Cleansox

Brain cleansing in the internal arts

Practice can improve mental and physical functions, rejuvenate and improve longevity. 

That's what we are taught, and experience shows that it is a possible outcome of proper practice. 

But why is it so? 

Years ago, Roger Jahnke wrote an excellent essay on the subject of physiology as it relates to the internal arts. You can find it in one of JAJ's really big and thick books (like that narrows it down 🤪). 

Now, 2020, that essay is outdated. Physiological research have moved on, new mechanisms have been found and understood, and quite a few of these relates to what you do with proper practice. 

It's all in the basics:

Proper alignments 

Proper breathing 

Proper attention 

If done right, you will entrain several systems that normally do not work together, and this will potentially affect your brain in a major way. 

If done right, some of the functional networks in the brain will reverse their temporal behaviour. 

Even the creation of ling sui/amrita can be (partially) explained by this entrainment. Including how it drips down from the soft palate. 

@Earl Grey wrote about the necessity of intent and micro movements in another thread.

That aspect, called nei gong principles by Frantzis, becomes really important if your purpose is to develope entrainment to the max (see my NEW video series Entrainment to the Max, now downloadable at sendmeyourmoney. com). 

One of these days I will write more about this in a PPD near you, including references so you can read the source material. That might be a slightly dry reading, physiology for the initiated tends to go that way, but you can at least see that I am on the subject. 

• Like 4

I'll just repeat a comment I've made a few times in the forum: any practice worth its salt requires the five pillars:

1. Good lineage - proven its test of time
  2. Good system - proven it works
  3. Good teacher - proven he or she not only have the skills but can impart them
  4. Good community - proves that people don't just learn it but support each other as friends and family
  5. Good student - prove that you are serious about learning and willing to go beyond mastery

If you do not have all five, you can have an okay system at best. But if you do not have the fifth pillar, then the previous 4 mean nothing. 

Why a general comment for the topic on brain cleansing? Because the rewiring of the mind and body happen simultaneously and optimally if those five criteria are met. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I'll just repeat a comment I've made a few times in the forum:

And it needs to be posted often, because the likelyhood that you will stumble upon all important principles on your own is rather small. 

any practice worth its salt requires the five pillars:

1. Good lineage - proven its test of time
  2. Good system - proven it works
  3. Good teacher - proven he or she not only have the skills but can impart them
  4. Good community - proves that people don't just learn it but support each other as friends and family
  5. Good student - prove that you are serious about learning and willing to go beyond mastery

If you do not have all five, you can have an okay system at best.

As for the basic process in my OP,  you only need the methods. 

Why a general comment for the topic on brain cleansing? Because the rewiring of the mind and body happen simultaneously and optimally if those five criteria are met. 

To truly accomplish a rewiring, you need so much more than just a method, the five pillars summons that rather nicely. 

5 hours ago, Cleansox said:

And it needs to be posted often, because the likelyhood that you will stumble upon all important principles on your own is rather small. 

To truly accomplish a rewiring, you need so much more than just a method, the five pillars summons that rather nicely. 

Sure, it's good wisdom to have those pillars posted, but how many people are actually going to listen given that many people are adamant about being self-initiates and learning on their own? 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. 

This is just a forum, nothing here matters. We just chew the fat and/or insult each other. 

The important things happen in the active schools, where dedicated practitioners keep traditions alive. 

• Like 2

To me the Bums is like a gathering in sean's digital backyard.  It's not a public place. 

It's a meeting place hosted by sean and i behave here as i wouldd at any gathering public, or semi.

It doesn't belong to me, or us, it's made available to us, so I treat it with respect... and interactions matter to me (as much as any of my interactions in the miasma of Maya do).

• Like 8

For me this is the list for meaningful practice — 

• good practice partners (at least one)
  • a schedule that allows time for regular practice 
  • a good teacher (and system)
  • a good practice space 
  • A drive for regular practice 

Precisely in that order of importance. 

If you have that, your skill and cultivation will grow. As it grows, a deepening stillness will ensue and permeate your life. The mind will gain clarity and tranquility. 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Doesn't matter. 

This is just a forum, nothing here matters. We just chew the fat and/or insult each other. 

The important things happen in the active schools, where dedicated practitioners keep traditions alive. 

At our best, we, the forum, don't insult each other.  

but people is people

if we learn something here.  get inspired.  make a friendly connection, that matters.  especially now.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cleansox said:

True methods, the inner work will not be taught without "good student" outer forms taught all day to anyone.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Even if there are like 90% people who dont practice anything at all.

There are still practitioners and experts here who have real abilities.

That kind of undermining that everyone on this forum is shit, and everyone in some sort of school is great, is kind of childish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cleansox said:

will potentially affect your brain

The brain runs on Qi. Practitioners are supercharging their brains going from 2-3% to 100% and 200% capability.

Thats why for example, I could watch 20k+ 1000hz high quality movies, or remember past lives, or visualize a whole city projection.

11 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Doesn't matter. 

king_of_the_hill_wallpaper_5-wide.jpg

3 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Even if there are like 90% people who dont practice anything at all.

There are still practitioners and experts here who have real abilities.

z4HKZ2QHqC4NttJkSkqisnUQGtk.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GSmaster said:

That kind of undermining that everyone on this forum is shit, and everyone in some sort of school is great, is kind of childish.

So you are saying that these people with the real abilities learned to develope those on forums like this, and not in some kind of school? 

Cool. 

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

So you are saying that these people with the real abilities learned to develope those on forums like this, and not in some kind of school? 

Its more about individuals than schools, someone who made it any far, made it far not because of a school that mass produces "practitioners", but of personal qualities and unique life path.

The school I have seen consisted mostly of beginners and mediocre practitioners, that even after 15+ years of daily practice cannot meditate properly and don't have any real abilities. So Nothing like these guys on the pic.

z4HKZ2QHqC4NttJkSkqisnUQGtk.jpg&key=e5d8b441461d8123ea17b3ecfdf18383fe79100f6463c06467ca33899263e009

The thing is you cannot check someone's level but you are making assumptions. Assumptions or beliefs cannot be applied to any internal or spiritual cultivation and generally tend to drive away from "truth"

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GSmaster said:

The brain runs on Qi. Practitioners are supercharging their brains going from 2-3% to 100% and 200% capability.

Thats why for example, I could watch 20k+ 1000hz high quality movies, or remember past lives, or visualize a whole city projection.

When you replenish yuan jing you see that the first places it rushes to heal is the brain and kidneys. So it is much more true to say brain runs yuan jing.

Where is the drawing line in this train of thought? Brain runs on what science says. Don't make silly claims like these.

- You can only visualize well using it because you have the means to use postnatal chi as fuel. But there are higher energies which you can use as means for fuel if you could. Eventually even it becomes perfect life like not in quality but in the being. There is no more mental aspects that are different from visualizing and living because you involve every aspect of the mind. But again you need to be able to use every aspect as fuel. To think with it, and experience it. Even postnatal chi most people use physical like senses that do not reach to jing chi shen fully. So then they claim chi makes them angry, excited or horny. Because they not control the fuel and have no means to.

The Dao is not so simple. It has many levels that make the outer and duller.

8 hours ago, GSmaster said:

Its more about individuals than schools, someone who made it any far, made it far not because of a school that mass produces "practitioners", but of personal qualities and unique life path.

The school I have seen consisted mostly of beginners and mediocre practitioners, that even after 15+ years of daily practice cannot meditate properly and don't have any real abilities. So Nothing like these guys on the pic.

z4HKZ2QHqC4NttJkSkqisnUQGtk.jpg&key=e5d8b441461d8123ea17b3ecfdf18383fe79100f6463c06467ca33899263e009

The thing is you cannot check someone's level but you are making assumptions. Assumptions or beliefs cannot be applied to any internal or spiritual cultivation and generally tend to drive away from "truth"

In these modern times there are two basic types of teachers.  

Type 1. Are ones who have a job, a business, or are retired, and teach a few friends because they love their art. 

Type 2.  Are ones who do not have a day job, and teaching for a living, they generally take all comers because to them it's a business.

You will find both masters and amateurs in both of those groups, but the ones who teach high level spiritual/power methods can be found ONLY in the type one group.

Students are also divided into two groups depending on their karma.  It is nearly impossible to change these things, and the low level types can not hear it.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Brain runs on what science says.

What science says?

People who only consume physical food have their brain potential locked to 3-5%.

People who consume Qi / cultivate meditative practices have no limits in their brain development.

I am a living example of this, as my brain has mutated quite a lot from what is a "normal" human.

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

two basic types of teachers

I think the issue is that most "Teachers" who teach publicly and massively, simply dont have time for their own development.

They are getting too absorbed into the position of a teacher, into social aspects, into self praise and believe they are at end point of spiritual development.

It is also gonna be hard to keep a normal full time job in society and spend lifetime on self development.

they love their art. 

Thats a key point it is an art. An art has no limits.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I think the issue is that most "Teachers" who teach publicly and massively, simply dont have time for their own development.

They are getting too absorbed into the position of a teacher, into social aspects, into self praise and believe they are at end point of spiritual development.

That is true.   Generally a lot of those Type 2 teachers don't learn much, some go to a one week 'teacher training' seminar, and some spend a year or two learning from an amateur, and then go off to teach.

Back in the good old days, where I come from, someone would spend a decade with a real master, then they would spend a decade practicing, which is the sink or swim time, and then spend some time with a very few long term students (sharing, not teaching), during which they continue learning.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

@Starjumper 

the funny thing here is that in many cases people end up being taught by losers who have long have given up on their own spiritual progression and have lots of free time to teach / spend on students

mantak chia / michael winn, its just business for them to teach and they are interested in making profits

as art has no limits whatever your teacher level is, there is no way he would abandon his own practice and his retreats for the sake of teaching somebody

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

When you replenish yuan jing you see that the first places it rushes to heal is the brain and kidneys. So it is much more true to say brain runs yuan jing.

