goodness prevails in the end because it is rooted in quintessential Truth and Spirit, yet and in the meantime "it didn't have to be this bad"

which is little consolation if it will take millions or billions of years to recover from destructive forces of anti-dharma which mock and laugh at anything but determined willpower and wisdom that stands against them...is there (edit) an easy retreat or escape to the un-manifest, not really in the sense that the manifest and karma's  must also be worked with and through...  

Edited by old3bob

2 hours ago, Apech said:

If I were American I would be asking myself why, in four years all the dems. could come up with is Biden - I mean really? 

I am, and I have.

First the “me too” movement, and now the supplantation with the “blm” movement. (Look into the prelude to the Kenosha riots.) The dems hope to cash in on outrage over the presentation of substance imo. And the population will pay a price either way..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apech said:

I read some of these posts about Trump and I feel that everyone is in the grip of the very fucked up energies that caused him to arise in the first place.   If I were American I would be asking myself why, in four years all the dems. could come up with is Biden - I mean really?  This is hope? 

This culture is virtually immune to any kind of historical consciousness apart from what is momentarily supplied in the news cycle. That goes as much for Democratic partisans as for the MAGA crowd. Hence the drive to focus on Trump as if he is an incarnate demon who came from nowhere, or, even better, blame everything on foreign interference. Putin is apparently this supreme Bond villain mastermind guiding world events from the Kremlin, never mind that Russia has its own internal problems and dysfunctions (other countries with real people don't actually exist in this way of thinking). The idea that Trump might be fairly logical outcome of a deeply diseased political system is apparently too horrifying to even acknowledge.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Paying the same price that was paid in Yeat's time and place; `cept, I dread will be far worse. Treading lightly, into a horrifying unthinkable 

dark fairytale beyond diminishing returns, through the gates of no return. On a misty morning, mild and fair, riding in sorrow, found ourselves there.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I am, and I have.

First the “me too” movement, and now the supplantation with the “blm” movement. (Look into the prelude to the Kenosha riots.) The dems hope to cash in on outrage over the presentation of substance imo. And the population will pay a price either way..

In what way will the population pay a price?

53 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I am, and I have.

It seems to me that the nomination of Biden was an enormous statement of indifference to both Me Too and BLM, if not a repudiation. Indeed I vaguely recall some DNC operatives publicly walking back previous pro-Me Too statements once allegations about Biden started surfacing. But yes, for other Dems, there is plenty of exploitation of outrage over substance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

It seems to me that the nomination of Biden was an enormous statement of indifference to both Me Too and BLM, if not a repudiation. Indeed I vaguely recall some DNC operatives publicly walking back previous pro-Me Too statements once allegations about Biden started surfacing. But yes, for other Dems, there is plenty of exploitation of outrage over substance.

Regarding the hypocrisy around the “me too” movement (as it relates to Biden):

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-tara-reade-sexual-assault-allegation-me-too-column/3040158001/

Regarding “blm” supplanting “me too” I am referring to Biden’s (imo) capitalizing on (and exploitation of) the shooting of Jacob Blake, and the deeper reasons the police were called as they relate to allegations of rape.

9 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Outrage over substance?

1. Beginning of a world wide pandemic which is growing worse by the minute.

2. Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW).

3. An authoritarian fascist in the Oval Office who will do anything to be reelected. Trump is running a criminal enterprise from the WH.

4. Destruction of the environment.

5. Right wing theocracy.

6. QAnon cult.

Plenty to be outraged about based on substance.

• Like 1

Well let's be clear that neither Me Too or BLM are centralized movements. While some people who had loudly supported "Me Too" before (e.g. Alyssa Milano) adopted a double standard for Biden, others did not.

The shooting of Jacob Blake was a crime regardless of the purpose for which officers were called to the scene. Now, when Biden tries to exploit it, that's a different story, considering his background in segregationism and mass incarceration.

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

Outrage over substance?

3. An authoritarian fascist in the Oval Office who will do anything to be reelected. Trump is running a criminal enterprise from the WH.

