waterdrop

stuff to do to feel qi better ?

What are the stuff a person can do to feel qi better ?        (*  important   later edit (After 2 first replies)   :       to feel qi better over time)

(not talking about putting your hands close to feel some tingling in them but how to feel chi well in the body  (maybe even seeing chi with eyes)) 

what to do and how does it help exactly 

some  examples   (im not answering myself this are stuff i wonder about and i am not sure - this are genuine questions  --   would be good if you confirm and explain about any point i raise  and add stuff i didnt mention as well )  :

meditation ?       how does it help ?      does it help feel the qi better ?

more chi in the body ?     accumulate as much chi as possible ?    does it matter how much chi you accumulate or just how well it flows ?

practice qigong ?  if so how does it help ?  

cleaning the blocakges in the body  ?   in what way ?             do you increase the flow of chi in the body ?    does it increase exchange of chi from the body to the outer world  ? 

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 2

The easiest to feel Qi is when you are on recieving end of the Qi Projection

I.e. when you have qualified teacher

maybe even seeing chi with eyes

2-3 years of daily training with third eye opening

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, waterdrop said:

What are the stuff a person can do to feel qi better

Before you start a session, warm up properly for qigong.  Shaking out (and not for a few seconds), moving all your joints.

Then very importantly warm up your arms wrists and hands, from the shoulder blades (part of the arms) down to the finger tips where the meridien ends are on the sides of the nails.  Rub your palms together with fingers interlocked so they can rub the sides of the fingers ... and work down to include the whole wrist and 2" below the wrist, and do the backs of the hands.  Then 'stroke' your arms from the shoulder blades down the outside to the finger tips, and up the inside from finger tips to armpit and below the armpit.

Doing these things a few times massively increases the sensitivity of the hands and arms that are used in many qigongs.

At the "WenWuSchool" a teacher called Hui Liu teaches Wild Goose, in her DVDs she has these warmups which are long and excellent on their own, as is the rest of her materials

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 4

" 2-3 years of daily training with third eye opening "  if i have bad eyesight  - does it effect the third eye in some way ?

for both of you  - just adding that i edited and put this part as well  :  (*  important   later edit (After 2 first replies)   :       to feel qi better over time)  

10 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

if i have bad eyesight  - does it effect the third eye in some way

Does bad eyesight affect the 3rd eye ? 

Not really, because bad eyesight is part of the body-subtle body, the 3rd eye is part of the spiritual dimension.

Bad eyesight can in some cases be much improved through qigong, sometimes it is caused by stress, or wood element problems, or blockages in the subconscious mind at the front of the face.

• Like 2

Make a circle with your arms, in a way that the palm of your hands point to you. After that circulate your qi around that circle. You will perceive that after some time it wi circulate without the need of thinking about it, and reversing the flow may be a bit hard, stop the circulation and them start again on the other way, it seems easier. After some time, you will be able to do it with your whole basic.

Take this with a grain of salt, Im not experienced and dont have theoric knowlage, it just worked for me. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, waterdrop said:

What are the stuff a person can do to feel qi better ?        (*  important   later edit (After 2 first replies)   :       to feel qi better over time)

(not talking about putting your hands close to feel some tingling in them but how to feel chi well in the body  (maybe even seeing chi with eyes)) 

some  examples   (im not answering myself this are stuff i wonder about and i am not sure - this are genuine questions  --   would be good if you confirm and explain about any point i raise  and add stuff i didnt mention as well )  :

more chi in the body ?     accumulate as much chi as possible ?    does it matter how much chi you accumulate or just how well it flows ?

cleaning the blocakges in the body  ?   in what way ?             do you increase the flow of chi in the body ?    does it increase exchange of chi from the body to the outer world  ? 

Chi kung helps you to eventually feel energy in several ways.  It is a type of meditation, normally moving meditation, but it also includes standing meditation and sitting meditation.  I have seen that a lot of people whose main practice is sitting meditation are usually sensitive to energy.  Moving chi kung helps to remove blockages so that helps you feel energy.  Also any kind of exercise generates more energy, but the important aspect of chi kung exercise is that you are supposed to be watching (listening) to the energy in your body which is generated by it.  Some chi kung also creates more energy, and Zhan Zhuang (standing meditation) is the more commonly well known way of doing that.  Lower stances generate more energy.

A lot of new agers think accumulating a lot of energy in the body is bad, because the assume the energy is bad, but the path of cultivating power and immortality is one of accumulating more and more energy, and of course, if you have more energy, then it is easier to feel it.

