long perfect summer days at the beach

seeing nests of black window spiders in an abandoned house down the street

playing with mercury from broken mercury switch's

crashing skateboards that had cheap metal wheels

caught pilfering candy bars at the 7-11 and getting slapped by the clerk

way shy of girls and sometimes being tormented by my older sisters

building tumble weed forts with buddies and chasing lizards for hours

pinning an assailant in a headlock and scissors combination until he said uncle

almost passing out from smoking cigarettes, Winston's were good,  not so much for Camels 

only getting caught a few times out of several dozens of incidents (no details)

seeing a painting of Moses thinking he was God

first time I heard the "flight of the bumble bee" in our music class

getting the paddle at school and more so at home
drive in movies with bad speakers hanging from the car door window...

and on and on...

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 5

Very little buzz for Green party Howie Hawkins. Looking like he will not be on the ballots of Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. Hawkins was not a threat to siphon off Biden votes and it seems unlikely that a potential Green party voter would actually vote for Biden. Most likely, Green voters will stay at home and sadly, consider alternatives like DGR.  

40 days of Madness until Election day. 

19 hours ago, Apech said:

jesus you must be as ancient as me!!!

Moi aussi!

And I’m from Maryland and vividly remember those early crooks with a nostalgic fondness. Ours are so much worse now.

• Haha 1

I remember milk being delivered.

@steve - does Moi aussi mean My Ass?

Edited by manitou
  • Haha 2

On 9/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, Apech said:

withdraw troops and work to make ourselves economically and energy non-dependent on these states.  Which of the great candidates is promising this?

I'm pretty we're already energy independent<The IER agrees*>.  Even shipping oil and gas to other countries. 

I don't think we're in any shooting wars either.  We have troops in Syria, but just a fraction of what we had.  The troops are less combat and more visual 'Big Stick' I think.  To some extent we have Trump to thank for that.  Course he's often pro-military, definitely pro military budget, even though lately he's calling his own generals warmongers who feed the military machine.  Though he's been the one pushing for bigger budgets, and even creating a new military group. 

Compared to the past we are unusually peaceful.  Not that our military budget reflects that. Plus some tensions are high, but not boiling.   And we're energy independent. 

*https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/fossil-fuels/gas-and-oil/the-united-states-was-energy-independent-in-2019-for-the-first-time-since-1957/

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

"In 2019, the United States exported about 8.47 MMb/d of petroleum to about 190 countries and 4 U.S. territories. Crude oil exports of about 2.98 MMb/d accounted for 35% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports in 2019. The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about 0.67 MMb/d in 2019.."

umm, that is very optimistic  lerner....trumps love  buddy in North Korea kills whenever  he pleases and is perfecting his missiles , trumps hero Putin kills whenever he pleases and is sending his ships and jet fighters to dangerously harass our military,  trumps pals in several other places are killing whenever they please,  trump has indirectly killed an "x" number American citizens with lies about and through downplaying covid 19!  Btw. trump is inciting violence in one way or another almost everyday, some of which has led to horrible deaths, trump is destroying the environment  24/7 which is leading to suffering and early deaths,  trump is trying to destroy American democracy and has done so with many good American institutions which will and has  lead to suffering and deaths...anyway there is another 100-200 examples of further details, thus I see nothing to be thankful to trump for including him taking credit for or giving blame to things he has no control over,  or does fake PR for at his violent rallies ...

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

I'm pretty we're already energy independent<The IER agrees*>.  Even shipping oil and gas to other countries. 

Do you think he has ties with the fracking industry, or mainly just OPEC?

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

, trumps hero Putin […] is sending his ships and jet fighters to dangerously harass our military

To anyone familiar with the development of NATO since 1991, this is a hilariously ignorant statement.

1 hour ago, SirPalomides said:

To anyone familiar with the development of NATO since 1991, this is a hilariously ignorant statement.

saying it's "hilarious" is a truly ignorant,  flippant and shallow statement being that a mis-step by either side during such encounters could result in a serious and deadly regional conflict involving whatever forces are present at the time of such incidents and which could also escalate much further!    Does that mean the US has not also tested Russian boundaries with military forces to whatever extant, no but if we had done as many careless close encounters as the Russians it would be all over international news!!   (with undeniable photos and verified reports like we have of them pulling crap, including what they have pulled on other countries besides ours)

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 1

if you are advocating for Russian forces just come out and say it instead of putting down western forces, also if you are a citizen of a western or Nato related country you can renounce your citizenship and move to Moscow and get citizenship there where it sounds like you would feel at home.

Voter turnout in the swing states is going to determine this.

Overall voter turnout has been trending lower since 2008,

61.6 %, 2012 58.6, 2016 58.1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

if you are advocating for Russian forces just come out and say it instead of putting down western forces, also if you are a citizen of a western or Nato related country you can renounce your citizenship and move to Moscow and get citizenship there where it sounds like you would feel at home.

Not "advocating for Russia's forces" or anyone else's, just interrupting the Neo-Reaganite/McCarthyite circle jerk on this thread with inconvenient facts

Edited by SirPalomides
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Voter turnout in the swing states is going to determine this.

Overall voter turnout has been trending lower since 2008,

61.6 %, 2012 58.6, 2016 58.1.

I get a sense (from a great distance) that the levels of motivation to turn out might be different - and the causes, by which I mean a mostly negative motivation on one side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

I get a sense (from a great distance) that the levels of motivation to turn out might be different - and the causes, by which I mean a mostly negative motivation on one side.

