Starjumper

The perfect weapon

1 minute ago, dawei said:

Thanks for asking.  That is a valid question.

Her hometown is in northeast of Beijing and not a single confirmation has shown up in her hometown... but the surround towns did...  and I scrambled and argued with United to get her home earlier.  To be honest, I was more concerned with her getting on a plane to go to Beijing and then to Chicago and then to Orlando...   Planes (and ships) are a great way to spread it.

I joked that I would lock her in a bedroom for 14 days... but the punch line is, I was also in the bedroom...   She is 24 days without any sign of anything.  And me too... in case your next question was, "Were you tested".    I seem ok.   

That was a huge risk to many!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

That was a huge risk to many!

"Self-serving" as mentioned earlier. ;) 

Enough from me, just had to point this out on my way out. 

I will say this. I bought a new iPhone 11 a couple of weeks ago which is manufactured in China and was lucky to get it since the supply chain is being significantly reduced. I did wonder the ramifications if it carried this virus. Although, US corporations manufacture in China and if it carried the virus, I surmised that millions of other products would be potential vectors also. The infection rate here in the US would be quite large. 

My neighbor who is a Public Health Dr. (Johns Hopkins) asked me if I sterilized my new phone? That gave me pause! She was serious!

There are many products that all come in contact with that are manufactured in China and from what I see is that if such products were vectors we would already know it. 

Edited by ralis

For all the deniers here, if you show symptoms call your Dr. immediately and isolate yourself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

"Self-serving" as mentioned earlier. ;) 

Enough from me, just had to point this out on my way out. 

When self-serving is caring and dedicating and ensuring a loved one gets back home...  I'm guilty as charged.

We actually talked about her staying in china, despite she was already there 2 months.  That her hometown was risk free, so far... and going on planes was a bigger risk.  I'm curious:  Has anyone here faced the idea to ask their wife to stay in another country and not return home for an unknown amount of time?    Are those that question the situation even married?

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

For all the deniers here, if you show symptoms call your Dr. immediately and isolate yourself!

Can you define a denier?

Anyone who show symptoms of anything should see a doctor.   So I'm not sure what your denier idea is about.

Dawai are you feeling any tightness in the chest just recently? Maybe infrequent episodes of loose bowl movements or nausea?

Edited by idiot_stimpy

2 minutes ago, dawei said:

When self-serving is caring and dedicating and ensuring a loved one gets back home...  I'm guilty as charged.

We actually talked about her staying in china, despite she was already there 2 months.  That her hometown was risk free, so far... and going on planes was a bigger risk.  I'm curious:  Has anyone here faced the idea to ask their wife to stay in another country and not return home for an unknown amount of time?    Are those that question the situation even married?

If it means staving off a pandemic, yes!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I thought virus cannot survive without a living host. I thought most can live no more than 24hrs on a surface?

You might need to explain your 24 hour issue on a surface.   

A virus means a host. 

Just now, dawei said:

See, I was on my way out, but ya called me in again, so here I am: honey I'm home! 

But I'm not Ward Cleaver, I'm Ralph Kramden. 

Flying her home was a risk--there's no denying there was a self-interest that came before the rest of the world--but this is understandable and common. 

Quarantining her at home rather than going to actual medical professionals or self-reporting, however, is the issue, old boy. 

1 minute ago, idiot_stimpy said:

Dawai are you feeling any tightness in the chest just recently? Maybe infrequent episodes of loose bowl movements or nausea?

Not at all.  You may be reading my wife, my step-daughter, and EG and Ralis too.  

5 hours ago, Heartbreak said:

The Order of the Green Dragon is an ancient organization dedicated to its own evolution and growth. It is the greatest threat to human growth and enlightenment in the universe. The Order of the Red Dragon is devoted to man's growth and protection. Each aspect of the universe that we live in is shrouded in secrecy and protection for a reason. There are forces all around us that seek to kill, maim, enslave and subvert everything that we do.

Evil is not an adequate term for the forces that control your lives.

We will introduce you to the major players in the organization known as The Order of the Green Dragon. You will learn how it was formed, how it grew, and how it affects your life on a daily basis. In order to understand and defend yourselves properly, you need to know more about who you are fighting.

Hurricanes, earthquakes, disease, volcanoes, mass murder, war, drugs, gambling, slavery are only a few of the tools that this organization uses to subvert the human race. You need to know more about them. You need to know why they hate you.

Hang on a minute .... I KNOW  about this !    Its the red dragons that are the bad ones and the green dragons are good !

The above quote is just  red dragon conspiracy  cover up bull shit .

Dont be fooled peeps !   

B)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

See, I was on my way out, but ya called me in again, so here I am: honey I'm home! 

But I'm not Ward Cleaver, I'm Ralph Kramden. 

Ok.  Whoever they are. 

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Flying her home was a risk--there's no denying there was a self-interest that came before the rest of the world--but this is understandable and common. 

Quarantining her at home rather than going to actual medical professionals or self-reporting, however, is the issue, old boy. 

There was no need to quarantine her. It was a fucking joke... old boy.   

Yea... I locked my wife in  a bedroom, chained her to a stall... I passed water through a sieve...   gave her rice once a day... meat once a week.  she was contained due to the overly obsessive Bums member who said she was at risk, despite he knows nothing. 

Can we make a NetFlix show?

10 minutes ago, ralis said:

If it means staving off a pandemic, yes!

I agree.. and why we had the talk.   thanks. 

6 minutes ago, dawei said:

Ok.  Whoever they are. 

People your age would know from The Magical Place known as TV Land, chap. 

7 minutes ago, dawei said:

There was no need to quarantine her. It was a fucking joke... old boy.   

And you are the butt of that joke, finally, young ape. 

8 minutes ago, dawei said:

Yea... I locked my wife in  a bedroom, chained her to a stall... I passed water through a sieve...   gave her rice once a day... meat once a week.  she was contained due to the overly obsessive Bums member who said she was at risk, despite he knows nothing. 

Ah, you're John Kramer, aka Jigsaw!

9 minutes ago, dawei said:

Can we make a NetFlix show?

Flowers in the Attic and Room were the books and film that are way ahead of you, which are modeled after real life already.

Don't worry, Frank Grimes: I'm done--unless you call me back again. 

Huh huh, huh. Heh heh, m heh heh. 

20 minutes ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I thought virus cannot survive without a living host. I thought most can live no more than 24hrs on a surface?

The data on the transmission/vectors are not complete yet as far as I know. In general the virus protein coat begins to deteriorate when outside of optimum conditions. 

• Like 2

Just now, Earl Grey said:

People your age would know from The Magical Place known as TV Land, chap. 

Don't know that at all.

And you are the butt of that joke, finally, young ape. 

Ah, you're John Kramer, aka Jigsaw!

no idea on that. 

Flowers in the Attic and Room were the books and film that are way ahead of you, which are modeled after real life already.

Don't worry, Frank Grimes: I'm done--unless you call me back again. 

Huh huh, huh. Heh heh, m heh heh. 

ok... no idea.

I hope you are having fun. 

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

The data on the transmission/vectors are not complete yet as far as I know. In general the virus protein coat begins to deteriorate when outside of optimum conditions. 

can you explain the bold ?

I'm guessing it means the virus slows down transmission the further from its initial spread. 

Just now, dawei said:

Don't know that at all.

no idea on that. 

ok... no idea.

I hope you are having fun. 

Ah yes, the engineer with no humanities education or understanding of human nature and the many things that help us understand through stories, history, and the arts. It’s all finances and numbers, no heart for you and no understanding of how to use Google to check references I’ve made that anyone from the Silent generation and Baby Boomers to Gen-X and older Millennials will recognize from late night reruns on broadcast television or YouTube clips.

Here is an easier analogy: you’re principal Rooney: an old fart whose idea of fun messes with everyone else and does it under the pretense of keeping order and being rational. I ain’t Ferriss Bueller, but it is quite fun after you and your cult ruined this site.

• Like 1

I hate to say this but does anyone ever consider the fact that the virus isn’t solely being transmitted by Chinese citizen?

There are so many cases now of local transmissions who have had no contact at all with anyone Chinese that you can’t help but wonder if certain parties are releasing the virus on purpose.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hang on a minute .... I KNOW  about this !    Its the red dragons that are the bad ones and the green dragons are good !

The above quote is just  red dragon conspiracy  cover up bull shit .

Dont be fooled peeps !   

B)

What do you know about the red dragons vs the green dragons? 

I like to learn from you.

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Ah yes, the engineer with no humanities education or understanding of human nature and the many things that help us understand through stories, history, and the arts. It’s all finances and numbers, no heart for you and no understanding of how to use Google to check references I’ve made that anyone from the Silent generation and Baby Boomers to Gen-X and older Millennials will recognize from late night reruns on broadcast television or YouTube clips.

Here is an easier analogy: you’re principal Rooney: an old fart whose idea of fun messes with everyone else and does it under the pretense of keeping order and being rational. I ain’t Ferriss Bueller, but it is quite fun after you and your cult ruined this site.

I'm not an engineer.   I don't spend time online as you seem to want to share about things I have no understanding of.  Almost 99.9% of what your wrote, I don't even know.   Who is Rooney?   Anyway, you seem to know who you want to talk about.  

8 minutes ago, Heartbreak said:

I hate to say this but does anyone ever consider the fact that the virus isn’t solely being transmitted by Chinese citizen?

There are so many cases now of local transmissions who have had no contact at all with anyone Chinese that you can’t help but wonder if certain parties are releasing the virus on purpose.

If I understand you, you want to say there is community sharing of the virus, which I think the data is showing is true.   

But you would have to explain the idea of releasing on purpose.   I have thoughts but would like to hear your point. 

• Like 1