diminshes grief.

Sharing love, maginifies it.

From Holly and not-so-silent thunder... much love Bums!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Just to put you straight:

I can 'just walk away' away as many times as I like (and come back if it suits me - especially as this forum is  entirely un-moderated (ATM).

Sorry that you feel that you (and seemingly the 5 others who "Liked" you post) appear to consider that you lack my own freedom in that respect yourselves.

Incidentally, who are these Masters/Mistresses of Wisdom to whom you refer?

21 hours ago, Bindi said:

Even a well placed troll can get a bit boring and repetitive - I haven’t felt baited yet, but I am getting a bit tired of heartbreaks endless new topics each slightly edgier and wonkier than the last. Here’s an idea, how about everyone who feels the need to respond in any way to heartbreak collectively puts him on ignore right now. Then there will be no more need to respond to anything, and heartbreak will get bored. It’s not like anyone will ever get through to him by continuing to respond. But it’s like herd immunity, enough have to do it that no new outbreaks occur :) 

Glad to see that you get it, especially as you're a woman and this particular parasite* appears to target your gender.

* aka "troll".

• Like 1

You lot are so stupid.

You do the same to Heartbreak as you do to ... other members ... other personalities and other issues.

It's the only thing you do on this forum.

Maybe ... you are the problem.

If you haven't noticed everyone else left ... even the moderators.

You are like those ghosts in the hotel in the Shining ... you just keep on ... finding someone to do the little dance around.

... it's all getting too much ... 

I keep hearing how shitty Dao Bums is...

by people who keep coming here every day for hours, to post repeatedly how shitty Dao Bums is...

Spoiler

fascinating-02rp9a.jpg

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rideforever said:

You lot are so stupid.

You do the same to Heartbreak as you do to ... other members ... other personalities and other issues.

You are like those ghosts in the hotel in the Shining ... you just keep on ... finding someone to do the little dance around.

There's more than merely a grain of truth in that, sadly...

4 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I keep hearing how shitty Dao Bums is...

by people who keep coming here every day for hours, to post repeatedly how shitty Dao Bums is...

Reveal hidden contents

fascinating-02rp9a.jpg

I don't hear that myself.

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

You lot are so stupid.

Actually, most of the moderators were directed to leave by the owner of the site for holding right wing views. Those that weren’t banned are still here as far as I know. 

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

On 27/03/2020 at 9:54 AM, silent thunder said:

In between posts here, and a dancing break with my gal... I've been having a conversation with Holly.

Holly texted me this morning to rant about the administration at her hospital and their treatment of staff during this...

I don't know Holly.  She texted me by mistake.

When she realized it was a wrong number she apologized profusely, but I said, 'aw hell no! no apology needed.  Rant to me all you need to, I can take it and I'll gladly be your pressure release.  What you folks are dealing with... etc etc, you get the drift'

So we've been conversing on and off (when she can) over the morning.

I've been listening to her experience in the wards, with patients and dealing with heartless asmins on the frontline of this... and in return, I'm sharing with her, some heartfelt love and appreciation and also sharing how dedicatedly and sincerrely my family are taking this, in staying home, eating well and keeping our spirits up to keep from getting sick and to keep from spreading it.

She's been sharing the conversation with others and there's a connection just in this simple exchange, she says, that has affected the mood in her entire wing.

Reach out folks, when there's an opportunity.

Energy spent nurturing returns magnitudes greater than it went out.

Sharing grief diminshes grief.

Sharing love, maginifies it.

From Holly and not-so-silent thunder... much love Bums!

Tell Holly someone from the other side of the world heard her story and sends their thanks and appreciation .   Its people like her that make the planet a better place .   Also let her know , here someone made the smart to move to get nurses and medical people , instead of politicians and administrators , to give advise and warnings on tv announcements .  A smart move as we appreciate and trust these front liners a lot more than some rich comfortable  politicians , so much so, that in the last few days the pollies and administrators have thanked the public, for what they estimate is , an 80% compliance  (ie. 80% less people about and  congregating . )

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rideforever said:

You lot are so stupid.

Bye bye then   dickhead !

(The amount of times I have tried to engage this guy  ^   reasonably , even when he started a topic and asked questions and I responded on topic relevantly , he just goes on to talk crap . So I gave up being nice .

he even ran off to the 'original ' Dao bums   ( a recent  split off of people left and kicked out by Sean ) forum, did the same thing there, got no audience ( due to similar behaviour)  and then came back here and started again. Now he is pissed off because a few posters here told him straight .

yep ..... ride forever mate  ...... thataway

point-horizon-hand-pointing-to-far-82210792.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gatito said:

There's more than merely a grain of truth in that, sadly...

That particular 'grain of truth'  applies only to some

strangely enough

yet these 'nasty insulting people '  here  dont seem to want to 'pick on' me . 

But once one writes crap   and then gets crap back .....    Oooooo , the big bad people picked on me ... DBs is fucked .....  no one here is enlightened ....

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, Vajra Fist said:

Such a simple solution...

🙈Ignore button🙉

I avoided using it for a long while to test myself, to work on myself.

Now, living in the midst of a global pandemic, I don’t need the extra challenge so my ignore list is growing and I like it here much better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1