Starjumper

The perfect weapon

Who needs toilet paper when you can use dryer sheets instead.  Smell like Lavender, no more butt static cling, and no wrinkles.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Haha 2

On 3/12/2020 at 7:16 PM, thelerner said:

that seems easy to me.  Two things.  Higher Education, particularly for woman.  Unstigmatized access to birth control.  Those two things have driven the birthrate in most of the first world under repopulation number.  In the US, Russia, Europe, Japan, we need immigration to stay still.  Some countries are bribing woman to get pregnant. ...  Another pig in the pen is religion.

I agree 100%, that higher education, mainly for women, and unstigmatized access to birth control are the most ethical. 

It made me realize I did not state the question well.  I should have worded it, what is the most ethical, effective, and practical.

The methods you mention are ethical, and that angle has been known and worked on for a long time, but as we can see, they are not effective in a lot of the world due to economic structure, religion, and culture.

So now the question is changed to what is most ethical given that it also be effective and practical.   Of course you know what I'm getting at, i think the answer is viruses.  I really am curious to hear about something that could be better ... for population control = )

Creating a virus that mostly kills older people would not be worth an intelligent way plus it could kill its creators, there families and if found out you're a mass murderer and everything you've done or stood for is gonna be destroyed.  

Maybe not, because it is easy to hide the source, until 25 years later, the 'truth' comes out, after history has been rewritten, when it's too late.

Concerning removing the older people, it accomplishes several purposes.   As you know, due to birth rates, the population is said to be 'top heavy', with too many older people being a burden on society, which does not have enough workers to support them, and of course, OUR social security money was already stolen long ago.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Wuhan was the first city in the world to be fully blanketed by 5g. Just thought id throw that into the ring. continue.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, steve said:

I think an equally, or more, plausible hypothesis is that multiple strains have been identified in the US because they were introduced by travelers from multiple different regions. Perhaps one day will learn the truth about its origin but I doubt it. The amount of speculation and misinformation is gargantuan and proving the source will be quite difficult. No one wants the responsibility and governments are masterful at lying and misdirection, particularly the US, Russia, and China.

True, if the virus didn't mutate, then the most diverse place would likely be the origin.  But if it mutates (which most do maybe once or twice a month), then that is not necessarily true.  Basically, they would have to construct a phylogenetic tree to really determine the spread.

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Maybe not, because it is easy to hide the source, until 25 years later, the 'truth' comes out, after history has been rewritten, when it's too late.

Concerning removing the older people, it accomplishes several purposes.   As you know, due to birth rates, the population is said to be 'top heavy', with too many older people being a burden on society, which does not have enough workers to support them, and of course, OUR social security money was already stolen long ago.

Here's a good presentation with timeline on the "US origin" hypothesis:

I would agree with him that this possibility is neither baseless or proven, but somewhere in between.

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

wonder when this whole thing is over how much more power the fully asleep masses will be willing to give over to their authority figures in the name of "safety".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bax44 said:

Wuhan was the first city in the world to be fully blanketed by 5g. Just thought id throw that into the ring. continue.

Phoenix, Arizona has a lot of 5G towers all over the place.  My wife went there for a month to visit her daughter, and when she came back her health had really been hit badly for no evident reason.  Now she is back to normal.  Here there are no smart meters, no wifi, and no cellular signal in this high mountain valley.

• Like 1

Just now, Starjumper said:

Phoenix, Arizona has a lot of 5G towers all over the place.  My wife went there for a month to visit her daughter, and when she came back her health had really been hit badly for no evident reason.  Now she is back to normal.  Here there are no smart meters, no wifi, and no cellular signal in this high mountain valley.

Yeah. As far as I know there are no cities in us yet fully 5g, was just pointing out that WUhan was the first, thought it was kind of strange.

• Like 1

Ten thousand new cases in one day today,  If I look into my crystal ball and get a calculator out, that means in one week there will be 40,000 new cases in one day.  In one month there may be 120,000 new cases in one day.

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Ten thousand new cases in one day today,  If I look into my crystal ball and get a calculator out, that means in one week there will be 40,000 new cases in one day.  In one month there may be 120,000 new cases in one day.

Yeah, it is pretty much doomsday all over, and you can expect relatives and family members who are 50+ and not in the greatest health, to die if they catch it. This thing has potential to kill millions if it does not get curbed like in China or South Korea, and somehow european countries and America are failing right now. South Korea just stopped the virus in a week.

In italy 21 year old just died from pneumonia. 

The economy will collapse, the global debt will increase, the bubbles will pop, this crisis is worse than the Great Depression, most small business / restaurants / shops / malls / cinemas / airlines / travel agencies all getting bankrupt.

Add to this an Oil War with Saudi / Russia / USA and trade wars between everyone.

Edited by GSmaster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GSmaster said:

There are a couple of mistakes with the simulations in that article.  One is that people who are 'cured' can still test positive for the virus afterwards, and can still infect others.  The second one is that a person who has healed can get infected a second and third time, and those seem to be more severe.  These point to a possible scenario where the disease just keeps going around and around, over and over, till it hits everyone once, twice, three strikes, we're out.

Edited by Starjumper

36 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

These point to a possible scenario where the disease just keeps going around and around, over and over, till it hits everyone once, twice, three strikes, we're out.

The slowdown in south korea and china cases points out to herd immunity and virus is losing its effectiveness.

Otherwise they would never be able to move from quarantine or slow down the virus.

The virus constantly needs fresh people to mutate itself, and the virus in different people can be different as virus is basically a parasite on DNA. It replicates with your cells, hence virus in you, will be slightly different than same virus, lets say in bat or snake.

It can go on endlessly reinfecting people if it is not contained. If it is contained well and slowed down to a degree where more people heal / recover that people who get infected again. Then it is going through a decreasing slope and there is a hope to stop epidemy.

Currently, the cases are growing rapidly in EU / USA / RU it is doubling every few days / week, and recovered are almost none? Because apparently this disease takes like 3-4 weeks to heal from.

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

There are a couple of mistakes with the simulations in that article.  One is that people who are 'cured' can still test positive for the virus afterwards, and can still infect others.  The second one is that a person who has healed can get infected a second and third time, and those seem to be more severe.  These point to a possible scenario where the disease just keeps going around and around, over and over, till it hits everyone once, twice, three strikes, we're out.

There's only been a few cases of recurrence, and it's not confirmed if they were genuinely reinfections...or just due to false negatives or something?

Can People Who Recover from COVID-19 Become Reinfected?

Medical professionals believe positive coronavirus retests are more likely the result of errors in testing rather than reinfection.

I mean, I wouldn't rule it out, but it's probably more the exception than the rule regardless...

On the brighter side, at least some of the young, 20-somethings with it don't seem to be faring too poorly so far...

Mitchell, 23, became the second NBA player to test positive for COVID-19, joining Jazz teammate Rudy Gobert. Mitchell, from isolation, told GMA’s Robin Roberts that he feels fine and currently has “no symptoms.”

Australian woman struck down with COVID-19 says her symptoms were no worse than a 'sore throat and a headache' - so we should 'calm down'
The 29-year-old said she has 'no idea' how she caught the virus

Edited by gendao
  • Like 3

I started reading the posts i earnest ... and about site 4 i only thought screw it ... wtf are you arguing about ...i mean its the Rabbit Hole ... but that Topic is steering to the rabbits butthole ...

There were some things at the beginning that make sense the rest just escalated

1. There is a Biolab in Wuhan ... but it was apparently opened 2012 and reported serious issues with safety around 2017

2. in the Biolab the combination of various corona virus strains was experimented on and somewhat successful but yielded no usaeble Virus particles

3. The Biolab was apparently run by the WHO

4. there are 2 strains of Covid 19 and apparently you can get both at the same

5. both strains can apparently kill you as covid 19 itself counts to the prevalent immunity problem

These things are facts, the rest is just speculation ... even tought there is a possibility ...

And anyways ... why arguing like hell on a forum that is targeted at spiritual enlightment ... just go and meditate about it ... arguing paves the way to anger and fear, both weakens the kidneys, which is like the emergency PSU for your immune System.  So just arguing about it will weaken you and make you a better target for it.

EDit ... just saw its in general ... thats even worse ...

Edited by Phantalor
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, gendao said:

There's only been a few cases of recurrence, and it's not confirmed if they were genuinely reinfections...or just due to false negatives or something?

Medical professionals believe positive coronavirus retests are more likely the result of errors in testing rather than reinfection.

I mean, I wouldn't rule it out, but it's probably more the exception than the rule regardless...

I read the article and it looks good, I hope it is right, and if it is, then there is some hope.  It is true that a virus can be 'dormant' in a person's cell, and then revive years later.  Also true about some tests may yield false positives, and some people are released before being fully cured.  I was concerned about the HIV genes in the virus causing it to reinfect people.  Time will tell.

On the brighter side, at least some of the young, 20-somethings with it don't seem to be faring too poorly so far...

Ya, all the college kids don't have to go to classes now, and since hotels and flights are so cheap they are using the opportunity to spread the disease all over the place while being more or less immune to problems.  I think some 20 somethings will fare poorly though, because their health is so low.

15 hours ago, gendao said:

As there are 2 Strains ( at least two known) you can very well get a reinfection just that it is another strain, much like the flu 

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I read the article and it looks good, I hope it is right, and if it is, then there is some hope.  It is true that a virus can be 'dormant' in a person's cell, and then revive years later.  Also true about some tests may yield false positives, and some people are released before being fully cured.  I was concerned about the HIV genes in the virus causing it to reinfect people.  Time will tell.

Ya, all the college kids don't have to go to classes now, and since hotels and flights are so cheap they are using the opportunity to spread the disease all over the place while being more or less immune to problems.  I think some 20 somethings will fare poorly though, because their health is so low.

Well, the RT-PCR test is ultimately a bit of an arbitrary judgment call, which is perhaps what could lead to some wiggle room in some diagnoses.

it is important to understand what RT-PCR, the PCR test technology is. It is based on PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) technology.
We can see that it was arbitrary, because in another paper, reference, the authors had two end points: 37 and 40. Anything less than 37 was considered positive and anything 40 or greater was defined as negative. The in-between values were re-tested and re-interpreted. Note that this paper would treat 37 as indeterminate but the Singapore paper would treat it as positive.
The authors of reference apparently programmed the PCR machine to stop after 37 cycles if no DNA had been detected. This means that we don't have information on when or if the process would have terminated by the detection of if it had been allowed to continue. More importantly, what would it mean if DNA was detected on cycle 38 or 40 or 80? If the DNA is unique to the virus there is no other possible interpretation than that the person is infected. But it is possible that everyone would eventually detect enough DNA detected, which could only be interpreted as the corresponding RNA being endogenous (i.e. formed within the cells of the human body).

Given that several people bounced back from negative to positive again, one could argue that the cutoff should be lower than 37. But likely if this was done many more people might test positive, and even with a cutoff of, say, 40, going to negative and back again might still occur.

Also interestingly, the youngest person who has died from Covid-19 thus far was...45!

This is not to say younger people couldn't still have some severe reactions...but not including death, yet!

And this has not been authenticated, but one possible tip for young patients (or anyone) is to avoid NSAIDs!

From an nhs colleague:
We have just been sent a medical alert that no one is to use anti inflammatories (eg I brufen, Voltarol, naproxen and there are others) for pain or high temperature. Use paracetamol instead. There seems to be a link between severe cases of covid19 affecting young people with no underlying illnesses and taking anti inflammatories. Initial reports started coming from French Drs on Friday. This has been confirmed by infectious diseases consultants here - there are 4 young people in ICU in Cork who have no underlying illnesses - all were taking anti inflammatories and there are concerns this has caused a more severe illness. We have been asked to spread the message. French tv and radio apparently broadcast the same warning today..
From John Greenwood’s niece...Consultant Pediatrician in London.
Pls pass on.

France's health ministry has suggested that popular anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen could worsen the effects of the coronavirus, raising questions over which over-the-counter drugs people should be taking to treat the symptoms of the disease.
Health Minister Olivier Veran, who has also worked as a neurologist, tweeted on Saturday that "taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone...) could be an aggravating factor of the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol. If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice."
Nonetheless, Veran's recommendation came on the same day that the French government reported that "grave adverse effects" linked to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) -- the family of drugs that includes ibuprofen -- have "been identified with patients affected by Covid-19, in potential or confirmed cases." 

"We repeat that the treatment of a fever or of pain linked to Covid-19 or to any other respiratory viral disease should be paracetamol," the ministry's new guidelines added. Paracetamol is typically known in the US as acetaminophen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gendao said:

The authors of reference apparently programmed the PCR machine to stop after 37 cycles if no DNA had been detected. This means that we don't have information on when or if the process would have terminated by the detection of if it had been allowed to continue. More importantly, what would it mean if DNA was detected on cycle 38 or 40 or 80? If the DNA is unique to the virus there is no other possible interpretation than that the person is infected. But it is possible that everyone would eventually detect enough DNA detected, which could only be interpreted as the corresponding RNA being endogenous (i.e. formed within the cells of the human body).

Given that several people bounced back from negative to positive again, one could argue that the cutoff should be lower than 37. But likely if this was done many more people might test positive, and even with a cutoff of, say, 40, going to negative and back again might still occur.

Going by PCR Standard, after a certain amount of cycles you will everytime measure something, because of heat induced recombination of the DNA and or statistically random binding of the Primer, as well as the partial damage to the reagents. And 38 Cycles is a hight number, normally you would beginn to see if one is positive at around 10 cycles.

The Problem with PCR is more to find a Primer that works in 90% of the cases, which is really hard (had to do that with several illness tests and most of the time you don´t get something at all)

Also Viral DNA is tricky in most cases, as it is a mixture of RNA and DNA, that is most likely only stable in a cell or the Virus in itself. If you crack it open (heat or reagents) it may very well denature and become unusable. Also you have to get a Virus particle into the test which is statistically hard as pcr mostly only accepts amounts of around 0.5 -1 µl of sample (which explains the bouncing)

This is why most tests don´t search for VIral DNA as it is nearly impossible to get a good reading. the most secure Way is to screen for antibodies, which is still in developement.

And this is why atm the most secure way to see anything is CT of the Lungs.

Edit:

Also most Painkillers /Anti inflammatory drugs need a healthy gastrointestinal tract, as they are quite aggressive in combination with stomach acid, even for a healthy person there are sometimes problems. But seeing as Covid also attacks the stomach, and intestines, the logic dictates, that such medicines will magnify the problems and may give the virus a way to attack the cells in the stomach

Edited by Phantalor
  • Like 2

Before I get myself in deep doo-doo here, I am in no way advocating the spread of the Coronavirus.

I am presenting this for educational value to be projected forward over time.

Pollution levels in China, you can easily detect the difference.

main-qimg-bc70a6a8305cb1de4ff3895bd7eb79a8

Decrease in NO2 pollution in Italy. Feb:

main-qimg-89492c65aded83bfaddefdbadbca0100

March:

main-qimg-46b8159b9a34dbabad74da10327262cc
main-qimg-82f79f7b4b78d667c28ff567152914fb

This is the data presented by the European Space Agency (ESA) that shows the same tendency

main-qimg-4acb970f33588bca7993ec4be39d6afc
main-qimg-5c4b274738a1ed77e33e803e28dc60ce

Some changes were even visible with the naked eye: like the canals in Venice became crystal clear due to reduced traffic during the quarantine.

main-qimg-105ab13e6d3727de9962d623f8e4ea6d

Venice hasn't seen clear canal water in a very long time. Dolphins showing up too. Nature just hit the reset button on us

Embedded video

COVID-19 is a nasty evil thing, and I really hope we get rid of it soon, but despite all the suffering, this lowered pollution part is good.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good things happening:

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple is in the process of reopening all 42 china stores.

- Cleveland Clinic may have developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

China have begun trials with Japanese developed Avigan with promising success. Announced yesterday, and all of sudden other drug companies (above) are announcing they've also found cures. Some coincidence.