2 minutes ago, bax44 said:

and you continue the personal insults. Lol. Again, hypocrite. keep going though, your shadow is showing. 

Pay no mind to  things that actually ]matter like this...

Just keep worrying about big scary words.

Am I supposed to be impressed all of a sudden with this oh-so-important-looking junk? 

As for the insults, hah... Im only responding in kind, boy. Too hot for you? 

See... no expletives/swear words used nor needed here.

Now, thats impressive when someone still feels insulted despite the fact. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, C T said:

Am I supposed to be impressed all of a sudden with this oh-so-important-looking junk? 

As for the insults, hah... Im only responding in kind, boy. Too hot for you? 

See... no expletives/swear words used nor needed here.

Now, thats impressive when someone still feels insulted despite the fact. 

Wow. You are really ignorant. Now I see why you are oh so concerned about the chinese virus that comes from china being referred to as the chinese virus.

You didnt even look at the linK? I guess "cultivation" for years doesnt make one immune to having their head arrogantly tucked up their own ass. Goodbye.

Edited by bax44
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bax44 said:

Wow. You are really ignorant. You didnt even look at the linK? I guess "cultivation" for years doesnt make one immune to having their head arrogantly tucked up their own ass. Goodbye.

Years of cultivation helps to instantaneously know whats wheat and whats chaff. 

toodle-oo (waves)... remember now, don't be creasing your pants today.  

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, C T said:

Years of cultivation helps to instantaneously know whats wheat and whats chaff. 

toodle-oo (waves)... remember now, don't be creasing your pants today.  

Image result for bill murray gif kingpin

Edited by bax44

another good one about religion if you got time during your lockdown. Love George Carlin

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bax44 said:

Holy fuck you guys are out of your minds.

Flu comes from spain-"spanish flu"

Flu comes from China-"Chinese flu"

what in gods name is "racist" about that?  The oversensitivity reactions are likely to cause more problems. "Grown ups" dont get this bent out of shape over stuff like this, especially in a "crisis". This is the media playing on emotions and stirring shit up. Like I said, I dont even like Trump but going after him on something like this just reveals your total bias and lack of clarity.

also newsflash guys - "China, Chinese" isnt a race. 

My perspective, FWIW, is that the US is very polarized and sensitized, particularly since the 2016 election.

Racist propaganda, hate crimes, and legitimization of such postures has definitely worsened in the past few years.

At very least it's more explicit and out in the open. I suspect some of that is reactivity to having previously had a black president.

Much is related to poverty and desperation related to systemic abuse of the middle class by the elites.

Some is Trump and the GOP milking the fear, xenophobia, racism, and generalized frustration and anger from their base.

Real leaders would be taking tangible steps to reduce friction and sensitivity, particularly now.

The assholes that run the US (not limited to Trump and GOP) prefer to milk it and inflame it further to advance their agenda.

Consequently, something as "innocent" and benign as referring to a disease based on the country in which the first outbreak was recorded can certainly have the effect of being inflammatory, whether or not it was intended. 

In Trump's case, there is no question he is using it against China for any number of reasons.

Whether we call that racist or not, the downstream effect is that it emboldens and inflames the type of people that would use it as an excuse to attack someone based on race, religion, or ethnicity.

All you need do is recall things he's said at campaign rallies to know he does this intentionally to mobilize and unify ANYONE he thinks will vote for him and support his agenda.

He is a masterful when it comes to opportunism, manipulation, and misdirection. 

Although he appears to be coming apart at the seams recently.

Edited by steve
  • Like 5

Trump does seem to be coming apart and yet the Dems are ever ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A lot can change between now and November but Trump stumbling into a second term feels pretty inevitable at the moment. Joe Biden did a livestream today after being AWOL for nearly a week, and it was not an impressive sight- a minute or so of empty statements from a podium with a picture of his Delaware living room very obviously green-screened behind him. Wherever Biden is, I doubt he is at his house as his team claims. He is not well.

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

Trump does seem to be coming apart and yet the Dems are ever ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A lot can change between now and November but Trump stumbling into a second term feels pretty inevitable at the moment. Joe Biden did a livestream today after being AWOL for nearly a week, and it was not an impressive sight- a minute or so of empty statements from a podium with a picture of his Delaware living room very obviously green-screened behind him. Wherever Biden is, I doubt he is at his house as his team claims. He is not well.

He is also not electable... IMO

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Spotless said:

It is possible to see realities that are madness and understand fully that they are not only incorrect thinking but fully loss of tangible balancing points.

Hi Spotless,

Yes ~ when JIN & JANG come into focus...

ZlvxE2RhslDFr6cZkgAI1r42jqqXRTkI9wNYTGfVypzg2rFtbY9OJAZy5XDX0Nz7JF9kBU0joFTO6c8SKEW7pbdUXBTKKPC8NLlxp4nFrzMbcm8i5A=s0-d   yinyang.gif

Don't look at the images for too long.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bax44 said:

Holy fuck you guys are out of your minds.

