Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Just spoke with Spotless recently.

He's around.

 

do you mean privately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who is making people mods?  For awhile we were mod-less,  right?  

 

Btw, all this mod (issue)talk here is surprising...anyway trump, his enablers and blind followers are partly responsible for many American deaths because of their dangerous stance, lies and so forth compared to what has happened in several other less powerful countries than ours;  so considering that  it makes no sense to me to give them any quarter or time off from critical or   negative reviews, including occasional sarcastic ones. 

 

Btw #2, true spiritual authorities have no problem in calling out the forces of evil,  and at that point or in that situation turning the other cheek does not apply. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

In the end, I suspect we´ll all have our turns.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limahong the happy,  your inspirational song posts are nice but mostly not in context here...?

 

no offense but you could start your own inspirational  string per that context...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Spotless said:

An opinion or observation of madness

 

Hi Spotless,

 

As you may not be around ~ I took the liberty of setting free your horses... Spotless

 

 

Trust it is fine with you...  as homage to ...  th?id=OIP.iivJQO1gTNGluUYptFF_dgHaFq&pid=Api&P=0&w=201&h=155

 

 

 

- Anand

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, silent thunder said:

 

America has since its inception, been a business enterprise.

 

America was not started as a country, but as a business venture investment of the power elite of Europe.

 

America was and is a financially predatory process.  As is exemplified by the current Corporate Oligarchy that it has been systematically crafted into...

 

The American Revolution was an uprising against the predatory nature of the Ruling Elite of Europe and how they were running their overseas business and how they were mis-treating and abusing their employees in the 'Colonies'.

 

That predation did not stop with the Revolution, but it needed to invest itself into the system and that took a hundred and fifty years or so to really gather steam from within.

 

American Oligarchy is a systemical parasitic feeding on the wealth of resources and its own middle class wealth reserve and resource structure to consolidate power in the hands of the connected few...

 

America is a system of financial and resource predation at its peak efficiency.

 

This is an unsustainable model by any perspective long term, where corporations receive huge tax incentive hand outs, bail outs with no repercussions and protections under the law, not afforded to living people.

 

Reagan and  trickle down... Clinton repealing Glass-Steagal... the final two steps in the predation process started at the inception of the Federal Reserver Bank.

 

American Oligarchy has allowed the power structure to pull money from the system and has a President who bragged openly about not paying taxes!    This is cannabalistic and parasitic behavior.  To pull profits and tax hand outs while not paying back anything to the system in which you gain all your profit, is a process of bleeding the system... To continue to pull profit out of a system, while creating tax havens, loop-holes in order to not invest anything back into the system from which you derive your profits, is a guarantee of collapse.  There is not an infinite resource of commodities from which to profit.  Eventually this parasitic process will murder the host.

 

America is a predatory business venture, began by the European Elite and now playing out on its own inertia under the guise of Democracy.

 

The establishment of the Federal Reserve Bank and several decades later, the Military Industrial Complex have shown to be a nigh on impregnible fortress of cash consolidation in the top >1% with all the political, oligarchical influence that goes along with it.

 

America.  Untenable.  Unsustainable.  Predatory.

However, I have not lost heart... for as with all overbalances in Nature...  shift is manifesting!

 

NAILED IT

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Limahong said:

 

Hi Spotless,

 

As you may not be around ~ I took the liberty of setting free your horses... Spotless

 

 

Trust it is fine with you...  as homage to ...  th?id=OIP.iivJQO1gTNGluUYptFF_dgHaFq&pid=Api&P=0&w=201&h=155

 

- Anand

 

 

don't you get it people are suffering and dying and this string is mainly for pointing out serious forms of (trump and such) madness related to that,  so do tell how do your warm and fuzzy songs fit into the middle of that context? ...although after the virus, economy/jobs, police abuse, food shortages, race wars and international problems  are greatly reduced and mountains of healing have taken place then maybe warm and fuzzy comes back into context.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

There are two ways to look at life:  power and love.  If you think love is the ruler, think again.

 

I am thinking of life ~ it takes center stage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ralis said:

@steve,

 

Given that you are weighing in on this discussion, I don’t see an interest from you weighing in on threads in the PPD regarding Hydrochloroquine or that vitamin D prevents COVID-19. There is no evidence that hydrochloroquine or vitamin D prevents or treats COVID-19 and to give anyone false hope if they are infected is patently irresponsible. Trump has promoted these so called miracle cures and this site should not allow such propaganda. 


Hi Ralis,
 

As far as I can see nobody has intentionally posted information they know is false, there is no violation here to act on, and any information which may be questionable in this regard is covered under the terms of service which hopefully everybody read and understood before agreeing to by joining.

 

The bit which may be most pertinent here:

 

Quote

The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on the website.


In it’s entirety should anyone be interested:

 


BTW I think in regard to the vitamin D thread you may have unintentionally misrepresented the position presented by the individual with the use of the word “prevents,” and I didn’t read the thread as presenting Vitamin D as being preventative of COVID itself, as the author clearly states in the opening post we are all likely to become infected. 
 

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, and please feel welcome to continue to do so.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, and please feel welcome to continue to do so.

 

Hi ilumairen,

 

You are on board too? Very good.

 

- Anand

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was under the impression or maybe the hope, that having higher levels of vitamin D would prevent the cytokine storm that tends to be the killing aspect of covid.   I'm also sucking a Zinc w/ C lozenges every now and then with the hope they might lessen symptoms or duration if I get it.

 

Will they?  I don't know.  Very little is a sure thing, but doing those is cheap, easy and unlikely to do any harm.  They have some research to back them up, so why the hell not.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I was under the impression or maybe the hope, that having higher levels of vitamin D would prevent the cytokine storm that tends to be the killing aspect of covid.   I'm also sucking a Zinc w/ C lozenges every now and then with the hope they might lessen symptoms or duration if I get it.

 

Will they?  I don't know.  Very little is a sure thing, but doing those is cheap, easy and unlikely to do any harm.  They have some research to back them up, so why the hell not.

 

As you know I always provide links so as to be absolutely clear. Too much vitamin D is toxic and as far as I know, it has no efficacy in treating COVID-19, no matter what anyone on this site claims. 

 

If that isn't clear I will provide more technical data.

 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Ralis,

 I didn't read the link as I got a warning on it as having an invalid issuer, but here is something from The Lancet. We can do dueling links! :D

 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30183-2/fulltext#coronavirus-linkback-header

 

PS Trump does NOT recommend vitamin D OR vitamin C, both lifesavers, in the treatment of Covid.  Alas. 

 

Edited by cheya
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ralis said:

.. Too much vitamin D is toxic and as far as I know, it has no efficacy in treating COVID-19, no matter what anyone on this site claims.https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

I take 2,000 IU which is about 250% the daily requirement plus a bit more from a simple multi-vitamin, not the "Taking 60,000 international units (IU) a day of vitamin D for several months has been shown to cause toxicity" that your article states.

 

Interestingly enough when I tried a 2nd time to hit your article I got another one.  That said- "that vitamin D deficiency has been found to contribute to acute respiratory distress syndrome; and that case-fatality rates increase with age and with chronic disease comorbidity, both of which are associated with lower 25(OH)D concentration. To reduce the risk of infection, it is recommended that people at risk of influenza and/or COVID-19 consider taking 10,000 IU/d of vitamin D3 for a few weeks to rapidly raise 25(OH)D concentrations, followed by 5000 IU/d. The goal should be to raise 25(OH)D concentrations above 40–60 ng/mL (100–150 nmol/L). For treatment of people who become infected with COVID-19, higher vitamin D3 doses might be useful." https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/4/988

 

I'm not a mega-dose guy, but I'm glad I'm taking it daily, and getting plenty of sun and long walks.  Few things are certain but I'm willing to grab the low hanging fruit.  The D isn't so much a preventative as a possible help against acute respiratory distress syndrome.. the dreaded cytokine storm.  Not that I'd know a cytokine from a Cylon. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tricky thing about vitamin D is that your blood level does not correlate well with your supplement dose. You can be taking 10,000 iu and still test insufficient (rare)! Or you can be taking 2000 iu and test too high (really, really rare, as too high is generally agreed to be over 100 ng/ml.)  In the other thread at the end of the last post, there is a graph which demonstrates this really well!

 

So you really do need to test to make sure your blood levels are at least 40 ng/ml, whatever dose you're taking.  This is especially important if you are housebound, elderly, dark skinned, or in a care home. These are the categories of people having the most trouble with Covid, and also the ones most likely to be vitamin D deficient. If you want to avoid going to a lab or Dr.'s office, you can order a finger stick test by mail from GrassRootsHealth.net . 

 

Please get tested. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steve said:

Here are multiple peer reviewed journal articles supporting the position that vitamin D deficiency is associated with Covid morbidity and mortality. While it is not a treatment, it may be a critical factor in preventing more serious illness.

 

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=vitamin+D+and+covid19&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart


My neighbor who is an M.D. PhD in public health from Johns Hopkins and works for Johns Hopkins is involved in vaccine trials and reads all the medical journals/papers regarding COVID-19. I will give her a call and let the facts speak for themselves here. She is on the front line of this and knows all the leading researchers at Hopkins and elsewhere. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cheya said:

The tricky thing about vitamin D is that your blood level does not correlate well with your supplement dose. You can be taking 10,000 iu and still test insufficient (rare)! Or you can be taking 2000 iu and test too high (really, really rare, as too high is generally agreed to be over 100 ng/ml.)  In the other thread at the end of the last post, there is a graph which demonstrates this really well!

 

So you really do need to test to make sure your blood levels are at least 40 ng/ml, whatever dose you're taking.  This is especially important if you are housebound, elderly, dark skinned, or in a care home. These are the categories of people having the most trouble with Covid, and also the ones most likely to be vitamin D deficient. If you want to avoid going to a lab or Dr.'s office, you can order a finger stick test by mail from GrassRootsHealth.net . 

 

Please get tested. 


What are your professional qualifications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ralis said:


What are your professional qualifications?


Please try to address the subject matter, and not to discredit the person.

 

Such as, do you have information to share which contradicts what has been presented here?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:


Please try to address the subject matter, and not to discredit the person.

 

Such as, do you have information to share which contradicts what has been presented here?


I shared such information in a link. I wasn’t trying to discredit, but need to know the source of the advice. What is wrong with that? If cheya is a professional it is good to know. 
 

I will have info from a real researcher to post here as I addressed in my former post. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ralis said:


I shared such information in a link. I wasn’t trying to discredit, but need to know the source of the advice. What is wrong with that? If cheya is a professional it is good to know. 

 

 

Then request the sources you are looking for, without making it about the individual you are interacting with’s personal credentials, and it will likely appear less as an attempt to discredit, and more like an attempt to converse.

 

1 minute ago, ralis said:

I will have info from a real researcher to post here as I addressed in my former post. 


I look forward to it. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralis said:


My neighbor who is an M.D. PhD in public health from Johns Hopkins and works for Johns Hopkins is involved in vaccine trials and reads all the medical journals/papers regarding COVID-19. I will give her a call and let the facts speak for themselves here. She is on the front line of this and knows all the leading researchers at Hopkins and elsewhere. 

 

I am interested to hear your neighbor’s opinion on vit D. Please share with us after you speak. The evidence is quite compelling that keeping your level >40 ng/ml is associated with far lower Covid mortality.  It may be the single most solid recommendation based on available data to date re Covid 19 that I’ve seen. I am not an epidemiologist but I do know how to read medical data. The articles in the google scholar link speak for themselves. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralis said:


What are your professional qualifications?

 

What does that matter?

This is a casual conversation, not a medical conference. We do not need to have medical degrees to read scientific publications and share our knowledge. Everything in cheya’s post is spot on, right out of current medical recommendations.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites