4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

My mom, admittedly not a peer-reviewed source of unbiased medical info, told me that this has been a low year for the normal flu because of all of our social distancing efforts.  Thought that was interesting.

By implementing my own social distancing   ( one tenth of the procedure recommended now ) over the last 5 years , I have not had one incident of colds or flu .

Even if people stayed home when sick ... or just wore a mask when sick , so much  'normal flu' suffering and spread would greatly decrease . But the majority do not seem to care about that . 

Some people will cough right in your face .

here is a new one . people in town (a small town , so most know each other )  stop to talk in the supermarket ; abiding by social distancing they stand apart, either side of the isle , to get past them you have to walk between both streams of 'speaking spray', within the distance , now being exposed to TWO people .   If it  starts increasing in my area  , I will be  "  Move along , stop chatting , you are in my 'movement box'  !  "  

s-l640.jpg

Stock Prodder 83cm Dairy Beef FarmHand Shoof Stock Handling Farm - AU $99.95

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

And a few months back   China was accused of  doing similar .  Because CHINA IS NASTY and wants to get the rest of the world  :rolleyes:

Yeah, here Trump supporters are nasty and want to get 55% of the USA.

Edited by moment

Workers removed thousands of social distancing stickers before Trump’s Tulsa rally.

Eleven states have annouced today, that they are pausing or ending their re-openings because, of huge covid surges.

Edited by moment

EEedjuts !    In USA they know they should social distance but .... Trump Rally ! 

In Oz, they know they should social distance but ....  footie ! 

And now its rising again in Victoria , after we where doing so well.

Pathetic  , its like people that take on a task, meditation or practice  for a week and then after a few days .... "Ahhh that'll do , important other things are happening   ( that I might miss out on ) ."

• Like 2

Covid.. how we deal with it is practice, for something worse. 

It's a pandemic, not a plague, not a decimater or world ender.  That will come,  some day.  Our Black Plague, killing 25% or a Pox, which by some counts wiped out 90% of the American Indian population.  Whether we stop it, like we did SARS (40% mortality) or not is going to be based on whether our population can work together and be disciplined or not.

I understand the need to re-start our economies, but even there we can do it as safely and intelligently as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

It's a pandemic, not a plague, not a decimater or world ender.  That will come,  some day.  Our Black Plague, killing 25% or a Pox, which by some counts wiped out 90% of the American Indian population.  Whether we stop it, like we did SARS (40% mortality) or not is going to be based on whether our population can work together and be disciplined or not.

I understand the need to re-start our economies, but even there we can do it as safely and intelligently as possible. 

...I'd add that as long as we have a such an extreme, "clear and present danger" to America dwelling in the white house as potus along with most of the  GOP in cult like lock-step with him it is going to be very difficult to do things "safely and intelligently as possible' ! 

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

The other night while watching YouTube the SO clicked on a Tucker Carlson video. The bit watched before he grew disgusted and turned it off highlighted a likelihood Trump will not get re-elected, and started to discus how what should have easily been strengths going into election time had become weaknesses... 

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

It's a pandemic, not a plague, not a decimater or world ender.

Hi Michael,

I just drop by to share this...

I will be interviewed  tomorrow (29 June 2020) for work in domains linked to recoveries from COVID-19. I really don't know how to restart and I was thinking/searching for a Way the past couple of days.

I know now ~ I will embrace the RAINBOW (CHAKRAS...).

We all share ONE rainbow on Earth... let us not divide it. Re the chakras ~ the rainbow is also within each of us...

I will share the above video with those I am going to meet in COVID-19 recoveries.

Keep very safe and well.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correction
  • Like 1

On Quora was the question- 'I don't like either candidate, what should I do?'

This was a great non-partisan answer.

Nick Malik, Citizen, Voter, Patriot, Internationalist, American

The presidency is not a popularity contest. I does not matter if you “like” either one. What matters is your voice: in your opinion, which one is more likely to build the America that you want to live in?

That’s the one you should vote for.

It’s not an easy question to answer. It requires you to consider many things.

