Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

tip toeing around trump is ridiculous

while watching recent press conferences one can see how most everyone is tip toeing around or attempting work a-rounds for trump and his often misleading, misinformed, ignorant, arrogant and  dangerous statements, (except for some reporters) how ridiculous and sickly such tip toeing around is  considering the suffering and deaths !!  And forget a very large percentage of the GOP who are gutless cowards when it comes to standing up to their dear leader!!  We also have Fox news which is a very effective  and hypnotic like propaganda machine...most of their reporters are completely under the trump spell and spreading it along gleefully with every mind and emotion trick in the book to the peril of everyone,  including themselves in the end.   Gloat and dance to the piper now and pay later, a later which has now arrived ... 

Edited by old3bob

Later is now.

But everything else you just said is well understood by 95% of the users of this site, and the remaining 5% wipe back to front, so you won't be changing anything on this forum or in this world by writing more Trump threads. 

If things seem dire and in need of change, it would be best to get involved, offline, with actual human beings in your nearby community. There is much you can do to improve the fabric of society by helping to strengthen the weave of the parts of it that are close to you. Countless individuals, organizations, ecosystems, and organisms located within a one hour walk of your home need help, yesterday. Giving some will be mutually nourishing.

Conversely, and once again, blowing off steam here does nothing but waste time and qi, thereby calling forth the old adage, "if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the _______."

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, old3bob said:

general advice is fine but making assumption about  or with a "you" not so much 

Stop whining so much.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What is it that you wanted him to do that he's not doing ?

That should be obvious, face reality and resign before he brings about any more suffering or deaths than he already has,

Edited by old3bob

Eventually Trump will be gone. He may leave a lot of damage but I think in the long run it will not be appreciably more than many other presidents, such as the apparently rehabilitated George W Bush. There's not much you and I can do either way, on that scale. We can, as Walker suggested, try to manifest more kindness and light where we live. In any case the world does not revolve around Trump. The only people who don't realize this appear to be him, his cultists, and his obsessed detractors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually I think the most destructive president in my lifetime, in retrospect, was Reagan. He, along with other figures like Thatcher, marked a worldwide reaction that we have not recovered from. In US politics both liberals and conservatives are still speaking his language. A lot of former hippies got behind Reagan for whatever weird reason and will admit it with embarrassment now. . Neoliberal economics continues to be orthodox in both parties; neocon foreign policy, likewise. The US media, which had a brief flirtation with independence in the 70's, fell completely into line with Reagan and hasn't looked back since. Reagan's dream of gutting welfare was accomplished by Clinton. Basically we've been getting different flavors of Reagan since then. Trump is a logical outgrowth of that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

A lot of former hippies got behind Reagan for whatever weird reason and will admit it with embarrassment now.

Reason: they got their first paycheck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Actually I think the most destructive president in my lifetime, in retrospect, was Reagan. He, along with other figures like Thatcher, marked a worldwide reaction that we have not recovered from. In US politics both liberals and conservatives are still speaking his language. A lot of former hippies got behind Reagan for whatever weird reason and will admit it with embarrassment now. . Neoliberal economics continues to be orthodox in both parties; neocon foreign policy, likewise. The US media, which had a brief flirtation with independence in the 70's, fell completely into line with Reagan and hasn't looked back since. Reagan's dream of gutting welfare was accomplished by Clinton. Basically we've been getting different flavors of Reagan since then. Trump is a logical outgrowth of that.

Well said.

The One Two combo of Reagan Clinton was the end game as I've interpreted it. 

Reagan and his undermining of the unions with the firing of the air traffic controllers, set the tone for the non-stop assault of Teacher's Unions ala Wisconsin... and the trickle down economics... well we all see now in hindsight just what was trickling down..., combine that with Clinto-bot repealing Glass-Steagal and setting the stage for the commercial/investment banking meltdown of 2008 and we can see these it seems were the final two steps in the staircase crushing down and leading over the Middle Class, that started with the founding of the Federal Reserve and propped up on the foundation of the Military Industrial Complex.

Game.  Set.  Match. 

