Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

On 5/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, Taomeow said:

I wonder about those roundup-ready monocrops though -- if they could speak, I would love to interview them to find out if they are enjoying their "return to normal" that never existed.  I mean, they themselves never existed in nature, there was never a "normal" they returned to when they came to be, they were a new thing with no prior history of living like that.  How exactly do they live?  Well, they can't reproduce, for one thing, they can only be replicated by the owner when they are needed by the owner.  They can't feed themselves -- no GM monocrop can, they rely on being fertilized by the owner.  And their only purpose in life is to get consumed.  But plants can't speak, so I can't really tell how happy or unhappy this modification has made them.  And even if it made them unhappy, they have no one to complain to, so who cares.    

This resonates with me.  

I feel deeply disturbed  seeing endless monoculture fields.  It give me the creeps on a level I struggle to find the words for often.  All the usual anti big AG talking points are there for sure, but there is something else which haunts me frequently and I always struggle to relate it.  Desolation, Hopelessness, a sea of static before my eyes.  

You're above statement brings it to light for me.  "They" are trying to do us like they've done those plants.   Some version of this I've known and been trying to articulate to friends and family for some time.  People really don't want to and wont see it as deeply as I feel I am trying to express to them when we do talk about it.  

I look around and share that I see what looks to be a Tyson-esque farm for semi-clever hairless monkeys (or modern society).  And it's all "yeah, yeah, gov is bad" platitudes.  But you can look right at those fields and ...  It's already happened to some beings.   That's what's haunting me about those fields! 

And why are no one else's alarm bells ringing?

Or I'll consider sometimes your ordinary person in the midwest.  Raised up on the sugary corporate tit and television, Spending their entire life laboring for the benefit of that same Beast and then going on this way until death.  Entertaining themselves with the shallowest (in their best light) of trivialities, never to consider for even the briefest of seconds the entire and total usurpation of their Life and mind by...  Well... Whatever or whoever it is that's harvesting us.     

It's good to know that at least there are others who see this or some semblance at least.  

Edited by qofq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, qofq said:

And why are no one else's alarm bells ringing?

Other people's alarm bells are ringing. For instance I'm currenting reading Peter Kingsley, Catafalque. Even if you're not familiar with Jung's work, I think you'd relate to the general message of this book:

".....But this book also tells a different story—a story of repeated manipulation and exploitation, of devastation of the sacred, of catastrophic losses caused by egotism and the indiscriminate use of ‘rationality’, which is a story that started long ago in ancient Athens and now is approaching its tragic conclusion. The lament over the death of western culture isn’t Jung’s lament, or Kingsley’s. It’s the howling of nature itself, reminding us of our sacred roots and of our ultimate responsibility as human beings.”

17 hours ago, qofq said:

Or I'll consider sometimes your ordinary person in the midwest.  Raised up on the sugary corporate tit and television, Spending their entire life laboring for the benefit of that same Beast and then going on this way until death.  Entertaining themselves with the shallowest (in their best light) of trivialities, never to consider for even the briefest of seconds the entire and total usurpation of their Life and mind by...  Well... Whatever or whoever it is that's harvesting us.     

It's good to know that at least there are others who see this or some semblance at least.  

I'd strongly suggest you take action yourself on what you feel. To do nothing is bound to adversely affect your mental, physical and spiritual health. Honour that inner voice or suffer a slow death of your soul! It's of little use just getting agreement on social media and leaving it at that.

However I can offer no suggestions as to what you should do.  That's for you to find. For me, it's a total lifestyle thing that I've felt my way into over a number of decades. It encompasses both my inner an outer life, underpinned by my ongoing personal journey of reconnection with the sacred. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Yueya said:

I'd strongly suggest you take action yourself on what you feel. To do nothing is bound to adversely affect your mental, physical and spiritual health. Honour that inner voice or suffer a slow death of your soul! It's of little use just getting agreement on social media and leaving it at that.

Self action in deed and in word!  

8 years of Daoist study and practice with a Longmen and HunYuan lineage.

Designs on a food forested homestead (once finances allow) while currently experimenting with things like 

Fermenting - kraut, kimchi, kombucha, Ginger bugs, You name it!

Minimalist living - I only own 2 shirts 2 pants- 

'Home Making' -  Toothpaste, Deodorant, Noodles, Bread, House Cleaner

Pivoted from typical destructive employment models.

Yet, I empathize with the plight of Humanity. 

I can see a world where people are in the same predicament as those plants.