• Would my rights and freedoms, written into the constitution and laws of the country, be respected in my future America? Which candidate seems more likely to foster a future where my rights and freedoms are respected?
  • Which candidate seems more likely to surround himself with excellent advisors, capable of making decisions based on factual information? Who can I best trust to select these key leaders and to put them in charge of making huge decisions that affect millions of people, from health to education, from justice to defense, from the environment to energy.
  • What would that America look like: How and where would I work in that America? Who would be my neighbors? What industry would exist? How would I be educated? How would I be protected from crime?
  • Which candidate has presented the plans that I like the best for addressing the problems that the country faces? (note: we do not all agree what what those problems are. That’s the biggest reason why people disagree on the selected candidate). Do you have an idea of what the problems are?

It’s not easy to answer these questions but let me make one thing perfectly clear: as a citizen, it is absolutely required that you do so. You have no more important role to play in your own future and the future of your family, friends, community, and country than to answer the questions above and make choices based on those answers.

It’s not about Republican vs. Democrat. It’s not about Libertarian vs. Statist. It’s about right vs. wrong. As a Democratic Republic, we are responsible for organizing ourselves, governing ourselves, and building a country for ourselves. I know it’s a hassle but the alternatives, dictatorship or oligarchy, are far worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Michael,

I will be interviewed  tomorrow (29 June 2020) for work in domains linked to recoveries from COVID-19. I really don't know how to restart and I was thinking/searching for a Way the past couple of days.

Keep very safe and well.

- Anand

Good luck with the interviews, I hope they appreciate what a creative and visual guy you are.

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

On Quora was the question- 'I don't like either candidate, what should I do?'

This was a great non-partisan answer.

Nick Malik, Citizen, Voter, Patriot, Internationalist, American

The presidency is not a popularity contest. I does not matter if you “like” either one. What matters is your voice: in your opinion, which one is more likely to build the America that you want to live in?

That’s the one you should vote for.

It’s not an easy question to answer. It requires you to consider many things.

• Would my rights and freedoms, written into the constitution and laws of the country, be respected in my future America? Which candidate seems more likely to foster a future where my rights and freedoms are respected?
  • Which candidate seems more likely to surround himself with excellent advisors, capable of making decisions based on factual information? Who can I best trust to select these key leaders and to put them in charge of making huge decisions that affect millions of people, from health to education, from justice to defense, from the environment to energy.
  • What would that America look like: How and where would I work in that America? Who would be my neighbors? What industry would exist? How would I be educated? How would I be protected from crime?
  • Which candidate has presented the plans that I like the best for addressing the problems that the country faces? (note: we do not all agree what what those problems are. That’s the biggest reason why people disagree on the selected candidate). Do you have an idea of what the problems are?

It’s not easy to answer these questions but let me make one thing perfectly clear: as a citizen, it is absolutely required that you do so. You have no more important role to play in your own future and the future of your family, friends, community, and country than to answer the questions above and make choices based on those answers.

It’s not about Republican vs. Democrat. It’s not about Libertarian vs. Statist. It’s about right vs. wrong. As a Democratic Republic, we are responsible for organizing ourselves, governing ourselves, and building a country for ourselves. I know it’s a hassle but the alternatives, dictatorship or oligarchy, are far worse.

by almost any standard of reason, decent morals, ethics, competence, humanity, and experience it should be a no brainer,  except for those who have lost their minds...

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi Michael,

I know now ~ I will embrace the RAINBOW (CHAKRAS...).

We all share ONE rainbow on Earth... let us not divide it. Re the chakras ~ the rainbow is also within each of us...

I will share the above video with those I am going to meet in COVID-19 recoveries.

Keep very safe and well.

- Anand

Good luck to you Lima!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, old3bob said:

by almost any standard of reason, decent morals, ethics, competence, humanity, and experience it should be a no brainer,  except for those who have lost their minds...

and yet, here we are..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

EEedjuts !    In USA they know they should social distance but .... Trump Rally ! 

In Oz, they know they should social distance but ....  footie ! 

And now its rising again in Victoria , after we where doing so well.

Pathetic  , its like people that take on a task, meditation or practice  for a week and then after a few days .... "Ahhh that'll do , important other things are happening   ( that I might miss out on ) ."