May I ask you a personal question can you see Qi with your eyes? Dense energy fields surrounding the physical space.

30 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

May I ask you a personal question can you see Qi with your eyes? Dense energy fields surrounding the physical space.

stop wanking dude.

You are talking postnatal jing, chi, shen only. The 3. Theres a hella lot more that we run on. Many young people or couples wank and have sex wasting all jing chi shen. They drain chi around them worse than dying patients in hospital.

There are many celibate priests and army and single dudes working out for years. They have some chi. Chi does not increase IQ.

You should have a look at mensa tests and people who do image streaming and actually raised their IQ to 180. One of the obvious signals of past 160 IQ is a very increased ability to see abstract ideas in your mind. Things like seeing words rhyme are as easy as breathing. Mental concentration alone doesn't lead to it. Studies show a maximum threshold of 15 IQ points increased from mental concentration. You can make similar gains by swimming hard everyday or something. Many high IQ DO NOT have higher IQ.

Your mind is more concentrated from more chi simply because the yuan chi is then slightly focused from your postnatal. Being directly adjacent / next to it in the creation.

Postnatal jingchishen is body tissues or flesh energy not cellular energy as it does not move from body to body in reincarnation.

When you work the yuan shen and such, especially when you program yourself to over work yourself you really notice cells being worked at or drained.

Some old traditions or texts mock the yin shen (postnatal) obsession cultivation by calling it a 'mistake' in cultivation.

Edited by EmeraldHead

40 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

stop wanking dude.

You have not answered the question, can you see Qi or not?

41 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Chi does not increase IQ.

IQ is just a word, I dont actually mean IQ tests as they are retarded and meaningless and show nothing, but it is quite clear who has intellect and who does not, and it is bound with Qi and higher body development. In magus tradition brain development is critical to any abilities / cultivation and it is interconnected. There will never be a fool who has gotten far in the path by following any kind of manual or training. Who you are matters more than what you practice at this point.

43 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Some old traditions or texts mock the yin shen (postnatal) obsession cultivation by calling it a 'mistake' in cultivation.

I dont get these technical terms at all. You can mock whatever you want do you have actual abilities yet? If you like using technical terms of your tradition, I would like to hear more about actual results and factual differences, not some book arguments or theoretical thoughts on the subject.

43 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

celibate priests and army and single dudes working out for years

Being celibate does not make Chi. In 99% it causes stagnation. It is not surprising they are not getting smarter or stronger while being celibate for years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmeraldHead said:

Postnatal jingchishen is body tissues or flesh energy not cellular energy as it does not move from body to body in reincarnation.

When you work the yuan shen and such, especially when you program yourself to over work yourself you really notice cells being worked at or drained.

Thing is if you cultivate some duper puper supreme energy other people dont cultivate, and you mock others people cultivation based on old texts, you are then supposed to have some super duper supreme abilities from that supreme Qi accumulation.

Which is why I am asking what you can do.

I have developed a dozen of minor siddhi and abilties over the years. That none or almost nobody has among the mortals / non cultivators. 

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 1

Ya, I was going to say, it looks like he's well read.  :)

I'll share something from a couple of weeks ago.  My wife talked me into visiting a really high end retirement center in Vilcabamba where some North Korean acupuncture doctors were offering daily treatments for only $6 so I decided to go along with it, not that I have any particular need.

While sitting in the waiting room I met this guy who works there as a physical therapist.  He was looking at me kind of strangely and started hanging out a bit, making small talk, I could tell he had a pure heart, and he seemed eager to socialize with me.  Later when I got in my car to leave the parking lot he came out to unlock the gate and we started talking.  He said that he could see energy, and he was astounded at the level of energy he saw in me, and said he had never seen anything like it (although he is a high level Masonic guy).  We talked for a bit, and he told me that there were a lot of people 'upstairs' who want to talk with me, among other things, like there is a more or less hidden Taoist temple in Quito.  He said he tried to astral project into the temple but he couldn't because it was protected by powerful spirit guards.  It's kind of funny, because after that, when he passed by me in the acupuncture place, he would make slight bows and treat me like royalty, which is kinda strange for an old shipyard worker biker to experience.  We talked more about what he does and he told me that he is also a mental/past life therapist and psychologist, and he does past life regressions.  I'm interested in working with him on the past life stuff, but now there's no traveling allowed between towns or cities in Ecuador.  The locals are helping with this by dropping huge trees across all the highways and roads.

Oh, i forgot to mention even though I'm 71 years old i have a body like a twenty year old ... a healthy one, but tough.

OK, now Emeraldhead, it's your turn.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4