Early on I put a huge smile on my mask when around my 10 year old niece and 5 year old nephew, using red lipstick.

We maintain social distance, wear masks and stay outdoors for the most part.

She, my niece seems to have adjusted if that's even possible to home schooling limited socialization etc.

He, my nephew has clothes sensitivities, no tags, frequent clothing changes thru out the day for a variety of reasons. He is A natural nudist, most comfortable out of clothes, ditching them and mask as often as he can. Makes it a more interesting/difficult time for his folks. He spotted some friends (a family who were not wearing masks) outside his home. 

He went out mask less, and suffered a six day lock down,,,,,

My worst nightmare would be having the youngsters get ill with it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

This life we´re living is physical and nonphysical, dual and nondual, particle and wave, so please smile as you put on your mask.  Don´t half-ass this.  A mask without a smile provides inadequate protection.  A smile without a mask, inadequate protection.  We need good vibes and personal protective equipment. It´s a mistake to think that one way without the other is the right way.  Don´t pick a polarity and insist that those on the other side of the spectrum are doing it wrong.  Instead, be like existence herself, be like the almighty Tao: embrace both.

But I like being miserable :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

It is unfortunate that very few know energy healing since it only takes 10 mins per person to clear the coronavirus.

Could you elucidate, JD?

On 11/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, Michael Sternbach said:

Now I realize not everybody is a sage.

No?  It's there somewhere under all the conditioning.  :)  The question is whether they've decided to do the inner work of removing the stuff that gets in the way.

Any of us may or may not be a Sage - but I think a way to put it into practice is to pretend that you are one when stepping into a crowded elevator.  :lol:  Lose all thoughts and try not to breathe.  Just ohm it out.  If you're not thinking, you're in a sagely state of consciousness.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

505b1da269bedd284c000011?width=3000

I'd love to understand what this is saying - but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  I see a fireman rescuing a white (and no doubt deaf) kitty from the second floor of a house in a flood.  Obviously, I'm missing the bigger picture.  :unsure:

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

505b1da269bedd284c000011?width=3000

28 minutes ago, manitou said:

I'd love to understand what this is saying - but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  I see a fireman rescuing a white (and no doubt deaf) kitty from the second floor of a house in a flood.  Obviously, I'm missing the bigger picture.  :unsure:

Perhaps this photo is like a Roschach blot and what we see says more about us than anything else.  In any case, I interpretted it differently.  I imagined an alternative universe in which Taomeow lived as a burly male construction worker.  He put Apech out of the house because he was bad, and perhaps also because he said he wanted to be miserable.  But that´s just me.

• Haha 2

Nah .

Its one of those nasty cats thats goes around doing break ins on unfortunate flood victims .  He got the window screen off, but surprise , someone was home .

Unfortunately, now, he has ruined any future prospects ....

( ...  and wearing the disguise of  'white Caucasian male '   didn't fool anyone )

th?id=OIP.c2GG6Lf5SiUnm2hsVI03YgHaIj%26pid=Api&f=1

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, manitou said:

It was an illustration to our resident white cat's statement

2 hours ago, Apech said:

But I like being miserable :(

and I was about to post it as a comment under that statement but someone beat me to it.  So the statement and the illustration got separated.  

1 hour ago, steve said:

Watching the South Park pandemic special. Some twisted stuff but funny as hell.

omg...  my son and I just watched that a week or so ago.

an inspired level of twisted and omg, just flowed through that whole episode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, manitou said:

Could you elucidate, JD?

Well believers here on this forum believe that you would have to do years and years of training, you see the condescending tone from Taemeow and others who actively despises those who post anything that is not 100% in line with their Buddhist and Taoist beliefs. 

So it can come as a surprise that you actually can remove such a virus pretty easily, that it is not a big deal, that you just need to the correct information.

I can point people to training in a PM, because I don't want to appear as someone who advertises here.

If you are sincere you can just sit and ask your Being for information on how to do it and you could probably learn how to do it on your own.

If this method can remove all symptoms of a corona virus I am not sure since I have only removed it from people in the beginning of the disease, 1-3 days in. After this there might be 1 day fever, not more, the body knows how to get back to a natural functioning.

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Like 2

lockdowns are certainly a fear based response and have no real basis in anything beyond control. just thought i would add that because it isn't compassionate to sacrifice the many to protect a few. in case there was anyone here who supported such measures.

better to shield the vunerable in other ways than shut everything down which will cause much more suffering in the long term, both in deaths and degrading people's quality of life.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know that some of you had first-hand encounters with covid-19 and therefore tend to become rather emotional about the topic. Rest assured, I sympathize with all of you!

The focus of this thread is not intended to be on the pros and cons of wearing masks, however, or the correct way of doing so. Nor on any other rules of conduct implemented at one time or another and assumed to help contain the dissemination of SARS-CoV-2. As those only touch on the material cause of the epidemic anyway.

For most readers, being followers of various spiritual paths, it should be a matter of course that there is so much more at play here than meets the eye! It is those invisible factors that I am hoping to discuss.

It has been said that, on one level, the occurence of an epidemic is a statement about an unsustainable , but ongoing condition - quite possibly by bringing the latter to a head! Read in this light, the social ramifications of this disease - the imperative of wearing masks, avoiding close contact with others, seeing them and ourselves as a potential threat at all times - suggest as underlying theme the loss of intimacy and alienation that alot of people have noted in regards to the increasing shift of our social life to the anonymity and unbinding nature of the virtual realm called the Internet.

