18 minutes ago, Ocean Form said:

If you compare Sweden to the other nordic countries it doesn't look so good...

602552ccf25e2_nordenkorona.thumb.jpg.3a04b1f48ea0db8a5f950655815eb32b.jpg

Those a countries of different size and population density - here are Portugal and Sweden deaths - the two most similar countries in terms of population ( 10 m):

6025577935145_ScreenShot2021-02-11at16_11_32.png.1ea319539083239d7acfd398222172b7.png602557783c48e_ScreenShot2021-02-11at16_12_20.png.20f74110bd87eb9e0240136dbbaa2368.png

Portugal has used lockdowns - and was the European 'gold standard' for the first wave.  Lockdowns don't really stop the virus they just redistribute.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 10:38 AM, cheya said:

I you haven't got the vax yet, do read this first. Dr. Mercola sums it up pretty well.

COVID-19 mRNA Shots Are Legally Not Vaccines

The article goes waaay beyond the title.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/02/09/coronavirus-mrna-vaccine.aspx?ui=1e11a91deafeb9e595bb5a0e8a08c33d75bd5689da06b3817e902fc6738eed56&sd=20110604&cid_source=dnl&cid_medium=email&cid_content=art1HL&cid=20210209_HL2&mid=DM799847&rid=1080086943

Well, that settles it  ... no shot for  me !

'Vaccine' can  give you a

disrupted endocannabinoid system. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Iranian cleric says Covid-19 vaccine turns people gay

Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian made the claims on messaging platform Telegram 

'Don't go near those who have had the COVID vaccine,' he wrote 

Homosexuality is a crime in Iran and is punishable by execution  

So now we know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9239805/Iranian-cleric-says-Covid-19-vaccine-turns-people-gay.html?ito=social-facebook

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, that settles it  ... no shot for  me !

'Vaccine' can  give you a

disrupted endocannabinoid system. "

This is a serious problem.  I looked through the article and couldn't find it.  But if that's the truth.....wow......I can't imagine anything worse.

• Haha 1

According to this article in the Daily Mail 40% of Covid patients in the first wave caught the virus in hospital!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9254495/Stopping-Covid-spreading-hospitals-substantial-reduction-wave-deaths.html

I also seem to remember that 30% of deaths were in Care Homes ... which means presumably 70% of cases were in institutions - hospitals and care homes.  From this I would suggest that if they had dealt with these places properly the outbreak would have been minimal.  ???????

• Like 2

• The latest  from my state   NSW .

As some know we are crazy on lock downs  ... one case appears in WA ... whole state locked down .   One case appears in a Q motel ... send everyone home who was watching the tennis and introduce lock down measures .

Crazy huh ?

We are in our 28th day of having no new cases .

"New South Wales has hit a major milestone in its fight to contain COVID-19, recording 28 days of no new locally acquired cases.

It is the first time New South Wales has reached the 28-day milestone since the start of the pandemic last March.
A previous 26-day streak last November ended on December 2 when a hotel quarantine worker tested positive. "

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:13 AM, Taomeow said:

Here's another (the real?) reason India is doing well:

quaiqwfixq461.jpg

This is the home care kit that's been distributed by the Indian government to the population for months now, for the price of $2.50.   Plus HCQ is routinely taken for malaria prevention in billions of doses. 

Ivermectin offers almost 100% protection, close to 100% cure when taken early, and a very high percentage of recoveries taken at any stage of the illness (although it is not clear at this point if it is efficient with long covid, characterized by damage already done to multiple organs and systems rather than by the continued activity of the virus.)  Dr. Pierre Cory who testified before the Senate begging the government to please lend its deaf ear to the overwhelming scientific and clinical evidence suggests a higher dose for treatment (25 mg taken for 3 days), and I've seen at least one study where the dose proposed is 10 times higher for full-blown covid (still safe), but the one offered by the Indian government (also used in other countries with results similar to India's) has been shown to be sufficient for prevention.  

Of course no one is interested who is nurtured by the Great Father Pharma's inexhaustible breast whence the milk of human kindness never ceases to flow.    

Well India just broke 100k cases/day so...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/04/05/984366223/india-breaks-its-single-day-case-record-with-more-than-100-000-new-infections

Edited by forestofemptiness

2 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

"Cases" are very tricky though.  The only thing that counts as a "case" is a positive PCR test.  (Every PCR test at that, so a person who gets tested twice, three times, four, forty is counted as a separate case every time -- twice, three times, four, forty, forty million, doesn't matter.)  And how many tests will be positive depends on the cycle threshold value (Ct) established (or not) as guidelines for how to count which test will be deemed "positive" and which will be counted as "negative."  E.g. over 35 cycles will give positive results in almost every case, because dead nucleotides from dead viruses will be amplified enough to become detectable.  Whereas guidelines set at under 25 cycles will give only a fraction of that number of positive outcomes. 

