13 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Let's just say, McCain may have been sincere, but he was not 诚

Sincere but, not sincere? Whatever!

Edited by moment

let's just say that McCain was a decent, honest human being who honorably served his country for a very long time ,  while trump is the dangerously sick and pathogenic opposite of that in every way!

• Like 1

Jun 30, 2020 - Politics & Policy

Poll: Republican satisfaction with state of the country drops to record-low 19%

By Orion Rummler

Republican satisfaction with the way things are going in the U.S. has dropped significantly since April, falling close to Democratic dissatisfaction, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center.

Why it matters: Until June 30, Republican satisfaction with the state of the country had stayed above 50% for nearly all of Trump’s presidency, according to Pew. The latest survey shows 19% of Republicans and those who lean Republican are satisfied with the direction of the country, compared to 7% of Democrats and those who lean Democrat.

The big picture: President Trump's steady approval ratings within the Republican Party may be eroding as unemployment claims persist and coronavirus infections surge in most of the country. His response to protests against racial injustice earlier this month has also left top Republicans uneasy about his re-election prospects.

By the numbers: Joe Biden is leading Trump 54% to 44% when it comes to voter preference, with strong advantages over the incumbent in terms of temperament and empathy.

63% of Republicans say they feel angry about the state of the U.S., while nearly 78% of Democrats report the same.

56% of Republicans say they are fearful about the state of the country, while 75% of Democrats report the same — marking a wider partisan split.

Only one quarter of Republicans told Pew that they felt proud when thinking about the country in its current state.

Flashback: 74% of Americans said in an AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll earlier this month that the country is heading in the wrong direction, including 63% of Republicans — up from 42% in May.

Methodology: 4,708 adults — including 3,577 registered voters — surveyed in June 16-22 through a national, random sampling in Pew’s American Trends Panel (ATP). MOE ± 1.8 percentage points.

Edited by moment

On 6/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, SirPalomides said:

Ah, the old Cui Bono fallacy, beloved by conspiracy theorists everywhere. That Trump is unwittingly helping China and Russia through his stupidity does not prove that he is a puppet. By this same logic, Bush and Cheney were Iranian agents because Iran benefited more than anyone else from the Iraq invasion.

And again there are numerous cases where Trump has exacerbated problems for both China and Russia.

Turkey, under Erdogan, remains a US ally, and a key one. They are the second biggest military in NATO. That's why, when it came time to choose between Turkey and the Syrian Kurds, the choice was a no-brainer, and the Kurds were duly betrayed (as many had been predicting for years). Oh, and many of those Turkish-backed death squads who moved into Kurdish territory were armed and funded by the US, with enthusiastic support from your hero McCain. And you also brought up the case of Michael Flynn- you ever notice why the lapdog US media doesn't make nearly as much noise about his well-documented work for the Turkish state, compared to the extremely flimsy evidence about Trump's collusion with Russia? Because Turkey is still a US ally.

17, 50, 100 agencies, makes no difference when there is a common agenda, little evidence made public, and plenty of motivation to lie and obfuscate.

I'm quite pleased that you have invested me with such influence but rest assured no one cares what I think. The US is declining under the weight of its own malignant stupidity.

That's a lot of words to defend a manifestly soulless sociopath whose "service" consisted of bombing defenseless villages. "I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live." - John McCain, 2000 Say hi to Reagan in hell, John.

"That's a lot of words to defend a manifestly soulless sociopath whose "service" consisted of bombing defenseless villages. "I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live." - John McCain, 2000 Say hi to Reagan in hell, John.' "

That type of bigotry is wrong, but to be fair, he probably is referring to the vietcong and chinese interrogators, that tortured him on a daily basis, in a POW camp in Vietnam. You are probably aware of that context but, you seem more interested in trying to win arguments, or just roil things up, rather than arriving at any mutual understanding or healing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirPalomides said:

You know what, I need to cool down. I am acting like a jerk. I apologize to you moment.

And I thank you for your consideration and kindness!