3 hours ago, manitou said:

(wasn't that David Copperfield?)

Criss Angel suggested David Blaine. Ah, everyone is a suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Rep. Boebert a QAnon lackey was giving Speaker Pelosi’s location via Twitter. She is a gun carrying right wing religious seditionist who is serving her first term and wants to carry her Glock into Congress. 

Which model Glock does she carry? Can’t say I blame her wanting to carry it in Congress, security there seems to be an issue. Who knows who could wander in. 

• Haha 2

No wonder Mike Pence is so mad at Trump.  If you think about it, Trump apparently put out a hit on him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zerostao said:

Which model Glock does she carry? Can’t say I blame her wanting to carry it in Congress, security there seems to be an issue. Who knows who could wander in. 

It is illegal! She will most likely have a visit from the FBI with a search of her cell phone and emails.  Hopefully she will be removed from Congress for sedition. 

3 hours ago, manitou said:

No wonder Mike Pence is so mad at Trump.  If you think about it, Trump apparently put out a hit on him.

Mob bosses do that type of thing. 
Mike Pence is in a very tough spot right now; the crushing weight of a divided nation on his shoulders, he fulfilled his duty certifying the Electoral vote which officially declared Biden as President elect.

and.

Tonight, Pence contemplates invoking the Twenty Fifth Amendment.

Regardless of the choice he decides, I’m glad it is Pence’s call to make.

What a tough damn job Vice President turns out to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ralis said:

It is illegal! She will most likely have a visit from the FBI with a search of her cell phone and emails.  Hopefully she will be removed from Congress for sedition. 

She carries a model 43. 

18 minutes ago, zerostao said:

She carries a model 43. 

So what! It is still illegal to carry firearms onto Federal property unless one is authorized. What is your point?

Edited by ralis

35 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Very occasionally the right thing and the politically expedient thing converge.  If Pence can´t distance himself from Trump now there´s no hope for him.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Very occasionally the right thing and the politically expedient thing converge.  If Pence can´t distance himself from Trump now there´s no hope for him.

after 4 1/2 years of being the ultimate boot licker, ass kisser, apologist and enabler for trump I don't feel any pity for Pence's political situation, but at least he did the right thing to finish the electoral vote count which he did get credit for after the Capitol chaos .  Thus to me he has some glimmer of conscience  even though its 4 1/2 years late to arrive and after the stark realization that himself and most of congress could have been murdered along with the cops trying to protect them from trumps inciting  his "loved and special" terrorists to storm the capitol !

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ralis said:

So what! It is still illegal to carry firearms onto Federal property unless one is authorized. What is your point?

Right and there was no way they put those thousands of trump fanatics that turned  violent (either per plan or as a mob) through metal detectors to check for guns, so who knows how many were packing? (handguns and lots knives anyway)

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zerostao said:

Mob bosses do that type of thing. 
Mike Pence is in a very tough spot right now; the crushing weight of a divided nation on his shoulders, he fulfilled his duty certifying the Electoral vote which officially declared Biden as President elect.

and.

I would find it effortless, as would any patriot IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve said:

I would find it effortless, as would any patriot IMO.

I wouldn't say anything or anyone's job in a democratic republic is effortless, since 99.9999% of us are  humans working through and with that state of being.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ralis said:

Neither of us are experts ralis. Laws, especially laws concerning firearms are open to subjectivity. This is evident in recent court findings, where even convicted felons in possession of firearms are avoiding prosecution. 
subsection (d) of US Code 930 covers exemptions to the prohibition on federal property. 
I think this would be an interesting court case, and until SCOTUS finally agrees to hear one of these firearms cases, we will continue to wait and see, case by individual case, if there is violation of the law or not. The federal court circuits and districts are not consistent with each other regarding firearms rights and laws.

she carries a Glock 43 not a Glock 18.

5 hours ago, old3bob said:

I wouldn't say anything or anyone's job in a democratic republic is effortless, since 99.9999% of us are  humans working through and with that state of being.

Only speaking for myself.

I should not have mentioned “any patriot.”

I also did not say that anyone’s job was effortless, only the decision to impeach.

I see no alternative to an aggressive attempt at preventing him holding future office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

Neither of us are experts ralis. Laws, especially laws concerning firearms are open to subjectivity. This is evident in recent court findings, where even convicted felons in possession of firearms are avoiding prosecution. 
subsection (d) of US Code 930 covers exemptions to the prohibition on federal property. 
I think this would be an interesting court case, and until SCOTUS finally agrees to hear one of these firearms cases, we will continue to wait and see, case by individual case, if there is violation of the law or not. The federal court circuits and districts are not consistent with each other regarding firearms rights and laws.

Why are you so intent on knowing what she carries? Should she be allowed to take an assault rifle into the House? Given her arrest record in Rifle Colorado she is a problem. Furthermore, why was she Tweeting Pelosi's whereabouts and so far she has not explained herself. Rep. Swalwell warned her this morning in this Tweet.

Are you an NRA member and want more guns on the streets? I don't even trust my neighbors that exhibit careless behavior with firearms so why should I trust a QAnon seditionist in Congress.

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

I’m partial to the 23...

😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve said:

I’m partial to the 23...

😎

You own one? 

Just now, ralis said:

You own one? 

Yes, I own several firearms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steve said:

I’m partial to the 23...

😎

I'm partial to a single action old west revolver as part of history,  although that also gets dicey because of so much bad history.

9 minutes ago, old3bob said:

I'm partial to a single action old west revolver as part of history,  although that also gets dicey because of so much bad history.

Finally we have something in common.  Almost.  I prefer double action.     

Edited by Taomeow
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, steve said:

Yes, I own several firearms.

I have no problem with mentally stable persons owning firearms with legal imposed limitations. That should include mandatory liability insurance. 

There are many gun toting individuals out here in the Wild West which includes Cowboys For Trump. Occasionally, I see a gun toting person with an AR15 which I avoid. I can usually tell by the way such a person carries a gun and their body language if they are even safe to be around.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, old3bob said:

No muskets in your arsenal? :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Finally we have something in common.  Almost.  I prefer dual action.     

I saw a video of a guy who if I remember correctly could fire off a single action faster than a semi-auto fires, seems impossible but he did set some kind of record.