Someone remarked that there are many, many people in the USA who would gladly call an airstrike on their own neighborhood. Spite is a huge motivation for many people who have no expectation of getting any tangible benefit from any government. That's why the Democrats are foolish to continually prop up candidates who offer nothing but more of the same. Obama of course won in 2008 with his "Change!" slogan that elicited new enthusiasm from voters. The simple, vague idea that he represented something different led many people (myself included, I admit) to project unheard of hopes on the man, hopes which turned out to be unfounded but which were nevertheless politically motivating.

3 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Someone remarked that there are many, many people in the USA who would gladly call an airstrike on their own neighborhood. Spite is a huge motivation for many people who have no expectation of getting any tangible benefit from any government. That's why the Democrats are foolish to continually prop up candidates who offer nothing but more of the same. Obama of course won in 2008 with his "Change!" slogan that elicited new enthusiasm from voters. The simple, vague idea that he represented something different led many people (myself included, I admit) to project unheard of hopes on the man, hopes which turned out to be unfounded but which were nevertheless politically motivating.

Yes, I was amazed to find here in Portugal that someone had marketed a wine called 'Yes We Can' in the Obama first term.  No-one knew what it meant - I mean they spoke English ok but they had no idea why that slogan could have any meaning here in Europe or let alone in the US.  There's another wine called Dao which isn't bad and another called Dharma which is quite good.  All of which is irrelevant I realise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

that "someone" is full of bullshit unless they meant certain neo-nazis or white supremist types who have openly advocated and or carried out violence...  also what seems like your twisted enjoyment of speaking  like a fanatic devils advocate  is not hilarious but kind of sick 

Edited by old3bob

Minneapolis having second thoughts about defunding the police. 

37 days of madness.

SCOTUS 

Not much of a turnout in Portland for the proud boys. 

Has the change of the seasons calmed the summer of unrest?

For the first time in its 175 year history, Scientific  American endorses a candidate.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientific-american-endorses-joe-biden1/

• Like 1

the lady who accepted a nomination from trump has no integrity simply by the fact that she accepted it from a liar, tax cheat, sexist, racist, violence inciter, guilty of reckless manslaughter of thousands of citizens via denial and downplaying of covid 19, a  known sexual assaulter and probable rapist,  draft dodger, business and money fraud along the lines of  con man and scam artist,  unhinged and unqualified for his job, a great insult and disgrace to our military and intelligence forces, a corrupter or ignorer of laws,  a cheat on his wife with Stormy Daniels and the model, (forgot her name)  etc.,etc.,   I wish things were otherwise  for instance the lady having personal and legal honor  but because walks along side a beast with a smile on her face while she must know a lot of  what has factually been proven about him and what he  stands for - that to me amounts to her willingly flushing any honor down the toilet.  (like so many others in the trump cult)  

Edited by old3bob

11 minutes ago, old3bob said:

the lady who accepted a nomination from trump has no integrity simply by the fact that she accepted it from a liar, tax cheat, sexist, racist, violence inciter, guilty of reckless manslaughter of thousands of citizens via denial and downplaying of covid 19, a  known sexual assaulter and probable rapist,  draft dodger, business and money fraud along the lines of  con man and scam artist,  unhinged and unqualified for his job, a great insult and disgrace to our military and intelligence forces, a corrupter or ignorer of laws,  a cheat on his wife with Stormy Daniels and the model, (forgot her name)  etc.,etc.,   I wish things were otherwise  for instance the lady having personal and legal honor  but because walks along side a beast with a smile on her face while she must know a lot of  what has factually been proven about him and what he  stands for - that to me amounts to her willingly flushing any honor down the toilet.  (like so many others in the trump cult)  

Description of many politicians. Dont overlook the democrats scrapping #metoo because of "saint joe"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-metoo-blunder-11589559341

I think joe has a lead as of today, some swing states are polling 10% undecideds, so,,,,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zerostao said:

Description of many politicians. Dont overlook the democrats scrapping #metoo because of "saint joe"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-metoo-blunder-11589559341

I think joe has a lead as of today, some swing states are polling 10% undecideds, so,,,,

ok, some parts for many American politicians but never a combination package like trump is,  or on the scale of his very serious unethical and ugly destruction of decency and parts of American gov. and norms that had still been working for many of us citizens, along with certain of his proven crimes that he  has almost completely gotten away with!   

My last post started with "the lady" who is supposed to be a involved with justice not an unjust and mad dictator.

Edited by old3bob

for years many foolish and easily mislead people concerning trump have been saying,  "oh but he is a good business man.." which was and is a serious lie, one of his bigger ones that millions of people (including most of my relatives) swallowed hook, line and sinker! 

Now and finally some tax information is coming out on the biggest and most dangerous and destructive scam artist in American history

Edited by old3bob

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

for years many foolish and easily mislead people concerning trump have been saying,  "oh but he is a good business man.." which was and is a serious lie, one of his bigger ones that millions of people (including most of my relatives) swallowed hook, line and sinker! 

Now and finally some tax information is coming out on the biggest and most dangerous and destructive scam artist in American history

But it's questionable whether his followers will hear any of this.  That's the problem as I see it.  Fox is still focusing on any street destruction and scaring old people to death with their line-up of nightly inner city fires.  The other networks left those stories weeks ago.  So many other things are happening with Trump, but his people haven't a clue.  It's almost as though there needs to be a "truth network" to slow down all the spin.

• Like 2

I think there is always a need for the "truth network"

Where do i dial in for that network?

We could have a party and watch that one 24/7

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

I think there is always a need for the "truth network"

Where do i dial in for that network?

We could have a party and watch that one 24/7

We’d each have to tune to a different channel!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1