So, last night I turn the news on the tv and the sport comes on and here they are playing football.  But no view of the stands. I wait and knowing a shot eventually must include it as background ... yep, they are all empty ... except for the front  10 or so rows  ??? Is that to cut down on main numbers , if so , why  ot spread them out ... and those first few rows, the  seats are close together  ... what ! ?

Then a closer shot reveals ....  they are  life size cardboard cutouts  of pictures of people   :D      It looked so funny .   I guess it was too expensive and too much work to fill the whole stadium with fake people ... but it looked even more stupid with just the front seats 'filled'.   I am sure I heard cheering in the background  ..... inserted 'voice over' ?

2057aa30-a387-11ea-bb7e-19ea1430f2d2

• Haha 2

It could solve a LOT of the spread problems ;

fill the supermarkets and cinemas with cardboard  cut out people  to cut down the spread .

• Like 2

Full speed ahead guys, keep going!!

"Do you realize that the past, starting from yesterday, has been actually abolished? If it survives anywhere, it's in a few solid objects with no words attached to them, like that lump of glass there. Already we know almost literally nothing about the Revolution and the years before the Revolution. Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right. I know, of course, that the past is falsified, but it would never be possible for me to prove it, even when I did the falsification myself. After the thing is done, no evidence ever remains. The only evidence is inside my own mind, and I don't know with any certainty that any other human being shares my memories. Just in that one instance, in my whole life, I did possess actual concrete evidence after the event – years after it."
- George Orwell, 1984
Edited by bax44

4 hours ago, bax44 said:

Full speed ahead guys, keep going!!

"Do you realize that the past, starting from yesterday, has been actually abolished? If it survives anywhere, it's in a few solid objects with no words attached to them, like that lump of glass there. Already we know almost literally nothing about the Revolution and the years before the Revolution. Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right. I know, of course, that the past is falsified, but it would never be possible for me to prove it, even when I did the falsification myself. After the thing is done, no evidence ever remains. The only evidence is inside my own mind, and I don't know with any certainty that any other human being shares my memories. Just in that one instance, in my whole life, I did possess actual concrete evidence after the event – years after it."
- George Orwell, 1984

Ah yes! As spoken through the character Winston Smith.

People often use quotes without proper context.  Much as this quote, which is really misleading, without more knowledge of Mr. Orwell and his many characters.

During the times of the aforementioned writings, George Orwell was dying of tuberculosis ( which probably  was contracted from a hospital, while recovering from a bullet wound to the neck(Spanish civil war)) a wound that he described as an "explosion to the mind" and because of those traumas, was extremely depressed.  He was desperately sick, grappling alone with the demons of his imagination in a bleak Scottish outpost in the desolate aftermath of the second world war.  His life was dystopian in the extreme.  He was in and out of psychotic breaks. Because of these things, he was always alternating between genius, depression, and complete utter nonsense, such as the above, at least when it is dangled---like this, alone.

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

trump kool-aid, a different version than what Jim Jones distributed but still deadly to the mind, heart and soul...

• Like 1

I found out 'you'  can still go to the football ;  you send them  $22   (your ticket in )  and a photo of your face , and you will appear in the crowd .

" The NRL’s efforts to bring fans closer to live action have reached new levels with the announcement of a scheme that would allow fans to purchase a $22 cardboard cutout of themselves that would then be placed in a seat at their team’s home stadium.

" which will enable a few hundred diehard fans to “watch” their team play “live, from inside the stadiums”.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/29/fan-in-the-stand-nrl-fans-can-pay-for-cardboard-cutouts-of-their-faces-to-be-put-on-stadium-seats

Dudes !  They are not 'fans' and that is not you 'closer to the live action'  ... its an effen   picture of yourself at the footy !

I yi  YI !      :blink:

(This thread is well titled )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

... but they are still trying to force having real people there  !

" ...the NRL has set an ambitious target date of 1 July to welcome back at least a limited number.

That idea has been met with some resistance, with state governments saying it is too soon to consider and the Australian Medical Association branding it “absurd and dangerous”.

• Like 1

heck, just put remotely rotatable cams into the eyes of the cardboard cut-outs (along with mics and speakers nearby) and have that zoom like feed going to individuals phones or laptops.

how the cutouts will eat hot dogs and drink beer is the next problem to solve....

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1