Recommended Posts

I am totally an outsider to US politics but it always made me curious. Those who strictly and madly oppose trump are secretly in favour of him and actually advertising him favourably?

Edited by Damla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no, we are not secretly any such thing!  Btw. trump has infected much of the world besides just the US with his alt-right, alt reality  lying dictatorship madness...thus some of his diseases have likely reached your location in some form or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Damla said:

I am totally an outsider to US politics but it always made me curious. Those who strictly and madly oppose trump are secretly in favour of him and actually advertising him favourably?

 

Yes. That has been clear since 2016 when liberal outrage mongers gave Trump countless hours of free advertising, in mainstream media outlets and on social media. Then after loudly broadcasting Trump's message, they pretended that the Trump campaign's real propaganda weapon was Russian trolls on twitter and facebook. The truth is that many Trump voters operate on spite. I don't think they seriously expect Trump to benefit them in any tangible way- but they love the unhinged shrieking he provokes among liberals. And moreover, the constant shrieking serves Trump by obscuring his truly horrendous crimes. When everything Trump does is a cause of undifferentiated outrage then none of it matters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Caitlin Johnstone:

 

 

When you look at US politics, it appears as though there are two mainstream political factions that very strongly disagree with one another. ‚ÄúDivided‚ÄĚ is a word that comes up a lot.¬†‚ÄúPolarized‚ÄĚ is another.

 

It is of course true that a whole lot of emotion flows between these two factions, and most of it is indeed negative. The hot topics of any given news cycle in America will typically involve more than one story pertaining to the vitriolic enmity between them.

 

But beneath all the hurled insults and heated debates, these two factions are actually furiously agreeing with one another. They’re agreeing the entire time.

 

They agree that the US government should remain the center of a globe-spanning empire; they just angrily quibble over a few of the details of how that empire should be run, like whether or not the Saudi crown prince should have received some small consequence for dismembering a Washington Post reporter with a bone saw.

 

They agree that the US should remain the earth’s unipolar hegemon at all cost; they just loudly bicker over some of the specifics in how it should look, like whether there should be the names of Confederate generals on its military bases.

 

They agree that there should be a massive US military presence around the world; they just furiously dispute small particulars like whether a few thousand of those troops should remain in Germany or be moved to Poland.

 

They agree that there must be endless mass military violence to uphold the US-centralized empire; they just make a big show of debating whether that military violence should be more focused on Syria or Iran.

 

They agree that it is necessary to menace the entire planet with nuclear weapons while ramping up aggressions against other nuclear powers; they just rage back and forth about whose finger should be on the button.

 

They agree that it is necessary to control the world economy with an iron fist; they just squabble about its features, like how and when to roll out a trade war with China.

 

They agree that the environment should continue to be destroyed; they just fight about the minutia, like whether or not there should be some accommodations made for the profit margins of green energy corporations.

 

They agree that income and wealth inequality should persist in the US; they just passionately disagree about how it should persist, like whether or not Americans should receive another paltry $1200 stimulus payment this year.

 

They agree that plutocracy should continue to rule America; they just spar over the minor features, like whether or not those plutocrats should pay a tiny bit more in taxes.

 

They agree that Americans should remain aggressively propagandized; they just argue about whether it should be by Fox News or MSNBC.

 

They agree Americans should be closely surveilled and their speech tightly controlled; they just debate the details, like whether or not right-wing pundits are being disproportionately censored on social media.

 

On all issues that most severely affect real people on mass scale, these two political factions are in emphatic agreement. They just pour a whole lot of sound and fury into the tiny one percent of the spectrum wherein they have some disagreement.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirPalomides said:

 

Yes. That has been clear since 2016 when liberal outrage mongers gave Trump countless hours of free advertising, in mainstream media outlets and on social media. Then after loudly broadcasting Trump's message, they pretended that the Trump campaign's real propaganda weapon was Russian trolls on twitter and facebook. The truth is that many Trump voters operate on spite. I don't think they seriously expect Trump to benefit them in any tangible way- but they love the unhinged shrieking he provokes among liberals. And moreover, the constant shrieking serves Trump by obscuring his truly horrendous crimes. When everything Trump does is a cause of undifferentiated outrage then none of it matters.

