Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Church of the Flat Earth

You just can't make up this stuff, but here in Santa Fe NM there are more fringe groups that have come and gone from time to time than I can imagine. I feel a little humor is needed these days.

But hey! This thread can take off from this to any kind of humor anyone wants to post here.

Church of the Flat Earth? WTF!

https://www.sfreporter.com/news/coverstories/2020/03/11/flatter-day-saints/

Like many in the movement, Gordon believes the round Earth model is a conspiracy that can be disproved through personal observation. His path to Flat Earth theologian began in the spring of 2015, when he discovered a video series by prominent Flat Earther Mark Sargent outlining various "clues" to the Earth's flatness. Inspired by one of these, Gordon took his telescope to the top of the mesa across from his house in Golden, Colorado, where he lives when not in Santa Fe, and pointed it horizontally to a rocky outcrop 54 miles away. Based on his calculations, there were "2,000 feet of missing curvature."

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ralis said:

You just can't make up this stuff, but here in Santa Fe NM there are more fringe groups that have come and gone from time to time than I can imagine. I feel a little humor is needed these days.

Like many in the movement, Gordon believes the round Earth model is a conspiracy that can be disproved through personal observation. His path to Flat Earth theologian began in the spring of 2015, when he discovered a video series by prominent Flat Earther Mark Sargent outlining various "clues" to the Earth's flatness. Inspired by one of these, Gordon took his telescope to the top of the mesa across from his house in Golden, Colorado, where he lives when not in Santa Fe, and pointed it horizontally to a rocky outcrop 54 miles away. Based on his calculations, there were "2,000 feet of missing curvature."

https://www.sfreporter.com/news/coverstories/2020/03/11/flatter-day-saints/

Yeah you see that on flat earth sites.   What they miss is they're measuring from a higher location, ie top of the mesa, instead of bottom, which distorts the calculation.  They also ignore that on a flat earth they should be seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Sears Tower, ie tall building and mountains that are very very far away, because the earth is flat.  From any mountain range you should see the famed ice wall keeping the water from going over the edge, but you don't.  That part of reality escapes them.  As does the ability to make an accurate map. 

On the other hand, God bless the innocent inquiring minds..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

God bless the innocent inquiring minds..

Hi Michael,

To me an innocent inquiring mind is one that is uncluttered from incessant bombardment.

Will The Divine tend to bless an undivided mind?

Is the Tao flat?

1aab267f83a55684b6ee738aebd0480f.gif

- Anand

It cant be flat . 

If the earth  was   flat   , cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

If the earth  was   flat   , cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now .

Good morning Nun,

If everything was flat ~ where was the edge?

Image result for edge of nowhere tumbir

- Anand

Sign in to follow this