19 hours ago, thelerner said:

you're kidding right.  You think 90% of humans would kill you for a roll of toilet paper?  That's pretty dark.

even I wouldn't kill you for less then 3 rolls of TP and bottle of Purell.

Obviously it was an exaggeration but congrats on twisting it , your joke was... mildly funny.. I guess. THough not very "compassionate"

Hahah.

Edited by bax44

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

so if one doesn't know for sure if they are infected or not yet acts as if they are not and then goes against basic health protocols to "reach out"  to others how wise is that? 

Nope . Conversely , if you act like you have it (and you may, without knowing it )  and are vigilant in not spreading it  - then if you dont have it the same behaviour is protecting yourself .  

But people are stupid and unthinking ; at the rural produce store; everyone is lined up for service standing far apart down one isle , as they get served they go out the other isle, except one woman who kept distance all the way to the counter and then walked back out down the waiting isle , pressing past everyone lined up and apart .    And how are people gonna keep apart at the supermarket when so many are packed in there ?

I am still continuing as normal (for me  )  , I usually have some 'flood supplies' on hand  anyway .   A couple of times a week I buy some supplies   like  milk bread and veg .  I am assuming that soon supply will get  better  as peoples stashes will be full .  I have yet to see 'line-ups' outside  ( some small ones inside at the register ) in my town, but I saw newspaper photo of the little city 70 mins drive away and chaos with line ups .

AND THEN   - God damn it !   I realised I was reading a newspaper  at the barbers and I had licked my finger to turn a  stuck page !

-   constant meditation required  to break old habits !

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

All the spiritual stuff and having invincible chi is great but only relative masters are in the know about such while most of are not and could be increasing risk to others.

Went to post office this morning and everyone was keeping 5'-6' distance.  I wonder how much longer before the postal workers insist that packages are left at the door instead of them having to have personal interaction with people.  Most banks are using their pull up's and shooting the plastic tubes back and forth. 

And we are assuming that food production and packaging is 'safe '     ?       Hmmmmm ....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Good morning Nun,

How have you been?

flamelogo.gif

You have enough rolls?

french_bread_gif1.gif

Keep well.

- Anand

One thing I do miss, living out in remoteness , is daily fresh baked rolls . 

So no , I dont have enough rolls .   I do have a 

Homemade-white-sandwich-bread-12.jpg

which I am about to cut into for breakfast - that should last about a week , with refrigeration .

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Nope . Conversely , if you act like you have it (and you may, without knowing it )  and are vigilant in not spreading it  - then if you dont have it the same behaviour is protecting yourself .  

But people are stupid and unthinking ; at the rural produce store; everyone is lined up for service standing far apart down one isle , as they get served they go out the other isle, except one woman who kept distance all the way to the counter and then walked back out down the waiting isle , pressing past everyone lined up and apart .    And how are people gonna keep apart at the supermarket when so many are packed in there ?

I am still continuing as normal (for me  )  , I usually have some 'flood supplies' on hand  anyway .   A couple of times a week I buy some supplies   like  milk bread and veg .  I am assuming that soon supply will get  better  as peoples stashes will be full .  I have yet to see 'line-ups' outside  ( some small ones inside at the register ) in my town, but I saw newspaper photo of the little city 70 mins drive away and chaos with line ups .

AND THEN   - God damn it !   I realised I was reading a newspaper  at the barbers and I had licked my finger to turn a  stuck page !

And we are assuming that food production and packaging is 'safe '     ?       Hmmmmm ....

there are medical related reports that the virus can remain infectious for several days laying on certain surfaces and for far lesser time on other surfaces.  The details can be found on the web, i'm not going to post what I'm not sure of...  We did make a trip to a grocery store where they bring your online  order out to your car and load it for you, and it's also paid for online.  So that is about the lowest possible contact that can be made in getting retail groceries that I know of.  We are older and did not want to go into a crowded store.

Stay safe, be safe

9 hours ago, old3bob said:

there are medical related reports that the virus can remain infectious for several days laying on certain surfaces and for far lesser time on other surfaces.  The details can be found on the web, i'm not going to post what I'm not sure of...  We did make a trip to a grocery store where they bring your online  order out to your car and load it for you, and it's also paid for online.  So that is about the lowest possible contact that can be made in getting retail groceries that I know of.  We are older and did not want to go into a crowded store.

Stay safe, be safe

Its a small rural area , the local supermarket does not do on line ordering

43 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Its a small rural area , the local supermarket does not do on line ordering

well I think stores should be offering the service (for a reasonable fee) as much as possible, more so to the those with health conditions and however the age factor may be figured into it...  and if it means hiring a couple of more workers to do it then great.

