Recommended Posts

likeable...hmm, are old school Zen masters (some who hammer the hell out of students) likeable?

 

or do they just get the job done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Immortal4life said:

It ain't over till it's over, just gonna leave this here....

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/10/the-pollster-who-thinks-trump-is-ahead/

 

if a #1 A-hole and horribly diseased trump wins then it's mostly over for the US!  (although a dem house and senate might get him impeached all the way, then the nightmare on Pennsylvania Ave could finally be over!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old3bob said:

 

if a #1 A-hole and horribly diseased trump wins then it's mostly over for the US!  (although a dem house and senate might get him impeached all the way, then the nightmare on Pennsylvania Ave could finally be over!)


Hi o3b, I am curious about your thoughts on “the Hunter Biden scandal,” and how you view what has been presented regarding that in relation to what has been presented regarding Trump, corruption, oligarchy, and dealings with foreign powers.

 

Edited by ilumairen
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilumairen said:


Hi o3b, I am curious about your thoughts on “the Hunter Biden scandal,” and how you view what has been presented regarding that in relation to what has been presented regarding Trump, corruption, oligarchy, and dealings with foreign powers.

 

 

not much interested in something that the repubs are drumming up to distract from trump and his family's multifaced crimes that have been full steam ahead for the last four years and many decades before that! How interested are you in the crimes of trumps kids and felonious cronies, (like manafort, stone, flyn, sheriff what's his name, etc., etc... some who he has blatantly pardoned?  Oh and lets not forget the women he has sexually assaulted, the women he has probably raped, the lookers or hookers he has betrayed his wife (wives) with and the sometimes half naked teenage girls he has admitted to willfully walking in on at pageant dressing rooms!    

 

Happy fishing trip 

Edited by old3bob
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Apech said:

 

 

Do you actually like Kamala Harris?  She seems quite unlikable to me.  But what do I know.

 

Initially I wasn't a real fan.  She seemed a bit like a show pony to me.  But I've come around because of her strength and ability to cut right to the heart of a matter (both she and Joe seem to do this).  I think it's highly likely that Trump will be prosecuted on RICOH charges (organized crime), plus he's already named as Individual 1 on an indictment.  She'll have the energy that Joe may find in short supply, and she'll have the prosecutorial know-how to keep things on track, although she wouldn't be handling anything.  I think it would be a great help to Joe.

 

As to likeability?  Eh.  I wouldn't vote for her as homecoming queen, but I think she may be just what this country needs right now.  It'll be a challenge for Joe to keep her ego under control.  But I think it'll work.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilumairen said:


Hi o3b, I am curious about your thoughts on “the Hunter Biden scandal,” and how you view what has been presented regarding that in relation to what has been presented regarding Trump, corruption, oligarchy, and dealings with foreign powers.

 

 

My Good O3B

If I may be so bold I would like to rephrase ilumairen's question.

I ask because ... well to be honest, you not only did not answer, but actually did a "diversion".

we all are painfully aware of DJT's failings.

 

I do actually realize that DJT and the elephants are pulling smoke, mirror, mud slinging and diversion tactics to the max

in order to avoid answering the hard questions.

 

But this direct question remains:

Does anyone see any factual basis in the "Hunter Biden scandal”

or is it all rumor and inuendo?

 

shunka

Edited by shunka
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a Trump voter, or supporter, but Harris is just plain awful. Here Gabbard, a great democratic candidate, destroys the evil drug warrior, a policy so often associated with neo cons and conservatives, who imprisoned so many, with pure class

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, manitou said:

 

 I think it's highly likely that Trump will be prosecuted on RICOH charges (organized crime), 

I'm no conservative supporter, but this is delusion on the level of conspiracy theories about Russian bots fixing elections 

Edited by Immortal4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shunka said:

 

My Good O3B

If I may be so bold I would like to rephrase ilumairen's question.

I ask because ... well to be honest, you not only did not answer, but actually did a "diversion".

we all are painfully aware of DJT's failings.

 

I do actually realize that DJT and the elephants are pulling smoke, mirror, mud slinging and diversion tactics to the max

in order to avoid answering the hard questions.

 

But this direct question remains:

Does anyone see any factual basis in the "Hunter Biden scandal”

or is it all rumor and inuendo?

 

shunka

 

and mine were direct questions also being I'm not interested in a diversion to Hunter Biden, or in devils advocates rallies.  

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ilumairen said:


Hi o3b, I am curious about your thoughts on “the Hunter Biden scandal,” and how you view what has been presented regarding that in relation to what has been presented regarding Trump, corruption, oligarchy, and dealings with foreign powers.

 

 

It stretches credulity a little to think that Hunter B. put two laptops in for repair which had both incriminating emails and compromising pics on them - but it's not impossible I suppose.  What is def true is that he worked for the Ukrainian energy company while Biden was VP and was paid an enormous salary ... for what? if it was not for access.  Either way I think Biden and Trump inhabit the same swamp ... and again I would suggest double your practice and pray for peace ... 'cos it might be helpful in the end.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Apech said:

 

It stretches credulity a little to think that Hunter B. put two laptops in for repair which had both incriminating emails and compromising pics on them - but it's not impossible I suppose.  What is def true is that he worked for the Ukrainian energy company while Biden was VP and was paid an enormous salary ... for what? if it was not for access.  Either way I think Biden and Trump inhabit the same swamp ... and again I would suggest double your practice and pray for peace ... 'cos it might be helpful in the end.

 

 

 

That was my first thought too.  About the laptops being in for repair.  Do they actually repair those any more?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter Biden and whatever transpired back then (and he has been cleared so far) is NOT the clear and present danger of trump right now and until he is shown the door!

 

so all the half baked diversions or outright lies to distract from trump have about a .001 percentage of importance while various and really important sectors or many parts of our country and people  are being crushed by a hell bent megalomaniac !  So spin away if it gives some comfort to you, as for me grasping for such straws (as trump does daily and hourly) gives no sense of satisfaction.    

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both 'parties' in 'Murica are deeply entrenched in the game of endless war and 'Murican Hegemony.

 

One of them pays lip service to environmental and minority/women's issues.

 

Neither 'party' are the American People invited to... unless it's as servants... or dinner.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apech said:

 

It stretches credulity a little to think that Hunter B. put two laptops in for repair which had both incriminating emails and compromising pics on them - but it's not impossible I suppose.  

 

 

That actually was my first thought....not even an alleged crackhead would be that dumb...would he?

Edited by Immortal4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Big Thank You to Apech and Manitou for actually addressing a question actually asked.

I have not been paying any attention to such attacks on biden & family,  and really wanted to know.

 

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

Hunter Biden and whatever transpired back then (and he has been cleared so far) is NOT the clear and present danger of trump right now and until he is shown the door!

 

so all the half baked diversions or outright lies to distract from trump have about a .001 percentage of importance while various and really important sectors or many parts of our country and people  are being crushed by a hell bent megalomaniac !  So spin away if it gives some comfort to you, as for me grasping for such straws (as trump does daily and hourly) gives no sense of satisfaction.    

 

Bob - I take personal exception to your reply and I am actually offended.

your missives are most always rants, but you now made it personal against me.

You cross the line repeatedly, but with this personal effrontary  I guess I will put you on ignore.

 

 

Edited by shunka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shunka said:

A Big Thank You to Apech and Manitou for actually addressing a question actually asked.

I have not been paying any attention to such attacks on biden & family,  and really wanted to know.

 

 

Bob - I take personal exception to your reply and I am actually offended.

your missives are most always rants, but you now made it personal against me.

You cross the line repeatedly, but with this personal effrontary  I guess I will put you on ignore.

 

 

 

that post was not to anyone in particular but to everyone of the mindset that ferreting around with Hunter Biden (or other distracting issues in comparison) right now while trump is dangerously holding and abusing power daily and hourly along with him perpetually debasing, corrupting and perverting America with his words and actions, telling people to basically ignore covid which could possibly see  500,000 of us dead if things are not drastically turned around in a year, along with the hundreds of more serious national and international issues that we face!   (Btw how many people are going to die or suffer from covid,  go hungry,  be shot down in the street,  go homeless, or see a governor kidnapped and executed by alt-right gun toting fanatics (who have been directly emboldened by trump)  if Hunter Biden's issues are put way, way back on the burners for now,  ZERO x ZERO!

 

 So if that is ranting to some then so be it,  The ship has been taking on lots of water and is going down unless we stop the saboteur rat and his ilk who are ravenously gnawing away faster and faster on the ribs and hull of a ship that we all depend on in various degrees to stay afloat.  (and sure the ship needs major overhauls. drastic updates or rebuilding but if it sinks that can't be done)  

 

p.s. and lets not forget forms of rampant and rabid illegal voter suppression by trump and his operatives in the GOP to try and steal elections! 

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, manitou said:

 

That was my first thought too.  About the laptops being in for repair.  Do they actually repair those any more?


Yes, “they” actually do. My own laptop has a solid state drive it did not originally come with.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I suppose James Biden, the little brother, is of no interest either, so it was quite misguided of me to notice a bit of a pattern with his getting the contract to build affordable housing in Iraq (something no one in the US needs, as we all know) just coincidentally with big brother Joe taking charge of supervising American policy in Iraq.  Of course little James had no prior experience in any building projects, but since it was all about just some small change into his pocket, a paltry 1.5 billion, we needn't get distracted.  The one and only  important thing to know is, orange man bad.  Got it.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

And I suppose James Biden, the little brother, is of no interest either, so it was quite misguided of me to notice a bit of a pattern with his getting the contract to build affordable housing in Iraq (something no one in the US needs, as we all know) just coincidentally with big brother Joe taking charge of supervising American policy in Iraq.  Of course little James had no prior experience in any building projects, but since it was all about just some small change into his pocket, a paltry 1.5 billion, we needn't get distracted.  The one and only  important thing to know is, orange man bad.  Got it.  

 

no, it was just sarcastic...being that no one said, "the one and only important thing" in comparison to what most of a suffering public really needs on the back and front burners.  But of course you are free to cook what you want and maybe get in a couple of bites while the kitchen floor drops out from underneath from gnawing rats. (mostly devious and viscous male rats weighing anywhere from 160 to 250+ pounds thus too big for most cats to run off)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old3bob said:

 

no, it was just sarcastic...being that no one said, "the one and only important thing" in comparison to what most of a suffering public really needs on the back and front burners.  But of course you are free to cook what you want and maybe get in a couple of bites while the kitchen floor drops out from underneath from gnawing rats. (mostly devious and viscous male rats weighing anywhere from 160 to 250+ pounds thus too big for most cats to run off)

 

Allow for a different view of the kitchen though.  

 

The kitchen floor doesn't drop from a rat scurrying across.  It drops from termites eating away at it for decades.  You want to hire an exterminator who will rid you of the rat.  That he will poison the cat, the dog and the canary in the process doesn't bother you, as long as the hateful rat is dealt with.  Fine. 

 

But imagine for a moment that the exterminator you hire is in cahoots with a contractor who will be accidentally available to rebuild your kitchen floor once it drops out.  Imagine the exterminator meticulously avoids the subject of the termites, pretending they aren't there -- till the floor drops out.  And then he and his contractor buddy will split the profits.  Wouldn't you want to know if that was the case?  I most certainly would.  If I caught my rat-busting exterminator whispering in his contractor buddy's ear after inspecting my home, I'd get curious...  But we're all different.  You hate the rat.  Fine.  Screw the cat, the dog and the canary.  They were never adamant enough about hunting down the rat, so, to hell with them. 

 

But the termites...  The termites are immune to rat poison.  And that might prove a big problem if you don't want to look under the floor boards. 

 

At least don't consider anyone who does an enemy.  We have our own experiences with termites, and our reasons to pay attention.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

umm, the kind of rats I'm talking about don't scurry across the floor...they are emboldened and mutated 160-250+pounders with their gnarly teeth sunk deep into our throats and ripping away while the reality TV show of lies plays on as brought to us by their king rat!

 

Termites as you say are also a big problem,  but they normally take more time to damage the floor and devour the cook!  (or the cats and dogs, thus can be uncovered for what they are and dealt with before things are totally destroyed)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading an article on Reason.com (https://reason.com/2020/10/21/will-trump-beat-the-odds-are-you-willing-to-bet-on-it/?itm_source=parsely-api) on how bettors look at the election.  How professionals look for edges and the most realistic modeling without bias, because its not their opinion, they have money on it.  Anyhow it has a link to https://electionbettingodds.com/

 

It'll be interesting to see how the odds change as we get closer.  The site puts Trump's current chances at 35%, higher then I thought.   At the moment its putting the odds of a Democratic Senate at 61%.  Democrats holding the House at 83.7%.  At last nights debate Trump mentioned the House could flip to Republican, not very likely.  It'll be interesting to see how the odds shift as we get closer.

 

I don't think Trump would want to hold office if his party lost congress.  I'd assume with Democrats controlling both houses of congress he'd get impeached and have more Republicans breaking rank, against him.  Blaming him for their losses.   

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 4:25 PM, Taomeow said:

And I suppose James Biden, the little brother, is of no interest either, so it was quite misguided of me to notice a bit of a pattern with his getting the contract to build affordable housing in Iraq (something no one in the US needs, as we all know) just coincidentally with big brother Joe taking charge of supervising American policy in Iraq.  Of course little James had no prior experience in any building projects, but since it was all about just some small change into his pocket, a paltry 1.5 billion, we needn't get distracted.  The one and only  important thing to know is, orange man bad.  Got it.  

 

As you may well know, it goes deeper than "just" corruption:

 

tLEtcbo.jpg

 

hBAUZCw.jpg

 

 

maz4U4j.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites