Daniel

Hello

Hello,

My name is Daniel.  I am a middle aged, married, father of two living in America in the Pacific Northwest.  I am very new to Daoism.  All I know of it comes from internet research and a brief period where I was interested in and learning about Falun Dafa.  I come from a large Jewish family, but was not raised in an Orthodox home or with any substantive spiritual/religious practice. However, I have always been a spiritually inclined person. 

In my 30s, when my wife was pregnant with our first child, I started exploring Jewish Mystism in order to be prepared for any questions my child may ask about their heritage and what it means to be Jewish.  Since then, I have been learning, exploring, and developing an understanding of world religions and human spirituality. 

Even though I know very little about Daoism, I feel something special while learning about it.   That is inspiring me to learn more.

Sincerely,

Edited by Daniel
typo
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome and Shalom, sorry for the delay in approval. 

On 6/1/2020 at 4:47 PM, Daniel said:

Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here.

If I may ask, what branch of Jewish mysticism are you studying?

Of late, I've been doing more study of Mussar, which I wouldn't consider mysticism.  When I did some Kabbalic practice,  I kept it less study oriented and more experiential, like Abulafiahs Kabbalah which in my practice, was more sacred sound/chant oriented.    

Edited by thelerner

Hi @thelerner 

When I was more actively pursuing Jewish Mysticism, I spent time learning about the over arching concepts with some attention spent to practical applications.  It was academic; nothing too heavy.   I was learning at the local Chabad House 2-3 times a week over the course of 3 years.

• Like 1