19 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

" Lonnie Coffman, of Alabama, was charged on Jan. 7, 2021, with possession of an unregistered firearm (destructive device) and carrying a pistol without a license. It is alleged that Coffman’s vehicle contained 11 explosive devices known as Molotov cocktails and firearms ... "

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

I wonder of Trump will pardon all of the seditionists including himself.

hence the rush for impeachment  ?

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

hence the rush for impeachment  ?

Congress is moving much too slow on that and Pence will not invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump. There is no precedent for a President to self pardon.

Posted (edited)

Precedent for a President  ?

B)

Edited by Nungali

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Precedent for a President  ?

B)

Any President has the right to grant pardons for whatever he or she sees fit, but none have self pardoned. 

Posted (edited)

" ... but why would I want to pardon myself  when I haven't done anything wrong ?  "

image.thumb.png.64fb009c6797e67bf63518b7321009f7.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 3

(sorry, I had to post twice to get rid of that stupid square)

The flex cuffs are terrifying.  Their planned scenario would have been a nightmare.  They'd be trading hostages for demands.  That was seriously thought out.  And the fact that there was such a light presence of cops when it was widely known, apparently, that this was going to be happening - that just doesn't pass the smell test at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, manitou said:

(sorry, I had to post twice to get rid of that stupid square)

The flex cuffs are terrifying.  Their planned scenario would have been a nightmare.  They'd be trading hostages for demands.  That was seriously thought out.  And the fact that there was such a light presence of cops when it was widely known, apparently, that this was going to be happening - that just doesn't pass the smell test at all.

Good point!

Just found this horrific image. The seditionist’s had obviously planned this for weeks and may have had inside help. Even Rep. Clyburn said they knew where his office was which was not marked with his name. 

50376437-8941-4BEC-9F50-9D78DE9B7FF8.jpeg

Edited by ralis
  • Sad 2

I think they will have to make an example of Trump  , for the future security and discouragement of like minded people .  And hold him ultimately responsible for inciting it all ... and Giuliani for inciting 'trial by combat ' .

Bye bye Trump ; 

12-13-guantanamo-bay-torture.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not so old Trump twit-

"Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!" - Jul 28, 2020

Minimum 10 years in prison.  Wonder if he'll stand by it and have all his favorite people arrested and sent up the river.

• Like 5

It turns out, it's a not a civilian on 5th Avenue that Trump can kill and get away with it.

It's his own Senators, House members and Vice President.  He could incite people to invade the Capitol and kill them and they're so frickin dumb, they'll let him get away with it.  Cause ??

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, thelerner said:

It turns out, it's a not a civilian on 5th Avenue that Trump can kill and get away with it.

It's his own Senators, House members and Vice President.  He could incite people to invade the Capitol and kill them and they're so frickin dumb, they'll let him get away with it.  Cause ??

Now his enablers in Congress want bygones to be bygones with a forgiveness party. There is no bottom to the depravity of this bunch.

https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-whine-trump-impeachment/

The request came in a letter signed by Representatives Ken Buck (R-CO), Thomas Massie (R-KY), Tom McClinton (R-CA), Nancy Mace (R-SC), Chip Roy (R-TX), Kelly Armstrong (R-ND), and Mike Gallagher (R-W).

"In the spirit of healing and fidelity to our Constitution, we ask that you formally request that Speaker Nancy Pelosi discontinue her efforts to impeach President Donald J. Trump a second time. A second impeachment, only days before President Trump will leave office, is as unnecessary as it is inflammatory," the Republicans argued.

• Thanks 2

What is this little gray square all about?  Why are the letters so small??  I can't get rid of this stupid thing.   HELLLLLLLPPPPP!!!

Okay, now it's better.

I'm of the opinion that there's no way in the world this attack should go unanswered.  If unanswered, it will become a seeping rottenness that will continue to grow, the clowns feeling supercharged because they got away with it once.  There has to be, IMO, a real demarcation  between January 19 and January 20, to enable our nation (and all others)  to see that we've survived.  There cannot be a new big breath of air, a reset of sorts, if we leave this episode gray and undefined.

