19 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

Well believers here on this forum believe that you would have to do years and years of training, you see the condescending tone from Taemeow and others who actively despises those who post anything that is not 100% in line with their Buddhist and Taoist beliefs. 

Beg for an exemption.  I shared experience, not "beliefs."  I have energy healers up the yin-yang in my own extended family, in my lineage, and among close and distant acquaintances, from humble but talented healers to world famous masters, with all in betweens.  Not one of them, including my taoist teacher who had seen lines of thousands of people to his door way back when he was still doing the healing work for the public (know it from people who stood in those lines, not from him), claimed what you claimed.  

Do I "actively despise" those who make such claims without providing any evidence?  I despise the message.  But if the messenger and the message can't be separated...  which is often the case in online communications...  you bet I do.  On behalf of those who suffered and died from this illness -- who are presented by you as clueless ignorami for not retaining your peerless services.  Yup, despise that  crap with all my heart.  Nothing to do with my beliefs.  If you don't include my belief that people who make self-aggrandizing claims of this nature wrongfully discredit the real thing in the eyes of those who could truly benefit from it and thereby do a lot of harm.  That is, indeed, a belief of mine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wilfred said:

lockdowns are certainly a fear based response and have no real basis in anything beyond control. just thought i would add that because it isn't compassionate to sacrifice the many to protect a few. in case there was anyone here who supported such measures.

better to shield the vunerable in other ways than shut everything down which will cause much more suffering in the long term, both in deaths and degrading people's quality of life.

Pfft !    No other real basis beyond control  ..... of a pandemic virus  that is .

Its worked fine here . Look at our numbers !   And we are re opening already . ( and that will mean a 3rd wave  after Xmas , but we will just have to lock down again  for a while )   When it pops its head up we over react  ... but its effective .    WA had a bigger lock down than all the states  and their economy went well .   And I have saved up more than 5G in Corona virus supplements and savings from lock downs .   One friend likewise, she is unemployed and just put in a new garden, heaps of bought plants , a fish pond , new kitchen appliances  :D   her flatmate is juggling three jobs now  and he couldnt get one before the first lockdown .  Things adapt and change , but you have to jump out the old to do that .

But that isnt going to work in USA ,  USA is playing out a much bigger inevitable  western world karma trip  at the moment . But I already ranted about that before .

But go  ahead  with whatever   ; faith healing ,  conspiracy, doesnt even exist ,  whatever  .....     that's part of the 'virus'  too .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, C T said:

This pandemic seems to me to be reinforcing the idea of a maiden introduction to a future world run by machines (AI), where remaining humans exist solitarily in fully plugged in little pods, devoid of all sentient social interactions other than ones generated holographically. In some sense, many of us are already being attuned to that way of life since the launch of smart phones. Clearly, humanity is no longer interested in communion, judging from events even as latterly as the recent US elections. Those seemingly woke enough to think they will not fall for the deadening lull thats gripped a huge percentage of us have already chosen to disconnect with the entranced masses, which basically isn't any different, really. Except maybe the means to the end appear to be somewhat more consoling. Even here, posts crop up from time to time expressing wishes to detach from society, or in the case of a handful of members, sharing stories of a sort of utopia they have found living off grid etc.

Isn't total alienation and the disintegration of the social construct (as we know it) the direction humanity seems to be heading towards? The great reset that Taomeow mentioned? 

Sonny the robot: "I can see now, the created must sometimes protect the creator, even against his will." (I, Robot)

Possibly .

Assuming there will be enough people left to run the system, including IT    in the way to which we have been accustomed .

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, liminal_luke said:

At the risk of sending this thread in a direction nobody wants to go, I´ll mention that the alienation people feel responding to COVID is echoed by the political alienation of the current moment.  Many Americans are divided from each other according to their feelings about Trump.  Just this morning I learned that part of my family is up-in-arms calling the son of a cousin of mine a racist because he put up a Trump sign.  Could the devisiveness some of us feel around Trump and the alienation we feel trying to be close to one another during this pandemic be part of the same underlying wave?

What an interesting concept.  Through the lens of metaphysics, we manifest from the inside to the outside.  Those two situations are aligned in the same time and space.  I would say the answer is likely yes.

Back when Obama was president, I noticed occasionally that he seemed to know how to

wu-wei   around/through a situation.  The way Mr. Biden is handling this transition runs contrary to his fighting Irish personality.  Exactly the opposite, if you ask me.  He's not buying into any provocation, at least not publicly.  It is possible that he is knowingly keeping his hands off provocations so that the intelligence of the unseen will handle things to perfection?  I guess we can only hope.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 11:22 PM, johndoe2012 said:

Well believers here on this forum believe that you would have to do years and years of training, you see the condescending tone from Taemeow and others who actively despises those who post anything that is not 100% in line with their Buddhist and Taoist beliefs. 

So it can come as a surprise that you actually can remove such a virus pretty easily, that it is not a big deal, that you just need to the correct information.

I can point people to training in a PM, because I don't want to appear as someone who advertises here.

If you are sincere you can just sit and ask your Being for information on how to do it and you could probably learn how to do it on your own.

If this method can remove all symptoms of a corona virus I am not sure since I have only removed it from people in the beginning of the disease, 1-3 days in. After this there might be 1 day fever, not more, the body knows how to get back to a natural functioning.

An odd mixture of unkindness and probably knowing what you're talking about.

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, johndoe2012 said:

So it can come as a surprise that you actually can remove such a virus pretty easily, that it is not a big deal, that you just need to the correct information.

I can point people to training in a PM, because I don't want to appear as someone who advertises here.

If you are sincere you can just sit and ask your Being for information on how to do it and you could probably learn how to do it on your own.

If this method can remove all symptoms of a corona virus I am not sure since I have only removed it from people in the beginning of the disease, 1-3 days in. After this there might be 1 day fever, not more, the body knows how to get back to a natural functioning.

It is indeed remarkable what feats of energetic healing even beginners can sometimes accomplish. Anybody who has attended a basic seminar in the Silva Mind Control method or a comparable non-traditional approach to healing and visualization will know exactly what I am talking about.

The refinement of such skills requires years of practice, however. And yet, there is never any guarantee that a given case responds as well as others did before.

Then again, this holds true for any kind of therapy, including  orthodox medical ones.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, manitou said:

What an interesting concept.  Through the lens of metaphysics, we manifest from the inside to the outside. 

Yes. And well said, by the way.

It is this metaphysical perspective which is absent from so much of the current pandemic discussion, even on this forum. Most of the debate focusses on external causes of covid-19 and how to handle those.

This thread is intended to contribute whatever it can to the establishment of that 'missing link'.

Thank you all for your contributions.

• Like 3

the economic damage which will effect all manner of things namely people's quality of life, as a result of the lockdowns, hasn't even begun to play out yet. nobody can claim the lockdown has been a success until much further down the line and presuming it won't have been the straw that broke the camels back.

granted most of the problem is our debt based system where wealth is funnelled to an increasingly small number, but this trend will only increase as the printing presses are turned up in response to the 'crisis', 'recovery' or whatever they call it. we tread closer to an inflationary bust where people's savings are wiped out, negative interest rates, employment remains an issue for years to come. if you grow food in the garden then great but there's a bigger problem than the virus on the horizon and it's coming time to pay those debts. some lives have been saved but at what eventual cost? and will society be more free or restricted in that scenario?

forgive me if this is conspiracy territory but the economy eventually means something when food prices start to rise and people are more dependent on the government.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, wilfred said:

the economic damage which will effect all manner of things namely people's quality of life, as a result of the lockdowns, hasn't even begun to play out yet. nobody can claim the lockdown has been a success until much further down the line and presuming it won't have been the straw that broke the camels back.

granted most of the problem is our debt based system where wealth is funnelled to an increasingly small number, but this trend will only increase as the printing presses are turned up in response to the 'crisis', 'recovery' or whatever they call it. we tread closer to an inflationary bust where people's savings are wiped out, negative interest rates, employment remains an issue for years to come. if you grow food in the garden then great but there's a bigger problem than the virus on the horizon and it's coming time to pay those debts. some lives have been saved but at what eventual cost? and will society be more free or restricted in that scenario?

forgive me if this is conspiracy territory but the economy eventually means something when food prices start to rise and people are more dependent on the government.

One effect of the lockdown is to close down small businesses, shops and so - but funnel more money into Amazon and other online companies - making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Apech said:

One effect of the lockdown is to close down small businesses, shops and so - but funnel more money into Amazon and other online companies - making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

I think of that every time I order from Amazon - but with all the accredited discounts and stuff, damn!  And what an appropriate name.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, manitou said:

I think of that every time I order from Amazon - but with all the accredited discounts and stuff, damn!  And what an appropriate name.

I was perhaps one of the first users of Amazon, way back when it was only selling books.  An online book seller, how cool is that.  I used to buy many books.  

I feel as though I'm signing the contract with the devil now every time I check out an Amazon item.  But what stops me from dropping that account is the same thing that stops me from voting: I believe we are light years away from any situation where any individual decision by a private citizen makes a realistic dent, and I'm not a believer in symbolic gestures.  If there was a slightest chance that real action will be undertaken...  but it would have to be undertaken by millions, if not billions, agreeing all at once that it must be undertaken.  I don't see it happening, given the current state of division between everybody over everything.  "They" knew what they were doing when they skillfully divided everybody over everything.  To wit, they were making money and power for themselves.  Expertly and successfully.     

