8 minutes ago, Apech said:

0:52

At :52 she's hugged, and the shop keeper says 'She loves it' but Pelosi doesn't say its Hug A Chinese day. 

Its actually a day in February when she and Trump were kind of inline, saying keep things normal. 

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Fine, you have a sense of humor but you didn't get the joke I made.  Again the writer I posted to did.

After almost 4 years of Trumpian antics, a sense of humor is much needed.  Otherwise, you'd go a little nuts.   Also needed is voting to get him out. 

Yes, please vote him out !

I cant believe some people there , who seem smart to me ,   do not vote at all !

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Yes, please vote him out !

I cant believe some people there , who seem smart to me ,   do not vote at all !

I got a mail in vote, but won't use it.  I'm too afraid it'll get lost, get delayed, or somehow be considered wrong.  I'm voting in person, early, meaning I have to take the letter with me.  And nationally voting straight Democratic to send a message to Republicans that they should have had more backbone. 

My neighbor across the street, good friend, strict Republican, nothing will change him.  Another friend I had dinner with yesterday is a strict libertarian.. he I might have a chance with. 

Unless there's a huge 'October Surprise' current polling is showing a Biden victory by a good margin.  But can't take anything for granted.  Trump is literally calling for the arrest of his opponents, now and from 4 years ago.  Yet the latest NY Times report shows a $21 million Trump to Trump loan that may be a felony.  For all his leading chants of Lock them Up, there's a chance he'll find himself in the hoosegow. 

I went to vote once and they  " But you have already voted today ."

Nope . that was someone else ..... then they couldnt find me on the role , so I had to go through all this BS just to vote .

Then I get a fine in the mail for not voting !    Then all the BS to clear that up .   But I persist .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, thelerner said:

At :52 she's hugged, and the shop keeper says 'She loves it' but Pelosi doesn't say its Hug A Chinese day. 

Its actually a day in February when she and Trump were kind of inline, saying keep things normal. 

Look I don't care really but she does hug also later in the vid.  The message - fear of the virus is racially motivated ... when the epicentre at that time was in China - so come on!  everyone got the early reaction wrong let's face it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

100 million Americans.  The silent majority.  Which both vocal minorities love to hate.  

No one wants to hear what it is that has silenced us.  Not the democrats and not the republicans. The right accuse us of playing left field, the left, of playing right field.  In reality we play neither because neither is our field.  And every time we try to make a peep about it, we get shouted down from left and right.  What choice do we have but to remain silent?..

Most things of absolutely vital importance to me personally and which I personally (that's I, me, not you, does everyone understand the difference?..  I'm no clone of yours.  Quit shaming 100 million of your countrymen for not having been carved out of your rib) -- 

-- things I see as the choice between humanity making it or not are never discussed by either party. 

The silence is deafening and that's all I can hear.  

I don't care to vote for the brand of rope they're going to hang us with.  I don't care to vote for the caliber of the firing squad's bullets, I don't care to vote for the odd or even number of steps leading to the guillotine.  Give me an option to vote against all of these and I'll vote the hell out of every election. 

Hasn't happened yet.  Don't see it happening.  

Staying with the silent majority.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

100 million Americans.  The silent majority.  Which both vocal minorities love to hate.  

No one wants to hear what it is that has silenced us.  Not the democrats and not the republicans. The right accuse us of playing left field, the left, of playing right field.  In reality we play neither because neither is our field.  And every time we try to make a peep about it, we get shouted down from left and right.  What choice do we have but to remain silent?..

Most things of absolutely vital importance to me personally and which I personally (that's I, me, not you, does everyone understand the difference?..  I'm no clone of yours.  Quit shaming 100 million of your countrymen for not having been carved out of your rib) -- 

-- things I see as the choice between humanity making it or not are never discussed by either party. 

I don't care to vote for the brand of rope they're going to hang us with.  I don't care to vote for the caliber of the firing squad's bullets, I don't care to vote for the odd or even number of steps leading to the guillotine.  Give me an option to vote against all of these and I'll vote the hell out of every election. 

I shall join you, for you are wise and the pawn of no one.

• Thanks 1

Arrrggh !

Your horrible infection is in my country now !    God damn 'American Virus '  !    :angry:

I went out to to coast to 'little city' to pick up some building supplies.  here I am, minding my own business, waiting for a green arrow to turn into Bunnings ,  on the other side of  and underneath the globe,  in friggin Australia, of all paces .

And the Van in front of me has a Trunp sticker on it  !

What the far F%$#0! hell has &*%xxx$(*  !$%x^&*  got to do with(%x^%$   )  and why  (U&%T *&%&ghi X  . . . . .

image.png.d71506b3b615af96a91486120c4df4cb.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

Arrrggh !

Your horrible infection is in my country now !    God damn 'American Virus '  !    :angry:

I went out to to coast to 'little city' to pick up some building supplies.  here I am, minding my own business, waiting for a green arrow to turn into Bunnings ,  on the other side of  and underneath the globe,  in friggin Australia, of all paces .