In India, scientists and doctors tried to argue that their Ct guidelines are set too high (over 35) and to convince the authorities that those "cases" are the outcome of an oversensitive test that doesn't really correlate with the actual illness all that much.  They failed.  Not scientifically -- they are absolutely correct -- but administratively.    

• Like 3

On 4/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, Taomeow said:

In India, scientists and doctors tried to argue that their Ct guidelines are set too high (over 35) and to convince the authorities that those "cases" are the outcome of an oversensitive test that doesn't really correlate with the actual illness all that much.  They failed.  Not scientifically -- they are absolutely correct -- but administratively.    

The situation doesn't sound good to me, no matter how one wishes to parse the stats:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/second-virus-wave-overwhelms-india-hospitals-as-shots-run-low

The situation doesn't sound good to me, no matter how one wishes to parse the stats:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/second-virus-wave-overwhelms-india-hospitals-as-shots-run-low

Alas, information about the kit distributed by Indian government was only partially correct:  the incorrect part was that it was distributed "in India."  Turns out it was distributed only in two states out of 28, Goa and Uttar Pradesh.    

After 16 months of daily research (scientific journals in several languages, from hot preprints hours after first published to a couple decades back to recapture all relevant "what went before") I'd rather bail out of having a conversation about a Bloomberg article.  I live in quiet desperation over almost every conversation I attempt these days as it is.  If you need me to get quieter still, I'm quite willing to oblige.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Alas, information about the kit distributed by Indian government was only partially correct:  the incorrect part was that it was distributed "in India."  Turns out it was distributed only in two states out of 28, Goa and Uttar Pradesh.    

After 16 months of daily research (scientific journals in several languages, from hot preprints hours after first published to a couple decades back to recapture all relevant "what went before") I'd rather bail out of having a conversation about a Bloomberg article.  I live in quiet desperation over almost every conversation I attempt these days as it is.  If you need me to get quieter still, I'm quite willing to oblige.  

Please don't! You are one of just a few voices of reason as regards this matter - on this forum as well as (relatively speaking) on a grand scale.

Once those who are still able to see things in proportion have given in to desperation and shut their mouth, the fear mongers and science despots are going to have their way.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Please don't! You are one of just a few voices of reason as regards this matter - on this forum as well as (relatively speaking) on a grand scale.

Once those who are still able to see things in proportion have given in to desperation and shut their mouth, the fear mongers and science despots are going to have their way.

Thank you, Michael.

"Science despots" are like that old joke I remember from childhood about gourmet sausage offered to consumers -- 50% grouse 50% horse meat.  Some consumers, upon tasting it, questioned the truthfulness of the label.  They got confirmation from the manufacturer that the product was indeed exactly as advertised:  they really used 1 grouse per 1 horse in their recipe. 

Methinks we are the lucky recipients of the same science-despotism ratio.   1 part science per 1 part despotism, the first one grouse sized, the second, horse sized.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I live in quiet desperation over almost every conversation I attempt these days as it is.  If you need me to get quieter still, I'm quite willing to oblige.  

Well, if you live in "quiet desperation" then I'd certainly recommend a break from online forums. No need to stress, plus I hear its bad for the jing. I was just questioning whether India is, in fact, "doing well." 

10 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

science despots are going to have their way.

Science despots? On the Dao Bums? Are you kidding? :lol:

Well, if you live in "quiet desperation" then I'd certainly recommend a break from online forums. No need to stress, plus I hear its bad for the jing.

Thank you for mansplaining.  You just illustrated exactly what I mean by the kind of conversations that engender "quiet desperation."  In the context I used it, "quiet desperation" is not a sign of "stressing" and things "bad for the jing" in someone who uses this idiomatic expression/quote.  It's a sign of reading comprehension disheartened by the prospect of going out of vogue and getting replaced by mechanical mastication of regurgitated cud.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Thank you for mansplaining.  You just illustrated exactly what I mean by the kind of conversations that engender "quiet desperation."  In the context I used it, "quiet desperation" is not a sign of "stressing" and things "bad for the jing" in someone who uses this idiomatic expression/quote.  It's a sign of reading comprehension disheartened by the prospect of going out of vogue and getting replaced by mechanical mastication of regurgitated cud.  

It brought to mind the famous HDT quote:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things. 

1 hour ago, forestofemptiness said:

It brought to mind the famous HDT quote:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things. 

Pleasantly surprised by de-escalation offering.  Thank you.

That last sentence is very close to my worldview, which I would formulate only slightly differently:

It is a characteristic of wisdom to never count on toothpaste squeezed out of the tube to ever crawl back in. 

To me desperate things are the equivalent of irreversible things.  I avoid them like the plague if they're under my control -- unless I am fully prepared, by any irreversible act whether great or small, to close that chapter in my life and never look back.  (And even that never works out.  Irreversible is always desperate.  That's because it is the thing that goes against tao.  The ultimate loss of the Way.)       

• Thanks 1

Our local region  ( Mid north coast of NSW ) has just passed 1 year  since we last had a covid case .

• Like 2