• Like 3

Just to make Americans feel a little bit better a comparison of the case fatality rate between the European Union and the USA:

Eobf6ehWEAUT5Rs.thumb.jpeg.c74f4d6733f34eb7f52df940806656bb.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just to make Americans feel a little bit better a comparison of the case fatality rate between the European Union and the USA:

Eobf6ehWEAUT5Rs.thumb.jpeg.c74f4d6733f34eb7f52df940806656bb.jpeg

That is not a feel good graph. Far too many are dying due to really poor leadership here in the US and the world.

1 minute ago, ralis said:

That is not a feel good graph. Far too many are dying due to really poor leadership here in the US and the world.

'a little bit better' because you have achieved a lower fatality rate over a long period which is a better than Europe.

• Like 1

The British Public respond to being the first country to approve the Pfizer vaccine:

• Like 3

A folk rendition of the sentiment expressed in somewhat more scientific terms by ex-Pfizer head of respiratory research Dr. Michael Yeadon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

A folk rendition of the sentiment expressed in somewhat more scientific terms by ex-Pfizer head of respiratory research Dr. Michael Yeadon.  

Would you happen to have a link?

Big pharma, in collaboration with the wealthiest elites, finally devised an immortal golden goose. The gift that keeps on giving is an understatement. It's going to be mandatory for all air passengers to show they've been vaccinated once this thing gets into full swing. I want to travel, but adamantly rejects the idea of inoculation. (adios, freedom...) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

To be honest I give the whole thing little thought, beyond how it is affecting my life. I can't go to the theater, and I have to wear a mask everywhere.

I do not for a second believe that a mask helps stop anything, and I guess this may have recently been proven. I also have no interest in any cure or vaccine. Why? Because we have no idea what kind of long term genetic side effects things may have on our offspring and their offspring. Forget immediate side effects, too many corporations have a vested interested in controlling the population and making money. Who knows what they will put into that stuff everyone will be rushing to inject into their bodies?

That's my fear speaking, I just realized. :unsure:

I remember some years ago, when I was still a Christian and not even of the more mature attitude I have now, that everyone told me I needed to have my tonsils removed. I refused. Now as i sit here my attitude is that if it came in my body when I arrived in this world, it should stay there.

My attitude towards any virus is the same. I do not wish to get anyone else sick, that is my biggest concern. But I figure if it is here, it is here for a reason. We collectively created it and drew it into our experience. It will do whatever it came here to do and leave. If I get it, it will have a fight on its hands. My attitude is I will just kick its arse!

What I won't do is run around like Chicken Little and proclaim that the sky is falling. For one thing nobody really knows anything about this virus, and for another, whatever info we get will never be the 100% truth. Hell I don't even know if there is a virus! Seriously, I hear about it, I hear people I am acquainted with have it or had it, but I have no direct proof of its existence!

This i a good time to practice your hopefully well developed spirituality, adopt an "acuna matada" type mentality and stop giving energy to the damn thing through your fear, assuming it even exists! Do you think Thich Nhat Hanh or Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev are sitting there, chewing their fingernails over this? HELL NO! So why are you?

The only power anything has over you is the power YOU give it. End of story. Something exists only as long as you believe it exists, and the only energy it has to sustain it is the energy of your fear and resistance. Release your fear and resistance, practice acceptance, allowing, feeling, releasing and letting go, and you will find freedom.

Will you choose fear or freedom? Because you can not have both.

Here, have a laugh and a smile:

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Just to confirm your view if you´re willing to go out on this proverbial limb...you´d recommend against taking the Pfizer vaccine for people generally?  Are the other potential vaccines similarly problematic?  Understand if you´d rather not make explicit recommendations but appreciate any guidance/advice you´d care to offer.

(At this point I´m leaning towards shoring up my metabolic health, making sure I´m topped off nutritionally, and calling it good.  That´s not a position that´s likely to win me any points with my worrier mom and medical professional brother.)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

(At this point I´m leaning towards shoring up my metabolic health, making sure I´m topped off nutritionally, and calling it good.  That´s not a position that´s likely to win me any points with my worrier mom and medical professional brother.)

Hi Jesse,

Good.

Tell your mom and brother that you are ~ leaning towards shoring up your metabolic health, making sure you're topped off nutritionally.

My best regards to them.

- Anand

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Just to confirm your view if you´re willing to go out on this proverbial limb...you´d recommend against taking the Pfizer vaccine for people generally?  Are the other potential vaccines similarly problematic?  Understand if you´d rather not make explicit recommendations but appreciate any guidance/advice you´d care to offer.

Er...  unlike our corporate Lords and Saviors, who are legally exempt from liability and free to recommend whatever they please with zero accountability or risk to themselves, a private citizen is lovingly encouraged by our betters to keep her mouth shut.