It should be understood that, once a certain threshold has been breached, despondency can spread and take hold of a collective ahead of any infectious germ. In fact, it is that kind of psychological condition gone viral that lowers the natural resistance of those resonant with it and renders them susceptible to the energetic imprint of a subsequent infectious agent to begin with.

That being said, that kind of event is sure to carry multiple meanings, and for some the pandemic will offer a welcome opportunity to slow down in their tracks, to regain a bit of peace and rest, to come home, to come into their own.

These are just some of the general patterns at work behind the scenes. Of course, each individual affected directly or indirectly will have its own specific reasons for taking part in a mass event of thst kind. At the end of the day, we all are the authors of our own life story. And that even includes those comparatively few amongst us to whom the pandemic will be a way to leave the physical system behind altogether.

Your thoughts and observations regarding the deeper meaning of this unprecedented mass event would be welcome.

Michael

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Michael Sternbach

I think this is an important aspect to our response as DBs that has been overlooked so far.

I know some people don't like plays on words and so on - but I think it is worth considering 'corona' as meaning a crown - which is obviously derived from a visible description of the shape of the virus - and indeed what sub-consciously caused the WHO to coin COVID as the name of the disease - especially as the outcome seems to be increased individual isolation and alienation, lack of social interaction and warmth - throwing so many back on themselves and introspection (which has both positive and negative repercussions depending on the person involved).

• Like 1

This pandemic seems to me to be reinforcing the idea of a maiden introduction to a future world run by machines (AI), where remaining humans exist solitarily in fully plugged in little pods, devoid of all sentient social interactions other than ones generated holographically. In some sense, many of us are already being attuned to that way of life since the launch of smart phones. Clearly, humanity is no longer interested in communion, judging from events even as latterly as the recent US elections. Those seemingly woke enough to think they will not fall for the deadening lull thats gripped a huge percentage of us have already chosen to disconnect with the entranced masses, which basically isn't any different, really. Except maybe the means to the end appear to be somewhat more consoling. Even here, posts crop up from time to time expressing wishes to detach from society, or in the case of a handful of members, sharing stories of a sort of utopia they have found living off grid etc.

Isn't total alienation and the disintegration of the social construct (as we know it) the direction humanity seems to be heading towards? The great reset that Taomeow mentioned? 

Sonny the robot: "I can see now, the created must sometimes protect the creator, even against his will." (I, Robot)

Edited by C T
typo
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, C T said:

Clearly, humanity is no longer interested in communion, judging from events even as latterly as the recent US elections

No way ~ humanity will/must live on outside the US elections

Soft touch over hardware.

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

It has been said that, on one level, the occurence of an epidemic is a statement about an unsustainable , but ongoing condition - quite possibly by bringing the latter to a head! Read in this light, the social ramifications of this disease - the imperative of wearing masks, avoiding close contact with others, seeing them and ourselves as a potential threat at all times - suggest as underlying theme the loss of intimacy and alienation that alot of people have noted in regards to the increasing shift of our social life to the anonymity and unbinding nature of the virtual realm called the Internet.

I like what you say about the "underlying theme" of "loss of intimacy and alienation."  Whether this is a metaphysical cause of the pandemic or merely accompanies it I can´t say.  But the virus certainly challenges our ability to be close to each other both physically and emotionally.  There is an epidemic of lonliness right now.

At the risk of sending this thread in a direction nobody wants to go, I´ll mention that the alienation people feel responding to COVID is echoed by the political alienation of the current moment.  Many Americans are divided from each other according to their feelings about Trump.  Just this morning I learned that part of my family is up-in-arms calling the son of a cousin of mine a racist because he put up a Trump sign.  Could the devisiveness some of us feel around Trump and the alienation we feel trying to be close to one another during this pandemic be part of the same underlying wave?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Could the devisiveness some of us feel around Trump and the alienation we feel trying to be close to one another during this pandemic be part of the same underlying wave? 

Yin-Yang at play? 

22 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Yin-Yang at play? 

I´m sure Yin and Yang are always at play though I´m not thinking of it in those terms.  For me, the pandemic is an invitation to take off my (emotional) mask.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I´m sure Yin and Yang are always at play though I´m not thinking of it in those terms.  For me, the pandemic is an invitation to take off my (emotional) mask.

Hi Jesse,

To me COVID -19 constitutes a paradigm shift. It has been said that when a paradigm shifts, everything will return to zero ~ to a level playing field,

I like you choice of words ~ 'emotional mask'.  No more faking/fxxking around with COVID - 19?

c2e136ccf149f3d5c49f67da0e10e34e.jpg

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correction
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, wilfred said:

lockdowns are certainly a fear based response and have no real basis in anything beyond control. just thought i would add that because it isn't compassionate to sacrifice the many to protect a few. in case there was anyone here who supported such measures.

The few to date are nearly one and a half million people.

In Australia and a few other countries lockdowns have proven to be very successful when done early.

13 hours ago, wilfred said:

better to shield the vunerable in other ways than shut everything down which will cause much more suffering in the long term, both in deaths and degrading people's quality of life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1