4 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

The thread must be attracting it.

Ah! Thank you for bringing us back to Mark and manitou.  What should be done there?

(Becoming a mod is a little like stepping from the nice cozy lodge of ordinary membership into a whirling tornado.  I had no idea.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, moment said:

Ah! Thank you for bringing us back to Mark and manitou.  What should be done there?

We've had a few reports on it.  He's been given warnings.  If he keeps up with Spammy posts he'll get increased discpline. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SongShuhang said:

You are a moderator right now, so please, open your eyes. 

My eyes are open.

Mark has been warned.

Continued spamming will be addressed appropriately.

If he/she bothers you, use the ignore function.

It's easy and effective.

3 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

(Becoming a mod is a little like stepping from the nice cozy lodge of ordinary membership into a whirling tornado.  I had no idea.)

Sorry... should have warned you!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I was wondering when you accepted the mod job, knowing your distaste for confrontation. If you want to stay the course, I am sure you will do a great job! If you do not want to, my heart is still with you.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, steve said:

I also don't think this thread is all that bad.

I have seen some threads here devolve to the point that locking was necessary and effective.

I sort of miss the Pit.

Pitting threads was an effective and non-intrusive way of keeping the shit out of the general discussion.

Create a new pit... 

• Like 6

Just now, dawei said:

Create a new pit... 

I think that may be a good idea as long as, when mods move something there, it is done publically with appropriate reasons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moment said:

I think that may be a good idea as long as, when mods move something there, it is done publically with appropriate reasons.

historically, the PIT/Chaos was not viewable by the public.   

I'm not sure if you mean an announcement of something of something moved there?

That would be untenable, IMO.   But if split and something was left, then it could be posted that part of it was moved. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

Here's a general question-  Are members interested in closing this thread down for a week?

Take a break from politics and its nastiness for a week, cause we're a cultivation and philosophy site?

Without the occasional fast, we get messed up.  So what do you say about putting this thread on hold for a week, and maybe having people create some new threads and discussion on cultivation..  Something other then politics.

Thoughts?

I been avoiding this thread and keep seeing it lead and pop up so I dropped in to have a look and  thought ... is this a rehash of the old Trump thread (that I also ignored ) that caused so much problems before .   It seems like it . be a shame to see 'my friends' start fighting again ... and maybe even loose more  from the forum ..

I dont know what to do about it though    .   Except hand out some cat spankings . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve said:

I appreciate your comments. I'm no longer stressed by moderating here. I was the first time around. I just don't take these chats and anonymous opinions that seriously anymore. I will continue to have and share my personal opinions. I will do my best to be impartial and not use my authority (such as it is) to impose my personal preferences on the membership. I also acknowledge that while I may not take certain discussions that seriously, others do and I will be sensitive to that. Finally, I'll try to be careful to point out when I'm sharing personal opinion vs acting as a mod. 

This helps ;

Finally, I'll try to be careful to point out when I'm sharing personal opinion vs acting as a mod. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I been avoiding this thread and keep seeing it lead and pop up so I dropped in to have a look and  thought ... is this a rehash of the old Trump thread (that I also ignored ) that caused so much problems before .   It seems like it . be a shame to see 'my friends' start fighting again ... and maybe even loose more  from the forum ..

I dont know what to do about it though    .   Except hand out some cat spankings . 

Except that the alt-right is not here. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steve said:

Sorry... should have warned you!

22 hours ago, moment said:

I was wondering when you accepted the mod job, knowing your distaste for confrontation. If you want to stay the course, I am sure you will do a great job! If you do not want to, my heart is still with you.

Thanks Steve!  Thanks moment!  I´m happy to do the job so far.  It´s been interesting to note people´s reactions, not so much to me personally, so much as to the role of moderator itself.  When I was perceived as not having power, nobody worried that I was abusing my nonpower, or, conversely, not making sufficient use of it.  Well, no more. The team is a target.  Somebody emailed me last night saying he couldn´t "congratulate me."  Yikes!  If I could ask members for something, it would not be congratulations.  I would ask for patience and understanding.  I would ask that members trust that I´m navigating these new waters in good faith, to the best of my ability.  Mistakes will be made and I´m certain to make my share of them.  If I didn´t make them, somebody else would have to, so it might as well be me.  In the end, I suspect we´ll all have our turns.

