Sign in to follow this  
ReturnDragon

What are the oldest Chinese Taoist myths?

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Wow, flying weenies!   Are there many of those where you live?

6 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

No, I didn't hide the salami. Unfortunately, I putted it in front of the people with their eyes closed.

Close your eyes...

51 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I already explained it, and you said you knew all about it already.

So, do you consider deep breathing in your practice or just sometimes or depends?

On 2/24/2020 at 9:18 AM, ReturnDragon said:

The so called Fragrant Qigong, is like doing some slow exercises. It will have some health benefits. The slow movements are similar to practice Taiji if the breathing was emphasized. This has something to do with muscle contraction. I felt my strength from the energy that was generated from the muscle cells. Any slow muscle exercise does have some health benefits besides whatever you want to call the exercise. The only thing that bothers me is the claim of having a fragrant during practice.

Fragrant works on different levels and doesn't follow TCM.

It is a paradox of the universe. Value it for what it is and what it can do for you. Don't analyze it.

It doesn't work like that.

It is considered bad to even follow the qi during this qigong or the sensations that happen.

The instructions are to even refrain from counting if possible!

As for the fragrances. Sometimes i can smell them. Most of the time i smell nothing.

It is funny that you mention Taiji and how "it works with muscles" but the truth is that fragrant doesn't work well with martial forms of qigong while shibashi is ok.

I can attest for the effectiveness of the system but it might not suit everyone. It never works the same way twice! Or maybe individuals don't react the same way. I have done other systems but this is very different. If it doesn't work for you, don't practice it, find something that suits you better. If it is a fraud or not, i will let people decide for themselves. The system is free. At least the first two levels which are more than enough for everyone.

In any case i have no authority to explain, only the masters of the system are entitled to explain what is happening though i have some clue on what the causes are.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

do you consider deep breathing in your practice or just sometimes or depends?

Hi RD,

If my chakras are well aligned ~ I can/will breathe wu-wei-lessly?

- Anand

23 hours ago, Starjumper said:

OK, Dragon, I'll tell you about some of the facts of life.

Chi and air are/were the same word in Chinese because in ancient times people did not know anatomy, and the feeling of chi moving in the body is similar to the feeling of air moving in the throat or on the skin, they didn't know that the air stopped at the limit of the lungs.

The term 'breathing in chi', therefore, should be taken lightly, because it does not really mean breathing with the lungs, or even using the lungs at all.  This is not to say that there are not breathing practices, because there are.  These are two different, and normally separate, methods.

The highlighted in red was the most humane thing had ever come out of your mouth. I like that. Thank you very much!  However, I am not quite sure what you were saying about the two different breathing methods. Would you enlighten me on that? Please!

Edited by ReturnDragon

On 2/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, ReturnDragon said:

The Chinese definition of 氣功(Qigong) is always considered deep breathing within the practice. Hence, without deep breathing is not Qigong.

Why is there a discrepancy? Why was the definition of Qigong, in English, disregarded deep breathing?

On 2/25/2020 at 6:32 PM, Starjumper said:

I already explained it, and you said you knew all about it already.

No, you didn't tell me anything. You only told me about the definition of chi but not the definition of chi gong in your own words.

BTW I would like to read the post about your teacher again; but I couldn't find that post. Would you like to help me to get there? Thanks!

Edited by ReturnDragon

5 hours ago, ReturnDragon said:

BTW I would like the read the post about your teacher again; but I couldn't find that post. Would you like to help me to get there? Thanks!

Those were stories about four of my very high level tai chi and kung fu teachers, the kung fu was somewhat similar to tai chi. I deleted all those posts and erased the name from the thread.  Those were not about my main teacher, who was my nei kung master, who was also Bruce Lee's main kung fu teacher, and the kung fu teacher of my two king fu teachers.

Many Chinese hate the book and what it says.

Edited by Starjumper

12 hours ago, Limahong said:

If my chakras are well aligned ~ I can/will breathe wu-wei-lessly?

Hi RD,

Trust your response will be in the affirmative... thus?

Wu Wei(無為) is to let Nature take its course.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Thanks 1

I am not quite sure what you were saying about the two different breathing methods. Would you enlighten me on that? Please!

OK,

1. Pore breathing

2. Visualizing energy movement (similar to circle jerking)

But those aren't the ones I use for myself.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

36 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Horses communicating at TDB?

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

4 minutes ago, Limahong said:
   38 minutes ago,  Starjumper said: 

Horses communicating at TDB?

I like the farting sound at the end of the last one, did you know horses make farting sounds from both ends?

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

I like the farting sound at the end of the last one, did you know horses make farting sounds from both ends?

Only horses?

28 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Only horses?

No.  Humans do it too, here's an example.  This is the first time in history farting was used in a movie and the audience was both shocked and rolling in the aisles with laughter at the same time.  Mel Brooks makes great movies.

Since then it's use in movies has become 'nothing special'

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

No humans do it too...

Thank you... enough.

I am going to have breakfast in the garden where the air is fresh.

Good day.

15 hours ago, Limahong said:

wu-wei-lessly?

Do you want to say it is not Wu-wei? I am sure you didn't mean that!

Edited by ReturnDragon

14 hours ago, Limahong said:

Wu-wei-less ~ beyond wu-wei.

Are we quoting Blake again :P

Nicely said :)

Yes, there is. Only if one take the initiative to be Wu Wei once.

Yes ... once... and beyond... without words...

th?id=OIP.DZGajtjqUh-PneXilgdCQQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Sign in to follow this