Indeed . We are  seeing a lot  of   ' should be's '  that  haven't been      during this . 

Depending on what devolves here , things like on line ordering might become compulsory.  

• Like 1

There's one thing I'm doing daily which makes me feel 'like' I've actually got some control over this.  I do a short meditation (whenever I think about it) and just visualize my heart as a glowing flame, with the heat radiation going out from the center and emitting light everywhere.  The heat radiation purifies my immune system.

Anybody got a better idea??  :unsure:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, manitou said:

There's one thing I'm doing daily which makes me feel 'like' I've actually got some control over this.  I do a short meditation (whenever I think about it) and just visualize my heart as a glowing flame, with the heat radiation going out from the center and emitting light everywhere.  The heat radiation purifies my immune system.

not really,  maybe a long hAaaaaaahh to accompany it, (if you're not doing it now).   A little bit of sacred sound goes a long way :) 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, manitou said:

We are focusing on eating really well, healthy, nothing processed.

Good sleep and plenty of it.  Naps whenever the mood hints.

We're listening to a steady stream of satsangs and comedians and playing games.

We've also been reading out loud to each other and starting another audio book this evening. 

Lots of good music.  Spontaneous dancing.

I've been painting and sketching a few hours a day, or every other day.

Shelter in place does not mean suffer.

I'm noticing as the extremes amp up, a steady and spontaneous response of dissolving into stillness and clarity when mind isn't actively involved.  Without actively engaging, the process simplifies into raw being readily and this emanation feels similar to what you describe with your heart fire image... though it's low emanations arising from no specific location, just the beingness.

Cheers Gal... nice to hear you here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, manitou said:

Anybody got a better idea??

Hi Barbara,

No ~ your idea is past/present purrfect.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've broken out the last of my Kinnick-Kinnick and loaded my Eagle Pipe.

Grown on Rosebud land.

Offerings of smoke and my own presence to those who've gone before.

Lots of gratitude and respect for what has passed, that I may stand here now with all of you, facing this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Lots of gratitude and respect for what has passed, that I may stand here now with all of you, facing this.

Hi Creighton,

We are on the same page... especially...

6 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Rosebud land.

th?id=OIP.zZfqnI5MxWgfloO6t5LhIAHaJ4&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.NsHsBoKVlMvpDVhRn7nE1QHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=219&h=165   th?id=OIP.Mt9jbMJes1FstLuX_neu2gHaKq&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  

4b98b057c5fed06c677b2e6b5ec7d5ee.gif

Good night.

- Anand

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I've broken out the last of my Kinnick-Kinnick and loaded my Eagle Pipe.

Grown on Rosebud land.

Offerings of smoke and my own presence to those who've gone before.

The action of the Dao is reversion back to the Dao.  It feels like humanity is doing a backflip and reverting to One.  The entire world has the same needs at this particular moment in time.   Because there is a different strata system now, and the new currency seems to be masks and ventilators.  They can make their plans to get everyone back to work by Easter, but this nation never learned the art of kamikaze.  They will protect their interests, not his.

Not sure what kinnick-kinnick is, but I think I may have loaded some over here too.

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

How come   he   gets roses dipped in cocaine and I dont ! ?      :angry:

I thought that you might get hurt on a thorn.  That's why your cocaine is dipped in lettuce.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, manitou said:

The action of the Dao is reversion back to the Dao.  It feels like humanity is doing a backflip and reverting to One.  The entire world has the same needs at this particular moment in time.   Because there is a different strata system now, and the new currency seems to be masks and ventilators.  They can make their plans to get everyone back to work by Easter, but this nation never learned the art of kamikaze.  They will protect their interests, not his.

Not sure what kinnick-kinnick is, but I think I may have loaded some over here too.

Kinnick-Kinnick is a type of Lakota traditional tobacco.

13 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Kinnick-Kinnick is a type of Lakota traditional tobacco.

Oh.  Well, that's not what I have.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:16 PM, Nungali said:

Yes.  Constant consciousness.

21 hours ago, manitou said:

I had been trying to help a young naive  homeless couple; they where camping (he is a travelling musician with all his gigs cancelled )  and looking for work so I  gave them some at my place and they where camped up the back yard - which i told them would not be suitable ... but they liked it  < shrug >  but then torrential rain came  and flooded their camp and they had to move on .  No income - running out of food, so I slipped them an extra couple of hundred  ... he was overjoyed and went to the car and came back ;

" Thanks so much , I only have 6  I have been saving but  .... "  and handed me 2 high grade surgical filter masks .

YESSSS !   -  score !     :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1