waterdrop

stuff to do to feel qi better ?

2 hours ago, waterdrop said:

I actually remembered i did something where a qigong teacher projected chi to the whole group and almost everyone there felt chi very strongly but i didnt .............   maybe cause my merdians are blocked etc  and i need to clean them or something like that

that is another reason why i asked this question in the first place  :  how to make myself feel qi better  ?

That sounds like one of two things:

1) I don't know who the teacher is, but if they are not from a credible lineage, nor an ordained teacher, he could have just been doing mind trickery where all his students are basically hypnotised. Unfortunately, this is all too common. If a teacher has really developed qi, you feel it when you walk in the room without demonstration, because it will radiate from them. You'll know when you're in the right place.

2. Possible blockage. But if you are able to learn a taiji form and practice it daily, religiously, this should subside and prep you.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

No exercise tops going for a walk   - if anything i was lacking in exercise and just started to do a little more stuff cause i think its suppose to be good to make qi flow better breath better etc

Teacher was very credibale also those who said they felt it (some advanced themselves some not)  - he teaches zhnieng qigong and is considered a great healer

The thing is its a loop if i would feel qi better i would be more motivated to practice and keep a steady practice

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, waterdrop said:

No exercise tops going for a walk   - if anything i was lacking in exercise and just started to do a little more stuff cause i think its suppose to be good to make qi flow better breath better etc

Teacher was very credibale also those who said they felt it (some advanced themselves some not)  - he teaches zhnieng qigong and is considered a great healer

The thing is its a loop if i would feel qi better i would be more motivated to practice and keep a steady practice

I'm with you.

Walking has become pivotal to my overall process.

My daily walks through our neighborhood in the hour before Dawn are blissful, energizing, healing and stabilizing.  Particularly when conditions permit barefootedness. 

Bare feet touching earth is bliss beyond description these last years.

• Like 3

Amplification and stabilization of wei qi field; deep resonant grounding and heightening of senses... particularly lately, spherical awareness intensified and amplified.

Equalizing of emotional response that persists in inertia long after the walk; heightened palpable gratitude and physical manifestations of bliss in the belly chest and head.

Third Eye impulses magnified.  Effortless Connectedness at the level of heart.  Compassion and bliss.

the list is nigh on endless.

dampening of fear and paranoia, increased hope and optimism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wang Liping stressed daily walking.

He led a walk each morning, before our first sit of the day.  45 minutes, breath timed with steps.  RAB.

Zhou Ting-Jue, my other traditional chinese teacher stresses the benefits of walking as a foundation forming and transforming skill as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

what is the effect of walking barefoot  (chi wise?) ?

Qi is about direct, personal experience and everyone has a unique experience and response.

Given the title of this thread, a suggestion I have is to simply try it.

Go for a long, slow, mindful walk with and without footwear.

Of course there will be many variable but this isn't a scientific study,. just an opportunity to feel.

This approach is good with everything, meaning - open your awareness, try and sense things in different ways.

Awareness and Qi are intimately related.

We can put labels on experience but at the end of the day, the effects relative to Qi for silent thunder's barefoot walk and my own could be completely different. 

It curious how often we debate or try to agree on how something affects Qi, as if it would be similar or equivalent for different people.

In my experience, it's not like that at all.

It's a solo path.

That may be, in part, because I was blessed with teachers who insisted I do the work and draw my own conclusions rather than accept some theoretical doctrine or agree on a party line.

PS - I was typing while ST posted, my words above are not meant as a criticism of his teachers' recommendations

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Just now, steve said:

Qi is about direct, personal experience and everyone has a unique experience and response.

Given the title of this thread, a suggestion I have is to simply try it.

Go for a long, slow, mindful walk with and without footwear.

Of course there will be many variable but this isn't a scientific study,. just an opportunity to feel.

This approach is good with everything, meaning - open your awareness, try and sense things in different ways.

Awareness and Qi are intimately related.

We can put labels on experience but at the end of the day, the effects relative to Qi for silent thunder's barefoot walk and my own could be completely different. 

It curious how often we debate or try to agree on how something affects Qi, as if it would be similar or equivalent for different people.

In my experience, it's not like that at all.

It's a solo path.

That may be, in part, because I was blessed with teachers who insisted I do the work and draw my own conclusions rather than accept some theoretical doctrine or agree on a party line.

Very well said.  Count me a +1 to that.

Just now, silent thunder said:

Very well said.  Count me a +1 to that.

And all that said, I still do value very much that you shared your experience.

I know enough not to simply agree or adopt their perspective, therefore I can use their perspective without necessarily compromising my own.

It can help me to see opportunity for my own deeper exploration.

• Thanks 1

I did a little barefoot walking  - once in a 5 day meditaion reterat were some of the people walked barefoot on grass and cement paths  -  and on a vacation in thailand in a forest where the guides where barefoot  so i did too   there where very long sticks on the ground but also a lot of wet leaves so it was really not a big deal at all suprisingly 

but alone somewhere new to do it barefoot  im too worried to get something stuck in my foot  (  a sharp stick edge , a nail , a needele etc)    -    when i did it  it was nice painful but cool expirence in the forest it was even nice and cushny  - inside  my house when its hot i walk barefoot  all the time  ,   but like qigong practice which i did  i dont feel all this stuff   -  so of course practice is better than theory but i ask for motivation and also its nice to look for stuff 

about morning walking i used to do it everyday before dawn as adviced by a teacher  - now im back to my parents house i changed it with walks with the dog  instead of alone  and in the afternoon  - not sure how it effects it  ---   in the morning walks they were nice but again since im not advanced i didnt feel any special benefit actually except nice scenery  ( if i would experience stuff than i wouldnt have a need to ask   )

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 1

On this subject of walking, I realise I didn't mention the usefulness of a light 10 minute jog and stretching first thing in the morning.

Also, a variety of aerobic-style arms swings and exercises to turn the wait in order to tire/relax the muscles. Call it, "limbering up" and letting that tension go.

I think with some trial and error, you'll find what works for you :)