Sign in to follow this  
Heartbreak

How to Meditate on Love? Romantic Love? Loving Kindness? Sexual Love?

How to Meditate on Love? Romantic Love? Loving Kindness? Sexual Love?

I have been instructed to feel and think about women whom I love and lust the most and “imagine to feel” all manner of love towards the women.

But for some reasons I can imagine the scenarios where I am happy and in love with women but I just can’t feel the love in my heart.

What can I do?

Edited by Heartbreak

21 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

I have been instructed to feel and think about women whom I love and lust the most and “imagine to feel” all manner of love towards the women.

But for some reasons I can imagine the scenarios where I am happy and in love with women but I just can’t feel the love in my heart.

What can I do?

Live life, find a good teacher, and quit posting on this forum in hopes of validating your opinions without actually challenging many of your consistently misinformed and harmful assumptions about life, mixing systems, women, and spirituality--not to mention the amount of fake news you spread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

What can I do?

A new thread almost everyday here! What or whom is instructing you? You certainly have problems with women which I suspect you may be an incel. 

4 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

What can I do?

Wait for the right one to come until you feel like this ......:wub:

• Like 1

There´s lot on the internet about meditating on loving kindness.  Just google "metta meditation."  Why limit yourself to just women though?  That seems a very odd instruction.  Better, I think, to aim for loving everybody, beginning with your self.

• Thanks 1

I'd avoid sexual stuff and/or random woman.  It'd be stirring the wrong pot.  

Meditation teacher Ajahn Brahms has said with metta meditations, start easy, with things you already like or love.  Say a pet, friend or family member.. even beloved place or thing..  Start meditating and internalizing its virtues.. amplifying positive feelings..  sunshine.. well being.. happiness.

Working with the heart, I've found it to be a larger more diffused area in the chest then I'd expected. 

Course part of cultivation is to not to be positive and heart felt for 1 hour then negative for 12 hours.  So beware negative sources of news and try to stop negative thoughts before they grow too much and chase there own tail.

You want strange, you may want to look into Chod meditaiton.  In my mind extreme metta where you sacrifice your body, feeding it to a demon, as an ultimate selfless act.  On Youtube there's a pretty good guided meditation on it, but in the beginning I'd recommend what Mr. Brahms has said- start with something you already love, so its easy and not faked or forced. 

addon>   While meditation is nice, deeds and actions are real.  Volunteering- doing 'Karma Yoga' is also a good way to work with the heart.  Perhaps there's a charity nearby you can help regularly. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

for some reasons I can imagine the scenarios where I am happy and in love with women but I just can’t feel the love in my heart.

16 hours ago, thelerner said:

Perhaps there's a charity nearby you can help regularly.

th?id=OIP.FItbdJ6QZybhvNOjxUfSLwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

17 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Better, I think, to aim for loving everybody, beginning with your self.

Hi LL,

Can we suggest this ~ don't seek attention at TDB but within your self... ?

th?id=OIP.yrq_e1Pse6P5koIIF-JAWwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

tumblr_nr0yisoQuH1ta02jso1_500.gif

- Anand

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 2:00 AM, Heartbreak said:

Hi Heartbreak,

Try and meditate on emptiness. Nothing will break... especially your heart...

tenor.gif?itemid=12324138

- Anand

On 01/03/2020 at 6:00 PM, Heartbreak said:

How to Meditate on Love

What would like to do ?  To feel your own heart, or are you looking for romantic love ?

15 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What would like to do ?  To feel your own heart, or are you looking for romantic love ?

This guy is heartbroken. The OP says all.

17 minutes ago, rideforever said:

All manner of love which I can feel in my own heart not just romantic love.

19 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

There´s lot on the internet about meditating on loving kindness.  Just google "metta meditation."  Why limit yourself to just women though?  That seems a very odd instruction.  Better, I think, to aim for loving everybody, beginning with your self.

Well I like to start with something that appeals to my heart.

Which masters or links are best at teaching metta meditation do you think?

Edited by Heartbreak

7 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

This guy is heartbroken. The OP says all.

I want to be the most loving person on this plane regardless of whether others love me or not.

Edited by Heartbreak

4 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

I want to be the most loving person on this plane regardless of whether others love me or not.

Join a monastic order and you will have all the time in the world. 

Sounds like you need to get a life first. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

All manner of love which I can feel in my own heart not just romantic love.

One way is to play some gentle music that makes you feel love, whatever that is.  Then gently breathe into the heart.  As you breathe in feel this area, and as you breathe out rest deeper within.  The location is roughly between the nipples on the centre line, depth wise start on the surface of the skin but rest further within.

When you do this be honest about what you feel.  Often painful feelings come up at first ... let yourself feel them honestly.

This is Anahata Chakra.

Edited by rideforever
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

One way is to play some gentle music that makes you feel love, whatever that is.  Then gently breathe into the heart.  As you breathe in feel this area, and as you breathe out rest deeper within.  The location is roughly between the nipples on the centre line, depth wise start on the surface of the skin but rest further within.

When you do this be honest about what you feel.  Often painful feelings come up at first ... let yourself feel them honestly.

That is New Age feel good BS. To open the heart is to feel the pain and sorrow of the world. That in and of itself is more than most can handle. He can’t handle anything!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Young man:
Go change your nickname to something that is more lively and delightful. Meditation will not bring you love but good health. Having a healthy mind and body will make you a better person. All the good things will come into your path.

37 minutes ago, ralis said:

That is New Age feel good BS. To open the heart is to feel the pain and sorrow of the world. That in and of itself is more than most can handle. He can’t handle anything!

What’s wrong with feeling pain and sorrow of this world if you can open your heart?

I think Ralis is the one suffering from heartbreak instead of me.

35 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Young man:
Go change your nickname to something that is more lively and delightful. Meditation will not bring you love but good health. Having a healthy mind and body will make you a better person. All the good things will come into your path.

Meditation will bring love into my heart which is the internal love of god which I am looking for not external love in women.

2 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

Meditation will bring love into my heart which is the internal love of god which I am looking for not external love in women.

This is a good start on your thinking so far. :)

17 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

What’s wrong with feeling pain and sorrow of this world if you can open your heart?

I think Ralis is the one suffering from heartbreak instead of me.

I have felt what I described and you can’t handle it and you don’t have a clue what you are asking for. I suggest reading Irena Tweedie’s “Daughter of Fire.” If that doesn’t discourage you then go find an authentic Sufi Master. 

https://www.amazon.com/Daughter-Fire-Spiritual-Training-Master/dp/0963457454/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Daughter+of+Fire&qid=1583180165&sr=8-1

Edited by ralis

Love is associated with the heart. the energy point below the heart is associated with power or independence so having shelter, food and clothing under your own power is necessary before love comes to town. I suggest setting the foundation as strong as possible.

1 minute ago, ralis said:

I have felt what I described and you can’t handle it and you don’t have a clue what you are asking for. I suggest reading Irena Tweedy’s “Daughter of Fire.” 

This is why I said you suffer from heartbreaks.

I don’t think you have a clue about what or whom I am nor what I can handle.

Sign in to follow this