Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wxe9yq/the-chinese-government-has-convinced-its-citizens-that-the-us-army-brought-coronavirus-to-wuhan

It’s difficult to say how many Chinese people accept the conspiracy as true, but the CCP’s promotion of the idea across social networks WeChat and Weibo, as well as amplification through state-run TV, has made it inescapable in Chinese society. Indeed, any Chinese person who disputes that narrative on social media can have their account shut down and their families arrested.

“I couldn't argue against the posts that the virus was brought to China by the U.S. military even though I knew it was a lie because any evidence I post against the Chinese government propaganda will be deleted, the Wechat group can be deleted, my account will be suspended and I can put my family in danger,” one Chinese American named Zhang, who did not want to be named over fears of retribution, told VICE News.

How depressing that the CCP's lies continue, right @Walker

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8843dz/heres-how-china-is-rewriting-the-history-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-to-make-itself-the-hero

Here’s China’s playbook:

Silence dissenting voices: The outbreak in Wuhan was first noticed by doctors working on the front lines. They tried to raise the alarm by sharing messages with friends on WeChat, messages that were shared on social media and went viral. But the police detained the doctors — some of whom subsequently died of coronavirus — and told them to stay quiet.

Block information: Once Hubei province had been put into lockdown, the Chinese government didn’t want any negative information getting out. To do this, it employed a range of tactics. One was making citizen journalists disappear after they began publishing videos from inside Wuhan exposing the sheer scale of the crisis. It also ramped up its censorship of social media platforms significantly, meaning even the slightest reference to coronavirus or the government’s response was erased.

Spin up state-run media: As stories of overwhelmed hospitals and mounting death tolls spread around the world, Beijing spun up its massive media operations into full battle mode, with both its Chinese-language and English-language outlets running positive stories about the heroic work being done to counter the outbreak. The campaign included posts on social media, news reports, and articles written by state media journalists but quietly published in other outlets. Beijing is also leveraging deep media ties across Africa to promote its own agenda.

Spread disinformation: Earlier this month, Hua Chunying a spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, posted a video on Twitter that showed Italians on lockdown clapping in unison and shouting "Thank you, China" as appreciation for the aid Beijing sent to the country. The only problem is that the video was fake, and the applause was in fact for the heroic work being done by Italian medical workers.

Promote conspiracy theories: Earlier this month, Chinese foreign ministry deputy spokesperson Zhao Lijian suggested on Twitter that the coronavirus was manufactured in a U.S. military lab and brought to Wuhan by the U.S. Army who sent 300 service personnel to the World Military Games that took place in the city in October. The unfounded claim was then given more oxygen by official Chinese state media.

Write a book: China has already produced a book on the coronavirus pandemic. “A Battle Against Epidemic: China Combating COVID-19 in 2020” is a compilation of articles from Chinese state media that recount the heroic leadership of President Xi Jinping and the vital role the Communist Party played in combating the virus outbreak. The book is being translated into English, French, Spanish, Russian, and Arabic, with more likely to follow.

Deploy a Twitter army: An investigation by ProPublica found a Twitter army directed by the Chinese government, consisting of fake and stolen accounts — that in the past was used to seed disinformation about the Hong Kong protests — have become “cheerleaders for the government, calling on citizens to unite in support of efforts to fight the epidemic and urging them to “dispel online rumors.”

Gin up more conspiracy theories: China’s state-run media last week suggested the virus may have originated in Italy, after Giuseppe Remuzzi, director of the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, told NPR that doctors there had noticed “very strange pneumonias” as early as November last year. Remuzzi clarified that all he meant was that it’s possible the virus had spread to Europe sooner than we thought, but the Chinese state media failed to mention those comments.

Start donating stuff: One of the key aspects of China’s efforts to change how the world views its role in the coronavirus outbreak is by sending donations of testing kits, masks and other essential supplies around the world. Leading this effort is Alibaba-founder Jack Ma, whose foundation has sent supplies to Iran, Europe, Africa, and even the U.S.

No conspiracy theory is too wild: China’s latest claims that a U.S. cyclist, who was part of the Military Games team, is coronavirus patient zero. It’s source for such a claim? A U.S. conspiracy theorist who is attempting to capitalize on the pandemic to boost his social media profile.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

And to the surprise of no one: 

There was same case in russia, the tests they used since february had like 4 out 5 chance to be false-negative. Not sensitive enough to the virus that could really be in low concentration.

Tests that find virus only when a person experience strong symptoms are useless, as the majority of point of global testing to find and isolate Asymptomatic people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 06.04.2020 at 12:29 PM, Walker said:

down a flake-O trump card, on some old bullshit like, "well, thus far I have failed at logic, stonewalled to ignore all counterpoints and evidence, temporarily quit the debate, switched opponents, stooped to whining about people having potty mouths, thrown up straw men, tried to veer off into false dichotomies and non sequiturs, and yet I've still failed to convince anybody. Hmm, well, last chance, here's the old, 'you guys are all wrong because you're not enlightened enough' card.

Atleast you guys were lucky to have a debate with this creature @C T

I have been told that I am a fraud, that I have been "scanned" but as for further details and anything on the topic

Silence... Like death... They just dissapear in bushes, when asked for any reasoning or evidence.

I am so curious if anybody scans my humble and minor persona. Why not provide details

Oh, and he flamed me for "liking" the posts of someone who actually posts constructive and meaningful advice on cultivation and internal arts. How Could I do that, really. So, Ashamed of myself.

Back to the topic, if people are so stupid, how could they not be manipulated by governments and media outlets.

I cant even blame any government or organisation for manipulating retards and their opinions.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Atleast you guys were lucky to have a debate with this creature @C T

I have been told that I am a fraud, that I have been "scanned" but as for further details and anything on the topic

Silence... Like death... They just dissapear in bushes, when asked for any reasoning or evidence.

I am so curious if anybody scans my humble and minor persona. Why not provide details

Oh, and he flamed me for "liking" the posts of someone who actually posts constructive and meaningful advice on cultivation and internal arts. How Could I do that, really. So, Ashamed of myself.

Back to the topic, if people are so stupid, how could they not be manipulated by governments and media outlets.

coochy coo 

you're so cute when whining

Oh look! You dropped your rubber nipple.. 

No wonder you're such a cockwombler 

(thats actually a word. look it up lol) 

5 minutes ago, C T said:

coochy coo 

you're so cute when whining

(thats actually a word. look it up lol) 

does anyone question that you are retarded yet?

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

does anyone question that you are retarded yet?

you would know retarded. Even your shadow's handicapped. lol

9 minutes ago, C T said:

Even your shadow's handicapped.

what is shadow?

17 minutes ago, C T said:

I have learned how to talk and communicate with mortals / humans. I did go to international university.

But I dont know how to talk with... whatever you are. You don't show signs of intellect of a human being.

@gatito any advice, you seem as someone who know thing or 2 about different species, to which does @C T belong?

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, C T said:

You've taken my comment out of context, so, in the hope of some objectivity, let me clarify: The small blip was in reference to China's modern record of diplomacy in engaging with other nations. Comparatively, the relentless record of on-going, prolonged oppressive manipulation by the US far exceeds the severity of that one aggressive undertaking from China. I shouldn't need to quote the past atrocities of the US to put things into proper perspective, but when considering the bigger picture, such perspectives do matter. 

I only wanted to point out the uncanny similarity of language.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Government’s testing chief admits none of 3.5m coronavirus antibody …

The UK government’s new testing chief has admitted that none of the 3.5 million antibody tests ordered from China are fit for widespread use. Professor John Newton, who was appointed by health independent.co.uk"-

That is awful.  As things begin to normalize, I suppose we'll be dividing society into those who had it, thus immune and can go to work and those who are vulnerable.    There might be a sizeable population that has had it and doesn't know.  A test showing they have immunity would be important. 

And the question of, do they have immunity or is Covid19 more like the cold & flu, a constantly evolving threat. 

3 hours ago, GSmaster said:

@gatito any advice, you seem as someone who know thing or 2 about different species, to which does @C T belong?

C T appears to be a carbon-based lifeform, which is unable to locate the Ignore function.

Incidentally, are you trying to pass the Turing Test by keeping C T on tilt?

Dean Koontz predicted this in 1981 I believe. As RAW has clearly stated, science fiction writers reincarnate from the future to the past to write about the future.

7790FAEA352042AEBB3F4FE8CFF48D5B.jpg

FF2A3A7EB3E8495D9DE5D9C2C4E1E39F.jpg

6B88A61E8D504A39AE8152A081B876AF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is alot of discussion here about which country did that or this pre-covid.  Yet, the thread is: nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only.  I am very interested in current development and prevention.  I believe we all have a need for that!  Who was a bigger asshole pre-covid-19, maybe not so much. How many here, are contributing to a useful, current information pool, about a common enemy?

Edited by moment

46 minutes ago, ralis said:

Dean Koontz predicted this in 1981 I believe. As RAW has clearly stated, science fiction writers reincarnate from the future to the past to write about the future.

Yes! I love good sci-fi writers.

12 hours ago, thelerner said:

That is awful.  As things begin to normalize, I suppose we'll be dividing society into those who had it, thus immune and can go to work and those who are vulnerable.    There might be a sizeable population that has had it and doesn't know.  A test showing they have immunity would be important.

It seems to me that since isolation is rather imperfect in most places, and the majority of people are not wearing their masks correctly (at least in Ecuador, and I assume in many other places), that this thing will just keep going around and around till it gets everyone.

And the question of, do they have immunity or is Covid19 more like the cold & flu, a constantly evolving threat. 

There are stories that people who have been cured still test positive and can get sick again.

Edited by Starjumper

I have been told that one of the major symptoms of this virus is loss of taste and smell.

Can anyone verify this?

Some of my family already got it and walked through, and in most cases you just know it is it by symptoms / sit home / don't get tested.

So the official data is atleast 3-4x lower than actual number of sick people

Edited by GSmaster

On 4/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, ralis said:

After looking into this, it appears the Wuhan reference is a later edit, and not found in the original 1981 edition.

And the second photographed quote is from a(n also later) Sylvia Browne work called End of Days.