Jay78

Starting Nei Gong for kundalini

Hi guys

I've been practicing simple meditation where I just observe thought and leave them alone. A no thought state is fairly simple at this point.

I recently been wondering why my kundalini doesn't move much and is active but not very.....

Then I found out about qi gong and nei gong via book reviews on Amazon with A comprehensive guide by Damo Mitchell recieving rave reviews.

What I wanted to ask you experienced practitioners is can I start a Nei Gong practice by just following a book as there are no classes near me whatsoever.

I want to really give this a go as the practices seem to get energy moving and clearing/cleansing the energy system which just isn't happening with my meditations and other Hindu based practices like mantra etc have limited effect for me.

Nei Gong seems ideal.

Thanks 

Edited by Jay78

5 minutes ago, Jay78 said:

What I wanted to ask you experienced practitioners is can I start a Nei Gong practice by just following a book as there are no classes near me whatsoever.

No.

• Thanks 1

So what's the alternative as Nei Gong classes in UK are few and far between.

I do have a KAP facilitor that isn't that far but it's expensive and that's only KAP1 then would need to keep going.

Still much prefer the sound of Nei Gong.

40 minutes ago, Jay78 said:

I do have a KAP facilitor that isn't that far but it's expensive and that's only KAP1 then would need to keep going.

There are a couple teachers who I can vouch for online. 

It is not cheap, however, so if you want it for free--move along: these skills are serious if you find a teacher who knows what they are doing and can demonstrate their own skill as well as you seeing your own development. 

It will also not come fast, and will require a lot of transformation.

Some members will just tell you to read a couple books or do Zhan Zhuang. That is not neigong--it's a long process that doesn't happen overnight nor is it synonymous with qigong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand it is a long process, I don't care asking as I'm feeling or noticing changes in my energy.

I've been meditating for around 8 years and my kundalini "activated" a few years ago so in desperate need of some progressive active practices.

Who can you recommend as a online teacher?

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Jay78 said:

I understand it is a long process, I don't care asking as I'm feeling or noticing changes in my energy.

I've been meditating for around 8 years and my kundalini "activated" a few years ago so in desperate need of some progressive active practices.

Who can you recommend as a online teacher?

Thanks 

Send your questions in a PM and understand that the three I reference there will require your commitment as well as your tuition, the former being most significant because it’s as serious a decision as getting married or moving for one, and the others will simply not acknowledge you beyond rudimentary foundation skills if they glean that this is a weekend warrior deal for you.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jay78 said:

PM me. I have a friend who is in the UK and a very high level guy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jay78 said:

Hi guys

I've been practicing simple meditation where I just observe thought and leave them alone. A no thought state is fairly simple at this point.

I recently been wondering why my kundalini doesn't move much and is active but not very.....

Then I found out about qi gong and nei gong via book reviews on Amazon with A comprehensive guide by Damo Mitchell recieving rave reviews.

I want to really give this a go as the practices seem to get energy moving and clearing/cleansing the energy system which just isn't happening with my meditations and other Hindu based practices like mantra etc have limited effect for me.

Nei Gong seems ideal.

Thanks 

If you're serious about internal work I'd suggest you avoid mixing and matching systems and paradigms.

If you wish to work with kundalini, neigong is not the method.

Neigong and qigong are powerful but to go in that direction, best not to try and apply a Hindu paradigm

We all resonate differently to different methods and perspectives and it's important to find what fits you.

The underlying human experience and energetics are what they are regardless of labels and paradigms.

On the other hand, the methods, expected results, landmarks, and supports are paradigm specific and mixing them up just makes a mess and leads people astray, IMO.

Once you reach a certain level of realization, it won't matter as much but it can in the early stages.

In my experience, neigong requires great precision.

Precision requires experienced guidance and feedback.

I agree with those that are encouraging you to find a teacher if you wish to study neigong.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PM me if you like. It's possible that i can give you a push in the right direction. 

Edited by RiverSnake

On 29/02/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jay78 said:

Damo’s school has many UK-based teachers. Have a look at their website.

Once you’ve got a few options, I’d suggest to go visit them and just see who you prefer to learn from and then stick to one system (don’t mix and match).

Good luck :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Damo’s school has many UK-based teachers. Have a look at their website.

If you weren't aware, Damo also has really high quality video instruction on the basics for astonishingly little money:

https://vimeo.com/damomitchell

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/29/2020 at 6:51 AM, Jay78 said:

I've been meditating for around 8 years

People have different thoughts about meditation. I am so curious what did you do in your meditation, besides meditate? 

Edited by ReturnDragon

On 29. 2. 2020 at 2:30 PM, Jay78 said:

that's only KAP1 then would need to keep going.

There's no need to keep going besides KAP1, per KAP FAQ: "This one course is all you need. Everything else is just added fun and assistance."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is all very interesting.

Eric Isen seems awesome as he can check properly a person's energy system and tell them what practices they need. Also my years of silent meditation have helped in that I can hold a no thought state easily.

But all my blockages and traumas are left untouched and remain.

Damo Mitchell is highly recommended by everyone and it was his book reviews on Amazon that got me to start this thread in the first place.

Then finally another option is KAP1.

So many choices but which to go with....hmmmmmm

Jay78, This may be out of place because you want 'Nei Gong' training, but what is the end goal for your meditation and kundalini practice, is it internal power, the 1000 lotics experience, a mind that is at piece, or creating a eternal spirit body?:)

• Like 1