Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

I think the Chinese stats is the reason why other countries are trying a lockdown ... they feel that based on those stats it could work.  But are those stats legit ?

The German death rate is low, so then the question is are you looking at death rates for the virus or for the medical system in that country?

I found this on my FB page and I was thinking this recommendation of sleeping upright for COVID-19 patients may have validity. 

My mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure complicated by pulmonary blood clots and fluid which made it impossible for her to lie down and sleep for the night. Sleeping upright in her recliner enabled her to breath and that most likely extended her life for another five years. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, rideforever said:

I think the Chinese stats is the reason why other countries are trying a lockdown ... they feel that based on those stats it could work.  But are those stats legit ?

The German death rate is low, so then the question is are you looking at death rates for the virus or for the medical system in that country?

In Germany when there are underlying conditions, and a person dies after being infected, the cause of death is being attributed to the underlying condition and not the virus, according to what another member here shared (which I haven't verified as of yet, although it makes sense in regard to the numbers being presented). 

There is an article I shared in my ppd about a town in Italy which tested everyone and isolated any cases - effectively stopping the spread while the regions around them went what I'll call "critical."

Edit to add link here:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-21/one-italian-town-is-bucking-the-countrys-coronavirus-curve/12075048?pfmredir=sm

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 2

Well - things are worse in the UK than the stats currently portray.

Last week all Covid-19 patients were being sent off to another hospital from the one I work at.

This week that hospital is now full.

Last week we had one ward as a temporary stay in area before they were sent off to that other hospital.

This week we are now up to three wards and in one of them one of the Dr's there caught it and is now on a ventilator himself.

Slowly all the wards are being transformed to Covid-19 ones, wing by wing ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

In Germany when there are underlying conditions, and a person dies after being infected, the cause of death is being attributed to the underlying condition and not the virus, according to what another member here shared (which I haven't verified as of yet, although it makes sense in regard to the numbers being presented). 

It's been going on everywhere and for a longer time than most people suspect.  All the disproportionate flu deaths this season -- the CDC posthumously tested some now, and guess what...

In Russia, they've been purportedly dealing with a "community-spread pneumonia" -- while reporting extremely low numbers of Covid-19.  

In China, they made up "underlying conditions" in a lot of cases (otherwise doctors would get in trouble for losing so many patients).   This is true for the younger people too -- if they died this was chalked up to mythical underlying conditions.  In Italy, what they call "underlying conditions" is any kind of medical records the person has.  I wonder if there's many people in the world who don't have a medical record. 

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

There is an article I shared in my ppd about a town in Italy which tested everyone and isolated any cases - effectively stopping the spread while the regions around them went what I'll call "critical."

That's what I was talking about when I wrote about a true quarantine (separating the infected from the healthy) vs. a quarantine corridor (isolating the location but keeping the infected and the healthy together).   

• Like 2

Hydrochloroquine an antimalaria medicine, has shown 90% effectiveness vs Covid-19 in small group tested eradicating the virus a 6 after days of treatment.

• Like 3

BREAKING: New controlled clinical study conducted by doctors in France shows that Hydroxychloroquine cures 100% of coronavirus patients within 6 days of treatment (covidtrial.io)

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18/breaking-controlled-clinical-study-conducted-doctors-in-france-shows-hydroxychloroquine-cures-100-coronavirus-patients-within-6-days-treatment-covidtrial-io/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mitzy said:

BREAKING: New controlled clinical study conducted by doctors in France shows that Hydroxychloroquine cures 100% of coronavirus patients within 6 days of treatment (covidtrial.io)

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/18/breaking-controlled-clinical-study-conducted-doctors-in-france-shows-hydroxychloroquine-cures-100-coronavirus-patients-within-6-days-treatment-covidtrial-io/

China have been conducting successful trials with the Japanese drug Avigan long before any other country even realised how dire the actual situation was. Main ingredient of Avigan is favipiravir. Avigan was approved by the Japanese health ministry as a flu treatment back in 2014. Now big pharmas all over are racing to garner public confidence in their stocks by announcing "Breaking News - New Drug blah blah" almost on a daily basis. 

• Like 2

22 March '20

ABUJA: Nigeria reported two cases of chloroquine poisoning after US President Donald Trump praised the anti-malaria drug as a treatment for the novel coronavirus. Nigeria’s Centre for Disease Control warned that the World Health Organization hasn’t approved use of the drug against the virus.

Trump said Thursday that chloroquine and its less-toxic cousin hydroxychloroquine had shown “tremendous promise” to treat the new illness. The president doubled down on Saturday, telling his Twitter followers that hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin “taken together” could be “one of the biggest game-changers in the history of medicine”. He urged they “be put in use IMMEDIATELY”.

Trump also retweeted an online post about a small study of 26 patients that showed success in eradicating the new coronavirus when the two drugs were taken together.

26 tests. :(

Avigan already tested on 300 patients with 100% positive response. Recovery rate down to 4 days. 

You wont see Trump sharing in this promising news though. God forbid, no. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C T said:

22 March '20

26 tests. :(

Avigan already tested on 300 patients with 100% positive response. Recovery rate down to 4 days. 

Fine, use Both or Either , or alternate , just make something available, by the truckload now.

Yes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Fine, use Both or Either , or alternate , just make something available, by the truckload now.

Yes?

Something will be available in the next 4 - 6 weeks, in my estimate. Could be sooner. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Testimony from one Jordan Campbell who suffers from Quinism (the side effects of drugs classified under Quinolines) 

Throughout the 1990’s and beyond, I suffered unexplainable, crushing fatigue, bizarre neurological and cognitive issues and an altogether mysterious malaise—a devastating illness that I wouldn’t hex on my worst enemy. I didn’t climb for years and at one point, I could barely walk around the block. Moreover, I quietly concealed profound depression, reckless and unexplainable suicidal explorations to simply end what I can only describe as an unthinkable physical, mental and emotional nightmare. Through the grand mystery of ‘what happened in India’ and the years of recovery after, I continued to chase the dream of climbing mountains around the world. Unaware that I had a brain injury, I took several more expeditions to extreme high altitude (in Nepal, Tibet, Peru) where in some perverse way I felt like the apocalypse of what I had experienced somehow all made sense.

In 2008, more than 16 + years after the expedition, I randomly stumbled on an NPR story about the U.S. soldier murder-suicides at Fort Bragg—all pointing to an anti-malarial drug named Lariam [Mefloquine] as a likely the cause—along with the drug’s list of dark side effects that described my life in the 1990’s to the letter. Like the thousands of soldiers serving in our post 9-11 wars, diplomats, Peace Corps volunteers and civilians traveling the world to malarial areas, one common theme surfaced: we were poisoned. As a writer and freelance journalist, I reported on the story for Climbing and Outside magazines and even secured a 3500-word exposé for a well-known New York publication about the dangerous administration of the Mefloquine to our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq. I interviewed numerous veterans, victims, the pharmaceutical companies, doctors and clinicians and the FDA—I even interviewed officials at the U.S. Department of Defense. In 2012, the magazine killed my exposé—no surprise with a war weary public and a controversial ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ story—but after years of whistleblowing on Mefloquine, I just had to push a way from the table.

I have now lived with this disease for 28 years (this April). Once called Mefloquine Neurotoxicity Syndrome, it’s now being officially and clinically accepted by the veteran, PTSD and military communities as an official disease called “Quinism.” There are countless stories about the neurotoxic dangers of Mefloquine and Quinolines found through Google searches; there is now even an advocacy non-profit organization, fortified by science and research, called The Quinism Foundation. With somewhat advancing age, I struggle daily with the neurological issues from being poisoned clear back in 1992. These issues include speech and swallowing problems, body shocks, foot dragging, extreme fatigue, respiratory problems and alarming blood oxygen saturation issues. I also deal with classic brain injury problems: headaches, cognition, confusion and memory loss. This has, no surprise, affected all areas of my life personally, professionally and of course my ability to pursue climbing and mountaineering, a timeless place I look to for balance, clarity and spiritual growth.

Today I’m sharing with you, with unimaginable humility and gratitude (yes, every day is a gift…) my very personal and dark climber’s tale as a public service announcement with one main message: Quinolines, a specific class of anti-malarial drugs—are extremely dangerous. They affect a high percentage of people who take them—from Chloroquine, Mefloquine to a new generation called Tafenoquine. Quinolines have been administered to soldiers across the decades in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan—the side effects of poisoned soldiers mimicking PTSD—and an estimated 35million + people worldwide have taken Mefloquine. My opinion after 12+ years of investigation and research: using Quinoline drugs in any way is like playing Russian Roulette with your health: it doesn’t matter if you’re an elite Navy SEAL, Army Ranger or world-class athlete, a grandmother or a nine-year-old: your body is not above the drug when it goes neurotoxic in your bloodstream.

My decision to broadcast my story on social media today is my attempt to ‘jump in front of the bulldozer’ and to sound the alarm for those who may be asked or recommended to take Chloroquine for COVID-19. I recognize the administrations’ intention may be honorable to help the greater public good at this time, but if you’ve come this far reading I’ll only close by asking that you do your best to become educated about the side effects of Chloroquine, Mefloquine—and the entire family of Quinoline's—and know that Quinism is an irreversible disease that has silently affected millions of people around the world.

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, C T said:

He was talking about these kinds of drugs 2 days ago in his daily briefing.

Vitamin C also effective in avian CV strains.

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

He was talking about these kinds of drugs 2 days ago in his daily briefing.

Vitamin C also effective in avian CV strains.

You have no idea what I'm posting on this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@C T   Check out his briefing a couple of days ago, he was very excited about using existing drugs.

As for Field Hospitals in the UK, the Army does have some but they are very high tech and complicated devices manufactured by a company no doubt who makes a lot of money out of them.  Anyway they have a bout 8, and each one can take 150 odd patients, but only 2 ICUs.  I was really thinking about using large fields with thousands of patients.

But it seems the Government is unable to do anything new.
Crazy £330BN stimulus ... for £1BN you could trial every single candidate existing drug.  A large hospital costs about £500m to build from scratch.  You could have 600 of them for that money.

21 minutes ago, rideforever said:

@C T   Check out his briefing a couple of days ago, he was very excited about using existing drugs.

As for Field Hospitals in the UK, the Army does have some but they are very high tech and complicated devices manufactured by a company no doubt who makes a lot of money out of them.  Anyway they have a bout 8, and each one can take 150 odd patients, but only 2 ICUs.  I was really thinking about using large fields with thousands of patients.

But it seems the Government is unable to do anything new.
Crazy £330BN stimulus ... for £1BN you could trial every single candidate existing drug.  A large hospital costs about £500m to build from scratch.  You could have 600 of them for that money.

sigh

He was hyping on about a Chloroquine + Azithromycin cocktail. If you took the trouble to read my posts above, you'd have understood the cynicism behind why I said he'd rather lobby a potentially deadly drug with deadlier side effects than to reach out to China for a potential cure thats got more clinical hours (300 tests) as opposed to the flimsy 26 tests associated with Chloroquine. So he's basically this unchanging moron of an egomaniac who'd plug an unproven drug calling it tremendous despite the obvious ridiculous implications. 

Next time please... if you'd like to comment on my posts, do scan the thread to gather some direction and feel first. Thanks. But from the patterns I've observed from your postings, it appears that you're more interested in what you yourself want to express, and only offer a cursory reply to someone as a means to push your own ideas, most of which arent even that related to the OP. 

I could be wrong of course. Just an observation in case you'd like some feedback on your posting style. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, C T said:

sigh

He was hyping on about a Chloroquine + Azithromycin cocktail. If you took the trouble to read my posts above, you'd have understood the cynicism behind why I said he'd rather lobby a potentially deadly drug with deadlier side effects than to reach out to China for a potential cure thats got more clinical hours (300 tests) as opposed to the flimsy 26 tests associated with Chloroquine. So he's basically this unchanging moron of an egomaniac who'd plug an unproven drug calling it tremendous despite the obvious ridiculous implications. 