We've been in the end game since '96-ish.  (quick poll... was Clinton was the best Republican President... ever... cuz folks thought he was Dem?)  What aside from Abortion and some school lunch programs is the functional appreciable difference between democrap and republican't?  I'm no longer able to sniff a difference.  It's all Military budgets and hawks, with minor differences in the tone of the squawking as they all line up to send youngsters who don't know better, or have no other options, off to war.

Republicants care about your baby before it's born and once it's of legal military age.  "Republicans are against abortion because they need live babies to grow up to become dead soldiers." George Carlin RIP

Democraps care about your kid enough to talk a game that will earn them votes so they can keep reaping cash flows from the coffers of military contracts they continue to vote for.

Useless Self-serving mouth pieces.

Course, without the war spending and the military that outweighs all others combined, our dollar would have tanked decades ago.

Republican'ts re-districting and gerrymandering has kept them in seats and influence... but they've got one systemic problem they can't seem to find a way around... They share one thing in common with the Beach Boyz... All their fans are dying soon... (sooner now, if they reopen the country by Easter.)

Democraps still find a way to say things without foundation, or any backup, still falling right in line with hawkish war mongering and no teeth to go after crippling corruption aside from a handful of marginalized senator's and congress folk.

Ugly times, but then, 'murica has never been very pretty when it comes to diplomacy, politics or taking care of its weakest.

America is a business venture run amok.  Europe started it and lost the reigns... the inmates not only run the asylum, but dictate policy around the globe.

At least one thing remains true, seemingly.  No imbalance is sustainable long term.

It's bound to shift soon... oh wait... anyone feel that?

Edited by silent thunder
added the Carlin quote and expanded a sentence
  • Like 4

Can only imagine the depth of parasitic consumptive corruption written into the "Stimulus Package" the bloated ticks in washington just passed for themselves.

Corporate parasitism on overdrive, sold as a stimulus to the folks hit hardest, while their focus is on surviving physically, then financially.

nauseating.

Boeing asking for 50 billion.

Some awesome gal is trolling them so hard with the usual response of politicians and fat tick bankers to those who need assistance.

'Boeing... we're wondering why didn't you 'save up for a rainy day?'

Instead of buying back your stocks with 90+% of their recent profits of recent years.  You should have been responsible and held some capital in reserve...  savings accounts Boeing.  Basic budgeting.  Get your shit together instead of asking for handouts.

'This is the land of opportunity Boeing!  Why are you standing there with your hand out, some welfare case, feeding off of those out getting work actual done?'

'Why not pick yourself up by your bootstraps.  This is the land of opportunity!  Apply yourself.  Get a second job.  Learn a new skill.

Go back to school and get another degree with a dead end.'

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Well said.

The One Two combo of Reagan Clinton was the end game as I've interpreted it. 

Reagan and his undermining of the unions with the firing of the air traffic controllers, set the tone for the non-stop assault of Teacher's Unions ala Wisconsin... and the trickle down economics... well we all see now in hindsight just what was trickling down..., combine that with Clinto-bot repealing Glass-Steagal and setting the stage for the commercial/investment banking meltdown of 2008 and we can see these it seems were the final two steps in the staircase crushing down and leading over the Middle Class, that started with the founding of the Federal Reserve and propped up on the foundation of the Military Industrial Complex.

Game.  Set.  Match. 

We've been in the end game since '96-ish.  (quick poll... was Clinton was the best Republican President... ever... cuz folks thought he was Dem?)  What aside from Abortion and some school lunch programs is the functional appreciable difference between democrap and republican't?  I'm no longer able to sniff a difference.  It's all Military budgets and hawks, with minor differences in the tone of the squawking as they all line up to send youngsters who don't know better, or have no other options, off to war.

Republicants care about your baby before it's born and once it's of legal military age.  "Republicans are against abortion because they need live babies to grow up to become dead soldiers." George Carlin RIP

Democraps care about your kid enough to talk a game that will earn them votes so they can keep reaping cash flows from the coffers of military contracts they continue to vote for.

Useless Self-serving mouth pieces.

Course, without the war spending and the military that outweighs all others combined, our dollar would have tanked decades ago.

Republican'ts re-districting and gerrymandering has kept them in seats and influence... but they've got one systemic problem they can't seem to find a way around... They share one thing in common with the Beach Boyz... All their fans are dying soon... (sooner now, if they reopen the country by Easter.)

Democraps still find a way to say things without foundation, or any backup, still falling right in line with hawkish war mongering and no teeth to go after crippling corruption aside from a handful of marginalized senator's and congress folk.

Ugly times, but then, 'murica has never been very pretty when it comes to diplomacy, politics or taking care of its weakest.

America is a business venture run amok.  Europe started it and lost the reigns... the inmates not only run the asylum, but dictate policy around the globe.

At least one thing remains true, seemingly.  No imbalance is sustainable long term.

It's bound to shift soon... oh wait... anyone feel that?

Go read Confessions of an Economic Hitman. This is an indirect summary of that book, minus some nuances.

• Like 1

No need my friend.  I've known since 1986.

My uncle was CIA in the sixties.  He lived it.

Was killed for it.  His division was shut down he made a midnight call to my Aunt.

Then he spent 18 years in hiding, while publishing that material himself when it was still hot. 

I met him for a few hours one afternoon after he came back to the US.

I was a junior in high school.  In those hours, he peeled back any naivete' and innocence I had about the nature of this country's elite and the Military Industrial Complex.

He was publishing the material covered in that book, but he did it too soon.  If he'd waited, he could have co-wrote that book and profited, since now, the machine is so immured, they don't even care that it's being aired fully. 

What can be done about it now...

He was dead within weeks of my meeting him, just months after returning to the US after 18 years in hiding.

'murica

eta:

Andrew Bacevich has a series of very poignant and insightful books about American Global Imperialism.

A retired Colonel in the Army, active in Viet Nam.  he experienced the Imperialist machine from within at a deep level.

Professor of International Diplomacy at Boston University for some time, perhaps retired now, or even passed, I don't know.

Though I'm sure you've covered him too given your nature... but in case anyone else hasn't...

highly recommended reading.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

so a pathological and factually proven liar 10,000 times over, a cheat per court cases , a thief per court cases, a person repeatedly showing total lack of  ethics and also being devoid of human conscience, indulging in violence, doing destructive acts to public health, speaking constant mockery and deception, being a traitor openly and brazenly, irresponsible per multiple bankruptcies, a beast of sexual assault and a probable rapist...with such being the hero of millions of "Americans" we will thus have a whole lot of hell to pay and  I think it will be  more than this deadly virus that is taking so many fine and beautiful people who are opposite in nature to the evilly  infected and infectious wana-be dictator trump.     Tip toeing around (or ignoring for another day) obvious truths and injustices gives drastic results as shown by history over and over again!!  

Edited by old3bob

What’s the point of this thread? 

Don’t you know that all politicians all over the world are stooges of the Bankers and other rich men like Bill Gates & Mark Zuckerberg?

That includes Obama Reagan Clinton Trump etc.

You vote Left You vote Right You still voting for the same batches of stooges.

Oh wait I forgot Trump is a billionaire himself.

Edited by Heartbreak

3 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

What’s the point of this thread? 

Crybabies* are upset because they wanted Killary (the murdering, thieving, lying, cheating, mafioso working for Soros & Co,  who got away with defying justice by wrecking servers and deleting information, and who had all those who were going to testify against her assassinated), who they whole heartedly supported, because she has a pussy, to get elected.

* politics is for entertainment for the slaves.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

working on our multiple and horrific disasters is the of first importance, while working on  trump leaving office and being held accountable for his great many crimes and disgusting, disgraceful and dangerous acts is second unless they come first in causing more suffering and deaths than he already has... past mistakes and even blunders made by others mostly pale in comparison to the present heartless and lawless wrecking ball in the white house !

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Crybabies are upset because they wanted Killary (the murdering, thieving, lying, cheating, mafioso working for Soros & Co,  who got away with defying justice by wrecking servers and deleting information, and having all those who were going to testify against her assassinated), who they whole heartedly supported, probably because she has a pussy, to get elected elected.

aka alt-right and fox news brain washing...

Sign in to follow this