Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

good bye ms American pie

or"how many times can man (or woman) turn their head and pretend that they just don't see?"

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

my favorite non American Pie

I think Don McLean has a bit part in it too.

My kids dig Weird Al and he does a great version of this in concert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

Vincent by Don McLean

th?id=OIP.7o-OngEXkRZJt_6_YNMK9gAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   A head and shoulders portrait of a thirty something man, with a red beard, facing to the left

Vincent Willem van Gogh (30 March 1853 – 29 July 1890) was a Dutch  post-impressionist painter who is among the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. In just over a decade, he created about 2,100 artworks, including around 860 oil paintings, most of which date from the last two years of his life. They include landscapes, still lifes, portraits and self-portraits, and are characterised by bold colours and dramatic, impulsive and expressive brushwork that contributed to the foundations of modern art. He was not commercially successful, and his suicide at 37 came after years of mental illness and poverty.

- Wikipedia

th?id=OIP.Lp7pw0Amu0Chyv3sy4GQUAHaF6&pid=Api&P=0&w=201&h=161  th?id=OIP.jHXvZlmmnh9wwyBBUtsGOAHaJQ&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.1Sn_iHAnbKnXFn-URoHu6AHaFv&pid=Api&P=0&w=224&h=174 

th?id=OIP.QGosLFhlBaQU7Htyh5MwaQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=198&h=156   th?id=OIP.Jq6qXgSPRikGQiUIq41kyQHaJN&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.zA5ErrR1mAQ8AQ85cC4IMgHaEo&pid=Api&P=0&w=247&h=155

• Like 1

I went through a phase of hunting down female singers re-doing popular rock melodies.  Like Natalie Merchant singing Bowie's Space Oddity, Alanis Morissette singing Sting's King of Pain, Cheryl Crow singing Sweet Child of Mine, Fiona Apple doing the Beatles Across the Universe. 

These hits sung simply and acoustically are some of my favorite music to mellow down with. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvvGEsZ4R4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s4SvRkRNqo

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this