Starjumper

The perfect weapon

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Not just intense, I get the feeling it motivates and drives Trump supporters.  The extreme vitriol makes him look like martyr  and that the world is full of Deep State people victimizing the poor man.  

imo better to just quote the man verbatim and let the 'stupid' speak for itself.  

true masters give no quarter to demonic or evil forces for there is no common ground with such or the making of pretenses to such.  And humans that have willingly joined and embraced their camp of malice deserve no better than their dark masters unless they get back their human conscience and relent.  Obviously a war has been on for eons...

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, old3bob said:

true masters give no quarter to demonic or evil forces for there is no common ground with such or the making of pretenses to such.  And humans that have willingly joined and embraced their camp of malice deserve no better than their dark masters unless they get back their human conscience and relent.  Obviously a war has been on for eons...

I worry that both sides see the other as demonic or evil forces.  Bitterly opposing each other when they are in fact, mirroring each others behavior.  And that compromise is possible.  Maybe masters 'Know' the real truth, but regular people cannot be so certain.  There  are extremists and populists willing to demonize the other side for fame, fortune and drama.   Fear and Nationalism are seductive manipulation tools. 

While there are times where things reach extremes, the other 99% neither side is evil, just people doing the foolish things people do when scared, stupid or greedy.   I don't believe people need 'demonic' forces to act stupid.  In micro and macro ways we do it to ourselves, no supernatural beings needed.  

I'm reminded of a Mark Twain quote-

"O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst."

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

I don't believe people need 'demonic' forces to act stupid.

Good morning Michael,

As far back as when I was a little baby ~ I was called stupid.

Am I born stupid? Is stupidity inborn?

Is Cupid stupid... ?

- Anand

• Like 1

hmnn, I was talking people, not you.

but

Stupid is,

As Stupid Does. 

Self interest isn't stupid, but too much triggers greed and fear and tribalism.  A mess that leads to poor results. 

4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Self interest isn't stupid, but too much triggers greed and fear and tribalism.  A mess that leads to poor results. 

Human nature ... or herd mentality?

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Hi Steve,

th?id=OIP.Ecf2ydsWnYVQpWdzuBmYTgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

No more... silence... don't bite baits... Period.

- Anand

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Its said, tell me your age and where you grew up and I can give you a real good guess about your politics, fashion and music sense.  The herd influences us.  Rebelling against the herd is still reacting and being controlled by it.. somewhat.  Because an idea is popular doesn't mean its wrong. 

We humans are herd animals.  We're conceited enough to think we are different and 'I am right'; we are the star in our first person narrative.  Thinking others are wrong and we are special.  Maybe.. maybe not.  Still the truth is out there.  Often we argue because we're using different world views and definitions right from the start without establishing base lines and common definitions we talk past each other.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Limahong said:

No more... silence... don't bite baits... Period.

And yet ... Silence is golden.  

In other news.  In some quotes I see that Ralis is still spraying political diarrhea across the screen.

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

Silence is golden.

Go and meditate in silence.

th?id=OIP.W3rOsUoR8hrdX9ORiSxd9AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=195&h=163

tenor.gif?itemid=4832412

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

I worry that both sides see the other as demonic or evil forces.  Bitterly opposing each other when they are in fact, mirroring each others behavior.  And that compromise is possible.  Maybe masters 'Know' the real truth, but regular people cannot be so certain.  There  are extremists and populists willing to demonize the other side for fame, fortune and drama.   Fear and Nationalism are seductive manipulation tools. 

While there are times where things reach extremes, the other 99% neither side is evil, just people doing the foolish things people do when scared, stupid or greedy.   I don't believe people need 'demonic' forces to act stupid.  In micro and macro ways we do it to ourselves, no supernatural beings needed.  

I'm reminded of a Mark Twain quote-

"O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst."