Humbly,

liminal

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Except that the alt-right is not here. 

Excuse me for dropping in late and missing stuff ( which is why I have not been part of it , I think one should read previous posts before interrupting  a stream of converse  and I didnt feel like reading through it )  , but why then  has it become 'ugly' and talk of suspending it  ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dawei said:

Create a new pit... 

Low on the list of priorities but may be worth discussing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks Steve!  Thanks moment!  I´m happy to do the job so far.  It´s been interesting to note people´s reactions, not so much to me personally, so much as to the role of moderator itself.  When I was perceived as not having power, nobody worried that I was abusing my nonpower, or, conversely, not making sufficient use of it.  Well, no more. The team is a target.  Somebody emailed me last night saying he couldn´t "congratulate me."  Yikes!  If I could ask members for something, it would not be congratulations.  I would ask for patience and understanding.  I would ask that members trust that I´m navigating these new waters in good faith, to the best of my ability.  Mistakes will be made and I´m certain to make my share of them.  If I didn´t make them, somebody else would have to, so it might as well be me.  In the end, I suspect we´ll all have our turns.

Humbly,

liminal

Oh, while we are here Luke Mod  ,  every time I come on line it says 'site not responding , contact admin' also 'Percival' sent me a PM and has threatened to kill me and my family  and I got an email saying  CIA is investigating site and mods for subversion , also can you advise me about certain chi issues I have been having since I stopped taking my psyche meds , also I am feeling a  strong compulsion to have sex (non ejaculatory , I am preserving my jing frum chao ) with aardvarks  

Spoiler

;)

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, dawei said:

historically, the PIT/Chaos was not viewable by the public.   

I'm not sure if you mean an announcement of something of something moved there?

That would be untenable, IMO.   But if split and something was left, then it could be posted that part of it was moved. 

You would know better than I but, splitting sounds viable to me.

4 minutes ago, moment said:

You would know better than I but, splitting sounds viable to me.

It is tricky on some level... do you want the conversation to continue or not?  In the end, the staff decides and whether we agree or it, it is what it is.  

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

It is tricky on some level... do you want the conversation to continue or not?  In the end, the staff decides and whether we agree or it, it is what it is.  

If we are going to continue, with the idea of a cooperative, input oriented community, we have to do a little better than," it is what it is".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I´m happy to do the job so far.

Hi liminal_luke,

It is only now that I know about you and the job. Thank you for taking it up.

You will go far. I had saluted you before.

- Anand

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dawei said:

Simple ~ enough.

14 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Simple ~ enough.

disagree!

1 hour ago, steve said:

I'm no longer stressed by moderating here.

Hi steve,

I had been away for a while.

It is only now that 'moderation' has appeared on my horizon.

Good that you are on board.

I have also just noted four other names... all five good TDB choices.

TDB is now in good human(e)ly possible hands.

Has the paradigm shifted at TDB?

If so...

th?id=OIP.L_ssOCWkY6Y06_j6WwB97gHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=277&h=157  th?id=OIP.mc3Rheo-9hlSoBoKfXiN0wHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Best wishes to ONE and ALL ~ the moderators and the moderated.

- Anand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

Mark - I just looked at your page and I see you've been around for a while, close to two years.  I had a little fun when you started sending your random 'ping-ping' PM's, and I replied randomly as well.

Your last message to me, 'I'm going to upgrade your punani' is more than a little scary.

Mark, please just leave the site and don't come back.

@mark

Did you say this?

That shit is not tolerated here.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

@mark

Did you say this?

He's suspended for minimum 60 days, possibly longer.

• Thanks 3