Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

2 hours ago, ralis said:

Dr. Fauci contradicted Trump on this and specifically stated that Chloroquine was not FDA approved due to toxic side effects and Trump said "I feel really good about it" in spite of the evidence. Trump is a madman and only is in it for fame and fortune.

This is not a Trump thread.  The above belongs in dedicated Trump threads.

Now to move on to chloroquine -- or rather hydroxychloroquine which is a bit safer (and given what we're dealing with, even if it's as toxic as chemotherapy for cancer or worse, when there's no other options, it shouldn't be turned down just because Trump likes it, it's better to look at the information itself rather than personalities -- at least in this case....  I won't take anything endorsed by Bill Gates or produced by a company he finances, but other than, most bets are off).  I've been onto hydroxychloroquine since mid-February when it was first used in China -- on February 17th they published, on February 19th I asked a friend who was going to Mexico for a day to get me this and that from the local pharmacies (they sell all medications OTC and I've used this wonderful feature of my-body-my-choice  health freedom many times in the past), and among other things asked her to get me chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine if possible.  It was no longer available at that point.  I also knew about remdesivir since early February because a friend was locked up in quarantine in Shanghai and was dispatching outstanding reports about the situation (he's a European who's lived in China for many years).  No luck on that one either.  The Mexican pharmacist suggested oseltamivir (Tamiflu) -- I knew better by then but told my friend, OK on that if nothing else can be procured.  I regret spending the money though -- they had tried it already in China by then and were not impressed -- but that was perhaps my counterpart of what stockpiling toilet paper is for the average scared person:  irrational but gets your nerves off the edge a bit.   

Hydroxychloroquine+azitromycin is something I would definitely want to have access to for the absolute worst case scenario (and no other) -- i.e. hospitals overrun, no help to get there, and the disease is turning unmanageable.  But the point is moot at this point.  I bought azitro at a pet store around the same time, intended for fish (but identical to what is used for humans), and I bought some quinine powder capsules and some quinine bark to powder and put into capsules.  I've some info on that which I didn't have a chance to study yet, so I've no idea about the efficiency at this point, chiefly I couldn't tell what the efficient dose might be.  If I figure it out, I'll share.   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Putin is building a temp hospital  with 500 beds ... good, he has a brain :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51972974

This year in the world: 
100,000,000 people will die, mostly from "old age", 
    2,500,000 from pneumonia, 
       500,000 from "flu" (mainly old people with pre-existing conditions); and 
         15,000 deaths attirbuted to "corona .. i.e they had corona antibodies along with the other pre-existing conditions

That's a grim tough people, no coddling there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

That's a grim tough people, no coddling there. 

They are tough people.  But, that 100,000,000 is a BS strawman argument, that is completely worthless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

This is not a Trump thread.  The above belongs in dedicated Trump threads.

Now to move on to chloroquine -- or rather hydroxychloroquine which is a bit safer (and given what we're dealing with, even if it's as toxic as chemotherapy for cancer or worse, when there's no other options, it shouldn't be turned down just because Trump likes it, it's better to look at the information itself rather than personalities -- at least in this case....  I won't take anything endorsed by Bill Gates or produced by a company he finances, but other than, most bets are off).  I've been onto hydroxychloroquine since mid-February when it was first used in China -- on February 17th they published, on February 19th I asked a friend who was going to Mexico for a day to get me this and that from the local pharmacies (they sell all medications OTC and I've used this wonderful feature of my-body-my-choice  health freedom many times in the past), and among other things asked her to get me chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine if possible.  It was no longer available at that point.  I also knew about remdesivir since early February because a friend was locked up in quarantine in Shanghai and was dispatching outstanding reports about the situation (he's a European who's lived in China for many years).  No luck on that one either.  The Mexican pharmacist suggested oseltamivir (Tamiflu) -- I knew better by then but told my friend, OK on that if nothing else can be procured.  I regret spending the money though -- they had tried it already in China by then and were not impressed -- but that was perhaps my counterpart of what stockpiling toilet paper is for the average scared person:  irrational but gets your nerves off the edge a bit.   

Hydroxychloroquine+azitromycin is something I would definitely want to have access to for the absolute worst case scenario (and no other) -- i.e. hospitals overrun, no help to get there, and the disease is turning unmanageable.  But the point is moot at this point.  I bought azitro at a pet store around the same time, intended for fish (but identical to what is used for humans), and I bought some quinine powder capsules and some quinine bark to powder and put into capsules.  I've some info on that which I didn't have a chance to study yet, so I've no idea about the efficiency at this point, chiefly I couldn't tell what the efficient dose might be.  If I figure it out, I'll share.   

You are not a moderator or doctor and the above advice can be dangerous! These threads are a little more open these days with several of us expressing concerns. I mentioned the Chloroquine in my thread which is apropos to this discussion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ralis said:

You are not a moderator or doctor and the above advice can be dangerous! These threads are a little more open these days with several of us expressing concerns. I mentioned the Chloroquine in my thread which is apropos to this discussion.

I didn't give any advice -- I shared my thoughts about what I would do for MYSELF and WHY. 

I lost a valuable thread with great advice from others, not just me, to your and Zork's thought-policing and trolling. You are potentially killing people, Big Brother.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Miffymog said:

Well - things are worse in the UK than the stats currently portray.

Last week all Covid-19 patients were being sent off to another hospital from the one I work at.

This week that hospital is now full.

Last week we had one ward as a temporary stay in area before they were sent off to that other hospital.

This week we are now up to three wards and in one of them one of the Dr's there caught it and is now on a ventilator himself.

Slowly all the wards are being transformed to Covid-19 ones, wing by wing ...

May I now, thank you for your frontline service, please stay well!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

!  

Am I missing something?  This is Earl Grey's thread, is it not?

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moment said:

Am I missing something?  This is Earl Grey's thread is it not?

Ah, yes, apologies, I switched between threads and forgot.  Will edit.  Could you please remove the quote?  The last time I deleted something a minute after posting it was already too late and Ralis grabbed that quote and trolled up a storm around the post the OP deleted.  Please let's not let him do it again.   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I lost a valuable thread with great advice from others, not just me, to your and Zork's thought-policing and trolling. You are potentially killing people, Big Brother.  

I also stated the dangers of these drugs in which a toxic dose of two grams is lethal. Your advice is not medical, but poses dangers since you are not a qualified health professional. Further, I am not big brother!

I AM a moderator of my PPD, honey, and I didn't give any "advice that can be dangerous" -- I shared MY thoughts about what I would do for MYSELF and never recommended anyone to obey doctor's orders since I'm not a doctor and don't dispatch orders.

I lost a valuable thread with great advice from others, not just me, to your and Zork's thought-policing and trolling.  Last warning.  You post any more of your anti-TM diatribes here and you're history.  Come here to learn or shut the fuck up and be gone.   

Sounds like a threat to me! I am history?

Edited by ralis

18 minutes ago, moment said:

They are tough people.  But, that 100,000,000 is a BS strawman argument, that is completely worthless.

What's bs about it? We all face threats ,certain death... It has truthiness no? The issue needs to be considered in such a light. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

I also stated the dangers of these drugs in which a toxic dose of two grams is lethal. Your advice is not medical, but poses dangers since you are not a qualified health professional. Further, I am not big brother!

You are, you are his little pathetic wannabe brother dreaming your totalitarian control dreams.  And who gave you the authority to "state the dangers of these drugs" -- or the mind-boggling IDIOCY of 2 grams being lethal -- are YOU a DOCTOR???  Who gave YOU the right and the authority to spread disinformation???

Get lost, VECTOR.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

What's bs about it? We all face threats ,certain death... It has truthiness no? The issue needs to be considered in such a light. 

I take exception with, using a natural process, to make disease numbers more acceptable.  I would expect a political statement from a politician but, I felt that was more so than normal.

5 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

You are, you are his little pathetic wannabe brother dreaming your totalitarian control dreams.  And who gave you the authority to "state the dangers of these drugs" -- or the mind-boggling IDIOCY of 2 grams being lethal -- are YOU a DOCTOR???  Who gave YOU the right and the authority to spread disinformation???

Get lost, VECTOR.

I obtained that info from the FDA and Dr. Fauci which is online for all to read!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ralis said:

Sounds like a threat to me! I am history?

16 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Ah, yes, apologies, I switched between threads and forgot.  Will edit.  Could you please remove the quote?  The last time I deleted something a minute after posting it was already too late and Ralis grabbed that quote and trolled up a storm around the post the OP deleted.  Please let's not let him do it again.   

Too late.

Stop.  Ralis, seriously.  Just stop.  

• Haha 2

I take exception with, using a natural process, to make disease numbers more acceptable.  I would expect a political statement from a politician but, I felt that was more so than normal.

Duly noted, that is precisely the argument presented. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

I obtained that info from the FDA and Dr. Fauci which is online for all to read!

Everybody gets it, deep breath time.

I missed it , when did Mr. Fauci become a god? I never even heard of him till a week ago.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Duly noted, that is precisely the argument presented. 

OK

3 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I missed it , when did Mr. Fauci become a god? I never even heard of him till a week ago.

I like Dr. Faucci.  He stands up to trump and even contradicts him and trump says nothing.  I don't know where Dr. Faucci gets so much credibility.  But, he seems like a guy who just wants to get it right.

Edited by moment
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like Dr. Faucci.  He stands up to trump and even contradicts him and trump says nothing.  I don't know where Dr. Faucci gets so much credibility.  But, he seems like a guy who just wants to get it right.

Dr. Fauci is Director of The Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases which is under the auspices of the NIH. Graduate of Cornell Med.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci

• Thanks 1

Trump probably likes him as well, and I see no reason for him not to. Shots are fine,just not cheap insulting ones... Other than joking around. 

Like saying I don't have an allergy to covid 19.😜

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moment said:

At the most recent press conference I saw, I couldn't help but note he seemed a bit like Steve Rogers before he became Captain America.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1