Yes Lerner that is the human take where common ground and reason can be found, even a small amount of it.  But to know the consuming depth of evil hunger without conscience and or its nature on the outside one has to also  have known it on the inside...and to know and look that potential and not only potential in the eye about oneself is no cake walk,  thus any true master has had to have taken that walk and then come out the other side or be turned .   "know a tree by its fruits" is part of we have to go by and of course the dharma teachings,  otherwise we may  wander rudderless in rationales where vice can be virtue or virtue vice.   None of or 99% (if you will) of the goings on happening in this world can happen without it first happening in the normally unseen worlds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

What about sages?

I don't know.  I assume sages can disagree with each other. 

Maybe the best and only question is- Can you do the right action, at the right time? 

Not lost in thoughts or philosophy.  And if there is no action to take, shouldn't we mind our own business and go on living our lives?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thelerner said:

I worry that both sides see the other as demonic or evil forces

Hi Michael,

Please don't worry. The Tao has both sides to everything...

Bitterly opposing each other when they are in fact, mirroring each others behavior.  And that compromise is possible

It is part of a clap ~ it takes two hands... to compromise?

80320-Britney-Spears-happy-clapping-ampW.gif

Maybe masters 'Know' the real truth, but regular people cannot be so certain. 

Yes ~ maybe.

There  are extremists and populists willing to demonize the other side for fame, fortune and drama.   Fear and Nationalism are seductive manipulation tools.

Like in ... 

ch-1-micro-and-macro-economics-8-638.jpg?cb=1448085508

Please do not forget the meso also...

f82afde0e41fa41c4a9bdbc7f0650fc3.gif

"O Lord our God...

O Divine our Grace...

...our shells........ th?id=OIP.9T2dJU9pECxcQA0xosecWQHaGE&pid=Api&P=0&w=185&h=152

...patriot dead... th?id=OIP.p0Pw_nhCvywvbIeYmlUGbwHaF0&pid=Api&P=0&w=201&h=159

...  in pain...........th?id=OIP.iOUFasSGB0LAzEAx6lrhLwHaJ4&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

... fire..................th?id=OIP.pfMqa72rZwMvPsI-NWow9AHaE6&pid=Api&P=0&w=236&h=157

... widows........th?id=OIP.Nz6ZrQjbUOIzoUlKIITH_QHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&w=313&h=157

... help us to..th?id=OIP.oTX-NAx3oitxKQciZ-hS2QHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Your Bro... 

Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Michael,

Please don't worry. The Tao has both sides to everything.

It is part of a clap ~ it takes two hands... to compromise?

80320-Britney-Spears-happy-clapping-ampW.gif

Your Bro... 

Edited by Bindi

20 minutes ago, Bindi said:

What's the sound of one hand clapping?

Hi Bindi,

What's the sound of two hands compromising?

- Anand

10 hours ago, thelerner said:

I don't know.  I assume sages can disagree with each other. 

Now there's something to think about. Lao Tzu sez the sage does not contend but I imagine that is referring to verbal contention, they simply don't bother to argue with someone.  However, I also imagine that they may contend with swords or guns when it comes to attachment to territory, family, or tribe.

My comment about sages was in reference to this statement:

Rebelling against the herd is still reacting and being controlled by it.

I think sages would be excluded from this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

From Singapore Ministry of Health... Channel News Asia...

Just when I think that you are a worthless troll good for nothing but spamming up threads, you actually come up with something good that contributes something to the thread.

Now, you can go back to your true form and shoo me off with some juvenile animation.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, Starjumper said:

Some information about Coronavirus, it is possible that some of it is misinformation.

Hi Steve,

Now there is silence on the viral war front?

Humanity fighting as ONE?

- Anand

12 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Steve,

Now there is silence on the viral war front?

Humanity fighting as ONE?

- Anand

The silence of One hand clapping ...

11 minutes ago, dawei said:

The silence of One hand clapping ...

... clapping ONE heart...

tumblr_ma6n5rGScJ1rse1ipo1_500.gif

Period.

• Like 1