 

It's an obvious but overlooked fact that if one were a revolutionary communist or anarchist then you should naturally prefer Trump to win and stay in office which would stimulate even more the currents of discontent such as BLM and antifa to levels which might overthrow the system.  While Binden would tend to ameliorate the left to retain the corporate run status quo.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mountains of lies are mountains of lies,  and cause great harm.  The  twisted stereotyped lies and corrupted rot  of your quoted post Palomides is nothing but disease minded garbage and is an example of it adherent's and their ilk getting their kicks,  which apparently includes you.

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Apech said:

 

It's an obvious but overlooked fact that if one were a revolutionary communist or anarchist then you should naturally prefer Trump to win and stay in office which would stimulate even more the currents of discontent such as BLM and antifa to levels which might overthrow the system. 

 

That's the "accelerationist" dream but it operates on the assumption that increased misery and chaos inevitably lead to increased class consciousness and revolutionary organizing. I think history has shown many instances where that is not the case and I don't think that would be the case in the USA. BLM and Antifa are dispersed "brands" more than real movements, not nearly organized or united enough to constitute a revolutionary vanguard. And the dozens of little Marxist-Leninist sects (PSL, WWP, Socialist Alternative, etc.) have no strategy apart from selling newspapers and recruiting cadres who can sell more newspapers and recruit more cadres. The anarchist organizations are even smaller. So  even if I were an orthodox Marxist-Leninist or anarchist looking at the situation soberly I still wouldn't see Trump as offering any real advantage. In fact Trump provides an alibi for the centrist liberals and the old establishment right as defenders of "democracy" against fascism.

 

Quote

 

While Binden would tend to ameliorate the left to retain the corporate run status quo.

 

I'm not sure Biden would be able to do that. I don't think the status quo can be retained. I think we are headed toward increased breakdown of that status quo and the solutions- no matter who's in the white house- will not be pretty.

Edited by SirPalomides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

Trump  !

 

ya gotta vote him out !

 

Created by Rockefeller.  Can I vote Rockefeller out?  Can I vote out a few of his and his cronies' other creations?  The Trilateral Commission?  The Council on Foreign Relations?  The Bilderberg group?  And all the neofeudal nobility who operate them so efficiently to make sure we always turn our pitchforks on each other, not on them?  And all the feudal overlords who pull their strings?  Just show me the booth and I'll come running with my "to hell with y'all" ballot. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, old3bob said:

mountains of lies are mountains of lies,  and cause great harm.  The  twisted stereotyped lies and corrupted rot  of your quoted post Palomides is nothing but disease minded garbage and is an example of it adherent's and their ilk getting their kicks,  which apparently includes you.

 

As usual I file your reasoned assessment in the appropriate receptacle.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

 

That's the "accelerationist" dream but it operates on the assumption that increased misery and chaos inevitably lead to increased class consciousness and revolutionary organizing. I think history has shown many instances where that is not the case and I don't think that would be the case in the USA. BLM and Antifa are dispersed "brands" more than real movements, not nearly organized or united enough to constitute a revolutionary vanguard. And the dozens of little Marxist-Leninist sects (PSL, WWP, Socialist Alternative, etc.) have no strategy apart from selling newspapers and recruiting cadres who can sell more newspapers and recruit more cadres. The anarchist organizations are even smaller. So  even if I were an orthodox Marxist-Leninist or anarchist looking at the situation soberly I still wouldn't see Trump as offering any real advantage. In fact Trump provides an alibi for the centrist liberals and the old establishment right as defenders of "democracy" against fascism.

 

 

I'm not sure Biden would be able to do that. I don't think the status quo can be retained. I think we are headed toward increased breakdown of that status quo and the solutions- no matter who's in the white house- will not be pretty.

 

 

I pray daily for liberation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

 

As usual I file your reasoned assessment in the appropriate receptacle.

