CloudHands

Covid positive side effects

Yesterday, people of my neighborhood block offered a brief gig. It was a men vocal trio performing polyphonic songs on the rooftop of the bicycle garage facing the central courtyard so the acoustic was great. Beautiful moment !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/03/2020 at 1:55 AM, Stosh said:

It's exposing the corruptness of CON laws (certificate of need legislation)

Yep it makes some stuff appear clearly can be water can be politics or politicians :lol:

Edited by CloudHands

I'm not a fan of large crowds - there are now no large crowds anywhere. My daily walk around the town is now much more relaxed, despite being slightly eerie.

#Lookingforthepositives !!!

• Like 2

Everywhere we turn, folks are behaving admirably. 

Showing appreciation, maintaining respectful, intelligent distancing, not sour, bitter or glum.

I have always loved and appreciated the town we settled in when migrating to Southern Cal.  It's a wonderful mix of immigrants and transplants (from elsewhere in the usa) and natives.  But that respect and love has grown exponentially along with this virus and it's fallout.

Many are heeding the shelter in place order evidenced in that the streets are bare aside from a few.

The beaches here are utterly bare aside from a few stragglers wandering the sand.

At the grocery store this morning, our second run this month, the line stretched around the store to get in... that's because Von's took the time to place markers for maintaining social distancing while people wait to be let in the store.  They allow 15 shoppers in the store at any one time.  They've also marked out spacers on the floor for the lines inside to remind folks of where to stand in relation to others in line.

Waited about an hour to enter the store.  No yelling, no crowding, no pissing or moaning.  Politeness, respectfulness, even cheerfulness. 

These times bring out the extremes of folks... but that means the good not just the bad.

Everywhere I turn, I'm encountering more people behaving admirably, than shitty.

Then I log into Dao Bums... :lol:

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Normally I walk around town then sit down at a library to read or use the computers.

Now they are shut, my walks are twice as long and I'm already feeling better for it.

• Thanks 1

Stillness arises as the extremes of conditions play out.  Palpable resonance of being and a very quiet mind aside from last evening, but that storm, like all storms could not sustain for long.  It blew itself out in a few hours and simple raw being returned.

Reminded consistently that this is not happening to me, or us, but through us.

And this sheltering in place does not have to suck.  We've been having such a great time, listening to music, audio books, playing games.  Some amazing intimacy.   Dancing is up, in our house 300%, gaming is up 1100% over this time last year.  Steady stream of satsangs and comedians playing on youtube.

My son is utterly thriving at home school.  He's knocking out his work in 3 hours, with no distractions.  Straight A's and more free time.  He also started a private conversation with his science teacher after he did some research into the properties of light last night.  Teacher is gobsmacked but loving it.

I've made a new friend this morning.  Holly.  She works in a hospital and texted me by mistake this morning, ranting (and rightly so) about how the administration is treating her staff during this epidemic.  She was profusely apologetic when she realized, but it was I who apologized on their behalf, and reached out and offered to listen to any rants, anything to repay my gratitude for what she's doing for everyone by being who she is, in the job she's in.

It really floored her, so we've now been chatting back and forth, when she can and have struck a connection.  She gets to burn steam in a safe place and the support and my description of how sincerely we are treating this, she shared with others there and said it's helped change the atmosphere there, for now anyway.

We're sheltering in place, but not cut off. 

It's more like we're in retreat, not isolating.

• Thanks 1