I actually think the insurrection (and recent legal attempts by Trump) showed that our democracy is pretty darned strong.  When the Supremes ruled against Trump, I actually felt proud of the new justice that Trump just appointed, holding firm to her vow to protect the Constitution.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

let bygones be bygones is pure BS. after the 4 years of his daily and hourly smearing of hellish words and actions  all over this country and its people. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated and furthered a totally corrupt, destructive and very dangerous state of the union along with willfully being part of the cause of suffering and death to so many, especially by his downplaying of and calling covid a hoax early on when he knew better !!

the Nazi's didn't cease to be after hitlers defeat and death, they were weakened but not finished as is so scary today ! Trump's defeat for potus doesn't mean his extremist supporters are finished (with some who happen to be neo-nazi's) but they have been set back after the terrible chaos and deaths at the capitol yet you can still see the smug and defiant faces of his political enablers in congress during TV scans along with the utter hypocrisy of sick figures  like L. Graham and many others!  The trump contagion will probably be around for decades, so even after he is long  gone it will will require sustained work to mitigate the evil he has unleashed and done !!

(which has existed in various forms and strength's here for hundreds of years, he just brought many of those forces together in a concerted effort to fully establish his reign of fascist dictatorship !  (for however long he could get away with)

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Insightful 

Larry Bartels on Ethnic Antagonism (describing the erosion of Republicans' commitment to democracy)

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/37/22752

Bartels:  "The support expressed by many Republicans for violations of a variety of crucial democratic norms is primarily attributable not to partisan affect, enthusiasm for President Trump, political cynicism, economic conservatism, or general cultural conservatism, but to what I have termed ethnic antagonism. The single survey item with the highest average correlation with antidemocratic sentiments is not a measure of attitudes toward Trump, but an item inviting respondents to agree that “discrimination against whites is as big a problem today as discrimination against blacks and other minorities.” Not far behind are items positing that “things have changed so much that I often feel like a stranger in my own country,” that immigrants get more than their fair share of government resources, that people on welfare often have it better than those who work for a living, that speaking English is “essential for being a true American,” and that African-Americans “need to stop using racism as an excuse.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/7/2021 at 4:11 PM, steve said:

The paucity of security was the one thing I find shocking, the riot itself was no surprise. It strongly suggests there was collusion between trump loyalists and law enforcement. Not to mention the video that shows the barricades being moved by capitol police to allow the rioters in. 

Was/is there collusion also with military? A little rumor circulated through the forest that special forces were mixed in the “mob” and were the ones who snatched laptops belonging to Pelosi and Merkley.

how did Houdini make an elephant disappear?
he had a silly clown walk by carrying a speaker’s podium. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, C T said:

Insightful 

Larry Bartels on Ethnic Antagonism (describing the erosion of Republicans' commitment to democracy)

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/37/22752

Bartels:  "The support expressed by many Republicans for violations of a variety of crucial democratic norms is primarily attributable not to partisan affect, enthusiasm for President Trump, political cynicism, economic conservatism, or general cultural conservatism, but to what I have termed ethnic antagonism. The single survey item with the highest average correlation with antidemocratic sentiments is not a measure of attitudes toward Trump, but an item inviting respondents to agree that “discrimination against whites is as big a problem today as discrimination against blacks and other minorities.” Not far behind are items positing that “things have changed so much that I often feel like a stranger in my own country,” that immigrants get more than their fair share of government resources, that people on welfare often have it better than those who work for a living, that speaking English is “essential for being a true American,” and that African-Americans “need to stop using racism as an excuse.”

Sometimes I think the common denominator is the rebellion aspect of it.  Most of us had our rebel years as teenagers, but some do not grow out of it.  They remain emotionally stuck at around 16 years old.  I can sure relate to that type of rebellion, and it wasn't until I did the inner work much later that the rebellion was put to rest. 

But I do remember that anything that came along that engaged the rebellion - I was in the middle of it.  Any excuse at all.

27 minutes ago, zerostao said:

how did Houdini make an elephant disappear?

(wasn't that David Copperfield?)

Rep. Boebert a QAnon lackey was giving Speaker Pelosi’s location via Twitter. She is a gun carrying right wing religious seditionist who is serving her first term and wants to carry her Glock into Congress. 

53 minutes ago, ralis said:

Rep. Boebert a QAnon lackey was giving Speaker Pelosi’s location via Twitter. She is a gun carrying right wing religious seditionist who is serving her first term and wants to carry her Glock into Congress. 

Incredible and damming if that automatically went out to the terrorists access, if so she should be kicked out of the house and face legal charges.  (I've never used twitter so I don't know) 

Edited by old3bob
  • Thanks 1