 

 that same receptacle that you draw upon for your twisted and darkly sickened cynicism...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

 

 

Created by Rockefeller.  Can I vote Rockefeller out?  Can I vote out a few of his and his cronies' other creations?  The Trilateral Commission?  The Council on Foreign Relations?  The Bilderberg group?  And all the neofeudal nobility who operate them so efficiently to make sure we always turn our pitchforks on each other, not on them?  And all the feudal overlords who pull their strings?  Just show me the booth and I'll come running with my "to hell with y'all" ballot. 

 

(An analogy)  as we very well know many domestic cats are not living as good of cat lives as they could be yet there are still people that try to make their lives better and have some success because they did something fairly simple like befriend, feed and get them some medical care,  anyway to know that there are some cats living healthier lives because they got a helping hand is something good and good for the adults who helped them and also for their kids to see...and no one had to run very far to find such cats... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apech said:

 

 

I pray daily for liberation.

 

samsara is nirvanna when...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, old3bob said:

 

samsara is nirvanna when...

 

samsara is nirvanna when...

corona virus strikes again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, old3bob said:

 

(An analogy)  as we very well know many domestic cats are not living as good of cat lives as they could be yet there are still people that try to make their lives better and have some success because they did something fairly simple like befriend, feed and get them some medical care,  anyway to know that there are some cats living healthier lives because they got a helping hand is something good and good for the adults who helped them and also for their kids to see...and no one had to run very far to find such cats... 

 

Ah, that's an angle I haven't explored.  Let's see...

 

Abraham Lincoln was the first president to bring a cat to the White House.  It took 50 years before another president brought another.

 

Most preferred dogs, horses, even white mice and hamsters.

 

Now this is the Clintons' cat --  is he having a good life or a bad life?  Depends on who you ask.  I for one would feel profoundly demeaned if I was tied down for a photo session of my happiness, but I come from a different breed of cats.

 

Giving it Socks: Bill Clinton√Ęs cat poses for the press corps on the White House lawn in 1999. Photograph: Robert Giroux/Getty Images

 

Trump is the first president in 150 years to not bring a pet to the White House.  Hmmm...

 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fined for not voting? :lol: there is some freedom for ya. Good grief, I didnt know Australia was that messed up. 

3 weeks of madness left. And further madness following. 

Voting in person began here today with Gorgeous fall weather.

Old day to clean the truck, do all kinds of things, vote? Naw not me.

If you do go out and vote, remember your mask, take your temperature, B)

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

 

Ah, that's an angle I haven't explored.  Let's see...

 

Abraham Lincoln was the first president to bring a cat to the White House.  It took 50 years before another president brought another.

 

Most preferred dogs, horses, even white mice and hamsters.

 

Now this is the Clintons' cat --  is he having a good life or a bad life?  Depends on who you ask.  I for one would feel profoundly demeaned if I was tied down for a photo session of my happiness, but I come from a different breed of cats.

 

Giving it Socks: Bill Clinton√Ęs cat poses for the press corps on the White House lawn in 1999. Photograph: Robert Giroux/Getty Images

 

Trump is the first president in 150 years to not bring a pet to the White House.  Hmmm...

 

 

Indeed and I wonder how many other people have noticed that?  Btw any average cat would probably spray trump in the face, then run before the "authorities" got to him!  That reminds me of an episode at a zoo that had multiple tiger and leopard cages that people could walk by and get fairly close to the cats.   Well this one tiger was full of mischief and or anger for being caged but he would occasionally get some revenge by suddenly spraying people through the enclosure wire  if they got close enough;  I could swear that tiger had an evil grin on his face after he got me with a glancing spray as I was telling my kids what a magnificent animal he was!

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.10.2020 at 4:26 PM, SirPalomides said:

 

When everything Trump does is a cause of undifferentiated outrage then none of it matters.

 

Is it how it seems? Everything trump does is as if cause of undifferentiated outrage?