It feels lonely at times being surrounded by (insert whatever you like to call ordinary people) when you can see beyond and it's nice to know that I'm not alone (at least to some degree) in this view.  

And then when I think I need to change the world or wake people up I remember

Because I do nothing, nothing is left undone. 

Who could understand this?

Edited by qofq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032839/

Abstract

Viral infections play an important role in human diseases, and recent outbreaks in the advent of globalization and ease of travel have underscored their prevention as a critical issue in safeguarding public health. Despite the progress made in immunization and drug development, many viruses lack preventive vaccines and efficient antiviral therapies, which are often beset by the generation of viral escape mutants. Thus, identifying novel antiviral drugs is of critical importance and natural products are an excellent source for such discoveries. In this mini-review, we summarize the antiviral effects reported for several natural products and herbal medicines.

Keywords: Antiviral, Drug development, Herbal medicines, Natural products

INTRODUCTION

Viruses are responsible for a number of human pathogeneses including cancer. Several hard-to-cure diseases and complex syndromes including Alzheimer's disease, type 1 diabetes, and hepatocellular carcinoma have been associated with viral infections.[1,2,3] Moreover, due to increased global travel and rapid urbanization, epidemic outbreaks caused by emerging and re-emerging viruses represent a critical threat to public health, particularly when preventive vaccines and antiviral therapies are unavailable. Examples include the recent emergence of dengue virus, influenza virus, measles virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus, and West Nile virus outbreaks.[4,5,6] To date, however, many viruses remain without effective immunization and only few antiviral drugs are licensed for clinical practice. The situation is further exacerbated by the potential development of drug-resistant mutants, especially when using viral enzyme-specific inhibitors, which significantly hampers drug efficacy.[7,8,9,10] Hence, there is an urgent need to discover novel antivirals that are highly efficacious and cost-effective for the management and control of viral infections when vaccines and standard therapies are lacking.

Herbal medicines and purified natural products provide a rich resource for novel antiviral drug development. Identification of the antiviral mechanisms from these natural agents has shed light on where they interact with the viral life cycle, such as viral entry, replication, assembly, and release, as well as on the targeting of virus–host-specific interactions. In this brief report, we summarize the antiviral activities from several natural products and herbal medicines against some notable viral pathogens including coronavirus (CoV), coxsackievirus (CV), dengue virus (DENV), enterovirus 71 (EV71), hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), herpes simplex virus, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), influenza virus, measles virus (MV), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) [Table 1].

Some may find this information interesting.

It is published on a government .gov website.

And so I hope people will refrain from labeling this conspiracy theory content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sanity Check, that is a TON of great information!  Thank you!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:38 PM, qofq said:

8 years of Daoist study and practice with a Longmen and HunYuan lineage.

Designs on a food forested homestead (once finances allow) while currently experimenting with things like 

Fermenting - kraut, kimchi, kombucha, Ginger bugs, You name it!

Minimalist living - I only own 2 shirts 2 pants- 

'Home Making' -  Toothpaste, Deodorant, Noodles, Bread, House Cleaner

And then when I think I need to change the world or wake people up I remember

Because I do nothing, nothing is left undone. 

Who could understand this?

I'd love to see a separate thread with your best 'recipes'.. the fermenting and Home Making stuff. 

• Like 2

Masks are a major issue to help mitigate the virus spread and millions (billions) of people need good masks at fair prices,  but greed has really kicked in on the sale of masks !!  for instance I just looked on-line  and people are selling  n95's, kn95's, astm's (with many or most  being dubious knock-offs ) and also lower level dust filtration masks being passed off as astm's for hundreds of times what was probably their original cost!  To top that off the information about the masks is often confusing or misleading to the max about their quality and medical grade, for instance the outside of the box may look like it is a certified US  product but then inside is a product from who knows where in China with unknown quality!  Human greed to steal from those in a time of suffering is sky high and I think it is abhorrent that major on-line sellers do not watch dog masks for quality and fair prices that they are allowing to be sold through their company!   I've way overused my only true  n95 mask and some information says that can increase possible infection, so WTF and aw-shit!  Lucky for us we can mostly stay home  but that too has  its limits, while millions of other people met such limits months ago! 

...anyway is there a mask expert out there who is sure about brands and quality and what is a fair price?  We know a great deal of the masks are going priority wise to health workers on the front lines to help or save people and that is how it should be but the general population should still be able get some high rated masks so they to have less chance of ending up in the hospital.