Earl Grey

Mantras and Coronavirus

I received an e-mail from my group, and Reverend Satyabhama recommended the following in her message:

a = uh aa = a, not ah

Om Try'ambakam Yajaa Mahae Sughandim Pushti Vardhanam; Uvaaru'kamiva  Bandha'naan, Mrityor Muksheeya Mamritat  (Transliteration by Sadguru  Sant Keshavadas.)

Pranayama is good to both avoid getting sick and to keep breathing well, if we catch it.

For illness, put some water in a cup and chant, Oushadam Jahnavee Toyam Vaidyo Narayano Harihi. The holy water touched by God is the best remedy, and Heavenly Father, Narayana, is the best physician.

Be sure to get plenty of sunshine outside or in a sunny window.  Chant this Surya Gayatri Mantra, Om Bhaaskaraa'ya Vidhmahae Diwa  Karaa'ya Dheemahi Tanno Surya'ha Prachoda''yaat to invoke the sun's energy.

For strengthening the breath and healing the lungs:
1. Om Ashwinaa Tejasaa Chakshuhu Praanaena Saraswati Veeryam Vachendro Balendraaya Dadhur'.indriyam
2. Om Ashwinaa Bhaeshajam Madhu Bhaeshajam Naha Saraswati Indro Twashtaa Yasha'ha Shreeya'ha Rusha'ha Rupa Madhu'hu Sutae

EDIT: Because it seems some people are confusing these as a solution for the coronavirus, let me make this clear: do not use these in place of going to an actual physician. These are supplementary meditative practices for karmic work, and healing does not mean you will be healed of the coronavirus, healing can mean alleviating the karma that would be the difference between falling down the stairs or stubbing your toe.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

Now that I think about it, I also would ask people to chant Hung Vajra Peh because when chanting this space-clearing mantra, it also removes the black spiritual gunk around the world little by little, and do so with the intent of removing this darkness in our time. 

34 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Now that I think about it, I also would ask people to chant Hung Vajra Peh because when chanting this space-clearing mantra, it also removes the black spiritual gunk around the world little by little, and do so with the intent of removing this darkness in our time. 

Hello EG

Have you any links to the exegesis of this particular mantra? Its new to me, and I'd like to know more about it. 

Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, C T said:

Hello EG

Have you any links to the exegesis of this particular mantra? Its new to me, and I'd like to know more about it. 

Thanks! 

Sure! Here's the information from the old newsletter: 

HUNG VAJRA PEH

Vajrapani: The Protector Of Dharma And Great Initiator, who is often seen at the entrance of  a temple, holding a vajra (thunderbolt) to keep out negative entities.

This is the Tibetan version of the Sanskrit, Hum Vajra Phat (Fat).

This mantra is very powerful in clearing space of negativity, whether that negative energy is within us or in a room in our house or at work.

Mantra: Hung Vajra Peh (Phat)
An approximation of the meaning is, "Invoking the word (object of power) and putting it forth with force from the throat chakra, I destroy negativity."

"Hung" is the Sanskrit word "hum," spoken in the back of the mouth with lips parted. This pronunciation is most common in Northern India, Nepal and Tibet. "Vajra" means object of power/thunderbolt. "Peh" is a peculiarly Tibetan and Chinese pronunciation form of the Sanskrit work "Phat."

In His beatific form, his energy is said to empower initiators giving various empowerments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have some familiarity with the Dharma Protector and Mahabodhisattva Vajrapani. 

Definitely a good source of refuge for dispelling negative energies, although, in my understanding, the mantra attributed to this Protector is: OM VAJRAPANI HUNG PHET (OR PEH), or, as the Tibetans would recite it, OM BENZA PANI HUNG PHET. 

In my practice, the invocation of Vajrapani is usually directed towards arousing the energy of the enlightened mind. According to certain scholars whom I have found to be reliable, Vajrapani's wrathful form represents transformation, and the thunderbolt 'he' wields in the right hand represents the power to cut through the vast darkness of delusion. 

Im so happy to hear that Vajrapani is being cited as a source of protection in these troubled times. 

Grateful for the explanation _/\_ 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, C T said:

I have some familiarity with the Dharma Protector and Mahabodhisattva Vajrapani. 

Definitely a good source of refuge for dispelling negative energies, although, in my understanding, the mantra attributed to this Protector is: OM VAJRAPANI HUNG PHET (OR PEH), or, as the Tibetans would recite it, OM BENZA PANI HUNG PHET. 

In my practice, the invocation of Vajrapani is usually directed towards arousing the energy of the enlightened mind. According to certain scholars whom I have found to be reliable, Vajrapani's wrathful form represents transformation, and the thunderbolt 'he' wields in the right hand represents the power to cut through the vast darkness of delusion. 

Im so happy to hear that Vajrapani is being cited as a source of protection in these troubled times. 

Grateful for the explanation _/\_ 

I have plenty more where these mantras came from, and if all goes well this year, I’ll sit the exam next year to be a teacher of mantra. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I have plenty more where these mantras came from, and if all goes well this year, I’ll sit the exam next year to be a teacher of mantra. 

Best wishes towards the attainment of this worthy goal! 

May all obstacles be pacified. 

"Om Gum Ganapatayei Namah"

• Like 2

In the Bön tradition, this is the healing mantra of Sipai Gyalmo - a healing and protection emanation of the Loving Mother.

It is recommended during emergencies and especially during times of epidemics and disasters:

950fb8fda1824de00c0f703502ce5201.jpg

OM A BE YA NAK PO BE SOD SO HA

Sidpai Gyalmo mantra.wav

5e724b8fa5ae5_SipeGyalmoblack.thumb.jpg.3caba847f306e3fbff00e3b9d0f6b98f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Satyabhama mailed a few more today:

Mantras for Healing the Earth

These mantras are to aid with the earthquakes, fires, tsunamis, hurricanes, storms, tornadoes, droughts, and the radiation from Fukushima:

All of these mantras are powerful Ganesha Mantras. 

Om Vighna Nashana'ya Namaha

To relieve energy blockages especially for the Devas that work with the energies of the various species: wind, water, plant, bird, mammal, fish and human.

Om Uch'chista Ganapati'yae Namaha  

To destroy negativity

Om Vakratunda'ya Hum 

To correct something that is not working properly; to end corruption.

Om Dumra Ketuvae Namaha 

To bring difficult circumstances under an umbrella of peace.

Om Gana Dhyaksha'ya Namaha

To bring healing to a group. In this case, the people harmed by the earthquakes and tsunami. 

Om Kshipra Prasada'ya Namaha

For immediate assistance, blessing.

Note:  The ye/yae ending is a shakti-activating syllable.  The ya ending brings the energy of the mantra to the heart.  Classical Sanskrit is not pronounced as aya at the end of a mantra ending in 'a' before the ye/ya at the end' as that is a British distortion.

• Like 1