And the Van in front of me has a Trunp sticker on it  !

What the far F%$#0! hell has &*%xxx$(*  !$%x^&*  got to do with(%x^%$   )  and why  (U&%T *&%&ghi X  . . . . .

image.png.d71506b3b615af96a91486120c4df4cb.png

agreed, wtf !   (like a bad sci-fi movie gone real and could get 100 times worse)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

dems have talked about and done a whole lot more things to help the planet than most of the repubs who will bull doze most  of it under to make a buck as long as they have their private resorts like Mar-a-Lago to play golf at.  NRDC and similar organizations along with a lot of dems (and maybe a few repubs?) are fighting every day to help the planet, like saving the Alaskan wilderness preserve that trump has pushed hard to "drill baby drill" ! trump has also turned back or nixed the better pollution standards (that were improved by the dems) for millions of vehicles in the near future!  I remember well the air pollution in southern California back in the 60's and 70's.  In Riverside you couldn't even walk outside without choking and your eyes burning during average smog  alerts, which sometimes got much worse !  (the smog from leaded gas also got inside your house to some degree,  you must know what I mean?)

Anyway, with all the trees burning in California and elsewhere come early spring I hope some of the "silent majority" will plant some new trees, thus not remain completely silent instead of " cutting off a nose to spite a face".

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, thelerner said:

yes, exactly.  That's what I've been saying ad nauseum.  That's what I think your approach may do.  I've rarely seen preachers on corners preaching imminent doom with megaphones, persuade people. 

I think there's better ways. 

that holds some truth when only based on floating opinions, and unproven ideas or facts...but in the case of trump we have far more than that, for we have proven body counts and double or triple of that with mourning of their family and friends!  We also have proven and drastic climate change hand in hand with major ocean changes and vast areas of forest burning worldwide!!  We have proven increases of violence around the world and other forms of human suffering from war, drought, floods, hurricanes, etc.  None of that is preaching per-se, more like bringing up verified and recorded  facts which trump and his ilk mostly lie about at a rate of 30,000 times and more! 

Edited by old3bob

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

Anyway, with all the trees burning in California and elsewhere come early spring I hope some of the "silent majority" will plant some new trees, thus not remain completely silent instead of " cutting off a nose to spite a face".

This is the view from the high school I graduated from, long ago, far away, opposite the library I frequented (no, not to study, to hunt for all sorts of extracurricular books.) I planted these roses when I was in the 9th grade.  Do you want to know what happened to this "city of a million roses" in 2014-2016 and what it had to do with Mr. Biden?..

Nevermind.  Enjoy the roses and trust me when I tell you they smelled, intensely, of paradise -- in a city as polluted as the one you describe, that also cleaned up its act around the same time to win the "cleanest industrial city in the world" title with nary a Democrat (or to be fair a Republican) in sight to claim the accomplishment.  

√ź√ź¬į√ź¬ļ √ź¬ł√ź¬∑√ź¬ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬ł√ź¬Ľ√Ď√Ď √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬Ķ√Ď√ź¬ļ √ź¬∑√ź¬į √ź¬Ņ√ź¬ĺ√Ď√ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬ī√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬ł√ź¬Ķ 10 √ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√Ď... - √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬≤√ź¬ĺ√Ď√Ď√ź¬ł √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬Ķ√Ď√ź¬ļ√ź¬į - √ź¬Ę√ź¬Ķ√ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬≥√Ď√ź¬į√Ď

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

I for one would be interested to hear your feelings/ analysis of post 2014 events there!

Thank you.  I would have to write a book...  only to see it banned.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

This is the view from the high school I graduated from, long ago, far away, opposite the library I frequented (no, not to study, to hunt for all sorts of extracurricular books.) I planted these roses when I was in the 9th grade.  Do you want to know what happened to this "city of a million roses" in 2014-2016 and what it had to do with Mr. Biden?..

Nevermind.  Enjoy the roses and trust me when I tell you they smelled, intensely, of paradise -- in a city as polluted as the one you describe, that also cleaned up its act around the same time to win the "cleanest industrial city in the world" title with nary a Democrat (or to be fair a Republican) in sight to claim the accomplishment.  

√ź√ź¬į√ź¬ļ √ź¬ł√ź¬∑√ź¬ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬ł√ź¬Ľ√Ď√Ď √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬Ķ√Ď√ź¬ļ √ź¬∑√ź¬į √ź¬Ņ√ź¬ĺ√Ď√ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬ī√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬ł√ź¬Ķ 10 √ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√Ď... - √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬≤√ź¬ĺ√Ď√Ď√ź¬ł √ź√ź¬ĺ√ź¬Ĺ√ź¬Ķ√Ď√ź¬ļ√ź¬į - √ź¬Ę√ź¬Ķ√ź¬Ľ√ź¬Ķ√ź¬≥√Ď√ź¬į√Ď

umm, so we still plant more roses and trees, and support those who do, right?

