skyblue

Hello, fellow daoists!

Hello everyone.

My name is Sean, and I am a 20 year old guy who came in contact with Daoism a year and a half back. Since then, I have been continuously pursuing its doctrines and searching for the translated stuff to read and purify my mind with.

I started with the works of Dr. Wayne Dyer regarding Daoism and also with a number of speeches of Alan Watts. Each of their words word seemed to send me into a whirling galaxy of new thoughts and ideas. I don't know why, but the whole set of philosophies seemed to be custom made for myself.

Then, I looked into its history and a whole new world opened before me.

I came in contact with quite a lot of stuff, such as internal alchemy, the Taoist immortals, the Qi and the spirit and a ton of the metaphysical stuff. Usually, I would scoff at such stuff and move on, but this time, I didn't. Internal alchemy wasn't something I could practice, so although I have it a place in the corner of my heart, I rarely gloss over it. But about the rest, I totally believe in them now. I joined a Tai Chi class and the steps of the exercise seemed to be expounding the stuff I had heard time and time again from Watts and Dyer. Something in all of this tells me that the Qi, and the meridians/energy channel stuff is definitely not a mere hoax. Far from it. It was amazing!

And then a while back, I heard about the works of Zhuang Zi, and this has totally blown away my mind. The way the great sage presents his work seems to work just right for me, and I could comprehend more things than I could with the Dao De Ching. So, I have been looking into his teachings through his book, and his life and so on.

That's been my journey so far. No one around me in their right minds would bother to discuss the Way with me, given their hectic lifestyles so this community is heaven sent to me. I truly hope to learn from everyone here.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the site and find some similar souls.