Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

2 hours ago, dawei said:

I know that Trump gave you these ideas, but "some effectiveness" without data is meaningless. I also read the links you provided and the following is important to note. There is a vast difference between in vitro and in vivo. The study is quite small with limitations as cited below. I cited the PDR on this awhile back in this thread and one would be wise to read the well known contraindications and underlying conditions which would prove problematic.

VERDICT
Several in vitro studies report antiviral activity of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine against SARS-CoV-2. In vivo data, although promising, is currently limited to one study with considerable limitations. On the basis of the weak evidence available to date, treatment guidelines have already incorporated the usage of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine for certain patients with COVID-19.

Further research should address the optimal dose and duration of treatment, and explore side effects and long-term outcomes.

There is a higher risk of side effects in the presence of renal and liver impairment, and there have been isolated reports of COVID-19 disease-causing renal and hepatic injury.

Over twenty in vivo clinical trials have already been registered to test the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19.

Contraindications for the use of these drugs must be checked for each individual before treatment. Empirical evidence suggests that hydroxychloroquine has a better safety profile, and it might therefore be preferable to focus research efforts on this less toxic metabolite.

This NY Doctor has made extraordinary claims, but so far has provided no evidence.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2020/03/30/New-York-doctor-touts-use-of-hydroxychloroquine-as-coronavirus-treatment

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ralis said:

I know that Trump gave you these ideas, but "some effectiveness" without data is meaningless. I also read the links you provided and the following is important to note. There is a vast difference between in vitro and in vivo. The study is quite small with limitations as cited below. I cited the PDR on this awhile back in this thread and one would be wise to read the well known contraindications and underlying conditions which would prove problematic.

This NY Doctor has made extraordinary claims, but so far has provided no evidence.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2020/03/30/New-York-doctor-touts-use-of-hydroxychloroquine-as-coronavirus-treatment

Trump Is behind the Chinese and French studies and told me there are public reports by researchers...

Please.  

These are public reports. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Trump Is behind the Chinese and French studies and told me there are public reports by researchers...

Please.  

These are public reports. 

Alas.... Trump is only behind himself lol

He don't give a rats behind about any research, only what he & his cronies can make out of a potential wonder drug. 

Isn't that already obvious to anyone with a fair degree of awareness? An awareness, perhaps, of the latest fiasco with the 200k masks going to commercial entities in NY would be a good starting point for reflecting on the degree of his resolute greed and fear. Fear that he will no longer be the centre of attention. Fear of losing the election. Fear that he, his family and his close buddies will not gain financially from this unseen enemy slowly crippling the country.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, C T said:

He don't give a rats behind about any research, only what he & his cronies can make out of a potential wonder drug. 

Isn't that already obvious to anyone with a fair degree of awareness? An awareness, perhaps, of the latest fiasco with the 200k masks going to commercial entities in NY would be a good starting point for reflecting on the degree of his resolute greed and fear. Fear that he will no longer be the centre of attention. Fear of losing the election. Fear that he, his family and his close buddies will not gain financially from this unseen enemy slowly crippling the country.

He will say anything to look better and justify is action and inaction as being part of an imaginary master plan that his followers and supporters believe that he has. If one looks at the actions themselves in retrospect empty of his boastful words, it all looks quite ridiculous, but his acolytes will keep trumpeting him and justifying him like a gospel of coprophages. Look at how George W. Bush's supporters have forgotten him but were the loudest and most vocal at the time of his regime. Nixon of course has his apologists, but we need not go there as the man was a miserable little pile of secrets and insecurities. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, C T said:

He is afraid of going to prison which is exactly what the NY AG has in mind for Trump and his family. 

• Like 1

This is not preventive, but connected to helping in this time of crisis,

Urgent call for 1 Million Meditators to liberate and reclaim our world on April 4, 2020 at precisely 10:45PM EST when a celestial stargate opens. Please see link for more details:

https://mailchi.mp/dfb4970313b3/global-unity-and-peace-meditation-3-more-days-1301429?fbclid=IwAR2OFKqtCtgM_LXseeO9apeK9RbmOwN1x-5HTu5wq5-w7Ui-BM0QWcqyZLU

Thank you!

--

🌍🌎🌏 *** PLEASE READ if you are taking part in the MASS MEDITATION today *** 🌍🌎🌏

This is an important message from Micheila Sheldan for everyone participating in the mass meditations.

If you are participating in a mass meditation today, keep this in mind.

Any time you are focusing energy at a problem, you are expanding it. Although the organisers of these mass meditations are coming from the heart, I notice some of them instructing mass groups to focus on eliminating the disease and changing the timeline. An intention stated in this way is equal to resistance and control, and has its core in fear. Right now, we are in a hyper state of resistance and control on the planet, which is rooted in fear.

Who are we to take away any soul’s experience without truly knowing why they came to experience it? What if this time was planned by us long before coming, and is meaningful to humanity and the earth? And what if the ‘virus’ already has an exit point that we are tampering with in the same way our government has tampered with us? Some things to consider…

The Guides have been crystal clear on this topic for years. If you choose to participate today, focus on peace.

Choose a target well outside the range of the current global situation and timeline.

Picture yourself in the middle of nature surrounded by others who are happy and at peace.

See a world where everyone lives free and healthy.

Imagine free energy technologies and equal abundance for all. Or meditate just for yourself, until the frequency of fear melts into a state of neutrality and relaxation.

Really feel into this relaxation and freedom. It isn’t selfish, it is necessary.

When we reach a state of consciousness that vibrates beyond the problem, and can be right where we are without resistance, we are so powerful. We are aiming to reach outside of current timeline to draw new energy that brings understanding, expedited healing and more options.

The solution never lies within the problem.

---

Thank you!

Edited by emptycup
  • Like 1

Well, it’s happened, the ward that I clean has now become a Covid ward. I’d heard that it was changing from elderly to covid last week, but I didn’t think they’d keep me on it as I’ve not been cleaning all that long. But possibly because it’s my normal ward, along with the fact that a number of the other cleaners are a bit older, they’ve kept me on it.

Firstly, the whole ward is cleaner than I’ve ever seen it. When they took all the beds out they’ve given it a good clean so the floors are looking better than ever. Secondly, they’ve bolted the windows shut and just put in little ventilation holes. This is a shame as it can get really hot in the wards, and when it does all the windows are opened to create a nice breeze, but not any more. Understandable though as it is an airborne virus.

When we get flu infections in a ward, there are fairly straight forward procedures in regards to enhanced cleaning and PPE. I’ve often cleaned infectious rooms and never caught anything by doing it, so I’m fairly confident in them working. But the main change is that we now have to put on scrubs before we enter the ward which are then left in the hospital afterwards so we don’t risk taking home contaminated clothes.

This would seem prudent, but the organisation around this has been poor, as no one was clear exactly where we had to get changed, and there were worries about there not being enough kit. But it did feel just like a teething problem rather than anything serious.

The ward is in some ways quite nice to work in now. Previously it had 5 bays with 8 beds each and 5 side rooms for individual patients, but they’ve reduced the number of beds in each bay to 4, which gives us much more space.

There are also no visitors allowed. Now I know that it’s really good for the patients to have them, but there can be so many at times it does make it easier not to have them around while working.

The ward was very empty of patients at the beginning of the shift, but there was a slow stream being wheeled in. These were actually just from them being transferred from other wards as the re-arranging is still going on.

Being an elderly ward before, all of the patients then seemed really quite comfortable being there, and they were often more concerned about their right to have a cup of tea than what was actually wrong with them.

This is different, there were still some elderly patients there, but half of them were also in their 30’s and 40’s. These younger people looked like they couldn’t quite believe what has happened to them.

The ‘nice’ thing about the ward is that it’s not intensive care, it’s just people who are experiencing strong flu symptoms but nothing visible was really wrong with them. They might be sleeping or awake lying with a mildly bemused look on them, but they were not suffering or in distress.

From a selfish point of view this makes the job easier, because as a cleaner you don’t always get to relate to other members of staff in a natural way, so when you see something upsetting, you kind of have to bottle it up a bit at times. So as the patients seem to be doing ok-ish at the moment, that wasn’t necessary this time.

I’ve never been any good a finishing essays – so this is where this one stops ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So here are some interesting links this Monday morning in Manila. 

As we already know, it is not wise to go against the Trump regime, which I will set up as a parallel given how many authoritarian populists are running the world right now: https://www.rappler.com/world/regions/us-canada/257092-pentagon-chief-defends-firing-navy-captain-voiced-concern-coronavirus

Strangely, we see a very similar situation here in the Philippines for criticizing the Duterte regime: https://www.rappler.com/nation/257071-ue-campus-journalist-forced-apologize-criticizing-duterte-government-online

One mayor is being probed for the simple reason that he was actually helping his constituents while the sycophants in Duterte's cabinet and congress are targeting him for what is essentially embarrassing the national government and the rest of the municipalities, all while following extended community quarantine protocols even before they were in place--in other words, they are retroactively applying the law to his actions that took place before they passed the order. How curious. https://www.rappler.com/nation/256953-duterte-distances-self-nbi-probe-against-vico-sotto

Meanwhile, Chinese imperial colonial masters advisors have arrived in the Philippines, while I am awaiting @Walker to chime in if he doesn't already have a few thoughts already rumbling in his head at the sad state of things with this: https://www.rappler.com/nation/257050-chinese-experts-arrive-philippines-help-coronavirus-response

And the current number of cases, 3,246 with 152 deaths: https://www.rappler.com/nation/257054-coronavirus-cases-philippines-april-5-2020

Fantastic way to start week four of our quarantine here in Manila... 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 4/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, C T said:

:) nope, but regionally, we're practically neighbours. Thus I'm quite familiar with the goings-on around these parts. 

Ummmm, a simple, unadorned "nope" would have sufficed.

I have been "practically neighbors" with Malaysia for 13 years. 

Reflecting upon what I have learned about Malaysian politics by virtue of being a short flight from Malaysia for a dozen years tells me that being "practically neighbors" with a country means very little. Ditto for being "practically neighbors" with Mexico for decades; I can scarcely describe how that country runs. Nobody magically absorbs detailed knowledge of history and politics by virtue of geographical location. 

And if people did, then you probably would not have said... 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, C T said:

I think the way they invaded Tibet was despicable, but at least they were upfront about it, and made no attempt to sugarcoat the invasion, like what the other superpower in the West habitually does, and none too successfully, I might add. 

Are you joking?

When, ever, has any CCP mouthpiece said anything along the lines of, "well, you see, the invasion of Tibet was just a straightforward land grab and power grab. We sent our army in there, killed a shit ton of people, shelled and dynamited and smashed tens of thousands of religious sites ranging from small shrines to majestic monasteries, threw shit tons more of people into gulags for torture to keep the population well subjugated, and now we're busily eliminating the vestiges of their traditions by attempting to erase the Tibetan language and nomadic lifestyle whilst filling the country with surveillance and snitches as we strip its natural resources. Easy peasy, nothing special here!"

If you actually have seen CCP mouthpieces describe the invasion of Tibet in this way, please provide a link or a bibliographical reference. 

Because so far as I know,  it's sugarcoating alllllll the way. The typical exuses:

-We did invade Tibet, yet, but you see actually we owned Tibet all along and forever. Therefore it was ours to invade and subjugate. This is a Chinese "internal affair," foreign interlopers needn't get involved.

-We did invade Tibet, which was a separate country. But it was for their own good. We had to liberate the Tibetans from feudalism. They are grateful to us.

-We did not invade Tibet. There was never really any invasion, very few Tibetans ever died, we merely brought order to our unruly province, everything else you hear is lies from the CIA and the "wolf in sheep's clothing" Dalai Lama separatist.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, C T said:

What sets them apart in their dealings with the outside world is the absence of aggression, save for one small blip - Tibet.

Are you joking?

"One small blip?"

If Malaysia got invaded by another country tomorrow, would that be "one small blip" as well?

Now,

I am welllllllllll aware of the common PRC propaganda refrain, "we Chinese, what with our grand 5000-year-old civilization, never commit aggression outside of our borders, unlike those other evil civilizations out there."

I have heard this chorus be sung by glassy-eyed parrots more times than I can count.

Yet... Are you aware, for instance, that within the span of time that the nascent US existed, while its European colonials were committing genocide against American Indians and holding Africans as slaves, the Qing dynasty conquered Xinjiang and also committed genocide there? Are you aware that this is why Xinjiang is part of the PRC map? 

Are you aware, also, that the Chinese military has in very recent years militarized the South China Sea (despite repeated public promises not to install any military hardware whatsoever on what it originally claimed were "research stations"); claimed international waters as well as other nations' territorial waters; and has a belligerent fishing fleet that is fully integrated with its navy, thereby amounting to a maritime militia that is already involved in violent clashes?

If you are not well aware of what I am describing above, this would explain your strange ability to glibly repeat standard CCP propaganda talking points vis a vis Tibet. (Although I acknowledge that you negatively appraise the invasion as well as the PRC's lack of human rights). 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, C T said:

The reason I'm choosing to remain curious about possible US culpability by citing the Sept '19 anomaly and how it was likely swept under the rug is because thats consistent with what this US administration's lack of transparency is famed for. 

If you wish to dig into the possibility of a relationship between the vaping-related hospitalizations and the novel coronavirus, why not. You might find something interesting. But keep in mind...

-That event was not actually swept under the rug. It was widely-reported on while it was occurring; I read numerous reports in mainstream outlets with great interest as the problem unfolded last year.

-If the coronavirus we are seeing now was somehow placed into vaping juice in order to start a pandemic, why would it not have started an epidemic in the US? The pandemic did not reach the US until after there was already a pandemic affecting China and elsewhere? Occam's razor seems to render the argument that the vaping deaths in the US somehow transported a virus to central China as part of a malignant master plan rather untenable.

-Is the wumaodang involved in spreading this rumor/conspiracy?

-If it still seems likely to you that this is all a big conspiracy, then there remains the question: where is most of that off-brand vaping juice imported from? Same place as all those deadly bath salts and deadly novel THC derivatives, I believe... I'll let you guess where that is.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Walker said:

Now,

I am welllllllllll aware of the common PRC propaganda refrain, "we Chinese, what with our grand 5000-year-old civilization, never commit aggression outside of our borders, unlike those other evil civilizations out there."

Dont china consider Taiwan part of itself? And there is constant "social media war" around this topic?

Just now, GSmaster said:

Dont china consider Taiwan part of itself? And there is constant "social media war" around this topic?

Yes, and it regularly threatens to invade the island with the military. Communist China claims to own Taiwan, even though the country has never for even one minute been a part of its territory.

In fact, this obsession on the part of the PRC is a major part of the reason that the WHO continued to repeat the lie that there was no human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus long after this fact was discovered and brought to their attention by Taiwanese public health officials. Even though the PRC only pays a paltry part of the WHO's budget, its political power nevertheless stifles Taiwan's voice on the international stage, and thus Taiwan's warnings went mostly unheard while much of the world continued to be led astray by the communist party's wishful thinking/lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 8:19 PM, SirPalomides said:

Knowledge of recent and less recent history of the American media and its pro-war, xenophobic bias is not a “crystal ball.” Nor is recognizing a well-laid pattern. 

There is no monolithic "the American media,"* regardless of whether the person pointing the finger and boiling everything down to a hypersimplified bugbear is you, or Donald Trump. Media in America contains a panoply of voices, many of which are simultaneously very anti-Trump, very anti-American hegemony and warmaking, and at the same time, very anti-CCP.

Perhaps you are new to following the PRC's portrayal in English-language media, and thus it seems to you all-of-a-sudden the PRC is getting a lot of negative attention, just at the same time as Trump is trying to shift blame for his own tremendous culpability for the disastrous US response to the coronavirus. Perhaps that apparent coincidence would make it seem like the anti-CCP tone in mainstream news is a new thing, and therefore reflects that media outlets are falling into rank behind Trump.

Be assured that they are not.

For one, it takes very little effort to see that papers that lambast Trump every single day are also questioning the CCP's statistics and scientific "facts" about coronavirus, thereby indicating that what you are seeing is not some "pro-war, xenophobic bias" with a drum for open conflict with China being beaten by those who have the wit to point question the statements made by its leaders, who all but the most foolish among us know are as habitually prone to lying as Trump is.

For two, anybody who has been a careful "China watcher" will have noticed that the uptick in reporting that paints the CCP in an ugly light began around when it became clear that Xi Jinping's anti-corruption purges were, essentially, purges of the opposition. That is approximately 2015. The upswing continued apace along with the militarization of the South China Sea with fortresses built on top of coral reefs; the unfolding of the human rights catastrophe in Xinjiang; and Xi's elimination of term limits. These things are what finally tore the rosy gauze from the international media's eyes. This gauze was especially thick between the 2001 WTO entry through to 2008 Olympics "look, China is going to join the modern world" propaganda party. Note that the gauze was already falling away well before the Hong Kong protests took off last summer. 

I read the entire Grayzone piece. It is good to question RFA, and any other source of news, for that matter. Nevertheless, deep familiarity with PRC hospitals and propaganda, as well as contact with acquaintances in China, means that that one article is far from enough to make me take the CCP's numbers and claims about coronovirus with anything other than a tired laugh. 

As for granularity, if whatever makes you tick is making you tick in such a way that you find yourself emotionally sidling up to a murderous totalitarian regime that stands for the exact opposite of the lifestyle you prove you presently enjoy by exercising your freedom of speech on this forum, then you needs to get granular. Never know when your sack full of opinions might actually become important, when certain real temptations in the real world, with real world consequences, pass your way. If you don't take a granular moral and intellectual accounting of the stuff in your bag now, it might be too late then

And I say this as a man who has walked, more than once. In the words of the poet Billy Danze:

But, I done passed up more shit

Than you may ever touch

*Finally, the irony of your pointing at the American medial like it is some sort of monolithic voice whilst you are defending the CCP is supreme. A few years ago when Xi Jinping began really tightening the choke chain around the necks of the media in China he went around and visited offices personally and declared that "the surname of the whole media in China is 'Party.'" And we ain't talking we likes to party party, either. I was there when that happened, and close friends with many in the media there, including one of the permanent reporters in Xi's own press attache, which follows him around wherever he flies on planet earth. He was then my baguazhang brother, somebody I regularly trained, dined, and chatted with--hell we smoked cigars when his first son was born. He's a member of Xi's press attache... This is no pro-US, "let's see China fail" shill, and even he was disgusted... There's a lot you learn when you're actually there, wherever there is. Around that same time I had tea with the head of a private TCM academy and a young woman she had just hired to do promotion for their company. The extremely intelligent young woman's previous employment? Investigative reporter. After hearing her describe her previous work with obvious love, I asked why she was now writing marketing copy. She replied that there is now no longer any way to have a viable career as an investigative reporter in China... In fact, after Xi's rise, the total number of investigative reporters in the entire country had dropped to less than one hundred. Fewer than 100 investigative reporters in a country of 1,400,000,000 people, with literally thousands of TV stations, newspapers, and online portals? What a fucking joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 1:21 AM, C T said:

In some ways, the CCP is similar to Nature. Work in accordance with its principles, and one can attain all of what one desires. Exert your will upon it, and sooner or later, one comes to a dead end.

Wow, more delusion. After years of seeing you share you insights into Buddhism, I had figured you were in the habit of using your mind better than you are here.

The CCP is similar to... nature? Work with its principles and attain what you desire?

Are you fucking joking?

You know what one of Chinese people's biggest complaints about the CCP is? There is no way to really work with it; there is no knowing what its principles really are; and there is no way to feel secure in possession of what one has attained, because it could all be taken away, arbitrarily, at any moment. And when that happens, there is no recourse, because the courts in China are a joke, the laws are merely there to give the semblance of governance, and corruption and greed still reign supreme. 

In fact, a huge if not the number one reason for China's problems with capital flight, profiteering at the expense of simple concern for humanity, and terribly low levels of social trust lies precisely in the fact that nobody there knows if the money in their bank account and the land/real estate they own won't be taken away tomorrow. It is not merely that if your village gets steamrolled to build a useless, crumbling-before-it's-finished skyscraper you will not win in court if you sue the local government. It's that they might just fucking kill you for protesting too loud. Or throw you away in "administrative detention" for two years. Or torture you.

All of this results in people desperate to make more money and squirrel it away outside of China, where reasonably functioning legal systems mean they have a modicum of confidence in being able to keep their money. It results in a terribly unbalanced society, and it is just one of many factors meaning that locals are both unwilling and unable to work toward building strong communities. 

In other words, under the CCP, dead ends come to you

Dude.

Your comments are fucking fantasy. "Similar to nature?" 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:21 AM, C T said:

At least they make clear and are more overt with the rules of engagement, and except for Tibet, have always been quick to render solutions to those who reach out for aid, without any threats nor arrogance in the negotiation processes, unlike the US. 

Pffffffffffffffft.

China has spent the last few years running around to small nations that recognize the sovereignty of Taiwan, offering them aid in exchange for breaking ties with the Taiwanese government. This is sooooooooo well documented, and it's just one example of a widespread pattern with Chinese aid money. 

Another disgusting recent example is that money was given to the Free University of Berlin by the Chinese government, in exchange for the university agreeing to follow Chinese law!

I sure wish you applied the same rigor to other things that you evidently do to Buddhism, now that you're getting all talky and stuff in subject matter that is clearly brand-new to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Meanwhile, Chinese imperial colonial masters advisors have arrived in the Philippines, while I am awaiting @Walker to chime in if he doesn't already have a few thoughts already rumbling in his head at the sad state of things with this: https://www.rappler.com/nation/257050-chinese-experts-arrive-philippines-help-coronavirus-response

Well, I'm a little petered out from taking the children to school today, and I'm sure they're tired from reading all their homework, so let me switch to a little multimedia presentation instead of writing another essay. 

Below is video taken in Wuhan of a tea of a team of local CCP cadres who drive around for photo ops in front of hospitals and clinics. The person who makes the video narrates in Chinese that they show up every single day, when they get into formation, hold up a big red flag, take a photo, and then get into their cars to drive away. Shockingly, the video ends with one of the cadres taking the big bundle of hazmat suits and throwing them into a trash can--what unbelievable and utterly unconscionable waste, and yet par for the course, given that observers of some of the warehouses holding PPE sent from overseas donors early in the pandemic said that cadres were coming and commandeering the donations meant for hospitals for their own use!

Anyway, I cannot say, @Earl Grey, that there are no good-hearted, noble doctors amid the team sent to the Philippines. Hopefully there are some and hopefully their contributions will be useful. 

But to imagine that the CCP is not slavering at the thought of how to use this virus to expand and cement their power, is (as of course I know you know) as naive as imagining that Jeff Bezos is not currently masturbating himself into a frenzy as he thinks about how many Alexas this disaster will help him sell. 

@C T @SirPalomides @ReturnDragon This video is especially for you guys who need serious a headcheck when it comes to how you see the CCP. 

I got the link through an article on covid in Chuang--hardly a hotbed of pro-US propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol you're requesting us to get our heads checked from one inconclusive video that you built a narrative around? Thats quite lame, Walker, seeing that one person threw one set of PPE into the bin, which, for all we know, some bird could have pooped on and rendered useless. Its inconclusive, at best, and I remain open to more convincing arguments. 

As for the trouble you took to refute my views, its appreciated, although there were one too many assumptions and self importance attached to raise the question whether the overall content is worthy of further scrutiny. Not to mention the frequent need to insult to prop up your views, which inadvertently renders your opinion less valuable overall. Not sure why your demeanour here have devolved to this extent, because the Walker from before, if i recall, was someone whose views I'd appreciated highly. 

Quite sad really. C'est la vie. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, C T said:

Lol you're requesting us to get our heads checked from one inconclusive video that you built a narrative around? Thats quite lame, Walker, seeing that one person threw one set of PPE into the bin, which, for all we know, some bird could have pooped on and rendered useless. Its inconclusive, at best, and I remain open to more convincing arguments.

If you understood the organization you are attempting to talk about here

You would instantly realize that that one video

Cannot be taken out of the context of the CCP's propagandizing

Because what they did there

Is par for the course

I have walked that course

Up close, intimate, and personal

I'm saying you need to check yourself

Not because of that one minute video

But because of everything I just painstakingly said

While you have found one little question mark to latch onto

A neat little exit

To scurry off into

As for the trouble you took to refute my views, its appreciated, although there were one too many assumptions and self importance attached to raise the question whether the overall content is worthy of further scrutiny. Not to mention the frequent need to insult to prop up your views, which inadvertently renders your opinion less valuable overall.

No it doesn't. Corroborating evidence stands or falls by virtue or its content, whether it is presented with a cherry on top, or hot sauce.

Harping about my tone of voice is a great dodge if you to find a way to excuse yourself form engaging with facts, though, I'll give you that.

Not sure why your demeanour here have devolved to this extent, because the Walker from before, if i recall, was someone whose views I'd appreciated highly. 

I'll explain it then, so that we may have surety.

Nobody will see a nice demeanor from me if they come on here piping up in un-thought-out support of groups such as:

Nazis

The KKK

The CCP

Especially if that support amounts to nothing more than parroting said groups' own propaganda. 

The trend should be clear now.

Quite sad really. C'est la vie. 

I'd rather be called an asshole for getting in the faces of people who blithely splash totalitarians' codswallop on these decks,

Than win a million bucks in the lottery.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'd rather be called an asshole for getting in the faces of people who blithely splash totalitarians' codswallop on these decks,

Than win a million bucks in the lottery.

My respect for you has risen immensely, and it was already pretty high. You are embodying the spirit of the 英雄, and I can not praise your integrity enough. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

My respect for you has risen immensely, and it was already pretty high. You are embodying the spirit of the 英雄, and I can not praise your integrity enough. 

Why's that, Earl Grey? Is that because he's glib in his words, or what? 

Here's a highly intelligent individual who seems to know all about the oppressive nature of the CCP, but refuses to acknowledge the possibility that there's currently a greater evil in the world that requires vigilant scrutiny. If effort to bring this to light is rendered as being sympathetic to the CCP, then such a view can only be deemed narrow and dysfunctional. 

And btw, shouldn't the true spirit of the hero be one of total openness, acuity and to have an underlying preparedness and unfathomable acceptance for welcoming different views? In today's world, the definition of a hero is one who delights in cheap-ish insults to carry across his or her opinions? Is this what defines a hero in your book?

I'm sincerely curious. 

4 minutes ago, C T said:

Why's that, Earl Grey? Is that because he's glib in his words, or what? 

A man of principle doesn't care about approval or what others think--he knows if something is wrong, he must act, for it is only when good men do nothing that evil is allowed to succeed. I myself have had many instances where the right thing was not the popular thing and the popular thing was not the right thing, and I chose the right thing to the ostracism of many, only to be vindicated much later.

6 minutes ago, C T said:

Here's a highly intelligent individual who seems to know all about the oppressive nature of the CCP, but refuses to acknowledge the possibility that there's currently a greater evil in the world that requires vigilant scrutiny.

So? There is evil in the CCP, and neither Walker nor I are ruling out that there are greater evils out there, but we can't ignore the CCP's as being a lesser evil in comparison--it is still engaged in abhorrent acts.

7 minutes ago, C T said:

And btw, shouldn't the true spirit of the hero be one of total openness, acuity and to have an underlying preparedness and unfathomable acceptance for welcoming different views?

That doesn't sound like a hero at all to me if that's your definition. It sounds more like someone who is agreeable, and to me those are dangerous individuals because they have silver tongues and please your ears while poisoning your tea. In my work in development and humanitarian aid, this has happened often to my colleagues and I, once where a Sri Lankan man was being very pleasant and accommodating but was eventually revealed to be attempting to kill us all before someone quickly pointed out what was going on. He didn't like our work helping the Tamils as he was Sinhalese, and old wounds run deep. I would like to point out that many politicians, especially populists, cult leaders, and psychopaths appear open and accepting, but are not actually open and accepting.

Here's a couple tropes to consider: 

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotNice

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil

11 minutes ago, C T said:

In today's world, the definition of a hero is one who delights in cheap-ish insults to carry across his or her opinions? Is this what defines a hero in your book?

Straw man argument or loaded question with assumptions. You're unsubtly conflating the issue with Walker's adamant stance, and it is not what I am saying at all. A hero to me is one who lives by principle and serves the highest good. 

12 minutes ago, C T said:

I'm sincerely curious. 

While I assume good intentions and your own curiosity, how it is communicated has some weight to it in that it has already been shown in the loaded question above.

Additionally, your suggestion at the beginning stating that a hero should be open to all perspectives greatly limits any answer outside of your own framework and paradigm, as I do not believe my answers will conform to that framework at all.

• Thanks 2