Next time please... if you'd like to comment on my posts, do scan the thread to gather some direction and feel first. Thanks. But from the patterns I've observed from your postings, it appears that you're more interested in what you yourself want to express, and only offer a cursory reply to someone as a means to push your own ideas, most of which arent even that related to the OP. 

I could be wrong of course. Just an observation in case you'd like some feedback on your posting style. 

Dr. Fauci contradicted Trump on this and specifically stated that Chloroquine was not FDA approved due to toxic side effects and Trump said "I feel really good about it" in spite of the evidence. Trump is a madman and only is in it for fame and fortune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Trump is a madman and only is in it for fame and fortune.

He'll be letting us off lightly if it was only that. 

@C T"You wont see Trump sharing in this promising news though. God forbid, no. "

You are basically saying that Trump is not interested in these kind of things, but that's quite wrong ... he is the first world leader I have heard who is talking about using existing drugs, and is enthused about it.  He was responding to using existing malarial drugs which have some side effects depending on how they are used.  Other drugs like the newer Japanese drug you mentioned is "under development", therefore has other risks.

But essentially, like with his early border closures from Wuhan, he is moving early on these things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

@C T"You wont see Trump sharing in this promising news though. God forbid, no. "

You are basically saying that Trump is not interested in these kind of things, but that's quite wrong ... he is the first world leader I have heard who is talking about using existing drugs, and is enthused about it.  He was responding to using existing malarial drugs which have some side effects depending on how they are used.  Other drugs like the newer Japanese drug you mentioned is "under development", therefore has other risks.

But essentially, like with his early border closures from Wuhan, he is moving early on these things.

Optimism noted. 

• Like 1

The UK Government has announced 12 week quarantine for 1.5 ish million old and ill people with their supplies delivered to their door.  Sounds good.  Maybe they can open up the rest of the country now.
They keep talking about slowing the virus down .. but we have 50 died yesterday with 20 in critical ... it's already pretty slow.  How slow you want it ... 5 years slow ? 
Slower than the flu ?
Can a country of 60 million people, 6th in world gdp, not cope with 50 dead people ? What are they doing with the billion dollars budgets they get every year, learning the violin ???

Watching the PM talking about the NHS, the NHS, the bloody NHS ... I can see what is happening.  People used to be ashamed to talk about their illnesses and doctors ... today it's the only thing they talk about, so sick they are, and hopeless, their lives devoid of meaning. 

In the future people will be born in hospital, with the whole country on lockdown, and a Netflix subscription pre-paid for them.  And that's how the matrix happens.
- ... people are already born in hospital !

Exactly, and is being born an illness ?
These people are crazy, they will eat their own children before they wake up.

Edited by rideforever

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

The UK Government has announced quarantine for 1.5 ish million old and ill people with their supplies delivered to their door.  Sounds good.  Maybe they can open up the rest of the country now.
They keep talking about slowing the virus down .. but we have 50 died yesterday with 20 in critical ... it's already pretty slow.  How slow you want it ... 5 years slow ? 
Slower than the flu ?
Can a country of 60 million people, 6th in world gdp, not cope with 50 dead people ? What are they doing with the billion dollars budgets they get every year, learning the violin ???

Watching the PM talking about the NHS, the NHS, the bloody NHS ... I can see what is happening.  People used to be ashamed to talk about their illnesses and doctors ... today it's the only thing they talk about, so sick they are, and hopeless, their lives devoid of meaning. 

In the future people will be born in hospital, with the whole country on lockdown, and a Netflix subscription pre-paid for them.  And that's how the matrix happens.

Amen Brother. 

Risk this virus, and maybe die, risk the meds ,and maybe lose health, but destroying your lives and country out of paralysis should not be up for debate. 

• Like 1

Putin is building a temp hospital  with 500 beds ... good, he has a brain :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51972974

This year in the world: 
100,000,000 people will die, mostly from "old age", 
    2,500,000 from pneumonia, 
       500,000 from "flu" (mainly old people with pre-existing conditions); and 
         15,000 deaths attirbuted to "corona .. i.e they had corona antibodies along with the other pre-existing conditions

• Like 2