Flu comes from spain-"spanish flu"

Flu comes from China-"Chinese flu"

what in gods name is "racist" about that?  The oversensitivity reactions are likely to cause more problems. "Grown ups" dont get this bent out of shape over stuff like this, especially in a "crisis". This is the media playing on emotions and stirring shit up. Like I said, I dont even like Trump but going after him on something like this just reveals your total bias and lack of clarity.

also newsflash guys - "China, Chinese" isnt a race. 

the Spanish flu was like 100 years ago, and compared to our times there is almost zero to compare because of the major changes in cultures and peoples ways of socially thinking and inter-acting across the board!  (including sizes of melting pot cities, along with drastic changes in all technologies, more so being in travel and mass transportation making them a big factor in a pandemic...add all those to trump's blame game connotations directed towards  those who are rabid, believe any lie, and often violent part of his base and its like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

next up on the insanity train: the Lt. Governor of Texas is willing to soon roll back on expert medical directives and advise  and risk his life (and obviously the lives of others!)  to get the economy and money rolling again...thus not even give the medical scientists and medical doctors and hospitals more than a week or two to make progress against the potential outcome of far more numbers of deaths....is he and like minded people totally brain and soul dead?  Have they not watched the news coming out of Italy as just one example?   (600-700 deaths a day!)  All indicators are that if trump, his family members and buddies got infected and some of them died he would probably  still opt for the money.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, bax44 said:

Wow I really cant believe people get bent out of shape over him using the word chinese flu. Where did it come from? china. You do realize its still called the "spanish flu" right? Why hasnt anyone stepped in to protect the poor spaniards feelings? Ebola is a river in africa. Surely we must change this as well. 

19 hours ago, bax44 said:

Opportunistic parasites trying to forward their agenda [...]

Time for a very brief history lesson.

The Spanish flu is called such owing to the agenda(s) of those in power not wanting to decrease the morale of their soldiers during World War I. Spain was neutral, and the statistics reported there were more honest - creating the illusion Spain was harder hit, and basically an epicenter which it wasn't. 

:End of ever so brief history lesson.:

Given this, your analogy fails, and actually does more to support the arguments of those you're attempting to argue with. The people in power spin narratives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

ET7jMdCUwAAcrH6?format=jpg&name=small

Going out tonight Stevie?

😘

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, ilumairen said:

The Spanish flu is called such owing to the agenda(s) of those in power not wanting to decrease the morale of their soldiers during World War I. Spain was neutral, and the statistics reported there were more honest - creating the illusion Spain was harder hit, and basically an epicenter which it wasn't. 

Exactly, it was called Spanish flu to insult Spain. 

Early in the pandemic the US made it against the law, punishable by jail, to talk about the pandemic.  That stupidity and a couple of giant parades cost many lives.  On the otherhand in war time, crazy and paranoid are the norms. 

Words have power and create consequences.  Chinese Americans are being hassled, hurt and blamed by bumpkins who think they're to blame.  imo better to keep the description medical, covid19.

Don't know if it was real or not.  You never do these days, but there was picture purportedly showing Trump's speech and it had the word Corona crossed out, and written in its place Chinese.  As if someone changed it last minute for...reasons.. red meat? 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

That picture of Nancy Pelosi is astounding.  I can only imagine how exhausted she is.  And how far down into a hole we'd be without her, IMO.  This woman is a Queen.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, old3bob said:

next up on the insanity train: the Lt. Governor of Texas is willing to soon roll back on expert medical directives and advise  and risk his life (and obviously the lives of others!)  to get the economy and money rolling again...thus not even give the medical scientists and medical doctors and hospitals more than a week or two to make progress against the potential outcome of far more numbers of deaths....is he and like minded people totally brain and soul dead?  Have they not watched the news coming out of Italy as just one example?   (600-700 deaths a day!)  All indicators are that if trump, his family members and buddies got infected and some of them died he would probably  still opt for the money.

If nobody in the Trump family gets the virus, I will truly be suspicious as to the providence of this whole thing.  I risk sitting at the edge of conspiracy theories

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, manitou said:

That picture of Nancy Pelosi is astounding.  I can only imagine how exhausted she is.  And how far down into a hole we'd be without her, IMO.  This woman is a Queen.

that doctored photo is from a mia alt-right/fox news nut job

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, manitou said:

If nobody in the Trump family gets the virus, I will truly be suspicious as to the providence of this whole thing.  I risk sitting at the edge of conspiracy theories

I wasn't thinking that way, but as of last night, there's been a bit of it, since I read the lack of stipulations and the focus of the stimulus package coffer raid.  Democraps and Republican'ts... two names for very similar dooky.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, ilumairen said:

Given this, your analogy fails, and actually does more to support the arguments of those you're attempting to argue with. The people in power spin narratives. 

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

On 3/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, silent thunder said:

After the depths already revealed, i can't imagine what 45  will try and get away with in the remaining months of his time in the seat... whenever, however he goes out, it's likely to be historically bad, even by current redonkulous common denominator standards...  

I honestly don't think he will leave the office willingly.  I think he's going to have to be ousted.  I think he might be setting himself to be a Putin, a Kim Jung Un, or a bin Salman.  For perpetuity.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:50 PM, old3bob said:

Oh thanks.  I mean, I know she's exhausted, but geeeez....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, manitou said:

I honestly don't think he will leave the office willingly.  I think he's going to have to be ousted.  I think he might be setting himself to be a Putin, a Kim Jung Un, or a bin Salman.  For perpetuity.

agreed, if he goes it will be with violent kicking, screaming, scratching, and bloody biting...maybe not that literally but in every other way,

for he is way beyond being helped by the best shrinks in the country!