 

It more seems to me as if they first present what he does as matter of entertainment and then talk as if they are angry about it.  How can you be angry at someone which entertains? But they talk so. It is really a big puzzle for me. Same is for my own country's leader. When they criticize him, i cant take them seriously. He just seems sweet to me just like trump.

Edited by Damla
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damia, if your parents or grandparents or other close relatives or friends were dead because of trump's horrible mishandling of covid 19 maybe then your posts wouldn't be so uninformed and childish...

Edited by old3bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 3:38 AM, Taomeow said:

 

Ah, that's an angle I haven't explored.  Let's see...

 

Abraham Lincoln was the first president to bring a cat to the White House.  It took 50 years before another president brought another.

 

Most preferred dogs, horses, even white mice and hamsters.

 

Now this is the Clintons' cat --  is he having a good life or a bad life?  Depends on who you ask.  I for one would feel profoundly demeaned if I was tied down for a photo session of my happiness, but I come from a different breed of cats.

 

Giving it Socks: Bill Clinton√Ęs cat poses for the press corps on the White House lawn in 1999. Photograph: Robert Giroux/Getty Images

 

Trump is the first president in 150 years to not bring a pet to the White House.  Hmmm...

 

 

I didnt know that .  

 

....    "You can judge a man by the way he treats a dog. "   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 5:03 AM, zerostao said:

Fined for not voting? :lol: there is some freedom for ya. Good grief, I didnt know Australia was that messed up. 

 

:D    .   You are from the USA ,   right ?

 

You didnt know Australia was that messed up ?    Then I have to suppose you have not read my posts on our terrible history  and  nasty undercurrent 'old school  egrigore  that still exists in some people .

 

As recent as 1931 

 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/rottnest-island-black-prison-to-white-playground/7962940?nw=0

 

https://australian.museum/learn/first-nations/genocide-in-australia/

 

Quote

3 weeks of madness left. And further madness following. 

Voting in person began here today with Gorgeous fall weather.

Old day to clean the truck, do all kinds of things, vote? Naw not me.

If you do go out and vote, remember your mask, take your temperature, B)

 

Edited by Nungali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 5:43 AM, old3bob said:

 

Indeed and I wonder how many other people have noticed that?  Btw any average cat would probably spray trump in the face, then run before the "authorities" got to him!  That reminds me of an episode at a zoo that had multiple tiger and leopard cages that people could walk by and get fairly close to the cats.   Well this one tiger was full of mischief and or anger for being caged but he would occasionally get some revenge by suddenly spraying people through the enclosure wire  if they got close enough;  I could swear that tiger had an evil grin on his face after he got me with a glancing spray as I was telling my kids what a magnificent animal he was!

 

Sucked in.

 

I remember years back at Taronga Zoo in Sydney. With GF, pressing close to the Gorilla cage (behind bars ). people are commenting and saying various human BS , gorilla looks like he is getting pissed off . He drops a turd in his hand and the crowd "Ewww ... gross !"   he starts sticking his finger in it and stirring it around ... its like he doesnt know what it is or where it came from .   In disgust the crowd moves forward to get a closer look   (people are like that   :D )  . Me " Let's move to the back of the crowd . "

 

GF;  "Why ?"

 

Me :   " You will find out in a minute . "

 

Now the gorilla has broken the turd up into little bits , chunks and smears ..... and 

 

well, guess what 'dumb'  gorilla did next   ?       Got just about every one in the front 2 rows  with some of it .

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

 

I didnt know that .  

 

....    "You can judge a man by the way he treats a dog. "   

 

dogs are not as smart as cats in certain ways, for instance its pretty dam hard to impossible to bullshit a cat about your feelings without them catching on right away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, old3bob said:

Damia, if your parents or grandparents or other close relatives or friends were dead because of trump's horrible mishandling of covid 19 maybe then your posts wouldn't be so uninformed and childish...

 

Isnt death unevitable?  Do you know something that i dont know?  Do you have closer relation with the one  who has become death and destroyed worlds and later made peace with himself? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very childish to blame the things we cant do a thing about on others. And fathers and mothers enjoy seeing their kids do such things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites