Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

58 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Wow... I adore her pastel work!

I used to work in those in my 20's.

Thanks for the recommendation, she's now on my radar.

Zaria Forman’s pristine, photorealist paintings of the ocean and remote, icy landscapes are painted by hand—quite literally using her fingertips to render marks in paint and chalk, rather than brushes. Traveling to far-flung corners of the globe affected by climate change, in order to source inspiration for her large-scale compositions, Forman takes photographs and creates sketches, working from these and her memory in the studio after she returns to the US. Past expeditions have included one to Greenland in which Forman retraced the 1869 journey of the American painter William Bradford. “In my work I explore moments of transition, turbulence and tranquility in the landscape and their impact on the viewer,” she has said.

image.png

Photorealistic art of sea and ice created by artist Zaria Forman with her fingers | Daily Mail ...

Zaria Forman at Winston Wachter Fine Art, Seattle.

A beautiful, passionate woman doing beautiful passionate work!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A dinosaur's head appearing out of the ice in the bottom painting! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moment said:

Zaria Forman

Don't believe the hype.  She takes a photo in her left hand and copies it with her right.   It's not an original painting. Then she talks about climate change and the magnitude of dark non-being that it represents ... or whatever sells today.  Is this art or more elephant dung on the wall with glitter ?   Feminism for retards.

If you want to see some women who have spend their life earning a craft and have something of their own to say:

https://youtu.be/1Dp88V6m8Tw

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Don't believe the hype.  She takes a photo in her left hand and copies it with her right.   It's not an original painting. Then she talks about climate change and the magnitude of dark non-being that it represents ... or whatever sells today.  Is this art or more elephant dung on the wall with glitter ?   Feminism for retards.

If you want to see some women who have spend their life earning a craft and have something of their own to say:

Your bitterness as a human is palpable. Is your comment meant to be a sympathy sponge? 

"Feminism for retards"? "Elephant dung"? Which of her works screams that into your little head? You poor little thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Are you a climate change denier?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C T said:

bitterness

Are you not bitter ?
How can you not be bitter at people fawning over elephant shit on a wall, have you no self respect?
Death to this bullshit world.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

No, he's just going round finding doors to jam his foot into and start spouting what he thinks others must buy instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Are you not bitter ?
How can you not be bitter at people fawning over elephant shit on a wall, have you no self respect?

I guess a wee measure of honesty in your admission is better than none at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rideforever said:

You obviously know very little about this kind of art and how much talent it takes.

I suspect a political bias here.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

Not only that but, a good art denier!

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, C T said:

A dinosaur's head appearing out of the ice in the bottom painting! 

Kudos, I was wondering how many people would see that!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Are you not bitter ?

Yet, with so much temptation, I have never said that of your world.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Recently I'm thinning acrylics way down and pouring them directly on the canvas to nice effect, tilting and allowing gravity to cause the colors to intermingle (mimicking the aggragates of life co-mingling). 

Do you thin the acrylics with water or with some sort of medium?  My partner has been working in acrylics lately and might want to experiment.

• Like 1

There was a huge space battle yesterday, the Pleiadians absolutely destroyed the Reptilians.  This has implications for Earth.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moment said:

What does pretty much been there mean?

I don't want to share that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stosh said:

I don't want to share that. 

You brought that up, as a fact to establish credibility on that post.  The fact that you will not share it, tells me, that you tend to run off at the mouth without thinking.*

*Edited out the word "since" and two commas because it was such clumsy writing.  I believe the original meaning is intact though.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, moment said:

Since, you brought that up, as a fact to establish credibility, on that post.  The fact that you will not share it, tells me, that you tend to run off at the mouth without thinking.

And there we have the rationale why I don't wish to share that far. 

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Do you thin the acrylics with water or with some sort of medium?  My partner has been working in acrylics lately and might want to experiment.

I use three pouring mediums.

Floetrol, Elmer's Glue and distilled water.

I use various mixtures of these three.

Premix in stored bottles marked and labeled.

100 floetrol

90 water 10 floetrol

65 glue 35 water

95 water 5 glue

100 water

I start with a 2 to 1 floetrol to paint mix, then add distilled water, or water glue mix until I get the right viscocity for the effect I'm hoping to create.

I also play around adding silicone, varathane, varnish, wd40, rain repellent, mineral spirits in with the paints just to see what arises.  When they go horribly wrong, I simply scrape them and pour over with another mixture.  Or use the mix as primer for another canvas... very little waste, though pouring takes a hell of a lot more paint than brush work... like 8x more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stosh said:

And there we have the rationale why I don't wish to share that far. 

I think that is a good idea.

3 hours ago, moment said:

Zaria Forman’s pristine, photorealist paintings of the ocean and remote, icy landscapes are painted by hand—quite literally using her fingertips to render marks in paint and chalk, rather than brushes.

Photorealistic art of sea and ice created by artist Zaria Forman with her fingers | Daily Mail ...

Zaria Forman at Winston Wachter Fine Art, Seattle.

A beautiful, passionate woman doing beautiful passionate work!

These things must look incredible live, where you see and get a feeling for all the dimensionality of the work.  Most cool.  I'll have to check if she has any displays in Chicago.  Not that they'd be open these days. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moment said:

Since, you brought that up, as a fact to establish credibility, on that post.  The fact that you will not share it, tells me, that you tend to run off at the mouth without thinking.

This forum has a certain kind who run away when asked direct questions or beat around the bush and avoid answering at all. A dirty and cowardly tactic the speaks volumes in revealing how dumb some are.