5. Right wing theocracy.

6. QAnon cult.

There is plenty indeed to be outraged about, and there is plenty to feign outrage about while having no plan to do anything about it in office.

• Like 2

debates in the still existing luxury of  being able to do so and paid for at an extremely high price is not guaranteed to last forever...and the price is getting higher by the minute for deadly global climate change is taking place, or war and massive, even planetary annihilation by unhinged madmen like trump is quite possible thus ending our often "armchair quarterback" political analysis. 

Biden is far from perfect but is a human being  that most of us can deal with and be worked with, whereas trump can not be dealt with or worked with and anyone who thinks he can be is a blind or blinded fool !

Just now, SirPalomides said:

Well let's be clear that neither Me Too or BLM are centralized movements. While some people who had loudly supported "Me Too" before (e.g. Alyssa Milano) adopted a double standard for Biden, others did not.

The shooting of Jacob Blake was a crime regardless of the purpose for which officers were called to the scene. Now, when Biden tries to exploit it, that's a different story, considering his background in segregationism and mass incarceration.

To be clear, it is only the exploitation, and alignment with one movement over another I refer to, that and what (to me) looks like blatant hypocrisy..

Politicians (imo) tend to exploit whatever serves their immediate purpose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ralis said:

Outrage over substance?

5. Right wing theocracy.

6. QAnon cult.

Can you tell me how and what way specifically Biden is an answer to any of this?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

To be clear, it is only the exploitation, and alignment with one movement over another I refer to, that and what (to me) looks like blatant hypocrisy..

Politicians (imo) tend to exploit whatever serves their immediate purpose.

You know that 'politician', 'policy' and all related words derive from the ancient words for city - like the Sanskrit 'pur' or Greek 'polis'.  So politics is basically about ways to govern people in city states - which is essentially an artificial and unfree state.  How to keep people quiet, distracted, at each other throats, in exactly the right degrees that they do not threaten the established hierarchy.  As cities were 'hills' with a power structure - and inevitably someone, or some group at the top.  So you can't expect any more from them that they at least do this well, with some expertise and not in a clumsy manner which makes things worse.  Above this you might hope for them to have enough humanity (or self interest) not to let the poor starve and the sick go unattended.  Exploitation of events is their very meat.

We as cultivators are enjoined (in Buddhism at least) to live at the edge of town like a wounded animal, that is separate but not completely in the wilds.  Because our energies are towards self-governance, wisdom and a genuine compassion for others.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Apech said:

Can you tell me how and what way specifically Biden is an answer to any of this?

Sure, he's not trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, moment said:

Sure, he's not trump.

Just like most people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moment said:

Sure, he's not trump.

Amazing, so being a separate organism from the present occupant of the White House magically determines that one has a ready-made solution to all the world's problems.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just like most people.

Hopefully true!

Edited by moment
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Amazing, so being a separate organism from the present occupant of the White House magically determines that one has a ready-made solution to all the world's problems.

You are better than ready-made assumptions! Trump is a verified, proven, menace and even if less than ideal, Biden is the only real alternative provided here and now.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SirPalomides said:

That is not even the beginning of an answer to Apech's question.

Amazingly enough, it was for me.

• Like 1

Interesting and insightful commentary here, and peaceful! (yay) I rarely dip my toe into political discussion with anyone outside of family and friends as I find it unsupportive. I take Apech’s approach primarily.

For those interested in this question of who is really pulling the strings I suggest a book that was “pre-Trump” but quite to the point - “The Devil's Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government” by David Talbot. Warning - it does not induce optimism but does give some insight into who is making the important decisions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Apech said:

Just like most people.

And some of us would welcome “most people” over Trump, literally.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Running Biden now is striking,y similar to Mondale '84.

The working class has walked away from the democrats, en masse. 

Once, that was the base.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, moment said:

Sure, he's not trump.

That was basically hrc's campaign in a nutshell. 

• Like 2