Planting trees is always good but to really make an impact it has to be a big, concerted effort. Making it simply a moral choice of concerned individuals will fail to achieve results. The New Deal saw an army of tree planters around the country- where I live, for instance, had been largely clear-cut but nowadays it is forested thanks to that project. That kind of government project nowadays is unthinkable under either party. The Biden campaign is talking from both sides of its mouths, sometimes claiming to support a Green New Deal and disavowing it in other contexts. What that likely means is that there is no intention of any kind of concerted effort that does not depend on "market solutions".

1 hour ago, SirPalomides said:

Planting trees is always good but to really make an impact it has to be a big, concerted effort. Making it simply a moral choice of concerned individuals will fail to achieve results. The New Deal saw an army of tree planters around the country- where I live, for instance, had been largely clear-cut but nowadays it is forested thanks to that project. That kind of government project nowadays is unthinkable under either party. The Biden campaign is talking from both sides of its mouths, sometimes claiming to support a Green New Deal and disavowing it in other contexts. What that likely means is that there is no intention of any kind of concerted effort that does not depend on "market solutions".

a lot to be said for that...although I think the dems and more so with the younger folks could  get going on the matter pretty fast as is needed.   Also the planting of ten-thousand+ trees begins with just one ; so I say even one appropriate type tree in your yard to start is something and the birds and bugs will use it besides it making some O2 and taking in some cO2! 

We had a really rough storm about 40 days ago that hammered the hell out of most trees and plants.  It went from 75 degrees with light wind one day to 26 degrees the next day with 80-85 mph winds along with heavy wet snow!  I tried to open my front door in the middle of it but gave up because of conditions!

Edited by old3bob

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

umm, so we still plant more roses and trees, and support those who do, right?

Given what I see in my trusty crystal ball, I'd rather support those who fight for the right to plant vegetable gardens in their backyard (and front yard too, and on vacant lots if that's all they have access to toward growing their own food) and engage in other kinds of  small-scale personal sustainable farming.  Many states have a long-standing and growing tendency to illegalize either most or even all such attempts at even minimal urban and suburban food sustainability.  Zoning ordinances require us to incessantly run millions of stinky noisy lawnmowers over barren grass lawns instead.  There's 40 million acres of lawn in the US.  There's an ordinance for every single one of them I suspect.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

To an extent its the same here  ; one is as bad as the other  but   .......   Trump  !

ya gotta vote him out !

Wow ! Okay, it seems the country you live in is a LOT further 'down the tube' than the one I live in .  It also seems you feel a lot more personally threatened by disastrous consequences but to happen .

yeah, I can dig that ... but  ..... Trump  ! 

Speaks for itself doesnt it ?   We had a problem here with Howard  the Coward , he refused to sanction and apology to Aboriginals for past injustices , and essential first step to begin the long healing process . To not do so would cause  BIG problems into the future .  We even held protests everywhere and blocked the Sydney Harbour Bridge  full of people marching through the city ..... nope !

We all knew  voting for the others wasnt any better .... except we needed Howard out .  And we got him out .  And the new guy, although a total dick and nearly as bad , made the official apology .

So I kinda agree with you .... except  for  ...... Trump .

You guys gotta vote him out !

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Given what I see in my trusty crystal ball, I'd rather support those who fight for the right to plant vegetable gardens in their backyard (and front yard too, and on vacant lots if that's all they have access to toward growing their own food) and engage in other kinds of  small-scale personal sustainable farming.  Many states have a long-standing and growing tendency to illegalize either most or even all such attempts at even minimal urban and suburban food sustainability.  Zoning ordinances require us to incessantly run millions of stinky noisy lawnmowers over barren grass lawns instead.  There's 40 million acres of lawn in the US.  There's an ordinance for every single one of them I suspect.  

that's a good one, more so for all backyards where anyone should be able to grow food compared to the front yards depending on how  people of the neighborhood want things to look.  You are right about lawns, especially big lawns being foolish as far as wasting drinking water goes unless water is overly  abundant; but even worse than that are the chemicals like roundup getting into the food chain and poising all of us !!

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nungali said:

To an extent its the same here  ; one is as bad as the other  but   .......   Trump  !

ya gotta vote him out !

Wow ! Okay, it seems the country you live in is a LOT further 'down the tube' than the one I live in .  It also seems you feel a lot more personally threatened by disastrous consequences but to happen .

yeah, I can dig that ... but  ..... Trump  ! 

Speaks for itself doesnt it ?   We had a problem here with Howard  the Coward , he refused to sanction and apology to Aboriginals for past injustices , and essential first step to begin the long healing process . To not do so would cause  BIG problems into the future .  We even held protests everywhere and blocked the Sydney Harbour Bridge  full of people marching through the city ..... nope !

We all knew  voting for the others wasnt any better .... except we needed Howard out .  And we got him out .  And the new guy, although a total dick and nearly as bad , made the official apology .

So I kinda agree with you .... except  for  ...... Trump .

You guys gotta vote him out !

and once out he should be tried in court for hundreds of issues!!