Seeing energy is an aspect of third eye and psychic development, which is rare in chi kung, but is common in real nei kung.  A lot of my students have started seeing auras after a year or so.

33 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Make a circle with your arms, in a way that the palm of your hands point to you. After that circulate your qi around that circle. You will perceive that after some time it wi circulate without the need of thinking about it, and reversing the flow may be a bit hard, stop the circulation and them start again on the other way, it seems easier. After some time, you will be able to do it with your whole basic.

Instead of visualizing the energy move around try moving your body in small circles by swiveling at the waist while holding that same arm position, and see how long it takes to feel it then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If no teacher, just stand. Drop the shoulders, close the eyes, sink knees slightly and keep back straight and relaxed. Basically drop into the tailbone, then glutes, then thighs.

5-10 minutes at first. Eventually you'll got longer. Focus on breath at first, then you will eventually sink more inside and ... I'll stop there. Feeling > words.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:37 PM, waterdrop said:

Do you practice taiji, qigong, or meditation now?

Yes i practice qigong and meditation   - for some time now but unconsistent  and without much motivation (Especially qigong)  and it would be great to be able to feel qi    (i actually did a qigong instructors course  - but i dont teach others cause i want to feel qi  well first) 

thanks for the replies everyone   -   i have to say though  in this forum there is a habit of "over quoting"  (as opposed to minimizing their use only when needed)   -  it really is long to explain all the ways but i think it reduces the amount of answers and their length and quality  (i wont explain also cause i dont think people will get it as well )  .......   this is  a very good forum i like it a lot  ----  i think without this over quoting issue it would have been  10 times better   (its really interesting why exactly this spesific forum is suffering from this over quoting  -  maybe the issue is just the size of the quote  where in other forums its smaller ) 

all replies are good  -  as always with the subject the more info i get about this and more explanations and clarifications   (cause every aspect of this is not fully clear to me  -  best exercises to feel qi (not during the exercise but in general in life ) the fastest way (as in if you practice it for weeks)  , also excericses to feel qi while practicing it ,  how stuff help in this aspect ,  spesific diet ?  ,        accumulation of qi   VS   the flowing of qi in the body       etc  

Edited by waterdrop

Some say, and I have experienced, that Tai Chi Ruler practice is the easiest way to learn to feel chi. Best source for me was Masterworks International's DVD, which claims to activate the eight extraordinary channels. If you search, there are threads on it here on the Bums.

Here's the DVD: https://www.amazon.com/Tai-Chi-Ruler/dp/B004QOAKRO/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Tai+Chi+Ruler+dvd+Masterworks&qid=1585404817&sr=8-2

You can do it empty handed, but I recommend getting a ruler. These people make my favorite.
http://www.taichiruler.com

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

seems to me that its maybe good to feel qi in the hands (which i already kind of do  (if just feeling tingling counts)   -  do you say it helps feel qi in whole body ?  and if so you have an explanation why ?

5 hours ago, waterdrop said:

also excericses to feel qi while practicing it

I made a couple of videos specifically to teach people to feel energy.  In the beginning people are usually more sensitive with their hands, later this sensitivity spreads to more and more of the body.  I call these Jedi techniques, and they teach methods to use for the hands.

This one teaches you to feel your proximity to surfaces,  objects, and people.

This one teaches you to feel yourself moving through the energy field of the Earth:

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

seems to me that its maybe good to feel qi in the hands (which i already kind of do  (if just feeling tingling counts)   -  do you say it helps feel qi in whole body ?  and if so you have an explanation why ?

Yes, it does activate chi in the whole body, not just in the hands. although you may feel them first. The rocking back and forth motion in this version of the ruler practice activates the heel channels (some of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels), which carry chi up the body, and the belt channel, which distributes the chi horizontally (another of the EEVs).

Here are links to some old threads on this, many questions answered :)

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=oXN_Xv3MI9H0tAbKnobYAQ&q=site%3Athedaobums.com+tai+chi+ruler+cheya&oq=site%3Athedaobums.com+tai+chi+ruler+cheya&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoCCAA6BQgAEIMBOgcIABCDARAKOgQIABADUOYVWJ5zYJJ3aAFwAHgAgAG0CIgBp6YBkgEINS04LjE4LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwi9oZGRxL3oAhVROs0KHUqPARsQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Edited by cheya

The best exercise I can suggest is to sit with spine straight and then bring your two palms facing each other (parallel). The palms should not be straight nor closed, but in between (see the video below for reference, don't over do the details too much...just get the general shape of the palms to be like that). Now hold the two palms with your elbows bent, such that you're holding a ball in front of your chest. Start with a small ball (maybe the size of a watermelon). Relax all your joints, and suspend your crown point (like it's dangling from the sky).

Make sure all your alignments are in place -- since you say you're a qigong practitioner, you should know this well. Close the front and back channel circuit by touching your tongue to your upper palate (where your tongue touches when you say "love"). 

Line up the centers of your two palms like they are connected to each other (holding a water melon sized balloon). Now, inhale slowly into your lower abdomen and let your mind reside on the space between your palms. After inhaling, hold for a few seconds, and then slowly exhale, and as you exhale, coordinate your palms moving toward each other (like the balloon is shrinking and becoming more dense). Go from a watermelon size to a cantaloupe. At the end of your outbreath, hold your breath for a few seconds, while letting your mind rest in the space where the balloon is. Inhale again and expand back to the original size. 

Repeat this a few times. If you're doing this right, you will feel your palms are like two magnets, and you'll feel a repelling force as you're condensing the ball and an attracting force as you're expanding it back. 

Play with this for as long as you can, in a relaxed manner. I'd recommend sitting on a flat chair with a straight back for this exercise. Very soon you should start feeling a real tangible ball in between your palms. As your sensitivity to that increases, your qi sensitivity will also increase. 

Spoiler

How many layers of chi are there? Bones, marrow, sinews, tendons, nerve system like branches of a tree, blood circulation creeks, streams, rivers and oceans of blood. Repository system , pores, hair, skin. The chi, vitality energy and spirit the commanders of a living being. Can we feel our body and FEEL how it is functioning. Is mind quiet enough to even notice.......Maybe or not.

If we go to a doctor and do not know what is wrong with us how can a doctor that does not live in our body know our body better then we do? Really does not make any sense to me.

So feeling Chi to me is to jump back into your body and do not allow the spirit to run off and search the endless search or for the mind to jump from one thing to another thing with distraction and external sensory stimulation. Worst is the mental clutter with zero applications in real life.

Just as Marblehead's sage advice was.... sit down and shut up. (not everyone will get that, RIP)

• Like 3

So true! Our Wei Chi / outer energetic field is so important. There are soooo many people energetically sick right now with no physical sickness at all we need to be on high alert and not let that shit get in.

• Like 2

Just had an offline session activated Qi sensitivity from WTF IS QI, only heard in books, to quite detailed and precise explanation of what exactly is happening.

The student also reported feeling of great power, fullness, happiness, euphoria, extreme relaxation, empty mind and some other consequences of activating chi flow.

The sensations range from burning fire, heat, to pressure and physical pain, I was pretty much just sitting nearby.

So, yeah, you can do it alone in few months of daily practice, or one session with someone who has skill and you are off to go with a new ability.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 2

"" WTF IS QI, only heard in books "   is a user here ?       what happened there exactly ?  i mean what the teacher do ?  

seems great even too good to be true  - to do something in one session instead of many

" WTF IS QI, only heard in books "   is a user here ?  

No thats a level of a person that was worked with. Like I worked with someone who never ever meditated in lifetime, and got a person to feel energy and enter deep state meditation in one session.

seems great even too good to be true  - to do something in one session instead of many

@NATURE BEEING reported similar results, so I think it quite normal. If there is a huge difference in energy, you can drive through smoothly on teachers Qi.

• Like 5

Oh yes my clients who also didnt meditate, reported tingling and also pulling sensations ( i pull bad stuff out ) one got goosebumps on the whole body! One said it feels like i was shooting little lightnings.But what was even more astounding to me was the change in mood. Clients reported a big love for life or even the feeling of feeling immortal when driving home.

• Like 3

I actually remembered i did something where a qigong teacher projected chi to the whole group and almost everyone there felt chi very strongly but i didnt .............   maybe cause my merdians are blocked etc  and i need to clean them or something like that

that is another reason why i asked this question in the first place  :  how to make myself feel qi better  ?

9 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

that is another reason why i asked this question in the first place  :  how to make myself feel qi better  ?

Hard muscles and tension will block the ability to feel.  Do you do hard style exercises?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Hard muscles and tension will block the ability to feel.  Do you do hard style exercises?

I only find this to be the case on the day of actual training, though. In fact, within hours of putting down whatever is being lifted, the body can return to a neutral state. I find that I can sink back into "soft mode" just fine.